Questions about the whole situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge we have never heard anything from the A/C guy about seeing haleigh that afternoon... Tommy has never stated he was there like Misty claims he was that afternoon either...In reference to GGMS, I don't believe she saw haleigh either like she claims she did... Bottom line for me...I'm speculating Haleigh wasn't where everyone has claimed she was that afternoon/early evening...

Misty claimed the AC guy was there, and he talked to Ron on the phone. Therefore, there is an AC guy to question whether he was there or not. Same with Tommy and Tommy's kids, same with Jr. GGMS says she was there, maybe she was and maybe she wasn't. However, the reason these people all matter is because LE came out in public at some point and said they wanted info from 8pm on that night. Maybe this is just me making an assumption LE was satisfied with what they knew up to 8pm, but if they weren't, why wouldn't they ask from an earlier time?

I see Ron as responsible for what happened to Haleigh. He could have injured her with over-the-top discipline before he left for work. Sometimes people with such injuries seem okay for awhile but take a turn for the worse later on, especially after lying down or falling asleep. Now, I am not saying this is what happened, only that it could have. And if it did, it would be enough for anyone on the scene to freak out, believing it would be a charge of child abuse resulting in death.

But, I tend to think of Ron's guilt as indirect. Something he was involved in, or someone he crossed, attempted to get even. Maybe Haleigh was an unintended casualty of a chain of events--events that actually began days or possibly even weeks prior to February 9. If this is closer to the truth, I might be inclinced to see LE as possibly covering certain aspects up if whatever activities Ron was involved in also involved one, two, or more LE.

Who knows. I sure don't. But if this crime was done by Misty, Tommy, JO, or any combination of the three--why did Ron behave the way he did early into the investigation? Why--if he was not there and had absolutely no idea of what went down--would Ron marry Misty? Wouldn't he suspect she might be the perp, or at least might be holding back some important information?

Ron told NG he had never really questioned Misty about that night. WHY NOT? One would think Ron would be appalled, but at the very least curious. Yet it didn't seem to matter to him that Misty might have killed his daughter. He didn't even entertain the thought, apparently. So, maybe he knew she didn't. But how, since he wasn't there and claimed to not have a clue what happened.

Ron acted guilty, IMO, or something regarding Haleigh's disappearance. He might not be the perp of direct harm to Haleigh, but I believe he is guilty of something that caused whatever happened to happen. All JMO.

BBM

This is also what I think. Where we differ is IMO these previous events were used by the actual perp(s) to convince Ron that IS what happened to Haleigh, but it wasn't. IMO, that explains why Ron acted towards Misty the way he did in the aftermath. But either way, it doesn't explain other of Ron's behaviors. (A little off my topic, but this is also what I think Ron finally told LE in his plea agreement.)

Back to the beginning, to Haleigh being an unintended casualty...What could Ron have been involved in?

Maybe he stole drugs from someone. So, why would he not go after them? Is he a coward? Was this person out of Ron's league, as far as getting revenge? Was this person so far up the chain Ron didn't even know who he was? Why not tell LE? Is he someone who would never narc, no matter what? (One theory (briefly) I had was Ron stole drugs from someone like himself, and then bragged about it some to Misty and/or whoever. He is then told people broke in and said they were high level drug lord types and the drugs he stole from Joe Blow actually belonged to them, Haleigh is the price, mess with us again and it gets worse, etc., but what keeps Ron from going to Joe Blow and finding out it isn't true?)

Maybe he was involved in a murder. Was he scared of further retaliation? A lot of the same questions for this one as the drug scenario. The big question on this one for me is if he's already involved in a murder, what is keeping him from going after who he thinks is guilty and killing them?

There's two possibilities. What else could Ron have been involved in?

I see Ron as responsible for what happened to Haleigh. He could have injured her with over-the-top discipline before he left for work. Sometimes people with such injuries seem okay for awhile but take a turn for the worse later on, especially after lying down or falling asleep. Now, I am not saying this is what happened, only that it could have. And if it did, it would be enough for anyone on the scene to freak out, believing it would be a charge of child abuse resulting in death.

Respectfully snipped>

Quoting you again :)

I agree this is possible. So say this is what happened, and in the interest of keeping focus, since LE asked for info after 8pm that night, let's also say Haleigh did not die from her injuries until after 8pm.

Could Ron have injured Haleigh as early as the day before with no signs showing until she died? Did it happen between her getting out of school and Ron going to work?

Why would Misty cover this up? Did she see what Ron did? Was Ron giving her instructions? How was she getting them? Did she get help or act alone? At what point was Ron made aware Haleigh was deceased? Is Ron a good enough actor to have found out while still at work? Why was he being so abusive to Misty on the 911 call if she had just bailed him out of some kind of charges for Haleigh's death? If Tommy was only involved to the extent of helping Misty, why does he put himself into this, and why bring in Joe, yet Tommy or Misty, or even Joe for that matter never seem to point to Ron? Why would Ron antagonize, fight with, and put a dead rat in the mailbox of someone (Tommy) who had helped him in this way? Who else knows?

BBM

This is also what I think. Where we differ is IMO these previous events were used by the actual perp(s) to convince Ron that IS what happened to Haleigh, but it wasn't. IMO, that explains why Ron acted towards Misty the way he did in the aftermath. But either way, it doesn't explain other of Ron's behaviors. (A little off my topic, but this is also what I think Ron finally told LE in his plea agreement.)

Back to the beginning, to Haleigh being an unintended casualty...What could Ron have been involved in?

Maybe he stole drugs from someone. So, why would he not go after them? Is he a coward? Was this person out of Ron's league, as far as getting revenge? Was this person so far up the chain Ron didn't even know who he was? Why not tell LE? Is he someone who would never narc, no matter what? (One theory (briefly) I had was Ron stole drugs from someone like himself, and then bragged about it some to Misty and/or whoever. He is then told people broke in and said they were high level drug lord types and the drugs he stole from Joe Blow actually belonged to them, Haleigh is the price, mess with us again and it gets worse, etc., but what keeps Ron from going to Joe Blow and finding out it isn't true?)

Maybe he was involved in a murder. Was he scared of further retaliation? A lot of the same questions for this one as the drug scenario. The big question on this one for me is if he's already involved in a murder, what is keeping him from going after who he thinks is guilty and killing them?

There's two possibilities. What else could Ron have been involved in?

I have asked myself your questions many times over.

Maybe...

Whoever did the deed might be someone personally unknown to RC and/or MC (they can't identify them), i.e, they came there on behalf of someone else--and that someone else is the person or is close to the person RC crossed.

Or...

Ron got involved in something and had no idea what the possible repercussions could be, meaning he had no idea when he went into the deal who he was dealing with.

Or...

It is exactly as you stated: Misty knew about something Ron was involved in and used that to convince him that Haleigh missing was actually HIS fault.

Or...

Ron is an idiot, so stupid he cannot add two and two, and oblivious to all that goes on around him. Misty and Tommy killed his child and he is just so dense he can't see it.

I have actually considered that final scenario seriously. I mean, if Misty could effectively convince Ron that he is responsible even if he is in fact totally innocent, how smart can he be? But then, I dropped that scenario because even though I don't see Ron as a rocket scientist, I can't see him just accepting every word fed to him by a 17-year-old druggie who kept company with her druggie brother, druggie friends, and criminal cousin. Nope--he can't be that stupid.

IMO, if Misty was able to convince Ron something happened that didn't, it has to be something really plausible to Ron...and that brings me back to him having hit Haleigh earlier--either injuring her seriously, or maybe not injuring her at all but Misty convinced him that he had.

Or it could be Ron really was involved in something that went sour, beginning a chain of events that led up to Haleigh's demise. What if someone had a grudge against Ron. What if he robbed someone, threatening the person in the process, and the robbery and threat pizzed off someone else--their boss, perhaps. With something like this, even if there was no real retaliation, Ron might have been convinced by Misty that there was.

Much of this may sound far-fetched, I know. But, with this group I think just about anything is possible. Ron may be innocent, but he acts guilty. There has to be a reason for that.

I have asked myself your questions many times over.

Maybe...

Whoever did the deed might be someone personally unknown to RC and/or MC (they can't identify them), i.e, they came there on behalf of someone else--and that someone else is the person or is close to the person RC crossed.

Or...

Ron got involved in something and had no idea what the possible repercussions could be, meaning he had no idea when he went into the deal who he was dealing with.

Or...

It is exactly as you stated: Misty knew about something Ron was involved in and used that to convince him that Haleigh missing was actually HIS fault.

Or...

Ron is an idiot, so stupid he cannot add two and two, and oblivious to all that goes on around him. Misty and Tommy killed his child and he is just so dense he can't see it.

