Kyron Horman, Replica of clothing, shoes & glasses

I don't mean to be argumentative, but don't you think it's a tad bit of a stretch to think that a Perp would kidnap and possibly kill a child, strip him of his clothing, have a warm thought and want to donate his clothing, for some other unfortunate child. I really don't think that LE would of even thought of looking for Kyrons clothing at a donation center.

If the perpetrator donated Kyron's clothing, I doubt it had anything to do with charitable thoughts. It had everything to do with finding a way of disposing of incriminating evidence in such a way that it would be unlikely to be found or traced back to Kyron.

If the perpetrator donated Kyron's clothing, I doubt it had anything to do with charitable thoughts. It had everything to do with finding a way of disposing of incriminating evidence in such a way that it would be unlikely to be found or traced back to Kyron.

Exactly my line of thinking! If the perp was a 'crime' fan (CIS, Law and Order, True crime stuff-ect) my guessing would be that they would know that the land fills and trashcans would be searched---ever see a CIS that had the detective at a thrift store looking for clothing the victim may have worn?

ETA: And, the Thrift store would be a place she would have a reason to be, or even at a gas station---yeah I had to drop off some stuff that Baby K had outgrown (we know how she likes to use Baby K as an excuse).

Plus, if it wasn't Terri ( know big IF) but work with me here. If it was a crime of opportunity the first thing you do is change the kid's appearance right? Can't just toss out clothes in one neat bundle...so what do you do?

That is what I can't get over we have a picture of him in the last outfit he was seen it, almost a 'notorious' outfit. How do you get rid of a complete outfit without getting caught? My guess is that LE was all over the landfill as far as trash from the school, ect. BUT if the clothing was separated from each other (ie shoes from pants, pants from shirt, yada yada) where could they end up that they wouldn't have been found for this long-NOT even a dang sock. I was thinking along the lines of a burn barrell- but how could that of happened without anyone noticing? Thrift stores is one option (besides many others).

I don't mean to be argumentative, but don't you think it's a tad bit of a stretch to think that a Perp would kidnap and possibly kill a child, strip him of his clothing, have a warm thought and want to donate his clothing, for some other unfortunate child. I really don't think that LE would of even thought of looking for Kyrons clothing at a donation center.

BBM: that's the point. NOT charity, but that LE wouldn't look there...

Exactly my line of thinking! If the perp was a 'crime' fan (CIS, Law and Order, True crime stuff-ect) my guessing would be that they would know that the land fills and trashcans would be searched---ever see a CIS that had the detective at a thrift store looking for clothing the victim may have worn?

ETA: And, the Thrift store would be a place she would have a reason to be, or even at a gas station---yeah I had to drop off some stuff that Baby K had outgrown (we know how she likes to use Baby K as an excuse).

Plus, if it wasn't Terri ( know big IF) but work with me here. If it was a crime of opportunity the first thing you do is change the kid's appearance right? Can't just toss out clothes in one neat bundle...so what do you do?

That is what I can't get over we have a picture of him in the last outfit he was seen it, almost a 'notorious' outfit. How do you get rid of a complete outfit without getting caught? My guess is that LE was all over the landfill as far as trash from the school, ect. BUT if the clothing was separated from each other (ie shoes from pants, pants from shirt, yada yada) where could they end up that they wouldn't have been found for this long-NOT even a dang sock. I was thinking along the lines of a burn barrell- but how could that of happened without anyone noticing? Thrift stores is one option (besides many others).

There was a news story somewhat similar a few weeks ago:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/12/16/20101216arizona-baby-dead-in-box-abrk.html

An infant with umbilical cord still attached was found in a box of donated clothing taken to a sorting facility in Texas. LE has narrowed down the city it came from: Phoenix.

Unfortunately, the company that picks up donations in Phoenix services over 400 drop off points and cannot identify the location or even the region within the city that the baby was left in.

I imagine that unless the DNA of one of the parents is on file, it will be impossible for LE to figure out what happened.

I don't know how many people know the system that major charities/thrifts use for donated clothing. I know about it because I used to live in a city where the sorting depot was a major entry-level employer, willing to hire people even fast food outlets wouldn't hire (I had a social services job).

In my state, it's actually safer to drop something off for a charity if you want to get rid of something with minimum chances of it being traced back. There are laws that make it illegal for people to go through drop off points to help themselves to stuff that has been donated there but it's not illegal to dumpster dive or pick through trash.

Plus, many trash disposal bins for commercial sites are within line of sight of the store's CCTV system, if they have one (burglars being more likely to break in from the more hidden back than the more exposed front of the building).

Either Kyron was taken in those cloths or they did a quick change and the cloths got taken with him, like in a bag or they dumped them. I heard somewhere that LE was looking for a duffel bag, I wondered if they thought his cloths were put in a gym bag and tossed in the water. But nothing has been found. His cloths could have been tossed out at a later time, because so many hours went by before the 911 call. If the person took him let's say in a van from the school, they could have been miles away, stopped and did the quick change of cloths and left the old ones in a trash can at a rest stop. Who would find them? Who would look?

I still think LE should show the clothing samples again...to remind people what he was wearing in case anyone should stumble upon bits of clothing in their travels, whether hiking or skiing or hunting, etc...of course we all remember, but according to Kaine, some people in Portland don't even know that Kyron is still missing, and of course we know that national coverage has been very minimal in recent months.

I think it would be highly likely that clothing would be found in a donation bin. Evidence (with DNA and hair included, unless they took the time to launder it carefully) sitting right there essentially guaranteed to be looked upon and evaluated in the very near future... Sounds like a good place to put it if you wanted it to be found. Especially as the goal of the donation receptacle is to eventually hand the clothes to a parent of a child of similar age to Kyron - a group MOST likely to be aware of the Kyron abduction story and associated CSI shirt.

Either Kyron was taken in those cloths or they did a quick change and the cloths got taken with him, like in a bag or they dumped them. I heard somewhere that LE was looking for a duffel bag, I wondered if they thought his cloths were put in a gym bag and tossed in the water. But nothing has been found. His cloths could have been tossed out at a later time, because so many hours went by before the 911 call. If the person took him let's say in a van from the school, they could have been miles away, stopped and did the quick change of cloths and left the old ones in a trash can at a rest stop. Who would find them? Who would look?

Well, in part because I am a true crime afficionada, I would be really paranoid about putting anything into a trash can. I've read far too many cases where evidence was found by someone picking through trash.

If I didn't have a safe place (meaning safe from detection) to burn the clothes, I'd put it one piece at a time into the stream of donations for charities. Far fewer people pick through the donation sites than pick through dumpsters or trash cans and the donated clothing is usually added to a huge stream of donated items from many different places that go to a sorting facility.

So far as evidence is concerned, disposing of a piece of clothing via charity drop is the equivalent of putting a document through a crosscut paper shredder and having it go to the paper recycling depot. It's there but who is going to find it?

Well, in part because I am a true crime afficionada, I would be really paranoid about putting anything into a trash can. I've read far too many cases where evidence was found by someone picking through trash.

If I didn't have a safe place (meaning safe from detection) to burn the clothes, I'd put it one piece at a time into the stream of donations for charities. Far fewer people pick through the donation sites than pick through dumpsters or trash cans and the donated clothing is usually added to a huge stream of donated items from many different places that go to a sorting facility.

So far as evidence is concerned, disposing of a piece of clothing via charity drop is the equivalent of putting a document through a crosscut paper shredder and having it go to the paper recycling depot. It's there but who is going to find it?

Anyone with a child the same size as Kyron. Parents. Charity workers. Probably LE.

Personally, I think it is a huge stretch to think any of his clothing was donated to charity.

If he is dead, he was dumped/buried/thrown in the water with his clothes on.
If he is alive, his things could have been put in a kitchen garbage bag with all the kitchen trash and put in the garbage can. I don't think the garbage men are going through plastic garbage bags looking for little boy's clothing. If he is still alive, he is probably with a stranger and nobody would be looking through that trash for Kyron's clothes.

I think LE should show them again, in case hikers, etc. see scraps of black clothing in the woods, on their land, etc...

I think LE should show them again, in case hikers, etc. see scraps of black clothing in the woods, on their land, etc...
I agree.LE should show them again.They can also be in someones house or possesion somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back