GUILTY AZ - Zachary Marco, 21, ASU student, shot to death, Tempe, 17 Oct 2010

I have been a member here for awhile and have never posted. I cannot let this one go by. I have known this family for 25 years. Do what you have to do Dan.

They released descriptions of the suspects and what they were wearing ten days earlier. The shooter, I believe, was wearing a red bandana. I suspect he was in a gang and they headed right out of town to L.A. or Detroit.:furious:

Zach was a beautiful young man. I really wish things like this did not happen to such motivated people....our world could use so many more like him.

His dad sounds like a very good man----in fact, it seems as though Zach may have learned how to focus and accomplish goals from his daddy.

Peace and hope to all involved, May God bless you and keep[ you!

I hadn't seen this story before today. I'm so glad they caught these guys - I have a niece at ASU :(

WTH is wrong with kids these days (yes, I sound like my parents!)? So quick to take a life needlessly and for so little.

These kind of cases just leave me shaking my head. A kid who has the whole world in front of him killed by thugs for a stupid computer and phone. Disgusting. I'm glad they caught them. I feel for his dad and family.

From November 2012:

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...-life-in-prison-for-asu-student-zachary-marco

On Thursday, Judge Karen O'Conner sentenced Louis Harper to life in prison on the first degree murder charges with the possibility of parole after 25 years. In the armed robbery, Harper was sentenced to 15 years in prison, to be served consecutively.

Harper pleaded guilty to the charges last month.

From December 2012:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...n-gets-17-years-role-asu-students-murder.html

A teenage accomplice in the 2010 murder of an Arizona State University student killed for his cellphone and laptop computer was sentenced to 17 years in prison on Friday in Maricopa County Superior Court.

Marion Patterson, 19, was already on probation for armed robbery when he and his uncle robbed and killed Zachary Marco, 21, an honors student who hoped to become an attorney...

Because he was not the shooter, Patterson was allowed to plead guilty to second-degree murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back