Family Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's becoming increasingly apparent is that anything that Kaine states, which is contradicted by anyone else, is taken as the "right" position, or the "truth" of the matter.

Desiree states she wanted custody and Kaine said it wasn't happening. Kaine states that conversation never took place. These two things cannot exist together. Nor can it exist when Kaine further goes on to state that in August, Kyron himself asked about living with his mom and he told him no.

This is all very perplexing.

What I saw posted was that Kaine said that Desiree asked(just like she said) and he said he didn't approve(like she said). He said that there were no legal requests made meaning that Desiree never took the custody talk past talk. I'm not seeing a discrepancy nor people choosing to believe Kaine over Desiree.

I'd like to also take this opportunity to thank everyone for transcribing the conference. I couldn't view it live and this was a great help until I can watch the video!

So he didn't witness the alcohol stuff, just had people tell him things in the last month, and put it all together as he was filing the document.

:waitasec:

yeah that's weird. Just threw the alcohol affidavit in that answer upon a Eureka moment. I'm not sure how he can attest to Terri's abuse of alcohol in while caring for the children in an affidavit if he didn't actually know about it and witness it, rather others had to tell him that's what was happening and in hindsight, he knows that's what he was observing there on the couch.

(So ... perhaps she was drinking non-detectable vodka out of a water bottle or something? This actually happened to me once. I had no idea a person was drinking, I just thought they were experiencing a schizophrenic episode from what I was observing...)

Kaine says he's had to rely on other people bringing forward information in pieces so he can piece everything together because any information there is to have regarding Terri, (the master of deception and misdirection's) state of mind and actions she hid from him and her feelings of happiness in the marriage or unhappiness (as the case may be) were disclosed to others, and not him, and behind his back.

Kaine says he is the last to know about everything. He's just figuring it out now as we go through the investigation.

Well, that may be how he feels, but I'm afraid that, no, Kaine's not quite the last to know everything.

Desiree is.

I don't know now. I think I need to wait for the video and listen again. My impression right now is that all that info came from friends in the past month, and he sort of had a Eureka moment as he was doing his affidavit, and came to the conclusion then that Terri had abused alcohol, was passing out at night drunk, etc.

Very confusing.

I think we've discussed this quite a bit in the other thread on the alcohol abuse but I know several people who have experienced this within their marriage. They try to convince themselves it's "not that bad" or minimize their spouses addiction. It's only after they've gotten out of the marriage and maybe discover things later (like Kaine has) that you look back and say it WAS that bad. Things become much clearer in hindsight of course.

Peeps -- this thread will be closing soon. Please move your discussion to other existing threads or start new threads as needed.

didn't one of the portland news stations start reporting on sunday night that this presser would be happening this afternoon? (wow, that is a very structurally awkward sentence.) if so, i'd say that can rule this out as a "rebuttal" to desiree on the today show this morning.

I don't know now. I think I need to wait for the video and listen again. My impression right now is that all that info came from friends in the past month, and he sort of had a Eureka moment as he was doing his affidavit, and came to the conclusion then that Terri had abused alcohol, was passing out at night drunk, etc.

Very confusing.

my thought has always been that Terri blamed the behavior he witnessed on other things(my thoughts were PPD meds, but maybe sleeping pills?) and it wasn't until recently that he learned(along with LE) that she had actually been drinking all this time.

I feel sorry for Kaine and Desiree. Desiree is angry and she is directing it everywhere now. My heart breaks for her.

he was referring to kyron, baby k, and J (yes, we know J is not biologically Kaine's child but after living with him he surely felt a bond)

Actually, he talked about all K's siblings living in their house right now......weird.

yeah that's weird. Just threw the alcohol affidavit in that answer upon a Eureka moment. I'm not sure how he can attest to Terri's abuse of alcohol in while caring for the children in an affidavit if he didn't actually know about it and witness it, rather others had to tell him that's what was happening and in hindsight, he knows that's what he was observing there on the couch.

(So ... perhaps she was drinking non-detectable vodka out of a water bottle or something? This actually happened to me once. I had no idea a person was drinking, I just thought they were experiencing a schizophrenic episode from what I was observing...)

Kaine says he's had to rely on other people bringing forward information in pieces so he can piece everything together because any information there is to have regarding Terri, (the master of deception and misdirection's) state of mind and actions she hid from him and her feelings of happiness in the marriage or unhappiness (as the case may be) were disclosed to others, and not him, and behind his back.

Kaine says he is the last to know about everything. He's just figuring it out now as we go through the investigation.

Well, that may be how he feels, but I'm afraid that, no, Kaine's not quite the last to know everything.

Desiree is.

What really threw me is that he said in the past month and as he was filing the affidavit. I really need to listen again. It's hard to try to transcribe and focus on getting the words typed, and listen for meaning at the same time lol.

Luckily I was not also trying to chew gum at the same time. :)

my thought has always been that Terri blamed the behavior he witnessed on other things(my thoughts were PPD meds, but maybe sleeping pills?) and it wasn't until recently that he learned(along with LE) that she had actually been drinking all this time.

I feel sorry for Kaine and Desiree. Desiree is angry and she is directing it everywhere now. My heart breaks for her.

Well he was saying how she covered up and distracted while they were living together, and it's only in the past month or so as people came to him and told him things that he put it together into alcohol abuse, so yes, something along the lines of what you're saying is what I'm thinking too.

"We're dealing with someone who is a master of deception, misdirection, and she's bringing it forward in spades," Kaine said of Terri during a press conference at the boy's 'Wall of Hope'

Since the investigation started, he has heard directly from friends and family about conversations they had with Terri.

He realizes now, unfortunately not when they were together, that she was crafting an image of her relationship with him and children in their household that was untrue.

Kaine told reporters that a good example of Terri's deception was her alcoholism. She hid it from him well, he said.

"It's only the tip of the iceberg" of her flaws, she said.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-Horman-master-of-deception-108218104.html

So he didn't witness the alcohol stuff, just had people tell him things in the last month, and put it all together as he was filing the document.

:waitasec:

No, he could not be saying that. He described first hand experiences with her late-night drinking and her reactions to him trying to intervene on behalf of Baby K. That did not come from some neighbor peering in their window...that was a problem that existed that concerned her night-time drinking and how it then became a problem for Baby K....that Kaine was a party to.

Others have since come forward to tell him of more drinking escapades....that intensifies the situation. Sometimes you hear a toilet running and think you have a small problem...until you go down to the basement and see how big the mess really is.

Mods: Please move to an acceptable thread. Should this go in the drinking one? I'm not sure. Thank you.

I don't know where to post this, so I'm going to do it here. :)

Alrighty, after Kaine's presser, I guess some conclusions can be made. First off, Terri started "cycling" about 6 months before K was born? So, she was 3 mos pregnant. Hormones. Understandable. Then, there is the rest of the pregnancy. I think it is pretty safe to assume she wasn't drinking at that time. K was born in November. Terri probably breast fed some? Maybe?

Things were chaotic at home, per Kaine. Disagreements about discipline. Somewhere around here - Jan, February, March? - the drinking probably started (MOO). The MFH was 6 months or so prior to Kyron going missing. So, that places it around January?

February, J moves out. March, April, May and a few days in June, Terri is drinking surreptitiously. Kaine **kind of** knows things are off, but doesn't really blame it at first until friends and family come to him (after Kyron went missing??), and he puts the pieces together.

So that's 4 months of drinking, lying and doing whatever else. Does an alcoholic really "hit bottom" that quickly? Heck, she was still going to the gym, presumably working out and volunteering here and there at school.

Of course, it is important to note that most of the texting that was done between MC and Terri was done at or around midnight. So, it stands to reason that she stayed up later than Kaine and could drink or do whatever w/o him knowing.

At the press conference, Kaine said he had not watched the Today Show and was filled-in by reporters.

He acknowledged the boy's unhappiness about moving between the two homes. Kyron would be unhappy about it, but Kaine said he considered the child's behavior a normal part of separation anxiety.

He and Desiree spoked about the child's emotions but Kaine said it was not something he thought required a change in custody arrangements. At the end of the summer when Kyron returned to Medford for a weekend, he said he would rather stay in Portland, Kaine said.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-Terri-Horman-master-of-deception-108218104.html

The father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman says the relationship between his wife and son was strained prior to the boy’s disappearance.

In a news conference with Portland's media today, Kaine Horman said he had arguments with his wife about how he found her relationship with their children “unacceptable.”

He says he has been briefed on e-mails and phone calls Terri has had with other people and that they’ve contributed to his belief that his estranged wife is an alcoholic.

“We’re doing anything we can to discover, 'Who is this person we've been around?' It's not the person we thought it was. It's a completely different person living a separate life,” Kaine Horman said.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25797873/detail.html

"We're dealing with someone who is a master of deception, misdirection, and she's bringing it forward in spades," Kaine said of Terri during a press conference at the boy's 'Wall of Hope'

Since the investigation started, he has heard directly from friends and family about conversations they had with Terri.

He realizes now, unfortunately not when they were together, that she was crafting an image of her relationship with him and children in their household that was untrue.

Kaine told reporters that a good example of Terri's deception was her alcoholism. She hid it from him well, he said.

"It's only the tip of the iceberg" of her flaws, she said.

Facebook Terri...the Ideal MOM...sending off vicious hateful emails about a small child who loved her...sexting with a new guy while that child is missing...and doing something "similar" with the guy hired to do landscaping. ("Okay, I love you" to Kaine)

Yup, that Facebook Terri was a Fraud and quite adept at deception and living a lie.

"Look at every scenario that has him alive still today. Look at those scenarios and have your child witness another child have to go through that right in front of their face. It's horrific. I don't care how you describe it. So yeah, I think he's alive. I think it was an awful day. I sure hope that K**** didn't witness what happened that day, but I'm pretty confident she was there based on what we know. And that's a horrific thing for a child to have to witness."

If LE is prepping the parents by releasing those emails to them, to gear them up for the realization that Kyron is dead, what on earth could Kaine mean by this statement?

I admit to being about as confused as a person can get. But I've read this over and over in the past few hours and .... well.

"Look at every scenario that has him alive still today. Look at those scenarios and have your child witness another child have to go through that right in front of their face. It's horrific. I don't care how you describe it. So yeah, I think he's alive. I think it was an awful day. I sure hope that K**** didn't witness what happened that day, but I'm pretty confident she was there based on what we know. And that's a horrific thing for a child to have to witness."

If LE is prepping the parents by releasing those emails to them, to gear them up for the realization that Kyron is dead, what on earth could Kaine mean by this statement?

I admit to being about as confused as a person can get. But I've read this over and over in the past few hours and .... well.

I don't see this as a message to the parents. Maybe it is, but I just see it as more pressure on Terri. How hard must it be for her to see and hear all this (assuming she is), and not (whether innocent or guilty) respond?

JMHO.

I don't see this as a message to the parents. Maybe it is, but I just see it as more pressure on Terri. How hard must it be for her to see and hear all this (assuming she is), and not (whether innocent or guilty) respond?

JMHO.

Oh, now I'm more confused. This was Kaine speaking, not a message from someone TO them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu