WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Just cruious if old Feb. phone records would have already been purged of CW's.. thus would we only be able to retreive current records???

Link to any media story ever please that media was told by LE early on about any brand of knife other than Maxam?

Nothing to support that DH asked about any specific brand of knife. Not trying to argue it, but I have $400 worth of Sennheisers on that audio, and there is no way I get Leek out of word with "ed" on the end of it. If she did say that, she is both amazingly educated on knife brands and also very confused about what LE released earlier in the case, which was Maxam.

If LE had told media about some other brand of knife early on, they would have reported it. Nothing on KIRO's site or any other, and DH reports for KIRO.

Nothing from any of the Seattle media. Nor Spokane. Nor the Wenatchee World. Only about the Maxam set.

Hi, anyoldtime48 ...

The Maxam brand kife reference with which we are all familar:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...-in-on-knife-left-near-cowell/?onlineThursday, July 15, 2010

WENATCHEE — A Maxam brand knife was found at the riverbank near where murder victim Mackenzie Cowell’s body was located Feb. 13.

In that July 15, 2010 news article it is reported that in February, LE located a Maxam brand knife at the CB crime scene.

LE has a Maxam brand knife in evidence. No question.

During the October 7, 2010 press conference Captain Jones stated, in paraphrase: the knife has not yet been located.

That was in response to a particular knife LE had talked about or showed to reporter(s) "early in the investigation".

Clearly, LE expects more than one knife was used.

From my post #105 in this thread:

A reporter's question to Captain Doug Jones during the Oct 7 press conference:

Quote:
"Early on in the investigation you had talked about or showed us a Leek knife that you said was involved, were you able to tie that to Christopher?"

Captain Doug Jones responded:

Quote:
"That is obviously something we are looking for but uhh, to this time we have not located the physical knife regarding that ... ".

Leek Knives:
http://www.gungfu.com/pics-general/p...haw-m-leek.jpg

Maxam Knives:
http://media.komonews.com/images/100...well_knife.jpg

Captain Jones' phrase, "regarding that", speaks specifically to the knife the reporter referenced as, "you had talked about or showed us", and that LE has not yet located.

The word the reporter spoke was placed in front of the word "knife", which typically is where we place an adjective or a noun.

The word you claim the reporter said, "linked", does not make sense in context as, "a linked knife".

"Linked" more naturally is used as a past participle verb, as in, "you showed us a knife linked to the murder", and, "the medical examiner linked the knife to the stab wound".

IMO, most reporters who make a living using words would not speak as such and LE would not describe to reporters a knife as being a "linked knife".

"Leek" is a knife name brand, a noun if you will, and often is used to describe that style knife ... see the attached pic.

IMO, the reporter did say, "Leek" because I believe LE believes a Leek (style) knife was used to stab MC in the neck.

I also believe LE believes the Maxam brand knife was used in an attempt to sever one of MC's arms.

I have had Mackenzie and Joaquin's Myspace page bookmarked since I first saw it and have looked at it many times, mainly because of the beautiful photos of Mackenzie.
Last night, something extrordinarary happened. I brought up the bookmark, but, unlike before, different words came up; I copied them immediately, exactly as they appeared. This is what I saved last night: sweet comments between Mac & JV
MySpace - M+J - 20 - Female - WASHINGTON - myspace.com ...

www.myspace.com/kenzilovesthegangsters

Read more: http://searchservice.myspace.com/in...joaquin+villasano&submit=Search#ixzz13zybT600
Mac and Joaquin chatting at 7:11 on 2/9? Of course, when I opened the link, it was gone.

I have had Mackenzie and Joaquin's Myspace page bookmarked since I first saw it and have looked at it many times, mainly because of the beautiful photos of Mackenzie.
Last night, something extrordinarary happened. I brought up the bookmark, but, unlike before, different words came up; I copied them immediately, exactly as they appeared. This is what I saved last night: sweet comments between Mac & JV

Read more: http://searchservice.myspace.com/in...joaquin+villasano&submit=Search#ixzz13zybT600
Mac and Joaquin chatting at 7:11 on 2/9? Of course, when I opened the link, it was gone.

Don't know if i can post this so feel free to delete..

I have been following him on facebook too and he regularly posts poetry and writings about the way he is feeling and how much he loved Mackenzie its so heartbreaking :( he also talks a lot about all of the people who blamed him and how the police tried to indimidate him

His privacy settings must prevent you from being able to find his profile via doing a search on facebook but I have managed to get onto it via one of Mac's friends profile who he is still in contact with.

Btw how bizzare that I can see nearly all of Mac's myspace profile now!! It was always private..

What I attempted to post earlier was Not material from within any social networking site-or any site, it was the link information that came up as a search return that I copied without opening the link. . NO link was opened. I thought it was interesting because it(the search return) included a single line of dialogue from Joaquin to Mackenzie, along with the date 2/9 and time 7:11 pm
"JV, Feb 9 2010 7:11 PM hey babe I LOVE YOU and i miss you too" That's it. It is some sort of a weird web malfunction, no doubt. It was just strange, under the circumstances, to see Joaquin chatting with Mackenzie at 7 pm on the 9th of February. Of course, he couldn't have been.
That was the only interesting part. The search return did have all the other usual mumbo jumbo http://www.whatever along with the myspace M+J stuff I am very impressed with Joaquin and how he has handled himself through this tragedy. It must be because he had such a special angel watching over him.

"Mac and Joaquin chatting at 7:11 on 2/9? Of course, when I opened the link, it was gone."
I think you got a Greenwich Mean Time on that. That would equal 12:11PM your time.

JV can still leave a comment on Mac's page at any time. She doesn't have to be there and just because he left her a comment that doesn't mean she was participating.

Even though the timing could be off due to time zones, he still could have left her a comment on 2/9/10 at 7:11 p.m.

Are you saying B Buzz that this post by JV wasn't on there before now? If so, that's really strange....

OK let me try again. The post is not gone. When I open the link it says 2:11PM. That would be central time. If you are in Washington the time will say 12:11PM. The 7:11PM time that was shown was Greenwich Mean Time. The post is there and has been there all along. JV could have left a post at 7:11PM, but he didn't.

What I attempted to post earlier was Not material from within any social networking site-or any site, it was the link information that came up as a search return that I copied without opening the link. . NO link was opened. I thought it was interesting because it(the search return) included a single line of dialogue from Joaquin to Mackenzie, along with the date 2/9 and time 7:11 pm
"JV, Feb 9 2010 7:11 PM hey babe I LOVE YOU and i miss you too" That's it. It is some sort of a weird web malfunction, no doubt. It was just strange, under the circumstances, to see Joaquin chatting with Mackenzie at 7 pm on the 9th of February. Of course, he couldn't have been.
That was the only interesting part. The search return did have all the other usual mumbo jumbo http://www.whatever along with the myspace M+J stuff I am very impressed with Joaquin and how he has handled himself through this tragedy. It must be because he had such a special angel watching over him.

You can comment on someone's myspace without them being on myspace at the same time as you because its not instant messaging or 'chat'.
its more like a message board.
So for JV to leave a message there Mackenzie wouldn't need to be logged on. Therefore they weren't necessarily 'chatting' on the 9th of Feb, for all we know she never logged on and saw that message before all this happened to her :(

A thought that has been on my mind for some time. Just now getting around to posting it.

The report is that Mackenzie was not sexually assaulted. I want to know how LE knows. I understand that you can tell if a girl who is very young has been assaulted because there will be visible damage. However, what if Mackenzie had already been sexually active? At 17 it's possible. I feel like there wouldn't be any visible damage to be seen if this had been the case.

Also what if the murder took place during or after the assault? Would LE still be able to tell whether one had taken place?

Or perhaps even Mac was sexually involved with this man and was voluntarily participating in an act. LE wouldn't be able to call this an assault at that point, I wouldn't think...

If posts like this are unallowed, feel free to delete. However, I just don't see how LE could positively determine something like this given the points I have suggested.

For LE to make the very strong statement that she was Not sexually assualted, I feel there wasn't anything found. Mackenzie was very happy and committed to her long-time BF. To me, that makes it highly unlikely she'd be having consensual sex with anyone else. A forensic pathologist like Dr. Fino uses a rape kit like any other doctor; I don't see why she wouldn't use onepostmortem;http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-rape-kit.htm

I know...silly me again. I saw a crime show the other night and the husband hit his wife on the head to kill her...then he dragged her body down the stairs to make it look like she had fallen down. well..the spatter marks sound like the ones at the salon.. and those where up in the kitchen where she had been struck....but the vast amount of blood was downstairs.....like at his appartment....CW's appartment. I just don't see how he could do all that moving and cleaning up without "someone seeing something." jmo.. that really disgusting "clown person" I forget his name just did his deed and buried his victims under his house...ug.. Gacey...and that other gross serial kept them in the freezer.Dommer?? I think he ate them. They didn't have to go out and get rid of anyone..they just kept them...Mr CW did alot of moving if we are to believe what little we are told....so..hum?????Someone must have seen something.....jmo

According to my family member who works where such equipment is rented, LE was in, last week, and looked at all records for carpet cleaner machine rentals

According to my family member who works where such equipment is rented, LE was in, last week, and looked at all records for carpet cleaner machine rentals

I used to rent them from the grocery store. I think someone would remember renting a machine to him. Interesting.....

Threads 20 and 21 have been merged. This is now Thread 20 (again). Please follow the rules in this post.

TOS violations will be recommended for TO's. No more warnings. We have been round and round about this - you guys know the rules, so follow them. If you have questions, send me or one of the other mods a pm and we will answer.

Please continue here.

REMEMBER:

1. No rumors
2. No sleuthing peripheral people. If you are going to post about a person - you MUST show a clear connection to the case. NO EXCEPTIONS!
2. No disparaging remarks about family or friends of Mackenzie
3. No bickering or baiting.
4. No violations of the TOS!

Thanks!

Salem

Thread 19

Links to articles regarding arrest: http://www.lakechelanmirror.com/main.asp?SectionID=9&SubSectionID=9&ArticleID=2997

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/06/task-force-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/

You can comment on someone's myspace without them being on myspace at the same time as you because its not instant messaging or 'chat'.
its more like a message board.
So for JV to leave a message there Mackenzie wouldn't need to be logged on. Therefore they weren't necessarily 'chatting' on the 9th of Feb, for all we know she never logged on and saw that message before all this happened to her :(

Yeah, if you view her profile, you can see the last comment on her page is from him at 11:11am on 2/9 (local time).

I'd make a *guess* that because there are no new comments since then, that they have to be approved before they show up - usually people leave their memories on their passed friend's page as a way to remember them but there aren't any of those on MC's myspace comments.

I wonder when new information will be released?

Maybe not until after a trial?

I know none of us have "Juris Doctorate" after our names, but, I was curious, when Mr. Wilson pled not guilty, he waived his right to a speedy trial-http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/20/wilson-pleads-not-guilty-to-cowells-murder/?online- was that because his defense thinks it needs that time to sort through all the prosecution's evidence and prepare the defense before the trial starts on March 8th?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back