PA PA - Betsy Aardsma, 22, murdered in Pattee Library, Penn State, 29 Nov 1969

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will see if I can get my hands on a copy and scan it in... I don't know how successful it will be. Littlehorn, do you know if it is still available AND if tomorrow's game is at home? If so, I'll get one of the guys to pick it up for me.

I will see if I can get my hands on a copy and scan it in... I don't know how successful it will be. Littlehorn, do you know if it is still available AND if tomorrow's game is at home? If so, I'll get one of the guys to pick it up for me.

Sneezy -- Don't know if it is available much outside of State College. Here's list of where you can get it:

http://www.statecollegemagazine.com/places/

TrishyPA -- It should still be available as far as I know, but unfortunately from the CDT Pocket Guide to tomorrow's game, the game itself is in Miinnesota.

Sneezy -- Don't know if it is available much outside of State College. Here's list of where you can get it:

http://www.statecollegemagazine.com/places/

TrishyPA -- It should still be available as far as I know, but unfortunately from the CDT Pocket Guide to tomorrow's game, the game itself is in Miinnesota.

I also put a call in to my friend who just so happens to be out there for work today...

Since this is the anniversary of Ms. Aardsma murder, and there have been some developments, I posted a blog noting it.

No new information, but I wanted to thank Mr. Skucek and Mr. Sherwood for their contributions to the investigation. They are inspirational and have inspired me.

Since this is the anniversary of Ms. Aardsma murder, and there have been some developments, I posted a blog noting it.

No new information, but I wanted to thank Mr. Skucek and Mr. Sherwood for their contributions to the investigation. They are inspirational and have inspired me.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Want to be infuriated, along with being inspired? Read on...

The guy who gave us some of the information on Rick, claims to have documents that could conclusively prove that Rick killed Betsy. He is refusing to share them with the police and is bragging that he'd like to sell them to the highest bidder, or he'll never release them.

The guy who gave us some of the information on Rick, claims to have documents that could conclusively prove that Rick killed Betsy. He is refusing to share them with the police and is bragging that he'd like to sell them to the highest bidder, or he'll never release them.

That makes me sick...As much as I would like to see LE and you guys get the documents, I would almost rather they never even see the light of day if all he cares about is how much money he would get for them. Unbelievable...:furious:

The police could have them subpoenaed. :)

I'd suspect that they do not exist.

It's possible that they don't exist, but we'll see. He has made very specific claims regarding them.

Here's a link to his blog:

http://betsyaardsma.blogspot.com/

Apparently from what I have been able to discover, he's full of crap. He has no documents, and is merely posting these things for some reason.

Most of what he says does not add up.

RH's Ph D. was in Geology, not vulcanology or mineralogy, and he only had one (from Penn State at least, I just checked).

It included location-proof of above-ground volcanic processes that built the Appalachian Mountains in Maryland which to this day are unknown in the geological field.

And non existent. The Appalachian mountains, in central PA and western PA, were build by "folding." A first year geology student at Penn State would know that. A "discovery" of that type would have been quickly published, not secret.

Here is the non secret information on the silver mine: http://www.mindat.org/loc-18332.html

Here is photo of it:

http://suereno.blogspot.com/2008/12/pequea-silver-mine.html

I would note that he is selling a book.

http://pequeasilvermine.blogspot.com/

Actually, the silver mine is not secret -- it's a county park. What is interesting is that Rick believed that the bulk of the silver was under an adjoining property and was yet to be discovered.

It makes sense that Rick would have studied it -- it's only 10-15 minutes from his house. I've been to the Pequea site and it's very interesting. Certainly plausible that there could still be silver there.

There's a modicum of truth to what Chris says, and a lot of padding around it.

No matter, because Chris is irrelevant. His story is interesting, and his original story as mentioned in the State College Magazine article is compelling -- but there are other stories by others not associated with him that we have uncovered that indicate that Rick most likely murdered Betsy.

I sent the PA State Police the two pictures of this convicted murderer, as compared to the sketch of the suspect in the Aardsma case. They were apparently impressed enough to do some follow up, including showing these pictures of my suspect to a witness who said she saw a man in the PSU library the day before the murder "acting strangely" with the same exact face, except the hair was different, it was an afro, but might have been a wig. I don't know if they did any more investigation, they said they can't tell me. Do people think he looks like the sketch?

aardsm10.jpg

I also found out that the cryptic and morbid statement etched onto a wood chair arm at Penn State and thought by police to perhaps be linked to the murder of Betsy Aardsma said the following:

HERE SAT DEATH IN THE GUISE OF A MAN RSK

Or given what I presume is the narrow width of a wood chair arm it may have appeared like this:

HERE SAT
DEATH IN
THE GUISE
OF A MAN
RSK

I also found out that the cryptic and morbid statement etched onto a wood chair arm at Penn State and thought by police to perhaps be linked to the murder of Betsy Aardsma said the following:

HERE SAT DEATH IN THE GUISE OF A MAN RSK

Or given what I presume is the narrow width of a wood chair arm it may have appeared like this:

HERE SAT
DEATH IN
THE GUISE
OF A MAN
RSK

Thinking WAYYY outside the box.

http://www.rskschool.com/cgi-bin/list.pl?year=1968

Anyone from the first batch of 1968 in touch with their classmates?
I am in touch with P.S. Gopinath in N.J.,US.
I also know that R.K. Mohan (incidentally the school is named after his father R.S. Krishnan)is in Celveland, Ohio.

Proud to belong to the first batch of students (1968). Was active in atheletics, cricket and hockey, scouts team and debating. Brother Ilangovan from the batch of 1970. Joined REC, Trichy then IIT, Madras. Now settled in Pittsburgh, USA. Other classmates from the first batch in USA are R.K Mohan and P.S. Gopinath. Remember those wonderful days with Bro. Dominic, Bro. Camillus, Bro. Montfort, Bro. Augustine, Mrs. Balasubramanian, Mr. Sathyaseelan, and a host of lovely dedicated teachers besides ofcourse charming personalities such as John Chakola, Gopinath, Subramanian, Navaratnam, Sivakumar and others.​

Do people think he looks like the sketch?

aardsm10.jpg

I gasped when I saw the photo.

However, Macek was about 6" shorter than the description, and substantially younger in 1969. He might have been lighter, the weight I've seen was 190.

The MO was different, though that could have changed over time.

I agree Macek does look like the sketch and should be checked out. Though, as you note, the MO is different and he seems to be too short.

The two pictures I posted on both sides of the sketch are of Ted Kaczynski, from the time period. It grew out of an investigation into Ted Kaczynski being the Zodiac.

IF Ted Kaczynski was the Zodiac, then he likely killed Cheri Jo Bates on 10/30/66, as she left the Riverside College Library. At Riverside they found a desk with a morbid poem written/etched onto a wood desk. It mentiones stabbing a girl in a red dress. Of course Aardsma was wearing a red dress, and there was also a morbid statement about death written/etched onto a wood chair arm. Both murders happened in or at college libraries, within a day of major Fall holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving). Both victims were girls who lead clean lives with no clear suspects. Both were killed with approx 3 to 4 inch knife blades.

PA State Police were interested in the possible connection, and showed Ted's picture to a witness who said she saw a man with the exact same face at the PSU library the day before the murder, acting strangely and perhaps wearing an afro wig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23