TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a local situation where a girl was missing and TES was very much aware of the situation...ready to go at a moment's notice. I can't say if this is the same thing, but in my situation, LE refused TES help because of arrogance, plain and simple. The local sheriff wanted all the "glory" when the girl was found. This, of course, is just my opinion.

FYI, the girl WAS found after being lost in the woods for 4 days. One more day and she would have been dead. My point is, TES would have found her much, much sooner. I have no doubt about that. The fact that she was found alive was by the grace of God. And, FWIW, a *civilian* found her when he went out searching on his own. LE had nothing to do with it. It could have ended badly and then there would have been an uproar about them not allowing TES to help.

I have been busy most of the day contacting agencies and doing various other stuff. I have not been able to keep up here as well as I would have liked to. I spoke to Billie not 30 minutes ago, and she was under the impression that they are coming. I am about to call TES again and see what is going on, but before I do, would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of what has been learned (and I use that term loosely) today?

Thanks

I don't have much to add that has been learned today but this is what I've learned:

- LE denies telling anyone the results of the polygraphs, including Billie

- Kampfer says they have narrowed search to neighborhood around Billie Dunn's house

- other reports say they're searching north of town near Dunn, including being interested in an old cotton gin

There may be more but that's all I can think of.

(((hugs))) to all of you.

Has anything else been said about the dog tracking her scent to the motel?

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At one of them, the Western Suites, which is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on the girl's scent in the parking lot. It led to a ground-floor room, but no further. A search of all 24 rooms produced no other evidence.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-refuses-issue-amber-alert-missing-girl-hailey/story?id=12547213

She has to have gone somewhere from that point.
Has anyone else followed a case where the scent goes dead? Besides Haleigh Cummings case?
I wonder what this could mean?

I don't think that just because SA got a lawyer it means anything. He is under a lot of scrutiny right now. Is it founded? We don't know, it could just be a protective measure to keep from being harassed. I've known many an innocent people to lawyer up just to protect themselves.

I don't have much to add that has been learned today but this is what I've learned:

- Kampfer says they have narrowed search to neighborhood around Billie Dunn's house

- other reports say they're searching north of town near Dunn, including being interested in an old cotton gin

I'd add in BD denied she wasn't told the results.

I have been busy most of the day contacting agencies and doing various other stuff. I have not been able to keep up here as well as I would have liked to. I spoke to Billie not 30 minutes ago, and she was under the impression that they are coming. I am about to call TES again and see what is going on, but before I do, would someone mind giving me a quick rundown of what has been learned (and I use that term loosely) today?

Thanks

this is what was reported earlier today, czgtz

Manchac says TES has been in contact with local law enforcement and they are currently on standby to assist.

The group says its currently working with authorities to formulate a plan about whether Equusearch should be involved and where they might be needed most.

more here

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328916

Redcat's post said they are searching out in Dunn, I believe...? Near SA's grandma's house...and that SA got a lawyer :(
So they are not just searching near H's house...

There is safari on the itouch. The difference between the iPhone and the itouch is the phone and a camera. The iPhone has 3G and also uses wifi if it's available because it's a little faster. The itouch only has wifi, the Internet is accessed through safari. The fb app is an apple app and is great but a lot of people I know would rather do certain fb things w/safari whether on a touch or phone due to bugs. I'm dizzy now but hope that might help.

Actually the new itouch has a camera too. It also has facetime which prior only the iphone had and video.
http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

TY - but what is this about TES being told to 'stand by'. does anyone know for a fact, or is it just rumored? I do not want to have to tell Billie this. Am waiting for call back from TES, but I have never been known for my patience.

What?? TES isn't coming?? Because of weather, maybe?

She has to have gone somewhere from that point.
Has anyone else followed a case where the scent goes dead? Besides Haleigh Cummings case?
I wonder what this could mean?

I don't think the scent went dead, I think it was never there.

TY - but what is this about TES being told to 'stand by'. does anyone know for a fact, or is it just rumored? I do not want to have to tell Billie this. Am waiting for call back from TES, but I have never been known for my patience.

I linked the article up top a little bit that stated it not saying it couldn't be a rumor but MSM is reporting it..

We had a local situation where a girl was missing and TES was very much aware of the situation...ready to go at a moment's notice. I can't say if this is the same thing, but in my situation, LE refused TES help because of arrogance, plain and simple. The local sheriff wanted all the "glory" when the girl was found. This, of course, is just my opinion.

FYI, the girl WAS found after being lost in the woods for 4 days. One more day and she would have been dead. My point is, TES would have found her much, much sooner. I have no doubt about that. The fact that she was found alive was by the grace of God. And, FWIW, a *civilian* found her when he went out searching on his own. LE had nothing to do with it. It could have ended badly and then there would have been an uproar about them not allowing TES to help.

I just wrote a bit about that case on the Forensic Astro forum. You're referring to James King and the little girl lost in the swamp, I think. What a guy! I just can't imagine LE turning down help from TES.

Maybe LE felt they had a hot tip and did not want to bring TES up until it was cleared? But if so, why is searching also being done in Dunn, if it is and it is by LE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects