GUILTY AZ - Six killed, 13 injured in shooting at Gabrielle Giffords event, 8 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider myself to be a feminist, but I also honor the sacredness of women— the ones who have been given to power of the Creator to create life. And I include those women who, while not haven given birth to a child, through their actions create things that bring life, hope, peace and healing to others. As far as I am concerned, the man who did this is a coward. To shoot a woman point blank in the head, to kill a child in cold blood is a reprehensible, cowardly action. And to kill others, male and female, young and old... I don't care what his politics, he deserves everything the law can give him.

Penelope, I am a woman also. And, I care about the rights of women (and anyone else). I honor the sacredness of humanity, whether female or male. This was a troubled individual who did this, and I don't understand why you are raising the male/female thing. Peace and love to all. (o.k., I'm sounding a bit like a "hippy/ love child" here. didn't mean to.)

Fox News is reporting a bullet struck and passed through her head, but doctors are reporting that she is able to respond to them at this time.

That is just so amazing to me that she could respond so quickly after a life threatening operation! I am amazed! I remember members of my family having hours after surgery to recoup from being put under...and it certainly wasn't for a bullet going through their head! I am just stunned that she could respond so quickly! She is one tough woman!!! :great:

Sorrell, his myspace was taken down but apparently said "goodbye" to his friends 8 hours ago.

Correction: she was responding to commands before surgery; she is still in recovery, and coming out of anesthesia (at last report). The Drs are optimistic that she will make a good recovery. What that means, however, remains to be seen.

Best-
Herding Cats

Oh okay....but still! You rock Gifford!!:rocker:

Looks similar to Dylan Klebold (columbine). I guess all cowards look alike.

I thought the same thing. Also wonder again,where are this guys parents. You don't get this crazy overnight. He surely was voicing increasingly paranoid delusions. Most mentally ill people do not act on their thoughts,but when they do,it can be very bad as this shows. Family and friends really need to pay more attention.

just got a tweet from azcentral.com and the presser at 6pm is a go. It'll be the Pima County Sheriff and other officials. Sorry if my spelling is horrible right now, been a long day on the cpu.

Oh Arielilane, they mentioned that girl you posted about and her tweets on the local news almost verbatim to what she wrote.

The National Championship game is here on Monday. They should really do a moment of silence for all the victims imo.

Sorrell, his myspace was taken down but apparently said "goodbye" to his friends 8 hours ago.

Makes me wonder if he believed he'd be shot and killed after he opened fire? Or 'suicide by cop'? MOO

Makes me wonder if he believed he'd be shot and killed after he opened fire? Or 'suicide by cop'? MOO

Who are his friends? If one of my friends starts saying goodbye,I'm going to question them. Should have been a big red flag for someone.

I'm not up on guns but that picture might be this one,

Springfield eXtreme Duty / XD pistol, caliber 9mm

1287746503.jpg

http://yfrog.com/f/gzd7xp/

That's exactly what I thought after I watched his *manifesto* video. IMO, I don't think he expected to leave the scene alive.

If he posted a goodbye message on Myspace, premeditation is in the bag.

Who are his friends? If one of my friends starts saying goodbye,I'm going to question them. Should have been a big red flag for someone.

Either way, he had to know he wouldn't get away with this. MOO

TY, Dr. Know.

If he said "good-bye" to his friends earlier today, then I'm even more convinced he was expecting to be taken out during his assassination attempt.

If so, he must be really surprised to still be alive & in custody.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families & loved ones.

I hope that she lives to face him in court.

I'm praying for her. This is absolutely horrible that an elected official can't have a meeting with her constituents outside a supermarket on a Saturday morning without someone trying to kill her and others. The poor, innocent little girl who died.....:cry: MOO

They are currently at his parents home and waiting to serve search warrants at "several locations". They don't know if he still lives there with his parents.

I'm praying for her. This is absolutely horrible that an elected official can't have a meeting with her constituents outside a supermarket on a Saturday morning without someone trying to kill her and others. The poor, innocent little girl who died.....:cry: MOO

My former local Congressman held a similar type event awhile back. His headquarters was in a local strip mall,and he stood outside and made a speech,and maybe about 20 people were there. I believe there was a question and answer thing after. I happened to be shopping and noticed it. It was during the time that things were heated about healthcare,but the thought occurred to me how easy it would be for some crazy person to just fire a gun or something. I would have liked to hear what the guy had to say,ut the thought of that freaked me out. I guess I had good reason to be freaked.
I'm guessing things will certainly change now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member