FL FL - Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez, 34, Tampa, 15 Dec 2010

I'm casting my lot with mysticrose. I don't believe that this was random.

* If he was attacked in the driveway as he exited his car, wouldn't the groceries be scattered, not neatly sitting in the bag?

* No mention of the Chinease food takeout boxes...did he pick up the food or not?

* This happened early in the evening...people were out and about, yet no one heard a scuffle or tires screeching, yelling...nothing!

* The suspicious dude was either stupid or he wanted to be noticed acting suspicious...no shirt, tatts showing everywhere, hiding in ditches and running toward the house? puh-leeze!

Something stinks. I think it could be the wife or the husband. Did he skip out, or get involved in something illegal? Is she hiding something? Is the baby a problem for some reason? Did either one of them have a secret?

All of this is just my speculation, and I'm sorry to sound so bleak, but it just looks staged to me. We'll see!

I'm casting my lot with mysticrose. I don't believe that this was random.

* If he was attacked in the driveway as he exited his car, wouldn't the groceries be scattered, not neatly sitting in the bag?

* No mention of the Chinease food takeout boxes...did he pick up the food or not?

* This happened early in the evening...people were out and about, yet no one heard a scuffle or tires screeching, yelling...nothing!

* The suspicious dude was either stupid or he wanted to be noticed acting suspicious...no shirt, tatts showing everywhere, hiding in ditches and running toward the house? puh-leeze!

Something stinks. I think it could be the wife or the husband. Did he skip out, or get involved in something illegal? Is she hiding something? Is the baby a problem for some reason? Did either one of them have a secret?

All of this is just my speculation, and I'm sorry to sound so bleak, but it just looks staged to me. We'll see!

I agree, something just doesn't seem right...

Regarding the Chinese food:
snipped:
Kacee Martinez found a Sweetbay shopping bag with root beer, guava pastry and a receipt in the driveway, Urso said

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/de...n-search-for-missing-tampa-man/news-breaking/

I read in an earlier MSM article that the wife went that night to the Chinese restaurant to search for him but I cannot find that article now.

I wondered too about the groceries neatly sitting. But if he were held at gunpoint or something and told "slowly put down the bag and get in your car...." perhaps that is why they were still intact? I don't know. I hope he is okay and found safe soon.

The following article references the Chinese food (article is in Spanish):

http://www.wventv.com/noticia/2010/12/20/221536-continua-busqueda-emilio-martinez.html

"fue reportado desaparecido el pasado miercoles, cuando salio a comprarle comida china a u esposa Kaycee Martnez quien esta en su tercer mes de embarazo"

"was reported missing last Wednesday, when he left to buy Chinese food for his wife Kaycee Martinez who is in her third month of pregnancy"

Wonder if anyone saw him at a Chinese restaurant? Maybe the take out was still in the car, and he'd only gotten out with the bag of groceries when he was confronted? Or perhaps he just went for something quick (the pastry) first?

I am certainly no expert when it comes to cars (or anything mechanical), but I do have an ear for names... and something jumped out at me when I first read this... so I decided to sleuth it...

There is no such thing as a "Toyota Buccaneer". If you google it, those words only come up together in terms of the search for this man. ....

SNIP myself:

OK- So, it figures that I would do all this sleuthing and then find this:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/de...n-search-for-missing-tampa-man/news-breaking/

In the article it says:
Also missing is his 2007 gray Toyota Camry with a Tampa Bay Buccaneers license plate.

Ok, so we are looking for a CAR... (Am I the only one who missed this? *SIGH*)

:banghead:

On my local news at 5:00 PM EST they just announced that the Tampa Police found a body, of which, they believe it to be Emilio. The body will be sent to the medical examiner to determine the identity of the body. :(

Police believe they've found body of missing Tampa man

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...heyve-found-body-of-missing-tampa-man/1141688

noooooooooooo - this is so saaad....just to think about him kissing his wife on the head & going out to get her food she was craving...... :cry:

Prayers for his family & his unborn child. :cry:

A little over 8 miles from his home. This is so sad.

After looking it up on Google Maps, I'm wondering where the car was parked. It seems like an odd place for a car to sit for a week, unless it was off the road. Now that I think about it, nothing really surprises me anymore.

I hope we hear more information soon.

body_155565c.jpg

The scene near Orient Road and Sligh Avenue where a body was found this afternoon

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

At around 1:30 p.m., workers on the vacant lot discovered a car and body that matched the description publicized by police.

Police spokeswoman Andrea Davis said the death appears to be a homicide, but would not disclose the manner.

Martinez-Rodriguez's family was notified of the discovery.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...heyve-found-body-of-missing-tampa-man/1141688

This is just odd that his car and body are found in the same area. If this was just a random carjacking why leave them together ? Why the need to kill him ?

My prayers go out to his family, I can't even imagine their pain right now :(

Oh nooooo.. So heartbreaking! I've been watching google news every day but there'd been absolutely new information coming out. Was so afraid that this is how it would end.

I did happen across a piece from the local Fox affiliate that filled in a few more details about that evening, and some things we'd wondered about on this thread. Apparently it was verified through bank receipts etc that he did make it to both the Chinese place and the grocery, and that the text message from the neighbor about the suspicious person was in response to a call from Emilio's wife, who had called the neighbor to ask if he'd seen anything, as there'd been dogs barking, and she was already wondering where her husband was.

Full article is at http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/ne...ife's-desperate-search-for-her-husband-121610

I glanced through the Tampa police logs for their area, and there does seem to have been quite a few calls recently regarding suspicious persons in the area. It seems strange, as going by google maps street view, their home appears to be on a quiet looking residential street.

My prayers for him and his family, especially his wife and their child. Such a lovely couple who, from their pictures, looked to be much in love with each other. A terrible loss. :(

such a sad outcome, especiallly a few days before Christmas. What is this world coming to when you cant even bring in takeout in your own driveway without it being dangerous. Prayers for the family and especially his poor wife during this difficult time.

my 2 cents
1.This is a male in a high crime area
2.Why car jack him in his own drive way?
3.Its not like his car was a Lexus
4.It seems they weren't after the car, but they were after him?
5.Why?
6.If they found his car and his murdered body together.
7.Why?
8. If the Chinese food was found outside of the car, that would mean he was outside of the car as well. IMO he was ordered back in to the car and met his demise.
9.Why?
To me it doesn't seem random
IMO

What a tragedy. I don't understand it ; looking at his photo, he doesn't look like the kind of guy a random thief or jacker would approach.He wasn't a small person. Right at Christmas ? Just unbelievable....

Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez body likely found, says Tampa Police

Snipped>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Emilio Martinez (Rodriguez), 34, vanished on Dec. 15 after leaving his home to get dinner for his pregnant wife. Martinez was last seen on a neighbor's security video as his car approached his house.

He didn't make it to his front door and his car was also missing before workers making rounds at the Islamic Center of Tampa Bay found it Thursday afternoon. They say the interior of the car was bleached and a body was lying face-down "40 or 50 feet away

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=164193&catid=8

Emilio Martinez-Rodriguez body likely found, says Tampa Police

Snipped>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Emilio Martinez (Rodriguez), 34, vanished on Dec. 15 after leaving his home to get dinner for his pregnant wife. Martinez was last seen on a neighbor's security video as his car approached his house.

He didn't make it to his front door and his car was also missing before workers making rounds at the Islamic Center of Tampa Bay found it Thursday afternoon. They say the interior of the car was bleached and a body was lying face-down "40 or 50 feet away

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=164193&catid=8

Bleached? He was outside of the car, too? Ugh, what happened? This is so awful. I wish we had more coverage and more answers. This is so sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back