GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still curious about another name that went flying around the web as the accused's name was the night of the arrest....will be interesting to see if that second name has anything whatsoever to do with this case...

The massive banner that was on the front page of the AdelaideNow website saying that the funeral was on today and they would have live coverage is now gone. What crime, did someone see a crime, no nothing to see here. Although I have to say I did find it a little odd that they would have live coverage of a funeral. Will keep a bit of an eye out in case it pops back up.

I agree Mrs G. Watching the coverage on TV you would think the family had died in some freaky and tragic accident, not that they had been brutally murdered.

Tis very strange.

How do you know this is why they took things from the shrine? Do you have a link to back this up?

They definately took things from the shrine. To say that the police are doing random things, like taking stuff from the shrine when it is not part of the investigation could happen. But I think it's reasonable to guess that what the police are doing in kapunda is part of the investigation, not just random. They are most certainly investigating a crime and trying to catch the killer.

They definately took things from the shrine. To say that the police are doing random things, like taking stuff from the shrine when it is not part of the investigation could happen. But I think it's reasonable to guess that what the police are doing in kapunda is part of the investigation, not just random. They are most certainly investigating a crime and trying to catch the killer.

I was just wondering that's all, she said it with so much conviction of truth I thought she may have has some kind of info to back up what she was saying of why they took things from the shrine, I wasn't disputing they took things from the shrine! I just don't remember reading or hearing anything to why this was done, I thought I may have missed something is all, but I guess not because she didn't answer back

The unfortunate thing is that many appear sane until the event happens and many also appear no different after the deed. How many times have we heard people say they would never have suspected that person they were always so quiet, friendly and well mannered.

Many mental conditions only become apparent at the age of 18 also. Yes some show signs before hand but not all.

I'm inclined to agree that mental problems could play a part in this, local people were and still are shocked and in disbelief that this boy is involved. As you say many start to show at age 18.

There are always those who will believe he was innocent, ppl love a conspiracy. I hope that this does not cause more problems in the town.

Hello All. New here and tried to read everything but I'm sure I've missed a few points. Forgive me if this has already been covered.
The suppression order confuses me somewhat and has got me thinking. Also the cut (s) on the arm (s) is confusing if they do indeed exist.
My thought (and just a thought) is that the case has a suppression order because there is another accused who is under 18. Would the police be obligated to announce that they have a minor in custody?
I'm not sure how somebody gets cuts on both arms. I've used a knife quite a bit (I grew up on a farm) and I can't remember cutting my arms. Sure, I cut my finger a few times and even cut my leg once but never my arms. If the cuts were on both arms, how do you cut your self on the arm which is holding the knife? There are suggestions that the accused was in a frenzy and this could explain this a bit perhaps but they would be have to be totally out of control.
What if there was another person there who had a knife? The father? A minor?

Hi Clive - nice to get your input.

Thanks for pointing that out about the claim that he had cuts on BOTH his arms.

I have questioned how that could be possible too.

I was just wondering that's all, she said it with so much conviction of truth I thought she may have has some kind of info to back up what she was saying of why they took things from the shrine, I wasn't disputing they took things from the shrine! I just don't remember reading or hearing anything to why this was done, I thought I may have missed something is all, but I guess not because she didn't answer back

Lol i supposed you can protest, but we are not in court right now, we are just ordinary ppl discussing motives and such. It's ridiculous to expect any of us to know exactly what has happened.

Lol i supposed you can protest, but we are not in court right now, we are just ordinary ppl discussing motives and such. It's ridiculous to expect any of us to know exactly what has happened.

Again you missed my point, I will try to be more clear. I thought I had missed an article that had what she stated in there and was asking for direction to find it, I was not protesting. I hope I was more clear that time :)

Hi Clive - nice to get your input.

Thanks for pointing that out about the claim that he had cuts on BOTH his arms.

I have questioned how that could be possible too.

The victims, depending on the room they were in could have grabbed anything around to defend themselves, lamps, glasses, bottles

If you are in a room look around and see what is there. What would you grab to defend yourself with. What damage would it do to someone who was attacking you with their arms.

In fact this is where the police may have also found the accused DNA, on items the family used to defend themselves with. How damming would that be? The police did say the family fought off their attacker in a frenzied attack and that the killer likely had injuries.

That's it !!!

And I don't really know for sure....but I think If I had stabbed to death 3 people that I supposedly loved ....I think I would rather die than spend the rest of my natural life behind bars. If it was me I think I would've taken my own life aswell.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad the accused didn't because that would only add to the tradgedy. Just MOO

Yes, I would expect a post-event suicide.

Hey you guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread, I've been lurking here since the incident happened really and didn't really feel interlligent enough to join your sleuthing but I hav to say I am impressed and riveted by the conversation on here. The only reason I find myself here is that basically my godchildren both live in Kapunda ( I am from the UK and havent seen them sinc they were like, 5 & 6) and I keep in touch on Facebook, when I started seeing these posts about their friend dying I was intruiged but didn't want to ask them too much as they were REALLY upset and grieving as they were both very close to the victim, and I donlt know them that well, and as a result I started to kinda snoop on their status comments thereby seeing other kids who were all posting on the same thing to try and work out what was going on here as it was all quite cryptic and emotional. This led to me to he RIP pages etc etc and people who commented on them with open profiles leading me to become really kinda interested as there was so much speculation. I basically looked up every news story. looked at everyones FB comments related to Kapunda and then when the kids started to reveal the accused's name I looked him up too and of course this leads to all sorts of things, including here! Aussie Criminals site (robbo) is great also. I don't know why but I am absolutely overcome with greed for information on this case, I don't know why, it is like a really great movie playing out in real time - except, regrettably, it is real life. I have seen a lot of posts/articles etc that have now been taken down and, like you guys, I really don;t understand all the secrecy and media blanket over the whoe thing. It really doesn't seem as simple as it makes out. Anyway, sorry for the long post, just introducing myself, to the Mods, I am well aware of the rules etc so no worries there. I just find myself coming to this thread whenever I get a spare minute and though it was about time I stopped lurking. So hi, and good work people. Nice to find a mature and respectful board where there is no worry about offending people.

By the way, here in the UK and the Scottish Press, the matter has been reported on without regard for the supression order, the accused was named immediately and even his family and former addresses, schools, etc, even his Uncle gave a 2quote to hte press and it gave the first name of his Mother Seems our media is not abiding by any SA laws.........do they have to?

I agree when you say "It really doesn't seem as simple as it makes out." That is why it is generating so much interest I think.

The victims, depending on the room they were in could have grabbed anything around to defend themselves, lamps, glasses, bottles

If you are in a room look around and see what is there. What would you grab to defend yourself with. What damage would it do to someone who was attacking you with their arms.

In fact this is where the police may have also found the accused DNA, on items the family used to defend themselves with. How damming would that be? The police did say the family fought off their attacker in a frenzied attack and that the killer likely had injuries.

That's a good point.

I suppose I have a scene in my mind, based on the physical size of the accused (weedy) where he must have attacked and killed them very quickly, if he did it.

If they had the opportunity to grab things to fight back with, while also getting defensive wounds, it would have been a protracted battle and I would expect much more yelling and screaming than was reported.

Good point singers. Also a high chance of finding strands of the killers hair within the blood etc..

Hi guys been biding my time in the hope my source came through. Someone i know knows is associated withan adelaide crime scene journo and finally he got me the goods so to speak. The Journo was at the crime scene.... Just let me say what occured is beyond comprehension, i am well off the fence I dont know what to post and what not to....
What we have heard pales by what happened. ARGH those poor poor people may they rest peacefully

ps need some guidance as to what to say and what not to would hate to give the accused an out

I keep going back to the initial reports and wondering what it was about the crime scene that made them unsure if it was murder.

This is from http://www.news.com.au/national/sur...of-triple-murder/story-e6frfkvr-1225951635542

Police defend delays

Det-Supt Moyle, yesterday said the "complex and involved crime scene" prevented police from confirming the triple murder almost 24 hours after the bodies were discovered.

"I became confident it was a triple murder only after I had a discussion with the pathologist late on Tuesday morning ... there were three deceased in the house," Det-Supt Moyle said. "This was not a crime scene that was easily identified as to what may have happened in the house."

But based on singers idea that they fought back and defended themselves with whatever weapons came to hand, them maybe the scene looked like a battle.

Maybe initially the police thought they may have been fighting each other.

If one or more of them had managed to get hold of a knife, then it may have looked, not exactly like a murder-suicide, but like they killed each other.

Hi guys been biding my time in the hope my source came through. Someone i know knows is associated withan adelaide crime scene journo and finally he got me the goods so to speak. The Journo was at the crime scene.... Just let me say what occured is beyond comprehension, i am well off the fence I dont know what to post and what not to....
What we have heard pales by what happened. ARGH those poor poor people may they rest peacefully

Hi aimeli, I think as long as you post the information as a RUMOUR then it would be fine.. also not using the alleged's name.

That's a good point.

I suppose I have a scene in my mind, based on the physical size of the accused (weedy) where he must have attacked and killed them very quickly, if he did it.

If they had the opportunity to grab things to fight back with, while also getting defensive wounds, it would have been a protracted battle and I would expect much more yelling and screaming than was reported.

I don't know how many knife wounds it would take to kill a person, I guess it all comes down to the knife (size sharpness etc) could you kill someone in one or two stabs? I guess if you hit the right place?
If he did hit a critical spot, how long until death?

Ugh.. What a terrible crime. :(

Welcome Aimeli - I would certainly like to know what you have found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa