WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Amysmom- that location is at the little park at the far end of the Fred Meyer parking lot in East Wenatchee. Not anywhere near CB.

Please remember - WE don't name innocent folks that have not been named by the media or LE.

Thanks,

Salem

WENATCHEE WORLD 12/23/10 — The woman police suspect of impeding their probe into the murder of Mackenzie Cowell stands charged with a similar offense in Grant County — in an unrelated case.

Confusing article to me because In different places it says Both that Schuyleman "stands charged" and that Grant County is "seeking charges"

I wonder why they would let Grant Co. have her first since the offenses there are misdemeanors?

I wonder why they would let Grant Co. have her first since the offenses there are misdemeanors?
I think One of the Grant County charges is a felony.
from WW".................... They’re seeking charges against Schuyleman of first-degree rendering criminal assistance, a felony; and obstructing a public officer, a misdemeanor."
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/dec/23/coverup-suspect-charged-but-not-in-cowell-case/?onli
That's the only reason I can think of that Grant gets to go first. I did think Chelan would be taking action soon until this happened. I think this is one bad girl.

Maybe by being charged in Grant County and the charges piling up she might be more willing to stop lying and come clean about what happened to MacKenzie.

Great observation, Ziggy! I mean, She's 22, What does her friendship
with Christopher Scott Wilson mean Now? LE has them both in a great spot where they can sit and wonder if the other is spilling the beans.

Why hasn't Grant County ever processed their charges? Not just now, but prior to the Chelan County charges being filed. For perspective for the folks that are not from the area, Chelan and Douglas counties are what I would call "sister counties", overlaping in many ways (FYI, for recap: Chelan Co. is where M.C's car was found, Douglas Co is the county her body was located in at C. Bar). Grant and Douglas county are right next to each other. Not like these folks don't communicate with each other... It would appear that Grant County wasn't that interested in pursuing her, but now that she is involved in a high profile case you would think that would change - however, no news that Grant has made any moves. Also, no news that Chelan Co. had made any formal charges against her.
A question I have had that I have not been able to answer for myself is how Chris and Tessa know each other. Their age difference would not make them school classmates. Any one know?

Wenatchee World— Tessa Schuyleman shielded her fugitive boyfriend while he was sought by Washington corrections officers, hiding him in an outbuilding at her father’s Moses Lake home, a court affidavit claims.

Schuyleman, 22, is suspected by Wenatchee-area police of helping to cover up the February murder of Mackenzie Cowell, 17

Seems to me they are taking their time, building their case against her, letting her sweat it out. I think Grant County will bring formal charges; then she'll be charged in MacKenzie's case and when things start looking really bad for her doing time, she'll be more willing to cut a deal and talk and testify against Wilson. I think they need her testimony against him to seal the deal. I think they are communicating and coordinating. She's dangling in the breeze right now - I'm not sure that is a very good strategy considering she could harm herself and all would be lost. I guess we'll see.

“A small amount of a substance that tested presumptive for blood was found on the rear passenger seat” of Schuyleman’s car when it was searched.."

Yup, this doesn't surprise me. If this IS blood, and it IS MC's blood, she'll sing like a bird.

“A small amount of a substance that tested presumptive for blood was found on the rear passenger seat” of Schuyleman’s car when it was searched.."

Yup, this doesn't surprise me. If this IS blood, and it IS MC's blood, she'll sing like a bird.
Where did you read that? That's the first I have heard of that!

Seems to me they are taking their time, building their case against her, letting her sweat it out. I think Grant County will bring formal charges; then she'll be charged in MacKenzie's case and when things start looking really bad for her doing time, she'll be more willing to cut a deal and talk and testify against Wilson. I think they need her testimony against him to seal the deal. I think they are communicating and coordinating. She's dangling in the breeze right now - I'm not sure that is a very good strategy considering she could harm herself and all would be lost. I guess we'll see.

Do you think that they'll use this case first to get a higher charge against her in the MC case? Like a repeat offender? I know the word I'm searching for but my mind is going blank! :banghead:

I read the article again. I interpret that they are going to let the Grant County charges play out - she goes to court etc. Then she's got priors. That may affect sentencing in her charges related to MacKenzie, when they are brought and I bet they will be.

If I understand the article right, they have up to three years to charge her in the MC case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back