2008.12.19 Casey's Request to Search in Secret

http://www.wftv.com/news/16991834/detail.html

"I would like the opportunity to have my client take me to where she says she took the police. I would like to have my client take me to everywhere she has been over the last several weeks," Baez said"

Baez wanted Casey to take him to
1) Where she took LE and
2) Everywhere she has been over the past few weeks

Places she took LE:

Sawgrass Apartments
The supposed apartment complex Zanny's Mom lived
Universal Studios

Places she was in June 16 to July 15:

TL's apartment
Fusion
Target Stores
Publix
JP's/Ricardo's apartment
Jesse's place
Tatoo Parlor
Amscot (abandoned the car)
Blockbuster
JC Penny
Waterford Ale House
Various other friends homes
The Movie theatre (2x iirc)
Bank of America
Driving to and from the Anthony home to take stuff

I know I've missed some places....

Where would Baez and Casey's Walkabout have taken them?
Mind you it would be easy to Scratch OFF some places since according to Casey's cellphone Pings she never left Orlando

Sawgrass Apartments
Fusion
Target stores
TL's apartment
JP's/Ricardo's apartment
Jesse's place
Amscot
Blanchard Park
The Beach
Disney
Universal
Tampa(Hard Rock, Busch Gardens...)
Jacksonville

Snipped and BBM

Thanks for the list. It really puts things in perspective. Considering the fact that KC never left Orlando and even put in her police statement that Zenaida didn't explain why Caylee was no longer in Orlando (in a lousy attempt to throw off police) really shows that she didn't look for Caylee. Not once.

This is JMO but I think the whole "retracing her steps" thing is a ruse. They were all quite paranoid at that time about phones being bugged and being followed, etc. As sick as it is, I"m guessing that casey wanted to get in the car with JB, drive past the remains site on suburban, and just point sneakily to where the remains were and JB would take care of getting rid of the body later. I'm guessing they would've just driven around randomly to those other places to keep up the impression that they were retracing her steps in case they were followed. It wouldn't look weird if they drove down suburban at that point in time, and required casey to actually point out the spot to avoid the search later by DC. That's why she couldn't just tell someone where the body was, it was too hard to pinpoint exactly, and only she would know. Taking Suburban to get to those other so-called "places of interest" was the real goal, in my own very cynical opinion.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16991834/detail.html

"I would like the opportunity to have my client take me to where she says she took the police. I would like to have my client take me to everywhere she has been over the last several weeks," Baez said"

Baez wanted Casey to take him to
1) Where she took LE and
2) Everywhere she has been over the past few weeks

Places she took LE:

Sawgrass Apartments
Universal Studios

Places she was in June 16 to July 15:

TL's apartment
Fusion
Target Stores
Publix
JP's/Ricardo's apartment
Jesse's place
Tatoo Parlor
Amscot (abandoned the car)
Blockbuster
JC Penny
Waterford Ale House
Various other friends homes
The Movie theatre (2x iirc)
Bank of America
Driving to and from the Anthony home to take stuff

I know I've missed some places....

RBBM, only a couple that I can think of Intermezzo:

- Her car
- Her parent's garage and IMO backyard
- Brian Burner's house
- A heavily-overgrown trash dumping spot on Suburban Ave. :sick:

On page 13 number #4 states "The Defense believes the Defendant's ability to to visit key points of interest in this case will allow greater efforts in helping to assist with the search of missing child, Caylee Anthony"

IIRC ICA stated that she went to Fusion looking for clues for her daughter because "Zanny" was known to frequent there ...so imo the defense is requesting that the defendant be allowed to visit "key points of interest" and as stated in number 5 - was to be kept out of public knowledge - So my question or comment was - did she want to go back to Fusion?

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/1006/17636252.pdf

Good question chckmate22. Go back to Fusion! Good call! I did a bump on this from 2 years ago as I remembered all the places Baez wanted to take Casey "In Private". Many of the great posters have not been here from the "beginning". Glad this topic is bringing out the memories. Off topic, my 6 year old Grandson just walked in, put his arms around me, said "your the best, Grandma". Off to hug him and tuck him into bed:)

bbm

That's what really burned me up! If Casey was supposedly soooooo concerned and wanted to search her secret places but she was confined to jail, home or his office, why didn't Jose have an explanation why she couldn't just tell someone where Caylee was? Why couldn't she at least give more than the "hints" she gave her family? I know, the media...family can't visit with any privacy...she's afraid to tell...blah, blah, blah!! I have more questions for Jose than I do for Casey! Despite her lying, she was/is an open book ...not an original thought in her head.

And the whole privacy thing never held water with me. If a child is missing, then privacy be damned - who in the world makes that a priority if they have valuable info? What WAS Casey going to do that no one else could do, and why didn't she do it during the 31 day "investigation"?

I hadn't remembered that Jose had said back on July 25, 2008 that he wanted Casey to be allowed to "retrace her steps" with him. This was the same day Casey had her first family visits: 1 hour with Lee at noon and then almost 2 hours with her parents until 2:45 pm. At 4:34 pm on the same day (July 25), Jose met with Casey for 2 1/2 hours at the jail and then met with some OCSO officers and asked them if there was a possibility to get "use immunity" if Casey made another statement regarding Caylee's whereabouts. (This request was referenced in a 7/29/08 email from LDB to JB.)

Something was definitely going on that day....:waitasec:

Do you see that as a signal that Baez definitely knows she did it?