I have actually considered that final scenario seriously. I mean, if Misty could effectively convince Ron that he is responsible even if he is in fact totally innocent, how smart can he be? But then, I dropped that scenario because even though I don't see Ron as a rocket scientist, I can't see him just accepting every word fed to him by a 17-year-old druggie who kept company with her druggie brother, druggie friends, and criminal cousin. Nope--he can't be that stupid.

IMO, if Misty was able to convince Ron something happened that didn't, it has to be something really plausible to Ron...and that brings me back to him having hit Haleigh earlier--either injuring her seriously, or maybe not injuring her at all but Misty convinced him that he had.

Or it could be Ron really was involved in something that went sour, beginning a chain of events that led up to Haleigh's demise. What if someone had a grudge against Ron. What if he robbed someone, threatening the person in the process, and the robbery and threat pizzed off someone else--their boss, perhaps. With something like this, even if there was no real retaliation, Ron might have been convinced by Misty that there was.

Much of this may sound far-fetched, I know. But, with this group I think just about anything is possible. Ron may be innocent, but he acts guilty. There has to be a reason for that.

BBM
Technically, that is my theory in a nutshell.

Seriously, though, if something did happen previously that Ron knows to be true, and it was something Misty put in his face as what happened to Haleigh, and it is in any way plausible to have happened like that, especially if she throws in to him in addition to taking Haleigh these people also knocked her around and/or raped her when she tried to stop them or something along those lines, I can see him falling for it, especially if Ron did care for Haleigh, and did care for Misty, which are both things I believe to be true.

BBM
Technically, that is my theory in a nutshell.

Seriously, though, if something did happen previously that Ron knows to be true, and it was something Misty put in his face as what happened to Haleigh, and it is in any way plausible to have happened like that, especially if she throws in to him in addition to taking Haleigh these people also knocked her around and/or raped her when she tried to stop them or something along those lines, I can see him falling for it, especially if Ron did care for Haleigh, and did care for Misty, which are both things I believe to be true.

EXACTLY!!!

I do believe this could be it. And it could be true that RC knew nothing about what happened to Haleigh until he got home from work...then they called 911, and then sometime during the first few days Misty filled Ron in on the night's events as you have outlined above. And...if Misty knew that RC was in fact involved with someone on something that went sour, she could easily have used that to concoct a story that he would believe.

People think Misty is dumb, but I see her as one who has learned how to get by in ways that most of us could never dream of. Consider that if what RC was involved in was something very, very serious, he was not about to be upfront with LE if it would lead to very, very serious charges. So, if he knew Haleigh was not coming back no matter what he did to help the investigation, he would see fit to not let LE in on any of his dirty secrets.

I never thought Ron murdered his child. He could have killed her with discipline gone wrong, but in that scenario I don't think Misty would still be covering for him. But RC covered up and thwarted the investigation into his daughter's disappearance. He may have helped LE initially, but very soon stopped cooperating. Ron is either involved in what happened to Haleigh or he believes he is. IMO, whatever Misty told Ron about what happened, he believed.

My cousin was involved in a long time common law marriage. Her husband called police one day and reported she had committed suicide.

Her family knew this was not true as he was abusive and she would never have left her children. It was a small town and the husband had ties to many in the police department there. He was allowed to destroy evidence the day after she died including the chair she was sitting in that had a bullet hole through it.

Several years went by and her family were able to get a group working on cold cases interested in the case. My cousins husband was soon arrested, tried and is now in prison.

Never underestimate invisible ties between people in small towns.

I am not accusing anyone in the pcso of anything but in the south family connections often go back further than anyone can see easily as well as klan connections and hunting buddy connections and etc.

I have seen too many people get away with everything from murder to child molestation in my days when the perpetrator had the right connections.

Just recently I know of a young man that's been accused of molesting very young children get away with statutory rape simply because the girl had already be molested by others.
I live in a smallish town, & this is what I've noticed...especially with cops. They work the streets, answer the calls, & see the same people over & over. They get to know these people, get to know their friends, their families, etc...& build weird little relationships with them. A lot of cops like these people. They really do. So, when something happens, especially involving an 'outsider', the guy that's their friend, gets the 'buddy' treatment. a friend looking out for a friend. So, instead of getting a DWI, or busted for drugs, the cop throws the pot out, overlooks the intoxication, & issues a traffic ticket. I've seen this happen, more than once, with my daughter's ex & his friends. These cops tell them what girls to stay away from, what places to avoid...in other words, look out for them. I don't know if anything like this happened, in the Haleigh case, but it's real possible. maybe not corruption, but a cop, giving his buddy, a heads up.

I've actually thought about this, & think it's the only explanation of how Ron participated in a cover-up, but isn't guilty in the murder. maybe Misty fed him a load of crud & he actually believed it, maybe he just wanted to believe it, because he loved her & didn't want her to be guilty, or maybe he just pretended to believe her, because he was scared of her family. so he just let it ride. This is a real possibility, considering he got a deal to be truthful. But, what explains Teresa's behavior? Did she know about his crime, & also think it was because of him? Misty went from being God's answer to girlfriends, to a witch, in nothing flat. I've always thought there were multiple stories, multiple crimes, multiple cover-ups, going on, & I always thought that everybody was sitting around suspecting everybody else...while the real perp was getting away with a cold blooded murder. At 1 time, I even wondered if while this bunch was busy covering their sorry lifestyles, if a SO neighbor, was laughing at the chaos, but Tommy's Joe story, pretty much put an end to that speculation.i

Misty claimed the AC guy was there, and he talked to Ron on the phone. Therefore, there is an AC guy to question whether he was there or not. Same with Tommy and Tommy's kids, same with Jr. GGMS says she was there, maybe she was and maybe she wasn't. However, the reason these people all matter is because LE came out in public at some point and said they wanted info from 8pm on that night. Maybe this is just me making an assumption LE was satisfied with what they knew up to 8pm, but if they weren't, why wouldn't they ask from an earlier time?

Mind that this is just my opinion here, but I think that LE took GGMS's word at face value and just rolled with it as a basis for the timeline. I think it is just that simple as to how LE came up with the 8:00 pm start time. Just to add another opinion of mine and this one is in regards to LE stating that Haleigh was deceased. This statement was issued at the time that Tommy came forth with his "version" of the "Joe took Haleigh story". LE decided right then and there that Haleigh was deceased. Thennnnnnnnnnn, the story came out that Tommy failed a lie detector test concerning his story about "Joe took Haleigh" and LE's dive teams and search conducted at the boat dock and ramp turned up zilch, nada, nothing.........etc. However, LE did not bother to retract their decision that Haleigh was deceased and just let the statement sit. As far as I know, there has been no evidence discovered to show that Haleigh is deceased. But, I must point out that I was thinking that she was from the start and was totally convinced by the time that the cadaver dogs alerted on the dumpsters.

As far as LE covering up for Ron? I do think that Ronald killed Haleigh in a fit of rage and that his family cleaned up and disposed of Haleigh and involved the Croslins in order to cast suspicion in that direction. I do think that Misty was dragged back to the doublewide and instructed on what to say to the 911 dispatcher and also to establish that Misty was the last person to see Haleigh that night. I do think that LE had blinders on from the start and due to some friendships and tie-ins to Ronald's family, did not investigate the case as it should have been investigated and lost valuable time and evidence by being so blind. Bungled isn't even the word to use. Incompetence, maybe. LE was so determined to look at no one other than Misty as the "Key" that the case was bungled.

:waitasec: I thought I was confused last week, heck now I am even more confused!

From how I understood it Misty had filed an appeal on all her cases in St.John's and An ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989 on all her PC cases.
How and why was her case heard yesterday in PC is my question? If she has pending cases in the Supreme court why were these cases not continued?
:waitasec: I wonder if Fields ask for a continuance for her charges in PC or figured he would just appeal them as well? Either way I find it odd that the cases were heard yesterday. Anyone follow where I am coming from? I went and looked to see if an appeal was filed but nothing, the only thing I noticed is that 2 of the cases have not been updated.

Misty has filed for an APPEAL in St.John's. Will she be able to get out of all her charges once this goes to the supreme court? "Snip" http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/B...Details/192668

Judge: BERGER, WENDY W Case Type: Criminal Felony
Case Number: 10000141CFMA Status: CLOSED
Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 10/8/2010
SAO Case Number: Total Fees Due: 525518.00
Agency: FDLE
Custody Location: DEPT OF CORRECTIONS
Agency Report #: ST730308 #62

Parties
Type Party Name Attorney
DEFENDANT CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE
FIELDS, ROBERT M (Main Attorney)
PLAINTIFF STATE OF FLORIDA ROYS, JACQUELYN (Main Attorney)

