GUILTY VA - Alexander Ernandes, 19, Rocky Mount, 20 January 2011

The "buzz" on the motive is that Tommy used to date a girl that Alex was currently dating. People are saying that may have had something to do with it.

Jealousy is a powerful emotion. Add guns and testosterone to that and this is what happens. :(

I just wonder who really thinks in this day and age that they can say, "I left him in Wal-Mart at 1:45" when video cameras are everywhere. I'm just that's how they zeroed in on him - when they reported earlier that they were reviewing video from the shopping center.

how tragic, my goodness, what is the world coming to?

I knew the friend was suspicious but I was leaning more towards him being killed for his beliefs. Tommy is on his friends list on myspace and appears to share those beliefs so that does not appear to have been the motive here. Probably was just a girl.

Sometimes things are just what they appear to be.

I knew the friend was suspicious but I was leaning more towards him being killed for his beliefs. Tommy is on his friends list on myspace and appears to share those beliefs so that does not appear to have been the motive here. Probably was just a girl.

Sometimes things are just what they appear to be.

Both pages seem to have gone private. Can you summarize what was said? Thanks.

I just wonder who really thinks in this day and age that they can say, "I left him in Wal-Mart at 1:45" when video cameras are everywhere. I'm just that's how they zeroed in on him - when they reported earlier that they were reviewing video from the shopping center.

No kidding...I don't like Walmart but I do appreciate how many crimes have been solved due to the lack of brain power of some of the criminals/customers we've seen I don't know how many times...seems like commit a crime, run to Walmart, or going to commit a crime, Walmart run...

This is just sickening though, whatever motive the guy felt he had.

This is so sad. There are so many yellow ribbons for Alex among the perp's friends on facebook. Seems as though they might have been pretty good friends with a lot of friends in common. Jealousy over a girl seems very likely. If only these kids could understand that those boy/girl things will pass. :(

A first-degree murder charge against Jerrold "Tommy" Greene III for shooting former friend Alexander Charles Ernandes in January was certified after a preliminary hearing today and will be sent to the next grand jury.

During the hearing at Franklin County General District Court in Rocky Mount, Investigator Justin Sigmon revealed a motive in the shooting: Greene, 20, confessed he shot Ernandes, 19, because he believed he caused Greene's girlfriend to have a miscarriage.

Eventually Greene said he shot Ernandes seven times for making Greene's girlfriend lose their unborn son.

Greene told investigators that months before the shooting, Ernandes hit his girlfriend in her stomach when she "thought she might be pregnant," Sigmon said. Soon after, he said she suffered what she thought was a miscarriage. Greene told investigators it had been on his mind ever since.

Read more: http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/281807

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Tim Allen, who is prosecuting the case, said the first-degree murder charge was upgraded to capital murder because the circumstances fit the requirement for a capital murder charge.

"This gives us a few more options as to what we can or can't do in regards to punishment," said Allen. "The death penalty is on the table."

During a preliminary hearing for Greene in March, Investigator Justin Sigmon with the Franklin County Sheriff's Office, testified that Greene told investigators he shot Ernandes because Ernandes had punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and caused her to miscarry.

Greene said he shot Ernandes five times in the back, reloaded his .45 caliber handgun and shot Ernandes two more times in the head, Sigmon said.

After being shot in the back and falling to the ground, Ernandes looked up at Greene and asked "Why?" Sigmon said Greene responded "This is for my dead son."

Read more: http://www.thefranklinnewspost.com/article.cfm?ID=18989

----------------

What a terrible waste of both of these young men's lives. :(

All we read about Alex is good ... it doesn't seem like he would deliberately hit a girl who thinks she might be pregnant by his friend and cause her to possibly have a miscarriage, she thinks. Nothing like cold, hard facts, folks.

Well, we KNOW Alex is dead. And I, for one, KNOW that Tommy, himself, has most likely killed ALL the rest of his sons and his daughters when he killed Alex.

I wonder if the girlfriend went to the doctor to determine if she had been pregnant and miscarried? Can a physical examination determine that?

Hats off to West Point! They gave Alex in death what he had so badly wanted in life.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back