TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
it sure makes you feel useless being so far away and not being able to help. 9 days, words can't express the sadness that is setting in.
God bless you little Hailey.

Had a chance to get on here tonight, so updated the map. Here it is...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...393,-100.88861&spn=0.023952,0.038409&t=h&z=15

Chili fries above gave the location of mom's boyfriends last address when he was arrested for Public intox
Is it possible to add it in.. :)

Someone posted about the name Hailey being heard more and more in these missing kids cases. My daughter is a Haylee and this more than freaks us out, too!

The City Manager here has said he used to with the FBI..wondering if he could call in some reinforcements?

Isn't the FBI already involved? I don't know how that would go over asking FBI agents (former or current) to assist in an unofficial search that the FBI is "officially" working on...but, I could be wrong.

At least 20 law enforcement officers from jurisdictions outside Colorado City are investigating the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, including the FBI, Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the 32nd District Attorney’s office, according to a Colorado City official.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

I posted earlier about the address SA gave when he was arrested in Taylor County for public intoxication last August. The address I gave looked like a street address but it wasn't, it was just the road he lived on. Some county roads in the area have 4 digit numerical assignments so they look like specific addresses. But it is a very small road. Anyway, no reason to even post that because the "town", Dunn, where he lived in August is a tiny spot on the map north of Colorado City. IF, and that's a big if, LE think the bf may be responsible they might want to search the Dunn area because it's between CC and where I believe Billie works in Snyder, remember SA picked her up that evening.

I have a feeling that he hasn't lived at that address for very long, if he even still has that address, as it is quite difficult to locate specifics on it. JMOO.

However, i believe that his parents have lived at their address for quite a qhile as it seems to be a very established address with a large house on a large parcel of property. Again, JMOO.

Still reporting that she's wearing tennis shoes.....

Had a chance to get on here tonight, so updated the map. Here it is...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...393,-100.88861&spn=0.023952,0.038409&t=h&z=15

That map is perfect if that is where TDCJ searched. The hilighted area does not have any roads and that area is directly adjacent to the TDCJ property that could only be searched by foot or mount. I am thinking that TDCJ covered that area just to help rule it out.

Someone posted about the name Hailey being heard more and more in these missing kids cases. My daughter is a Haylee and this more than freaks us out, too!

It's a very popular name right now.

thanks everyoneneedsavoice...I overlooked that fact.

I wonder what days is visitation at the prisons? I know a fair amount of people come to town to visit their loved ones that are in jail here. That number would likely increase with it being the holidays.
weekends.

I have a question and hopefully, I don't make a complete fool of myself here - LOL

I've been trying to read every post since the very first one regarding this sweet little girl. I read that the mom works long shifts and starts in the morning. So, when is the last verified time she saw/talked with Hailey before she disappeared and has it been verified by LE that someone saw her talking on the phone in the yard on Monday? I've seen it in print but cannot remember if it was verified. Please forgive me, I'm trying to figure out who is verified by LE as having seen and/or spoken with Hailey the day she disappeared. I hope that made sense?

Hi I believe Mom said she saw Hailey the night before as she was still in bed when Mom went to work on Monday.
We don't have confirmation about the phone call in the yard...we wish...welcome-

Chili fries above gave the location of mom's boyfriends last address when he was arrested for Public intox
Is it possible to add it in.. :)

Done, as well as the current search area. :)

The City Manager here has said he used to with the FBI..wondering if he could call in some reinforcements?

There are some of the City Manager's writings on the internet - looked at them just out of curiosity...writings from August and September 2010. ..very interesting character he is. Worked with the FBI - he should be able to pull some strings I'd say.

what about all the empty space out by the airport????

Hi ajk, I didn't understand your post, sorry.

As far as searches go... there should NEVER be any children involved at a search. I do understand adults searching roads, allies, etc... but, at night?

And someone mentioned earlier that she could be hurt out in the woods and may need help. Well it has been 9 days... I honestly don't think any searches are going to be looking for anyone hurt in the woods.

That map is perfect if that is where TDCJ searched. The hilighted area does not have any roads and that area is directly adjacent to the TDCJ property that could only be searched by foot or mount. I am thinking that TDCJ covered that area just to help rule it out.

I belive that they are also looking at that area as it is heavily wooded and along a river. The primary road from SA's parents residence (I-20) crosses over the Colorado River near there and Business 20 runs along that area into Colorado City. There is an I-20 Frontag Road that runs along the northern border of the shaded area and there appear to be pull off points along that road, at least 2 right by where I-20 crosses the river. It is heavily wooded there.

JMOO

Thank you so much. It does hurt that our kids have to worry about things like that. I went out there a little bit and took my boys and they were looking with us. My babies shouldn't have to do that. One of my favorite songs is "There will be a day" By Jeremy Camp. The only thing that gives me hope is knowing there will be a day with no more pain and no more fear. God bless you ALL for all of your prayers.
Wow. One of my all time favorite songs. I feel the slow creeping dread for this girl but I also hold out immense hope that she is being held. Please don't forget the miracle of Elizabeth Smart. Pray.

LE is being rather cryptic with their statement this afternoon...kind of reminds me of "a different lens..." :(

Hi there, I would be the one Texas Mist was talking about.

As citizens you absolutely have the right to conduct a search or searches as long as they are on public land or land that you have permission to be on AND you are not interfering with official LE searches or investigations. Organization and a plan are key though.

Over the last 9 months I have been working on a reference guide to help communities with just this. I think most everything you need can be found at the website. There is absolutely no cost and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any guidance.

www.4themissing.net
thank you for that info.

Im going back and forth with the BF but what really gets to me is when her mom realized she left wearing her flip flops and not her tennis shoes and then found her HOODIE in her room. Her mom stated it has been pretty chilly here, and that about tore her up thinking about Hailey being cold.

Who would leave their home in flip flops and no jacket when going anywhere for the night??

It may not be cold in Texas. I am in LA and I wear flip flops. We have had only a couple of cold fronts.

Whats the ground like in that area? Meaning sandy, loose dirt or hard well packed ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708