Charges
Count Description Level Degree Plea Disposition Disposition Date
1 TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) F F ADJUDICATED GUILTY 10/08/2010

Events
Date Event Judge Location Result
10/8/2010 1:30 PM FELONY SENTENCING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 SENTENCED
8/23/2010 9:00 AM FELONY HEARING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 DISPOSED
8/17/2010 9:00 AM FELONY DOCKET CALL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLED
6/8/2010 1:30 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
4/6/2010 1:30 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
3/8/2010 1:30 PM FELONY ARRAIGNMENT BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLEA FILED

Case Dockets

Date Entry
12/2/2010 RECORD ON APPEAL (VOLUME I) (5D10-3883)
12/2/2010 LETTER TO 5TH DCA - RECORD ON APPEAL (1 VOLUME) (5D10-3883) 11/29/2010 PROCEEDINGS BEFORE JUDGE BERGER ON 10/08/2010
11/15/2010 5TH DCA ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE (5D10-3883)
11/8/2010 LETTER TO 5TH DCA - NOTICE OF APPEAL

Details: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542010CF000138XXAXMX
File Date: 01/21/2010
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: CASE CLOSED
Defense Atty: FIELDS, ROBERT M
Case File Location: CRIMINAL DIVISION

Defendant: CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE
Alias: CROSLIN

10/25/2010 56 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE SC10-1989

11/01/2010 57 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)

01/10/2011 58 SCORESHEET FILED

01/10/2011 59 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY ROBERT FIELDS

01/10/2011 59 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF

01/10/2011 59 TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE (4G - 14G)

01/10/2011 59 3 YEARS DOC WITH 355 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

01/10/2011 59 5 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

01/10/2011 59 DOC SENTENCE IS 3 YEARS MINIMUM MANDATORY

01/10/2011 59 CASE TO RUN CONCURRENT WITH ST JOHNS COUNTY CASE AND

01/10/2011 59 CONCURRENT WITH 10-140 CF 52

01/10/2011 59 $395 COURT COSTS

01/10/2011 59 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

01/10/2011 59 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

01/10/2011 59 $2,825.00 TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

01/10/2011 59 $50,000.00 FINE - MINIMUM MANDTORY - IMPOSED

01/10/2011 59 DRIVERS LICENSE SUSPENDED FOR 2 YEARS - TO BE IMPOSED

01/10/2011 59 BY DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

01/10/2011 60 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT

UCN: 542010CF000139XXAXMX
Case Status: SENTENCING

Alias: CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE

10/25/2010 55 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE SC10-1989
11/01/2010 56 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)
NO UPDATE?:waitasec:

Details
: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542010CF000140XXAXMX
Case Status: SENTENCING

10/25/2010 57 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989 NO UPDATE:waitasec:

UCN: 542010CF000141XXAXMX

10/25/2010 57 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989
11/01/2010 58 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)

01/10/2011 59 SCORESHEET FILED

01/10/2011 60 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY ROBERT FIELDS

01/10/2011 60 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF

01/10/2011 60 TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (4G - 14 G)

01/10/2011 60 3 YEARS DOC WITH 355 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

01/10/2011 60 5 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

01/10/2011 60 DOC SENTENCE IS 3 YEARS MINIMUM MANDATORY

01/10/2011 60 CASE TO RUN CONCURRENT WITH ST JOHNS COUNTY CASE AND

01/10/2011 60 10-140 CF 52

01/10/2011 60 $395 COURT COSTS

01/10/2011 60 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

01/10/2011 60 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

01/10/2011 60 $2,825.00 TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

01/10/2011 60 $50,000 FINE -MINIMUM MANDATORY- IMPOSED

01/10/2011 60 DRIVERS LICENSE SUSPENDED FOR 2 YEARS TO BE IMPOSED BY

01/10/2011 60 DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

01/10/2011 61 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT

UCN: 542010CF000142XXAXMX

10/25/2010 57 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989
11/01/2010 58 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)

01/10/2011 59 SCORESHEET FILED

01/10/2011 60 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY ROBERT FIELDS

01/10/2011 60 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF

01/10/2011 60 TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE (28 G - 30 KG)

01/10/2011 60 25 YEARS DOC WITH 355 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

01/10/2011 60 5 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

01/10/2011 60 DOC SENTENCE IS 25 YEARS MINIMUM MANDATORY

01/10/2011 60 CASE TO RUN CONCURRENT WITH ST JOHNS COUNTY CASE AND

01/10/2011 60 10-140 CF 52

01/10/2011 60 $395 COURT COSTS

01/10/2011 60 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

01/10/2011 60 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

01/10/2011 60 $2,825.00 TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

01/10/2011 60 $500,000.00 FINE -MINIMUM MANDATORY- IMPOSED

01/10/2011 60 DRIVERS LICENSE SUSPENDED FOR 2 YEARS TO BE IMPOSED BY

01/10/2011 60 DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

01/10/2011 61 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT

UCN: 542010CF000251XXAXMX
File Date: 02/03/2010

10/25/2010 55 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989

11/01/2010 56 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)

01/10/2011 57 SCORESHEET FILED

01/10/2011 58 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY ROBERT FIELDS

01/10/2011 58 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF

01/10/2011 58 TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE (28 G - 30 KG)

01/10/2011 58 25 YEARS DOC WITH 326 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

01/10/2011 58 5 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

01/10/2011 58 DOC SENTENCE IS 25 YEARS MINIMUM MANDATORY

01/10/2011 58 CASE TO RUN CONCURRENT WITH ST JOHNS COUNTY CASE AND

01/10/2011 58 10-140 CF 52

01/10/2011 58 $395 COURT COSTS

01/10/2011 58 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

01/10/2011 58 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

01/10/2011 58 $2,825.00 TO FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

01/10/2011 58 $500,000.00 FINE -MINIMUM MANDATORY- IMPOSED

01/10/2011 58 DRIVERS LICENSE SUSPENDED FOR 2 YEARS TO BE IMPOSED BY

01/10/2011 58 DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

01/10/2011 59 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFEN

UCN: 542010CF000252XXAXMX
File Date: 02/03/2010

10/25/2010 54 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989

11/01/2010 55 NOTICE RETURNED UNEXECUTED (NOT IN PCJ)

01/10/2011 56 SCORESHEET FILED

01/10/2011 57 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY ROBERT FIELDS

01/10/2011 57 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF

01/10/2011 57 TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE 14 - 28 GRAMS

01/10/2011 57 15 YEARS DOC WITH 326 DAYS CREDIT FOLLOWED BY

01/10/2011 57 5 YEARS DRUG OFFENDER PROBATION

01/10/2011 57 DOC SENTENCE IS 15 YEARS MINIMUM MANDATORY

01/10/2011 57 CASE TO RUN CONCURRENT WITH ST JOHNS COUNTY CASE AND

01/10/2011 57 10-140 CF 52

01/10/2011 57 $395 COURT COSTS

01/10/2011 57 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

01/10/2011 57 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

01/10/2011 57 $2,825.00 TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

01/10/2011 57 $100,000.00 FINE -MINIMUM MANDATORY- IMPOSED

01/10/2011 57 DRIVERS LICENSE SUSPENDED FOR 2 YEARS TO BE IMPOSED BY

01/10/2011 57 DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES

01/10/2011 58 FINGERPRINTS OF DEFENDANT

Need to quote you again to touch on some points you raised. First of all, I do not think PCSO would cover for a child killer. I do not think they felt RC harmed Haleigh, or at least they didn't back when the investigation was getting underway.

What I think PCSO might be covering is their bungling of the investigation. I believe they want justice for Haleigh and want the truth to come out about what happened, but they know they goofed up big time in not collecting possible evidence from places other than Green Lane. They blundered the investigation and that may be at the cost of whatever evidence might have been available initially, but is not available at this late date.

I do not believe this crime went off with no evidence being left behind. So, where is that evidence? Did LE destroy it intentionally? I doubt it. IMO, they allowed it to be destroyed with the passage of time because they failed to collect it when it was available.

If PCSO is involved in cover-up, it might not be to protect Haleigh's perp, but could very well be for them to save face.

Well, if there was evidence somewhere else, how was LE to know where that might be? When Haleigh disappeared, it was reported she went missing from the MH on Green Lane. That's where their investigation had to start.
They can't just go in someone's house and start searching for evidence without the owner's persmission, and preferably with a search warrant, otherwise anything they found would be inadmissable in court. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant. So without some indication that Haleigh was harmed in someone else's home, what are they supposed to do? Keep in mind, they had very little to go on in the beginning, and some of these other things we know came about much later.
I'm not saying they didn't make some mistakes, they probably did. But look at the people they had to deal with. None of them can tell a straight story, and every one of them has lied. Can we really blame it on LE's bungling entirely?
JMHO

I used to think that Ron was guilty. had to be. just look at his background, & try to see otherwise. But, I opened my mind to the possibility that somebody could be a bad person, but not be the murderer of his child. Unfortunantly, Haleigh was surrounded, & I mean completely surrounded, by nothing but bad people. drugs everywhere, a machine gun in her house, her own mother, not fit to raise her, her grandmothers, shirking their duties off on a teenaged druggie, every kind of low life, in & out of her house. Seriously, so many different people, could be seen as suspects & I realized, it didn't have to be Ron. So, I started looking elsewhere. & even though I too think that cops had tunnel vision, where Misty was concerned, I think in the end, they may be right. I think they went over Ron, with a fine tooth comb, & came up, almost empty. I think Haleigh was abducted & murdered for the same reason, that a lot of little girls are abducted & murdered. & I don't see that in Ron. Yes, he likes young girls, but not that young, & not his own blood. Tommy, on the other hand, has been accused of that very thing. Yes, I know Misty's a liar, but she doesn't lie about everything, & I believed her on that one. Tommy has been named a suspect, so I think it's fair, to examine him a little closer. He put himself at that trailer, he lied about the phone call from Ron, & the 'Joe did it' story, was all his. Misty was no more than a background player. & I'm not so sure that cops didn't get something from the dock search, & I think that's why Tommy is still clinging to his story. I think LE is waiting for him to back away from, 'Joe did it', so they can pounce on him. Tommy's sly, & he's got the survival instincts of a wild animal, but I sincerely believe, he'll slip up. He disgusts me, & him trying to use his 'cooperation' in the Haleigh case, as leverage, cemented my feelings.

Mind that this is just my opinion here, but I think that LE took GGMS's word at face value and just rolled with it as a basis for the timeline. I think it is just that simple as to how LE came up with the 8:00 pm start time. Just to add another opinion of mine and this one is in regards to LE stating that Haleigh was deceased. This statement was issued at the time that Tommy came forth with his "version" of the "Joe took Haleigh story". LE decided right then and there that Haleigh was deceased. Thennnnnnnnnnn, the story came out that Tommy failed a lie detector test concerning his story about "Joe took Haleigh" and LE's dive teams and search conducted at the boat dock and ramp turned up zilch, nada, nothing.........etc. However, LE did not bother to retract their decision that Haleigh was deceased and just let the statement sit. As far as I know, there has been no evidence discovered to show that Haleigh is deceased. But, I must point out that I was thinking that she was from the start and was totally convinced by the time that the cadaver dogs alerted on the dumpsters.

As far as LE covering up for Ron? I do think that Ronald killed Haleigh in a fit of rage and that his family cleaned up and disposed of Haleigh and involved the Croslins in order to cast suspicion in that direction. I do think that Misty was dragged back to the doublewide and instructed on what to say to the 911 dispatcher and also to establish that Misty was the last person to see Haleigh that night. I do think that LE had blinders on from the start and due to some friendships and tie-ins to Ronald's family, did not investigate the case as it should have been investigated and lost valuable time and evidence by being so blind. Bungled isn't even the word to use. Incompetence, maybe. LE was so determined to look at no one other than Misty as the "Key" that the case was bungled.

This is pretty much my opinion also LT. I just can't decde if RC killed Haleigh in a fit of rage, or if Haleigh accidentially overdosed on RC's drugs. I believe that LE mishandled it from the beginning, either by a series of errors or (and I hate to say this_) they and the Cummings family or at least RC have been partners in crime somehow in the past and the Cummings have something on LE. (I feel so guilty saying that...) LE has to have more answers that we have, but they are not using the evidence they have. All MOO

Well, if there was evidence somewhere else, how was LE to know where that might be? When Haleigh disappeared, it was reported she went missing from the MH on Green Lane. That's where their investigation had to start.
They can't just go in someone's house and start searching for evidence without the owner's persmission, and preferably with a search warrant, otherwise anything they found would be inadmissable in court. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant. So without some indication that Haleigh was harmed in someone else's home, what are they supposed to do? Keep in mind, they had very little to go on in the beginning, and some of these other things we know came about much later.
I'm not saying they didn't make some mistakes, they probably did. But look at the people they had to deal with. None of them can tell a straight story, and every one of them has lied. Can we really blame it on LE's bungling entirely?
JMHO

I agree with your humble opinion. Back in earlier days, we talked about Timmy and Tommy, and speculated if they were involved or not, but most of us had pretty much ruled Tommy out, especially after the fight and the dead rat. Now, Tommy is the only one LE has called a suspect.