This is JMO but I think the whole "retracing her steps" thing is a ruse. They were all quite paranoid at that time about phones being bugged and being followed, etc. As sick as it is, I"m guessing that casey wanted to get in the car with JB, drive past the remains site on suburban, and just point sneakily to where the remains were and JB would take care of getting rid of the body later. I'm guessing they would've just driven around randomly to those other places to keep up the impression that they were retracing her steps in case they were followed. It wouldn't look weird if they drove down suburban at that point in time, and required casey to actually point out the spot to avoid the search later by DC. That's why she couldn't just tell someone where the body was, it was too hard to pinpoint exactly, and only she would know. Taking Suburban to get to those other so-called "places of interest" was the real goal, in my own very cynical opinion.

Isn't Suburban a dead end? I thought it ended just past the entrance to the school. If I'm right, there would be no reason to make a right onto Suburban from Hopespring if they were going to check the other places. JMO....

Do you see that as a signal that Baez definitely knows she did it?

He knows she did it like we know she did it, but I get what you mean. If so, however, he is a worse attorney than I calculated, because he continued not to counter the evidence at hand, rather to devise stories in which another perp is out there. Knowing that not to be true, in my mind, makes him complicite in obstructing justice for Caylee and for his client, who could be well underway in serving a sentence of under 25 years on a plea.

After Baez made that initial request for the private tour, in his meeting with the OCSO officers he may have been informed that these officers had more than reason to believe she knew well where the victim was, without any tour. At that point in the discussion, the possibility of a use immunity bargain could have been suggested. We know Baez did take that offer to his client and that there was ample time provided for her to consider it. She refused the offer, which ran into August.

I think that she said that because #1, it would make her look look a caring mother, #2 because she just wanted out of there, even for just a bit, possibly to try to talk with Tony.

I hadn't remembered that Jose had said back on July 25, 2008 that he wanted Casey to be allowed to "retrace her steps" with him. This was the same day Casey had her first family visits: 1 hour with Lee at noon and then almost 2 hours with her parents until 2:45 pm. At 4:34 pm on the same day (July 25), Jose met with Casey for 2 1/2 hours at the jail and then met with some OCSO officers and asked them if there was a possibility to get "use immunity" if Casey made another statement regarding Caylee's whereabouts. (This request was referenced in a 7/29/08 email from LDB to JB.)

Ahhh brings back so many memories of the delusional Mr. Baez. Anyone remember the hearing where he asked "hypothetically" if someone were getting married, could she get out of jail to attend?

He quickly backtracked and was so upset saying it was just a hypothetical!

I wonder if that was within the same timeframe?

Ahhh brings back so many memories of the delusional Mr. Baez. Anyone remember the hearing where he asked "hypothetically" if someone were getting married, could she get out of jail to attend?

He quickly backtracked and was so upset saying it was just a hypothetical!

I wonder if that was within the same timeframe?

After thinking about it and not being able to find a link, I think it's more likely she was already out on bail but restricted as to where she could travel.

ITA about KC wanting to "search in secret", so that she could remonve the duct tape and any other incriminating evidence. You hit the nail on the head IrishInMe!!!!

IMO there was no reason for her to "search". She knew exactly where she dumped her baby girls body. All she had to do was tell her atty or anyone else for that matter where she was, but no she left her laying out in the weather, not caring what happened to her. She can't even use the excuse she wanted to show JB where it was, all she had to do was say it. Since it was a childhood hangout she could have told her brother. This is one sick/selfish person.

ITA. And I think this is probably around the time they were already shopping Caylee pictures and such to the media. Can't have the baby's remains found and stop the money train before it started. I think Jose was really worried about that and wanted, as someone else said, to drive Casey by where the remains were so DC or someone else could get rid of them later. He definitely signed on for the money here, and he wasn't going to get any money if Caylee's remains were found. Thankfully, OSCO nixed that in the bud! And look what happened not longer after her remains were found - Casey was declared indigent, and the money train came to a screaming halt. I bet Jose regrets everyday that he didn't get to those remains first.

this is just such a disgusting thing to think about. I'm quite sure you're right, but the thought JB would do that, why would he do that? as a human being I mean. I dont get it cause what does he win? nothing, but he loses his soul. I dont understand, nor will I ever, what he saw in casey that he couldnt see in caylee.

IMO Casey, as we know, was kept under the thumb of Cindy for almost all of her life. Cindy was as over bearing as a mother could be, and Casey resented her to the point of hate. Casey was tasting something before she killed Caylee, IMO, that she never had...freedom and acting like a 17 year old with no restrictions, morals, and no one looking over her shoulder telling her what she should and should not do. Evidence of this was some of the phone calls Casey got from Cindy, telling her it was time to come home. Casey was 21 and she still had her mother telling her when she had to come home. This shows the control Cindy had to have over the family.

Once Casey figured out she could enjoy what she called freedom, she liked it....a lot. The only problem was the " 2 year old ball and chain" keeping her firmly tied to Cindy, and god forbid, maturity. This is what got Caylee murdered IMO, and Cindy and George were to be next IMO.

When Casey was out on bond, did she search.....NO!....so what did she do? She spent 8 hours a day at her Baez's office doing what she did, more or less, before she was arrested. Spending time on the internet...and maybe some other things I can't and won't mention, because there is no proof.

Casey wanted out so she could enjoy some more of this "freedom"...nothing more. In no way would she search for Caylee. She might have spent some time at some vigils....but search?...NO...She knew once she got to prison...her chances of leaving again to do internet, drinking, and boys, would be lost forever.

*snort

the title of this thread makes me laugh now, just like when JB made that REDONKULUS request way back then. How idiotic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back