TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing "hinky" with the 2 attnys - it's a state mandate...and court appointed. Good thing is...according to the statute, they're apparently seeking the DP..as we all assumed they would!

<<snipped>>

(e) The presiding judge of the district court in which a
capital felony case is filed shall appoint two attorneys, at least
one of whom must be qualified under this chapter, to represent an
indigent defendant as soon as practicable after charges are filed,
unless the state gives notice in writing that the state will not
seek the death penalty.

http://law.onecle.com/texas/criminal-procedure/26.052.00.html

Thanks!! Suspected that may be the reason, but hadn't had time to search to confirm...sneaking in peaks and searches during breaks and lunch.

IMO, I believe that this is correct. I believe that someone close to JF owed a drug debt, and MN was the henchman. I also believe that names were mentioned in the phone call purposefully.

Does not explain the over the top brutality though, IMO.
:twocents:

That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Drug hits usually happen right in the home of the victims they kill.

I have never heard of a drug hit where they coaxed a young child away from their home then took them to their own home to brutally murder them there.

IMO

If the carpet had caught fire months ago, then I am sure that she has had at least a few people in the home since that time, why would she not of mentioned it on her previous explantions of her being drunk, taking a plastic container etc. It seems she is thinking up the best possible excuse she can think of at the time.

Carpet on fire months ago.. if it was no fault of the apartment then why would they fix it? A carpet fire how odd, in all my years of having a home my carpet has never caught fire.. but then again I dont use welding equiptment to do what she did to this child.

May God Bless JF family.
May God see that justice is given to the guilty person.

It will be interesting to see if any of the witnesses who saw Mona that day thought she was in a drunken stupor.

interesting witness statement i havent read before. Witness RN, towards bottom of article. i removed the (witness) name from post

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

(witness) said he worked with Nelson and spent time with her on Friday. He said he didn't suspect anything.
"That Friday she was parked right here. We sat here and she left from here," he said. "I haven't seen her since that day."

I have nothing to back it up, it's just a gut feeling, but I don't think this was a drug debt. I don't think MN is a serial killer and I don't think this was a sexually motivated crime.

I do think that possibly something wasn't going the way MN wanted it to at the "cottage". I think she was feeling slighted or something. Possibly wasn't getting to hang out there like before because her friend was busy babysitting or Jonathan said something that made her mad. I think that if we actually knew how ridiculous and petty the reason was that we would all be astounded.

Just my thoughts at the moment, subject to change if any new info is released.

Friendly reminder:

Don't forget to add the new links to the Media thread for safe keeping. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123690"]TX - Jonathan Foster 12, Found Deceased Media Links - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I really wish people would stay out of the news speculating on what this case is.

Ouannel X has no idea if this was a drug debt. I am positive that the Houston police do not share their evidence with him.

It is like he is trying to diminish the brutal murder of a little innocent boy.

I don't believe his spiel either that there will be further arrests.

Seems his goal is to deflect the evidence away from Mona Nelson.

imo

I think that is exactly his goal -- to deflect and excuse.

Quanell X said he became involved in the case at Nelson's request. He said Nelson told him the seemingly incriminating burned carpet at her residence had caught fire months ago. "She had called on her landlord to fix it," he said.

What a stupid excuse -- like they couldn't check that one out. How is it no one even knew she was living in this place? Where/who is the landord?

As for her mental state -- don't care. How dare they present her as some kind of victim. The idea she discarded this child's burned body and returned to the home to check out the action is vile enough, and Quanell acts like this is just some horrible misunderstanding. She thinks she can spin this and Quanell will give her cover. Sick, sick, sick.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7363690.html

Quanell X said he became involved in the case at MN's request. He said MN told him the seemingly incriminating burned carpet at her residence had caught fire months ago. "She had called on her landlord to fix it," he said.

BBM

Scary to think what she was burning "months ago". Hopefully, the landlord could answer the next obvious questions. Did she really tell him about the burned carpet and ask him to fix it "months ago".

Would foresensics experts be able to tell if a carpet had burned fours days ago as opposed to four months ago?

For the love of Pete. :rolleyes:
Not rolling at you but this story is totally ludicrous.

Burned carpet my behind from months ago.
Just like the $20 bill she received for dumping a plastic container.
I may throw up.

And yes I am sure any CSI team worth its salt would be able to determine when the carpet was burned.

JMHO

Interesting statement by the DA:

Harris County Assistant District Attorney Connie Spence says she's not sure if there will any more arrests in the case. Spence says her next step is to take Nelson before a grand jury to get an indictment.

The other day LE said: "she acted alone."

from the same article you quote:
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/110103-woman-accused-in-childs-murder-back-in-court

Prosecutors reinforced a position made by homicide detectives: they believe Nelson acted alone.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7363690.html

Quanell X said he became involved in the case at MN's request. He said MN told him the seemingly incriminating burned carpet at her residence had caught fire months ago. "She had called on her landlord to fix it," he said.

BBM

Scary to think what she was burning "months ago". Hopefully, the landlord could answer the next obvious questions. Did she really tell him about the burned carpet and ask him to fix it "months ago".

Would foresensics experts be able to tell if a carpet had burned fours days ago as opposed to four months ago?

I wonder what her landlord thinks of that statement ?

Quanell X: Woman accused in boy's kidnapping, death did not act alone
http://www.khou.com/news/Quanell-X-...apping-death-did-not-act-alone-112823039.html

But Quanell X, who said he’s spoken with Nelson and promised her he’d attend her first court appearance, said he believes she had no motive, and that there may have been others involved.

Maybe it is bad reporting, but if MN didn't murder Jonathan then others had to be involved.

But Quanell X, who said he’s spoken with Nelson and promised her he’d attend her first court appearance, said he believes she had no motive, and that there may have been others involved.

So, was Quanell meeting an obligation or is he going to stand by MN and continue to defend her?

Initially, investigators said Nelson denied having anything to do with Foster’s death, but she later admitted to disposing of his body.
Still, she’s insisted that she did not kill him.
Quanell X said he believes she is protecting someone.
"She appears to be a hardened lady – you know, a tough lady. Tough enough to where she would try to protect others who were involved in this," he said.

That would have to be some relationship for her to take the fall for the murder of an innocent child.

Speculation regarding this case is all over the Internet.

Is someone decides to speak out on behalf of Mona, regardless of who they are, then I find nothing wrong with it. If Mona trusts him to speak and share, she has that right to share it with the person of her choice.

If it is only HIS views, then he fits right in with all the reporters views, LE views, and views across the Internet.

IMO

I have nothing to back it up, it's just a gut feeling, but I don't think this was a drug debt. I don't think MN is a serial killer and I don't think this was a sexually motivated crime.

I do think that possibly something wasn't going the way MN wanted it to at the "cottage". I think she was feeling slighted or something. Possibly wasn't getting to hang out there like before because her friend was busy babysitting or Jonathan said something that made her mad. I think that if we actually knew how ridiculous and petty the reason was that we would all be astounded.

Just my thoughts at the moment, subject to change if any new info is released.

I agree with you and jumping off your post:

The only scenario that makes any sense to me at this point is that MN wanted JE out the picture. And by framing DD as the perp, would conveniently take him out of the picture as well. This leaves MN to play the role of the “friend” to lean on after tragedy for SE and/or AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member