TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.newswest9.com/Global/link.asp?L=471989

During the investigation into the whereabouts of Shawn Adkins and Billie Dunn during the time that Haleigh Dunn disappeared, it was determined by investigators that Shawn Adkins and Billie Dunn had made two withdrawals from a ATM machine in Synder, Scurry County Texas on Monday December 27 at 6:19PM and 6:20PM. The first withdrawal was for $60.00 and the second withdrawal was for $80.00. It was determined through the voluntary interview and voluntary admission of Billie Dunn that the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County, Texas. Dunn admitted that the illegal narcotics were for Adkins and herself.

Police Departments tape their interviews. Probably video tape them now.

I typed this because I can't seem to figure out hot to snapshot the PDF. :doh: So if I missed a comma or made a typo don't :slap: me. The link is there to check accuracy.

It seems that Hailey stayed with people but friends ever stayed with her.........
wonder why????
Was it the same for DD......seems like he was at a friends also.

It must be hard for BD to admit that for some reason she was in a fog Sunday through to Tuesday when she suddenly needed Hailey in her house. It sounds like a fog - doesn't quite remember. Now, were they "all home that Sunday", other than Hailey being seen out walking around town and maybe being at her Dad's? I only have the son seeing her Sunday night, then it starts to get BD foggy.

BD's fog is what I question. I still want to yell, "You didn't even talk to Hailey to see if she was really spending the night at MB's! It wasn't like it was a regular occurrence. So, I wish BD didn't sound so "scripted confused".
Yah i can't imagine not knowing what was really up w/ your daughter for sure for a day or two and then all of a sudden she's missing and you're like wanting her back and you can't remember details of what happened before.
And did her dad confirm whether or not she was at his house or not on Sunday during the day?
Why are there so many little details left out that we don't know about? :(
I'm sorry....i've been reading about Hailey's case since the beginning so i know what's going on...i just was quiet most of the time....but this case is so darn frustrating i don't think i could keep in my comments and questions anymore. :)

Just thinking about SA at work Monday morning. That seems to have been a mistake of some sort. I wonder if he hadn't meant to be seen. He stupidly goes in to get a drink (dry mouth---drugs? nervousness?) and OOPS...there's the boss. Not having planned for that, he turns around and walks out. He didn't have a story ready to account for being there and then leaving.

IF SA witnessed or committed a violent act on Sunday night, I think SA was in a state of shock when he arrived at work and couldn't talk. jmo

What really bothers me about this is when I read the affidavits, IIRC BD admitted that she withdrew the money from the ATM to buy illegal narcotics in Scurry county.
Did she say Scurry county or am I wrong?
TIA

The City of Snyder is in Scurry County and it's where BD and SA worked. It's also where BD's mother and brother live as well as other friends and relatives. Scurry County is a short distance up highway 208 from Mitchell County where Colorado City is located. Dunn is also a town in Scurry county and is located on Hwy 208 between Colorado City and Snyder.

So yes, she withdrew the money and bought the illegal narcotics in "Scurry County", which is another way of saying Snyder IMO. I don't understand why LE were tagging these areas by county instead of by the town or city. We've got 4 towns or cities in 3 different counties (Big Spring is in Howard County) involved here but they are not that far apart. Perhaps they figured they would get a better response on the polygraph by using a general area instead of a specific area.

HTH

It seems that Hailey stayed with people but friends ever stayed with her.........
wonder why????

I can answer that, I was raised in a very dysfunctional as well as abusive home and never had friends over...it was to embarassing to even think of your classmates or "friends" finding out how you really live. MOO

Good question...speaking of which (from your link)....do the bolded statements seem to contradict each other?

“We break down when we’re alone, my son and I both,” Billie Jean Dunn said, referring to Hailey’s 16-year-old brother, DD. “Break down and lose it, and sometimes you feel like you’re never gain your composure. It’s tough to stay strong in front of my son, but I do it.”

I remember thinking at the time, which is it? You break down with him, or when he isn't looking? I know it's nitpicking but it is one of many statement that have made me go :waitasec:

I take it to mean they both break down when they're alone, but I would bet they've both cried together a few times. I live in a small house, I can tell when someone is breaking down crying, without having to be in the same room with them. I think she means she tries not to break down in front of him, and maybe being a boy, he likes to do his crying in solitude.

Good question...speaking of which (from your link)....do the bolded statements seem to contradict each other?

“We break down when we’re alone, my son and I both,” Billie Jean Dunn said, referring to Hailey’s 16-year-old brother, DD. “Break down and lose it, and sometimes you feel like you’re never gain your composure. It’s tough to stay strong in front of my son, but I do it.”

I remember thinking at the time, which is it? You break down with him, or when he isn't looking? I know it's nitpicking but it is one of many statement that have made me go :waitasec:

BBM:
Not a conflict to me or a "head scratcher". Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. Makes sense to me, but that's JMO.

wonder why????

MB stayed at Hailey's house. IMO. MB's mom said so.

I take it to mean they both break down when they're alone, but I would bet they've both cried together a few times. I live in a small house, I can tell when someone is breaking down crying, without having to be in the same room with them. I think she means she tries not to break down in front of him, and maybe being a boy, he likes to do his crying in solitude.

I live in a small house too, I know what you are saying.

Thanks for clearing that up about the narcotics but in Scurry County.
Then on the I believe 3rd polygraph of SA he "makes a positive indication that Hailey can be located in Scurry county".
Did I get that right?
Is this some sort of Freudian slip?
He did say that LE should be looking at both he and BD.
Could she have been "loaned out" in Scurry county and not returned?
God, how can I even think such a thing?
I guess it's the whole Zahra Baker incident rolling around in my head.
Parents do things to their own children. It's a sickening fact.
I pray that this is not the case for Hailey!!!!!!
I may have to logoff and try to get a clearer head. I feel kinda ill:(

I had to go to Midland today from Lubbock and was keeping my eyes peeled on the sides of roads. While riding in the passenger seat near Draw and just 22 miles North of Lamesa, I saw a black trash bag with a blue sweat material sticking out. Not a big stuffed bag, just one sort of rolled with the clothing sticking out and it was not all dirty like it had been laying there a long time either. Should something like that be called in or are there any searches around Lamesa since it is quite a ways the other side of Big Spring?

I can answer that, I was raised in a very dysfunctional as well as abusive home and never had friends over...it was to embarassing to even think of your classmates or "friends" finding out how you really live. MOO

i am so sorry........

If SA is covering four BD, Billie could have spoken to SA & told him what to say to LE. JMO

Shawn is the main suspect. Why would he keep covering for Billie if she was involved, and risk going to prison for something she did? If she had any involvement in whatever happened, you can bet your boot he would have given her up by now, no doubt in my mind.

IF SA witnessed or committed a violent act on Sunday night, I think SA was in a state of shock when he arrived at work and couldn't talk. jmo

:waitasec::waitasec:That's a very good observation.
Since we know from the 911 calls in Feb of 2010 that he had a prescription for Klonopin which is often used to treat panic disorder, maybe he was running low and had to resort to buying something to calm him down illegally?
Why was BD helping him purchase these or was she taking the "illegal narcotics" also?
My head hurts.
What is up with Scurry county? Round and round it goes in my brain
I don't think that was a simple slip of the tongue, IMOO.

Shawn is the main suspect. Why would he keep covering for Billie if she was involved, and risk going to prison for something she did? If she had any involvement in whatever happened, you can bet your boot he would have given her up by now, no doubt in my mind.

I disagree. :seeya: IMO Shawn will keep quiet to cover for himself. He can't rat out BD if he's the main perp. moo

At first I thought this was striking and important. After hearing more about the household, I'm not so sure BD not checking in to see where HD was is that shocking.

What is important is whether or not HD actually told SA this (which would be her lie--so where did she really go) or whether this is SA's lie.

Another option is BD told SA what to do and say.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member