WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

what about the blood spatter in stairwell of the salon. Has that not come in or is still being checked or not related?
Blood spatter was found at another Wenatchee residence where Wilson stayed in February. Investigators have said they found the spatter in the basement of Salon Couture, 404 S. Chelan Ave. It was in the stairwell between the basement and the main floor.
Investigators said Wilson was sometimes living in a basement apartment at the salon, which is owned by his mother, Kathleen Zornes. Wilson would stay at the basement apartment when his parents were away and would answer phone calls at the salon and clean up when the stylists went home.
Wilson was living in the basement of Salon Couture when he was arrested Oct. 6.
Blood from that Chelan Avenue apartment is still awaiting testing at the state crime lab, Wagg said Monday. Also awaiting testing is evidence taken from a car that Wilson was believed to have been driving about the time of the murder. Wagg said he does not believe investigators found any blood in that car, which had been sold in April and was located in Spokane.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/19/investigators-blood-at-burke-hill-apartment/

How does the Sunnyslope house and Crescent Bar house fit into the Chris Wilson story? Something was found up at Sunnyslope ----was he there?
And how would he know about the CB house if he and Mac didn't know each other very well?
That's what is making me wonder about an accomplice.......

I hope someone has an answer for your question, because I am wondering the same thing.

Has it been mentioned that the apartment complex is around the corner, and just down the street, from the police station, and the salon, too? All are within walking distance of the Hair/Beauty School.

Right like you said Nancee- right under the police noses.

I hope someone has an answer for your question, because I am wondering the same thing.

I may be wrong, but Sunnyslope is where Cowell lived with her mother I believe. I don't think the CB house had anything to do with MC herself other than that is where the killer/s placed her body. The killer chose this location likely because this is a remote area where he or she wouldn't likely be seen while they were there.

I may be wrong, but Sunnyslope is where Cowell lived with her mother I believe. I don't think the CB house had anything to do with MC herself other than that is where the killer/s placed her body. The killer chose this location likely because this is a remote area where he or she wouldn't likely be seen while they were there.

I think that the poster was referring to the spec house in Sunnyslope that is/was owned by MC’s mother. There was a rumor early on in the case that important evidence was found in that home.

Has it been mentioned that the apartment complex is around the corner, and just down the street, from the police station, and the salon, too? All are within walking distance of the Hair/Beauty School.

And all within the likely "circle" of cell tower hits from Mac's phone, less one call that didn't fall within the parameters at least of the salon, per the press conference (which was before the Okanogan address was named).

Thread 20 has been closed for review. You may continue here. Please follow the rules in this first post.

TOS violations will be recommended for TO's. No more warnings. We have been round and round about this - you guys know the rules, so follow them. If you have questions, send me or one of the other mods a pm and we will answer.

Please continue here.

REMEMBER:

1. No rumors
2. No sleuthing peripheral people. If you are going to post about a person - you MUST show a clear connection to the case. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. No disparaging remarks about family or friends of Mackenzie
3. No bickering or baiting.
4. No violations of the TOS!

Thanks!

Salem

Thread 19

Links to articles regarding arrest: http://www.lakechelanmirror.com/main.asp?SectionID=9&SubSectionID=9&ArticleID=2997

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/06/task-force-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/

Thread 20 has been closed for review. You may continue here. Please follow the rules in this first post.

TOS violations will be recommended for TO's. No more warnings. We have been round and round about this - you guys know the rules, so follow them. If you have questions, send me or one of the other mods a pm and we will answer.

Uh, oh........what happened? Geez, I sleep and all hell breaks lose! Be nice ya'll!

Uh, oh........what happened? Geez, I sleep and all hell breaks lose! Be nice ya'll!

Went away yesterday afternoon after it turned into rumor mill and a whole lot of sleuthing of people not in jail awaiting trial, not named by media or LE as persons of interest -- in direct conflict with TOS as noted above. I think your post attempting to restore some sanity was the last one before it went down.

It gets hard to keep a thread going sometimes when there isn't a lot coming from the media, but heck, we still have plenty of room left for conjecture on just how CW pulled this off, and WHY?

If he had help, it's going to come out from LE sooner rather than later IMHO.

I want to retract statement that I believed CW was likely the one who made the six calls to the wrong number (thinking he was looking for help perhaps). I went back over the earlier stories trying to find mention of the timing of said calls, and what those numbers were, and found this. BBM for emphasis.

"Immediately after Cowell drove away from the Academy of Hair Design on South Wenatchee Avenue on the afternoon of Feb. 9, six calls were made from her cell phone to the East Wenatchee number, Wenatchee Police Detective Kirk Drolet wrote in a search warrant affidavit filed March 2 in Chelan County Superior Court. The calls were all made within a few minutes, he wrote.

The affidavit states that investigators believe Cowell placed the calls, since she appeared to have driven away from the Academy alone and the calls were made within minutes of her leaving.

She did not connect with any one in any of her attempts to call the number, and she did not leave any messages, according to the family who has the number, Drolet wrote.

She made no other calls on her cell phone after that. However, she did send a brief text message to her boyfriend."

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...ant-explain-6-calls-from-cowells-cell/?online

So unless she happened to pick somebody (i.e. CW) up right around the corner, and she loaned his phone to him, it comes back to WHO the heck she was trying to call. And I guess why. Was it related to her going to apparently meet up with CW?

Is there a number close to the one she dialed that is somehow connected to him? I need to go review the PC again, as I think somebody inquired about those calls in the Q&A at the end, but if so, they still didn't point to CW.

KPQ just announced that Chris pleaded "not guilty". hum.....................

KPQ Wen.
Christopher Scott Wilson has pleaded Not Guilty to second degree murder charges in the death of 17-year-old McKenzie Cowell last February. Wilson attorney has waived a speedy trial; trial is scheduled for March 8th in Chelan County Superior Court.

KPQ just announced that Chris pleaded "not guilty". hum.....................

Not surprising. And off to trial we go. Any word on when he's in court next?

Meantime, itching for DNA results back on the salon basement apartment, the formerly-owned VW and of course Mac's car, which we still haven't heard anything back on either.

If he drove it up to Pitcher Canyon, his DNA has to be in there somewhere, and help establish his trail.

Someone was asking about what floor CW'S appartment was on. In the Wenatchee World it says the 2nd floor.

Someone was asking about what floor CW'S appartment was on. In the Wenatchee World it says the 2nd floor.

There is no street view on that bldg. Is it more than two floors, i.e. he had both upstairs AND downstairs neighbors and unless it was end unit, probably two next door neighbors?

A local here that knows? The aerial you really can't tell from how many stories, or how many total units there are, but doesn't look like a very large bldg. More units = more likelihood of people coming and going.

Parking there all out in the open, i.e. no under-building garage, and no elevators? All details that might help explain how she came and went with nobody noticing.

ETA: story just up from the WW. Lovely nice photo of much taller apartment bldg than I expected.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/20/wilson-pleads-not-guilty-to-cowells-murder/

Seems odd to plead "not guilty" with DNA evidence placing victim in his apartment. What am I missing here?

Seems odd to plead "not guilty" with DNA evidence placing victim in his apartment. What am I missing here?

When is the last time a not-yet-convicted murderer went into court and pleaded guilty? All part of due process, and much as we may hate it, he has the right to be faced with the evidence and his accusers (the State, in this instance) in a court of law and dispute the charges and the evidence. The State has to PROVE him guilty and even DNA evidence can be refuted by a good attorney. Think OJ.

Heck, they might try pleading down to a lesser charge before it goes to trial, but only an attorney who doesn't like his job would make no attempt at providing a defense. We are a long way from an actual trial yet, and there is still much more evidence and a whole bunch of legal wrangling to go on before March. This ride is just beginning.

In regards to phone calls....

---What if they had planned on meeting up to chat (or whatever) but didn't want anyone else to know they were "friends". Maybe he left first---walking........ then she left--driving and picked him up along the way to his apartment. Maybe the number was a number he gave her or what she thought his cell was-- maybe trying to get ahold of him to see "where he was so she could pick him up". Does that make sense? Whatcha think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back