2011.01.09 Front page Orlando Sentinel: Is Baez in over his head? *UNDER REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
slightly off topic, but i don't believe that any other station then perhaps trutv will be covering this case live. :(

I had hopes of watching online. Canada doesn't get trutv :(
In the latest thread up in the news area..they described what kind of coverage they'd be offering..none included live courtroom

CM said there could be 2 or 3 more attorneys joining the team before trial. So even if she dropped JB she will have plenty of attorneys. Plus JB is probably doing what she is asking him to do so she really has no complaints. Funny how defense brought up the video from 12/11/08 in their motion to have it thrown out. Bringing it back into the spotlight where maybe, just maybe OS can get them to release it under the Sunshine Law. Be careful what you ask for. That would probably put her right over the edge. jmo

:highfive: Oh please Oh please Oh pleeeeeeease!!!

I'm not so sure about the 3 attorney's not going along with the story that Baez was/is still trying to sell the public.

Linda Kenny-Baden went on tv and said that Casey didn't do it a number of times.

Andrea Lyon said, "She didn't kill her kid".

Todd Macalucha said in open court, very loudly and proudly that they had proof that she didn't do it, that someone else did.

They all towed the party line when it was to their benefit, IMO.

I think the reason that they left was that Baez became increasingly more arragant and "out there" with each passing day, and it was just not something that could be ignored anymore, or, serve in their best interest.

They saw the writing on the wall ~ And it was done in color coded charts.

Saying that ICA didn't kill her kid or is innocent is not the same as saying somebody else did it. They may have been implying that it was an accidental death, that KC didn't set out to kill Caylee, that murder was not an appropriate charge. That was all done for the benefit of the press and the public and probably had little to do with where the actual discovery was leading the case. IIRC, Todd Macaluso was the only attorney that really tried to indicate someone else was involved, and that dude was phoning it in from the get-go. The fact that he specialized in reconstructing "accident" sites to clear large corporations, made me think he had another purpose/agenda anyway.

I have noticed that the orlandosentinel story, which allowed "comments", is no longer there. Not the story, but the comments. My first look was about 20, then about 48. It seems to me the "comments" section is no longer there. Any thoughts as to why they took the comments section away? I may also be braindead, LOL. I'm I the only one who has noticed the "comments" section has seemed to be gone?

I have noticed that the orlandosentinel story, which allowed "comments", is no longer there. Not the story, but the comments. My first look was about 20, then about 48. It seems to me the "comments" section is no longer there. Any thoughts as to why they took the comments section away? I may also be braindead, LOL. I'm I the only one who has noticed the "comments" section has seemed to be gone?

It's still there with 115 comments after page 3.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107,0,7100865.story?page=3

Drop breadcrumbs if you venture in there, so we can find you.

WOW ~ He has had quite a few run-ins with the Florida Bar, hasn't he~
I hadn't realized that some of those above mentioned had been turned over to the bar.

It's to bad the Bar only keeps those on record for a year. It would be nice if they stayed forever and added up.
I think that with each one, it would go to prove future complaints are in fact, true and accurate.

Not how he got out of the Dominic Casey complaint, by him saying, "he didn't remember any of those conversations"...........yeah, right.....and I'm a blind aviator for United Airlines in my spare time.

ITA! The Florida Bar has to be aware, the keep publishing him in their daily news:

1/7/2011: Under section--Lawyer Ethics/Legal Discipline--

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/PI...100545140!OpenDocument&Highlight=0,jose,baez*

1/4/2011: Under section --Criminal Justice Issues--

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/PI...0efc6180e9649bdb8525780e005704ab!OpenDocument

The comments are still at the end of the article, there are 112 now. Here is a direct link to the comment section. I know your not braindead, following this case can be :maddening: at times.

http://discussions.orlandosentinel.com/20/orlnews/os-jose-baez-outside-depth-20110107/10

slightly off topic, but i don't believe that any other station then perhaps trutv will be covering this case live. :(

I had hopes of watching online. Canada doesn't get trutv :(
In the latest thread up in the news area..they described what kind of coverage they'd be offering..none included live courtroom

Oh Lord ~ Say it ain't so!!

I've been counting on watching it on-line cause our cable outlet doesn't have Tru-TV.

Although, I would add, that if the state of Florida would like to get some of their money back, if they had the only live-stream of this, and charged for it, they would make some bucks, IMO, cause there are lots of people that are addicted to this case.

When TruTv televises a live trial, CNN Live streams it at the same time, gavel to gavel.

-------------------------------

I hope this isnt o/t.. I think Baez made a big mistake in the very beginning.He should have realized this case was above his experience and called in a lawyer more qualified.It would have been better for his career.When he called in CM.he should have turned it over to him and taken a "side seat".One cannot have another person on the side to simply get him/her out of problems self created..
...This whole thing reminds me vividly of my husband when learning to drive (yes I learned first).He actually told me "now just sit there,dont tell me what to do"..:seeya:

ICA has had a slew of attorneys representing her, from the case dockets:

07/17/2008 Notice of Appearance
NOTICE OF APPEARANCE FILED JOSE A. BAEZ

10/10/2008 Notice of Appearance
NOTICE OF APPEARANCE FILED (JONATHAN KASEN)(CO-COUNSEL)

11/12/2008 Notice of Appearance
Jack A. Kirschenbaum, Esq

12/12/2008 Appearance of Attorney Entered
Jose Baez & Linda Kenney Baden

03/13/2009 Motion Amended Verified; for Admission to Appear Pro Hac Vice (Todd Macaluso)

05/29/2009 Notice of Appearance
Filed by Andrea D. Lyon

09/30/2010 Notice of Appearance
on Behalf Casey Anthony - Atty Ann Finnell

Former Attorney's not on the docket, but referenced in the press:

July 2008 - Michael Walsh: http://www.wesh.com/r/17039556/detail.html

October 2008 - Terry Lenamon: http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/12/09/Letter.MsAnthony.Withdraw.pdf

March 2009 - Todd Macaluso: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,504044,00.html

March 2010 - Cheney Mason: http://www.wftv.com/news/22876305/detail.html

September 2010 - Dorothy Clay Sims: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24928773/detail.html

When I first watched this, I was astonished. It is as entertaining and instructive to the issue at hand, today.

Friends, put your drinks down, far away from the keyboard.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18147900/index.html#

Jeff Ashton made an excellent case for why Jose Baez is in way over his head and should not be on this case. This was in November of 2008!!!! Things have only gotten worse. Honestly.

You just can't make this stuff up. I was writing a very long piece and decided, naaaaaaw...let the hearing speak for itself. It is a must see. Again!

I've been counting on watching it on-line cause our cable outlet doesn't have Tru-TV.

Although, I would add, that if the state of Florida would like to get some of their money back, if they had the only live-stream of this, and charged for it, they would make some bucks, IMO, cause there are lots of people that are addicted to this case.

I can not find where I read it, but at least one local news station (I think it is WFTV) plans to live stream the trial on their news web site.

When I first watched this, I was astonished. It is as entertaining and instructive to the issue at hand, today.

Jeff Ashton made an excellent case for why Jose Baez is in way over his head and should not be on this case. This was in November of 2008!!!! Things have only gotten worse. Honestly.

You just can't make this stuff up. I was writing a very long piece and decided, naaaaaaw...let the hearing speak for itself. It is a must see. Again!

Thank you for the re-visit of this video! And double thank you for the warning of not drinking while watching!

I loved Ashton's ripping JB for constantly going on national tv and his comment "Mr. Baez is making his comments based on . . . . well, who knows what"

Ahhhh, going back to watching Ashton holding a silver platter with JB's butt on it!

Having watched trials on and off since OJ, I'm trying to think of another case where the defense attorney has had such bad press.

Closest I can come is Mark Geragos of Scott Peterson infamy. He pulled the "stupid boat trick" which backfired when Laci Peterson supporters turned in into a flower-filled shrine. He wasn't there when the jury came in with the verdict. He admitted that he was so sure he would win, he hadn't prepared for the penalty phase.

At least the defense is preparing for the penalty phase.

I remember the boat incident, and it was wonderful that Laci's supporters filled that boat to overflowing with flowers. That was a real backfire on Geragos.

I thought Geragos was pretty well washed up, but then he took on the Michael Jackson molestation case. He didn't represent Michael Jackson long, as he was replaced with Thomas Mesereau. I don't think Geragos has had a high profile case since then.

I remember the boat incident, and it was wonderful that Laci's supporters filled that boat to overflowing with flowers. That was a real backfire on Geragos.

I thought Geragos was pretty well washed up, but then he took on the Michael Jackson molestation case. He didn't represent Michael Jackson long, as he was replaced with Thomas Mesereau. I don't think Geragos has had a high profile case since then.

Yeah, he mostly seems to be a talking head on various TV shows for HLN nowadays. (Isn't that him?? I've been working day & night all weekend long & have already been wrong in one thread tonight, lol)

Wowee wow wow! Thanks, kiddo, for digging this up. I have no idea if I saw this back then, but it was so long ago, I can't remember (thank goodness I'm not a witness in this case).

I may need to finish it in shifts (air sickness bag in hand), but I love how JA is reprimanding JB for saying things on TV that are not only client-attorney privilege, but also are detrimental to her case.

And I love JA saying that JB's "press releases" are among his personal favorites. Boy you hit pay dirt with this one. JB is sure one Lobotomized Lawyer!

The sad thing is that is probably the single best performance JB has yet had in front of either judge in this case. He actually almost looked like a lawyer there. Citing relevant case law, making a reasoned and somewhat valid argument, etc. Granted it was entirely the wrong argument, and for what we ultimately came to realize the wrong reasons. But it was actually a fairly well presented argument for him. ( That was well before we truly knew about the media deals, and that all the public statements were how they were seeking to fund the defense and himself.)

Compare that to any of last weeks hearings. :floorlaugh:

I'm pretty sure that all of the same sites that have been streaming the hearings will also stream the trial....

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member