I do believe LE knows more than we do, but I don't believe they knew back at the beginning what they know now. As much as I personally might not mind a few select people being beaten down until they talk, there are laws against it, and they're there for good reasons.

I live in a smallish town, & this is what I've noticed...especially with cops. They work the streets, answer the calls, & see the same people over & over. They get to know these people, get to know their friends, their families, etc...& build weird little relationships with them. A lot of cops like these people. They really do. So, when something happens, especially involving an 'outsider', the guy that's their friend, gets the 'buddy' treatment. a friend looking out for a friend. So, instead of getting a DWI, or busted for drugs, the cop throws the pot out, overlooks the intoxication, & issues a traffic ticket. I've seen this happen, more than once, with my daughter's ex & his friends. These cops tell them what girls to stay away from, what places to avoid...in other words, look out for them. I don't know if anything like this happened, in the Haleigh case, but it's real possible. maybe not corruption, but a cop, giving his buddy, a heads up.

Dodie, I used to live in a small town and I was a legal assistant to a lawyer there. My boss was very good friends with the judge, and we often had lunch together. I know all about friendships, payoffs, political gain. The judge was a very good and kind man, however, friendship reigned over guilt.

:waitasec: I thought I was confused last week, heck now I am even more confused!

From how I understood it Misty had filed an appeal on all her cases in St.John's and An ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF NEW CASE # SC10-1989 on all her PC cases.
How and why was her case heard yesterday in PC is my question? If she has pending cases in the Supreme court why were these cases not continued?
:waitasec: I wonder if Fields ask for a continuance for her charges in PC or figured he would just appeal them as well? Either way I find it odd that the cases were heard yesterday. Anyone follow where I am coming from? I went and looked to see if an appeal was filed but nothing, the only thing I noticed is that 2 of the cases have not been updated.

[/B][/COLOR]

The case #SC10-1989 is not an appeal, it is a writ of habeas corpus filed with the FL Supreme Court for all 8 of Misty's drug trafficking charges. It appears on all of her charges because it pertains to them. There is a thread on it here somewhere.

Here is the link to view the docket. You will have to do a search.

http://jweb.flcourts.org/pls/docket/ds_docket_search

Misty has an appeal on file with the Fifth District Court of Appeal for her St. Johns County charge.

Here is the link to view the docket. You will have to do a search.

http://199.242.69.70/pls/ds/ds_docket_search?pscourt=5

Since she has been sentenced in Putnam Co. I expect the appeals to show up soon for those charges.

I hope that clears things up for you!

I have been following this case since the begining, I'm hoping something or someone breaks really soon. I was watching the NG show from the other day and she was interviewing the Dunn girls mother and she made a comment about her poly she said something like they told her not to take any meds before hand. So with that comment what wuld the meds do to a poly? If Ron, Misty, Tommy and anyone eles that took a poly and failed could the meds they were taking have something to do with it and would a new poly without drugs help to find this baby?
Thanks anyone that can help me to undertsand.

I agree with your humble opinion. Back in earlier days, we talked about Timmy and Tommy, and speculated if they were involved or not, but most of us had pretty much ruled Tommy out, especially after the fight and the dead rat. Now, Tommy is the only one LE has called a suspect.

I do believe LE knows more than we do, but I don't believe they knew back at the beginning what they know now. As much as I personally might not mind a few select people being beaten down until they talk, there are laws against it, and they're there for good reasons.

Thanks, I have no solid theory, because absolutely none of it makes sense to me. Just trying to throw little clarity in here.

I hope to God they know more now than they did in the beginning, because if they don't, no one is ever going to be charged and Haleigh will never have any justice.

I have been following this case since the begining, I'm hoping something or someone breaks really soon. I was watching the NG show from the other day and she was interviewing the Dunn girls mother and she made a comment about her poly she said something like they told her not to take any meds before hand. So with that comment what wuld the meds do to a poly? If Ron, Misty, Tommy and anyone eles that took a poly and failed could the meds they were taking have something to do with it and would a new poly without drugs help to find this baby?
Thanks anyone that can help me to undertsand.

Since the polygraph measure's the body's reaction to questions, (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) any medication that alters those would have an impact on the polygraph. At least that's the way I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa