GUILTY CA - Tarquin Thomas for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, San Mateo, 2007

Thank you for that, Mercyneal. One does wonder what was going on in 2009. I'm curious as to why Thomas did not post bail. Is it 10% of the total in California? I had the impression that the man had accrued a degree of wealth. He did own two homes, after all. One would think that he had some equity or assets somewhere. Maybe he felt safer in jail as some of the Mohler men seem to be.

And I know I sound like a broken record here but why no mug shot? This man is now convicted of 21 counts of sex abuse. Doesn't the county and LE want his picture out in public view? With the children he seemed to reel in, I'm doubtful that their families always knew of his involvement. I'd like to think that neighbors and the children at the local YMCA and Boys and Girls Clubs could have a ready reminder of his face. I've never even seen a physical description. If I had a young son in San Mateo, who'd attended a program of some sort, I'd want to know what this man looks like!!

Thank you again.

Over at the William Ayres blog, someone posted a comment in response to another poster's praise of Aaron Fitzgerald nailing Tarquin Thomas. Here's the comment:https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5166908879185923782&postID=1728836256975241504

Anonymous said...
Although today’s news about the Thomas case is good news, I don’t know that I’d use that as the sole basis to hold Aaron Fitzgerald in high regard.

September 25, 2010 3:26 PM

Given the number of allegations against William Ayres IN THE SAME COUNTY, why is that man not in custody on a no-bail status? One has to wonder.

Does Thomas actually believe that the jury is going to find him insane as while these rapes were ongoing, he was working as a software designer, running a home photography studio, AND wracking up the awards for volunteering to help low income youth? Doesn't sound insane to me. Sounds perverted and highly motivated to hurt children.

I keep wondering if the Oregon child has legal recourse available to him concerning placement in Thomas' home. California would have done the homestudy and was responsible for the supervision of the child up until the time of his adoption. If there were red flags or if the child had previously reported anything to a case worker, the child (with an advocate) can sue San Mateo and the state of California. The court seems willing to do the "right thing" with Thomas IMO, but not with Ayres. Being that Ayres contracted with the county to see children under the jurisdiction/protection of the county, is that the reason they keep holding up the Ayres trial? Maybe the floodgates would open. Are they waiting for the man to develop the dementia that he's been proven not to have? Are they waiting for senility or death? Very odd.

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...cing life in prison for molestation&id=142257

Foster dad facing life in prison for molestation

"The English software designer already found guilty of molesting young boys in his care while living in San Mateo had those 20 convictions compounded Monday with two dozen more, as jurors finished reading the verdicts reached last Friday and began a separate trial today to decide his sanity
Jurors convicted Tarquin Craig Thomas, 44, of 44 charges, and could not reach a verdict on an attempted kidnapping charge. The majority of the convictions were several variations of felony child molestation against three boys, including a foster child he was in the process of adopting. Thomas documented dozens of the acts in video footage and photographs discovered after his arrest..."

and

"...The multitude of convictions, coupled with special allegations of committing substantial sexual conduct and molesting more than one victim, means Thomas will receive a life sentence if jurors now determine he was sane. If not, he will be hospitalized until deemed sane at which time he can petition to be released as an outpatient....."

and

"Thomas remains in custody on no-bail status. The sanity phase begins Tuesday morning and is expected to last a few days."

more at link

I think Ayres has a lot of powerful connections and I think he has friends in high places keeping him from being held in jail and from being adequately prosecuted. He had years to build up all those connections.

And I have to wonder why no one has considered that possibility other than those of us on WS and on the Ayres blog?

The truth will come out. Are some in power just hoping that all the involved players grow old and die before it does?

And I have to wonder why no one has considered that possibility other than those of us on WS and on the Ayres blog?

The truth will come out. Are some in power just hoping that all the involved players grow old and die before it does?

I believe that is exactly what they are hoping for. It breaks my heart that this is being allowed to happen. I hope someone uncovers who exactly is pulling the strings in that case.

Jesus, take the wheel (as Filly would say). I cannot believe this. If I was on the jury and had just found the man guilty of all these horrific crimes, they'd have to strap me down.

http://www.mercurynews.com/rss/ci_16211142?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Thomas testifies in sanity portion of molestation trial

"....Thomas told the jury that the encounters with his victims seemed as innocent as his own childhood sexual experiences with a peer. He recalled his childhood as being lonely, with few friends and many animals around him.

"Did you think it was wrong?" Keyes asked Thomas of the sex acts for which he was convicted.

"Kids don't come with a handbook," Thomas testified. "When it happened the first time, I just felt like it was the same that happened 30 years prior."

Thomas responded to questions about the nature of the photos by explaining that he tried to record each act once and wasn't interested in repetition.

"I'm very much a been-there-done-that kind of a person," he testified. "If I've done that before, what's the point?"

Thomas went on to tell the jury that two of his victims were often the instigators in their sexual relationship, stripping off his or their clothes and goading him to engage...."

more at link

(I'll be in a cold shower to settle down.)

What unmitigated gall! Not commenting further. I hope the jury can see through this utter and total BS.

Yes, Belinda, it does take gall. I can't imagine what he thought this jury would think after watching those tapes. Personally, I think he should get a stiffer sentence for lying. How I hope we soon see the exact same outcome for the Ayres' victims.

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-county/ci_16231199?source=rss

Convicted child molester found sane, faces lengthy prison sentence

"A software designer convicted of molesting three boys now faces the possibility of life in prison after a San Mateo County Superior Court jury found he was sane at the time he committed the crimes.

The jury took an hour to deliberate Friday and returned with a verdict that Tarquin Thomas, a native of England, was not insane with respect to all 44 charges of which he was convicted Monday, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.

Thomas testified in the sanity phase of the trial that the boys initiated much of the sexual conduct, and he hadn't known he was doing anything wrong.

"This one is in a special category of evil," Wagstaffe said after the jury's verdict. "We're pleased the jury took just one hour to say, 'You're lying, you knew what you were doing.'"

more at link

Finally, the man was sentenced. And quite a sentence it is:

http://www.smdailyjournal.com/artic...tle=108 years prison for San Mateo foster dad

"The San Mateo foster father who told jurors he didn’t know sexually abusing and videotaping graphic sex acts with young boys — including the 9-year-old ward he was adopting — was wrong will spend the rest of his life in prison even though a court-appointed doctor said probation was possible.

Tarquin Craig Thomas, 44, was sentenced to 108 years to life in prison on 44 felonies, essentially meaning he will die behind bars.

Defense attorney Richard Keyes asked for both a new trial and probation, both of which were denied. A doctor appointed to evaluate Thomas’ propensity to re-offend if released concluded he was amenable to probation...."

and

"....During the sanity phase, Thomas, who had not testified in the guilt portion, told jurors he was uneducated about sex as a child in England and later felt having sex with minors was no different than the same acts with an adult. He told jurors the three boys had instigated the sexual encounters and that he captured the acts on film and video because he photographed “everything.”

more at link

Being uneducated about sex as a child has no bearing on knowing right from wrong at 44 years old, imo.

What a crock.

The sentence should keep him locked up til he dies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back