GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
he says he had a daily 1000 break... perhaps he swung home on his break after not getting a hold of her?

just a thought...

One article said the dog was still outside - so maybe someone did force their way in. If that's the case she must have already had her coat and shoes on - an abductor probably wouldn't let you grab your coat first.

he says he had a daily 1000 break... perhaps he swung home on his break after not getting a hold of her?

just a thought...

If you watch the video from last night the reporter says he came home at 10:30, his normal time, and found she wasn't there. To me that indicates perhaps he did get daily breaks, maybe didn't work far and would go home at those times. I wonder how close his work is to the home.

just a thought...
I think he said he always called her at 10:00 on his morning break. So she probably normally would be waiting for his call.

So, okay, about the dog. I wonder how big it is. I just wonder if she was getting ready to go outside to feed and/or get the dog from a fenced area, walked outside and ??? That doesn't explain the doors being locked - but maybe that was her habit. But then she would need her keys? I've seen no mention about her keys - wallet/ID yes, purse yes, but no keys.

Praying she is alive and well and comes home soon.

I keep thinking about Susan Powell...door to her house was also locked, wallet and purse was there, no vehicle at home...

I guess I need clarifiction on the work issues....
has a break everyday at 10 - did he just call her or come home everyday?
wonder what kind of job would let you leave and go home everyday on break - that is usually considered on company time so a liability if something happened.

I call my dh everyday when I drop the kids off....but I don't think he would be alarmed after only 30 minutes....and depending on when he did actually call the police, maybe he wasn't alarmed until 4/10....

no one answered the door around 0900-ish when the cousin stopped by... this certainly narrows the time frame to

0720-0900 ((and I do not find the husband hinky at this time but would rather take the last seen from the boys just for caution's sake))

Nurse, where did you see that a cousin stopped by? I haven't been able to find that. If that's the case, I sure hope LE has checked out the alibi of the cousin in the event Amy WAS there when they stopped by. I'm sure they have, though... probably one of the first things they would have done.

snipped.......

James says he knew something was wrong when he called home around 10:00 am as he always did, but got no answer. When he drove home, his wife was gone, her driver's license and purse left behind.
“I thought maybe a friend stopped over and she went with them and would be right back, so I went for a ride to see her uptown and I come back and she still wasn't here and I knew if she wasn't back by the time the kids got off the bus something was definitely wrong,” said James.
James and family friends say it's not like Amy to leave without telling anyone and they say she would never miss greeting her two children after school.
[/URL]

why would he come home in the middle of the morning to check on her? Sure I talk to my husband daily and he's off one week day that I am not and yes, I'll call him at home, but if he didn't answer I wouldn't think anything of it - maybe all day long, but not from 7:30 to 10am.....that's really odd.

None of this sounds right to me. Reminds me of Lori Blaylock in Bend, OR. It's interesting how the husband not only puts himself at the house but also "driving around" during the hours that she went missing. I'm obsessed these days with cell phone pings in these cases. IF he did something, he now has a story to match anywhere he might have gone... even being back at the house mid-morning, which sounds off to me.

JMHO

I dunno.....why did he go home so quickly to check on her? He started calling her at 10 - several times - and went home to check on her by 10:30. That's only 30 minutes.

If I had no car my husband would be panicking if he couldn't get a hold of me for 30 minutes! He would probably be on his way after 15 min lol! I don't find that odd at all in a loving/close relationship. No hink for me at this point.

I take showers, blow dry my hair, clean the house, turn the music on loud, vacuum, walk the dog, shovel the walk outside - do lots of things that keep me from answering the phone. My husband would not come running home looking for me if he could not get me on the phone for thirty minutes.

Just some info. on the township...From Wiki...This is a VERY small community and appears to be very spread apart:

"As of the census of 2000, there were 3,159 people, 1,095 households, and 830 families residing in the township. The population density was 93.7 per square mile (36.2/km²). There were 1,183 housing units at an average density of 35.1/sq mi."

It was reported that:

A cousin who stopped by the couple’s home between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Monday told Henslee no one answered the door when he knocked.

This would indicate that IF Amy was last seen by her children at 7:20, and IF the cousin did stop by and no one answered, Amy would have had to disappear between 7:20 a.m. and 9:00/9:30 a.m. (approx. 1 1/2 hours to 2 hour timeframe).

Questions: Whose cousin stopped by (Amy or James cousin)? Why did the cousin stop by? Did the cousin notice anything abnormal other than Amy not answering?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/husband_of_missing_hartford_to.html

James, who works as a welder not far from where they live, said he called the house phone several hours later to check in with his wife who is a stay at home mother.

Their two sons were at school.

When his calls went unanswered, Henslee's husband drove home from work to find that the house was still locked, but his wife was gone. She did not have access to a vehicle and left her purse with all her identification at home.

"We always check in, we're close, it's not like her not to answer the phone or tell me if she was going out to run an errand," said James Henslee.

Family and friends were alerted, and they tried reaching out to other family and friends, but nobody had heard from her.

Amy's parents and friends live nearby and did not get a call.

"She's always home when the kids get off that bus, it doesn't make sense" he said.

Amy did not have a cell phone and didn't have access to a car.

also says multiple agencies are now involved

http://fwix.com/grandrapids/share/e2e663c358/police_search_for_missing_woman_in_van_buren_county

I am really not suspecting the husband either, but I would totally rule him out if:

It would state that LE has interviewed their two sons to say they saw Amy before they left for school.

What time did James arrive to work? Does he punch in??

I can understand James having a break at 10am but to leave work, after not being able to get ahold of her, and look for her uptown.. that is one of the things that has me questioning..

It is good to hear that their was no prior domestic violence in the relationship..

I just hope she is found alive... Prayers for the family.

I'm almost always home in the mornings but if my husband couldn't get in touch with me for 30 minutes he would not come home from work to check on me. He would just try calling again later. I suspect he would get worried after a couple of hours, not just 30 minutes.

I was about to say the same thing about my husband, but then I remembered there was a time when he wouldn't have waited ten minutes. That was when the boys were young and I was going through a serious depression. If I had not answered the phone after about the second try, he would have been on his way home to make sure I hadn't decided to harm myself. I wasn't aware of being that depressed at the time; I thought he was just a worrywart.

Not saying that Amy was depressed or anything, necessarily, but if he's the easily worried kind, I can see how he might do something like come home to check. Especially if he didn't work very far from home. And especially considering that she didn't have a car.

I take showers, blow dry my hair, clean the house, turn the music on loud, vacuum, walk the dog, shovel the walk outside - do lots of things that keep me from answering the phone. My husband would not come running home looking for me if he could not get me on the phone for thirty minutes.

I do all that too, but assuming they really did talk every day on his break I can see how this would concern him. They have been married 12 years. I've been with my husband 25 years and we have a total routine. It would be totally out of character for me not to answer his call if I did every day. Now, saying that, it is typical for the husband to be suspect for sure. We read about it every day. I'm just saying the coming home doesn't seem odd to me if they had a very close relationship.

Phone records (landline) will be looked at I hope, for the weeks leading up to this.

I asked this before, but haven't read anything about it in any articles, whether they have a computer with internet access at home.

I was in a previous relationship where checking in was expected and if I didn't answer the phone when he called or I was gone from the house for too long he assumed I was cheating on him. Of course the relationship didn't last long after I realized what the heck his problem was... insecurity big time!

Not saying that was an issue with Amy just saying there are many different reasons for the "close" relationship a husband has or needs with his spouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong