TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me: ETA: Dang! As soon as I think of what may have happened, I remember something else that makes me doubt what I just said: all that reading material, pre-teen stuff, etc. :(

Have you read about Karla Homolka & her husband Paul Bernardo and what was done to Karla's sister?

O/T

Press Conference on HLN right now about little Juliani. It does seem that his body has been found.

RIP Juliani and God Bless and comfort his mother, grandmother and family.

LE States that during voluntary interviews that Billie Dunn voluntarily told LE that the reason for the two withdrawals at 6:19/6:20pm on the 27th were for her to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry Co.
Billie states that they went to the ATM near the hospital and made the two withdrawals for the simple fact that she was low on cash..and that the only place they went was to her mother’s home in north Snyder where they arrived at approx.6:30 to “see if she needed anything”and then left and went directly home..That they were back at 1804 Chestnut at 7:30 and went to bed at 9pm..**note**this has been a consistent flag for me almost from the beginning in that this window of time{after buying drugs in Scurry to bedtime}has ALWAYS BEEN CLEARLY GLOSSED OVER WITH ZERO DETAIL OR INFO TO BE PUT IN THAT WINDOW OF TIME..IT HAS REMAINED THE WINDOW OF TIME THAT SHE NEVER FILLED IN THE BLANKS..NOT EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT..Got home 7:30 to boom in bed at 9pm..EVERYTIME!
Thank you thank you thank you SmoothOperator -- that is good stuff. I, too, have noticed the "glossing over" of this particular part myself. AND what's more, she NEVER addresses where Shawn was on Tuesday the 28th. She just tells when he left the house and when he came back.

Every other part of her timeline seems to be filled in with something except these 2 things.

Hmmmmm.

Edited to add: And what about BD getting home that Tuesday and seeing the text from her phone to MB's? Didn't she mention that somewhere, at some point? It is missing from her timeline....

I did a comparison of many of the inconsistencies.. Here they are:
A List of the Inconsistencies/Lies/Distinct Differences between what LE have stated{thru court docs/affidavits}and what Billie Dunn has stated today as well as in print has a Timeline of the Events according to her..Let’s look..some are minor..some not so much..and some are major..
~LE states on December 27 that Adkins arrived at work at 6am..went into breakroom..purchased a DR.P and came face to face with his supervisor..without speaking one word he walks past the supervisor and he leaves WSI at 6:10am
~Billie states today that Shaun went to work on December 27 at 6am to quit his job..cleaned out his locker..turn in his coveralls..and left around 6:30am
~LE states that Shawn Adkins had firmly said that he ONLY WENT STRAIGHT AND DIRECTLY To his mom’s house in Big Spring and that he did not return to CCity after leaving work at 6:10am.. Along with that LE stated that Adkins cell phone pings showed that he was infact in/around 1804 Chestnut during the time of 6:38am-6:56am as his phone was pinging there during those times. The last ping at 6:56 came from that location and then all pinging ceased completely and did not have any activity nor pings whatsoever until at 9:38am when Adkins phone pinged in Big Spring indicating he was at his mom’s residence.
~Billie states today that Shawn did not go directly to Big Spring but instead after Adkins left WSI he went to his grandmother’s home in the Dunn area. He knocked at Grandma’s and “they” did not answer. At that time Shawn got back in the vehicle and drove the way of I20 to get to Big Spring to his mom’s house..That he did not come back to Ccity and that he arrived at his mom’s residence before 8am as his mom had not yet left for work{which supposedly she leaves at 8am}
~LE states that Shawn Adkins phone continued to ping in the exact spot{mom’s house in Big Spring} from 9:38am when it mysteriously picked back up from having last pinged at 6:56 in CCity.. From 9:38am until 2:40pm Shawn Adkins phone consistently pinged from Big Spring as well as a flurry of 11 phone calls during that same period of time. LE per the affidavit has Adkins in Big Spring until atleast 2:40pm on the 27th.
~Billie states that Shawn left Big Spring before 2pm and was home at 3:00 where he encountered Hailey for a brief 15mins before she left saying that she was going to dad’s for a little bit and then to a friends to spend the night..{obviously if LE have Adkins in Big Spring until atleast 2:40 per his cell phone pings..it would not even be possible for Shawn to have arrived home to see Hailey for 15mins..be given the msg to give to mom..and to witness her leaving Chestnut at 3:15pm of the 27th..NOT WITH HIM IN BIG SORING AT 2:40PM ON THE 27TH}

~LE States that during voluntary interviews that Billie Dunn voluntarily told LE that the reason for the two withdrawals at 6:19/6:20pm on the 27th were for her to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry Co.
~Billie states that they went to the ATM near the hospital and made the two withdrawals for the simple fact that she was low on cash..and that the only place they went was to her mother’s home in north Snyder where they arrived at approx.6:30 to “see if she needed anything”and then left and went directly home..That they were back at 1804 Chestnut at 7:30 and went to bed at 9pm..**note**this has been a consistent flag for me almost from the beginning in that this window of time{after buying drugs in Scurry to bedtime}has ALWAYS BEEN CLEARLY GLOSSED OVER WITH ZERO DETAIL OR INFO TO BE PUT IN THAT WINDOW OF TIME..IT HAS REMAINED THE WINDOW OF TIME THAT SHE NEVER FILLED IN THE BLANKS..NOT EVEN JUST A LITTLE BIT..Got home 7:30 to boom in bed at 9pm..EVERYTIME!
~LE states that DD arrived home to mom’s at approx. 4pm on Monday the 27th..And all doors to the home were locked. DD banged on the door for 5mins and got no answer whatsoever..at that point DD entered the home thru a window at which time he saw Adkins in the Hallway with a “deer caught in the headlights” look. This was stated by Clint Dunn having been told by DD..Too which Billie confirmed that she was told this exact events as well by DD
~Billie states that DD arrived home between 4-5pm with a friend and after knoking for a few mins that he reached thru a broken glass{supposedly previously had benn broken by Hailey with a basketball}and DD unlocked the door and let himself and the friend into their home. They saw Shawn coming out of Billie’s room and they all said their “Hey what’s ups” and DD/friend went to DD’s room and Adkins went back to their room to watch TV..**note**noticeably absent is the important detail of what DD described as Adkins demeanor”deer caught in headlights” and instead was replaced with an exchange of pleasantries between 3 dudes..not good IMO
~LE states that Hailey never made it to either destination that she supposedly gave Adkins that she was en route to upon leaving 1804 Chestnut..Neither Clint’s house..nor MB’s house..
~Billies states and places in her Timeline that NS stated that Hailey had come over that afternoon{27th} but did not spend the night as well as Billie states and places in her Timeline a “valid” sighting from a woman who had shown Billie her receipt from Redbox dated the 27th at 8:36pm and stating at that time she had seen Hailey..an unknown boy..and MB..**note** when LE have already stated that Hailey never even made it to MB’s house..nor was there ever any proof that Hailey was planning to even go to MB’s on the 27th..MB denies seeing..speaking..nor even texting with Hailey on the 27th

thank you for taking the time to list them out.
I agree why can't SA and BD get their time-line straight? Why is their big gaps of time left out?

As I read these timeline critiques I try to keep in mind that the stuff about what Shawn did/went is what he has told Billie and she is relaying to us. She has no first hand knowledge of most of it as she was at work.

Is she crazy to believe what he says? Maybe.....probably! But she is only relaying what he has told her. IMO

and why is she relaying what he has told her? Why can't he do his own relaying? Or his lawyer? Or his mother? Or somebody other than the mother of a missing girl in which he is the suspect of a criminal investigation.

and why is she relaying what he has told her? Why can't he do his own relaying? Or his lawyer? Or his mother? Or somebody other than the mother of a missing girl in which he is the suspect of a criminal investigation.
That would be nice wouldn't it? But since he isn't talking I guess it is left for Billie to do. At least IMO that is what she is thinking.

Found this article with Kamper's reply to BD's presser re: "disturbing" that there was "no sense of urgency" in talking to people who could have information about Hailey.

City Manager Pete Kampfer said contacting and interviewing witnesses is part of the ongoing investigation, and he wasn't sure whom Dunn was saying they neglected.

"We're interviewing and focusing on a lot of different people," he said. "It does take time to go through a lot of people."

Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said law enforcement would not identify persons of interest without probable cause. They are in the process of narrowing down the list by eliminating those that are cleared through the investigation.

He said there is no use naming anybody who has potential to be taken off that list.

"As far as persons of interest," he said, "we interview those people and go in and try to eliminate whether or not they are a suspect."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/31/dunns-mom-questions-case/

I don't have any probably with her relaying what he has told her because she did the same for DD. Part of what she can find out where Hailey is has to come from what she has been told by others.

Well, I watched Billie's PC and I appreciate her giving the effort. I think she has been conned by SA though...hook line and sinker. I want to know where he was Tuesday and what he was doing while he was supposedly at werk.

I hope Hailey is alive somewhere. But one has to wonder. I do wish someone (CD) would hit the Dallas area for superbowl in case she is being used in the sex trade. Makes as much sense to me as him going to the border. I feel guilty for not doing it - but I have a job and 3 kids.

BILLIE - lots o' media here in Dallas right now - maybe passing out fliers here should be covered. Anybody that thinks I'm way off, fine, but it's worth a shot.

I do believe Brad Dennis of KlassKids is there with Hailey's flyers.

I don't have any probably with her relaying what he has told her because she did the same for DD. Part of what she can find out where Hailey is has to come from what she has been told by others.

SA is old enough to speak for himself. Having a lawyer does not mean you are not allowed to speak to police or to the public, for that matter. If these are all just little misunderstandings, about his job, his phone, his whereabouts, his lies to police, well then he should explain it all since he "loves Hailey with all of this heart."

SA is old enough to speak for himself. Having a lawyer does not mean you are not allowed to speak to police or to the public, for that matter. If these are all just little misunderstandings, about his job, his phone, his whereabouts, his lies to police, well then he should explain it all since he "loves Hailey with all of this heart."

Couldn't agree anymore, hiding behind the lawyer is not a good sign.

SA was named a suspect. NO lawyer allows their client to talk. LE knew that when they named him a suspect. I still have no problem with Billie giving what she was told. It is part of her timeline. jmo

I'm thinking that as well at this point.

I originally had thought that if SA did anything then it was violent and one of his sick fantasies. I am now moving more towards strangulation or giving her something that she OD'd on or had a bad reaction to (similar to what I think happened with Natalie Holloway). I think if there had been a violent scene like we imagined awhile back, that LE would have found more evidence by now.

JMHO

ETA: Dang! As soon as I think of what may have happened, I remember something else that makes me doubt what I just said: all that reading material, pre-teen stuff, etc. :(

I think there is a bloody crime scene somewhere---but not @ Chestnut St or at mama's or grama's. There is reportedly a lot of land owned by SA's family throughout the area, hunting land. And there is also at least one abandoned home owned by his family. I HOPE those places, and any wells and cellars have been looked at already.

I was just looking around at different transcripts trying to find where/if BD says she saw a text message on her phone to MB on the day Hailey went missing. Couldn't find it... but I did find this:

NANCY GRACE
Mystery Text in Missing Hailey Dunn Case
Aired January 18, 2011 - 20:00:00 ET

GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Back to the question the caller presented earlier. Between 7:00 and 9:00 a.m.. Why? Why? Let`s see that ping record again, Liz. The map. Why would he go into work, Billie, take a look at his boss, 6:00 a.m., take a sip of soda and walk out? Then tell you he got fired or quit or some such story as that when the boss said that`s not what happened at all. He just turned around and walked out. Then his pings placed him back around your home between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. Then between 7:00 and 9:00, nothing. Then the pings put him at his mother`s house around 9:00 up until 2:40 p.m.

What do you see in that scenario, Billie Dunn? What`s he doing back around your home?

DUNN: I don`t know. That`s all stuff I need a lot of answers to, that we all need a lot of answers to.

GRACE: Well, have you tried to ask him?

DUNN: No.

GRACE: Why?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him. He`ll send a text every now and then. But I haven`t asked him, why did you come back to the house? He never let me know that. I didn`t know that until the affidavits came out and showed his pings. That he had come back here first, then to Big Spring.

GRACE: Well, why haven`t you asked him?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him.

GRACE: Yes, I know that. My question is, why? I would want to know why. What were you doing back around my house?

DUNN: I want to know too.

GRACE: Well then why haven`t you asked him? Oh, because did the cops tell you not to talk to him?

DUNN: I`m not allowed -- no. When I call over there, they don`t let me talk to him. They won`t put him on the phone.

GRACE: What about a cell phone?

DUNN: He doesn`t have a cell phone.

GRACE: So when you call over there, what do they say?

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Well, text him.

DUNN: That Shawn -- Shawn can`t talk to you.

GRACE: He can`t talk to you or he won`t talk to you. Because obviously he can still speak.

DUNN: Per his lawyer, he can`t talk to me.

GRACE: So his lawyer -- man, that was like pulling a tooth. His lawyer has told him not to talk to you?

DUNN: (INAUDIBLE).

GRACE: It`s OK. His lawyer has told him not to talk to you?

DUNN: Right.

And then from yesterday's BD presser, when asked about the CURRENT STATE OF HER RELATIONSHIP WITH SA:

"We're friendly. We talk on the phone."

So.... what changed to make that possible? Or have they been "friendly" all along?

Of course he is...but he isn't doing it. Says a lot to me.

SA was named a suspect. NO lawyer allows their client to talk. LE knew that when they named him a suspect. I still have no problem with Billie giving what she was told. It is part of her timeline. jmo

I find it hard to believe that a lawyer would not allow his client to attend questioning, with lawyer present, if the client so wished, knowing that the lawyer can shut down the interview at any time. I feel sure that innocent people have cooperated with police before, even if they had an attorney or were considered a POI.

thank you for taking the time to list them out.
I agree why can't SA and BD get their time-line straight? Why is their big gaps of time left out?

Because Billie herself does not know what SA did or was doing. She is giving the facts as they are relayed to her and she can make sence of them.

That is all any of us would be able to do . Until Shawn makes the timeline firm Billie can only tell us what was told to her or corrected to her or is Known to her at that time.

She would have no way to verify anything SA said or did. She can just relay what she THINKS to be true. At first she thought something different was true. Her truth is changing for her and it isnt because she is lying.
I feel awful for her really. I would probably be angry at LE too if I were her.

I would never think my hubby had anything to do with anything like this even if he was the only named suspect. Never would I think it. After they proved to me he did . I might not be able to wrap my head arround that.

I know my hubby wouldnt ,but how many people really think their b/f would?

Because Billie herself does not know what SA did or was doing. She is giving the facts as they are relayed to her and she can make sence of them.

That is all any of us would be able to do . Until Shawn makes the timeline firm Billie can only tell us what was told to her or corrected to her or is Known to her at that time.

She would have no way to verify anything SA said or did. She can just relay what she THINKS to be true. At first she thought something different was true. Her truth is changing for her and it isnt because she is lying.
I feel awful for her really. I would probably be angry at LE too if I were her.

I would never think my hubby had anything to do with anything like this even if he was the only named suspect. Never would I think it. After they proved to me he did . I might not be able to wrap my head arround that.

I know my hubby wouldnt ,but how many people really think their b/f would?

True, it would too much too bear.

I find it hard to believe that a lawyer would not allow his client to attend questioning, with lawyer present, if the client so wished, knowing that the lawyer can shut down the interview at any time. I feel sure that innocent people have cooperated with police before, even if they had an attorney or were considered a POI.

I disagree. I think a lawyer would not want his client talking even an innocent. I think Shawn is shady but have no idea if he is guilty of anything other than being shady. jmo

True, but there is a big difference between accepting what SA tells her and what DD tells her. One is her son and is not under any suspicion. The other is a prime suspect, has failed and walked out of multiple polygraphs, told stories which conflict with known facts, and has an obsession with serial killers and death masks. BIG DIFFERENCE between the two.

By taking SA at his word and putting it in the timeline, she is signalling that she supports him and believes in him still. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam