TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly in this town, lines have been drawn and rumors ARE effecting the search.

I thought it was because of the bad weather,was that mentioned by the searchers press conference today?

That's really too bad and from the way I see it, maybe if Billie were more forthcoming with the truth, people might regain their respect for her and be more willing to get out and search for Hailey. Sadly, Billie Dunn has no one to blame but herself by continuing to lie and evade the truth. I guess the community feels if Hailey's own mother can't be troubled to get out and search then why should they?

~jmo~

BD, IMO has brought it all on herself. If people are getting tired of her, I can't blame them. Of course it's going to effect the search, people on here have been saying that, but BD and who ever is advising her are determined to do things their way..........it's not fair to blame "other people" for giving up.

Nope..I don't agree. No one said anyone is getting tired of Billie..those are your words. What I am tired of is all the rumors and gossip, and this town is so small, rumors do effect everything. So I guess I do blame those who are starting rumors without any evidence or proof of anything. It's hindering the search for Hailey and that is all I care about at this point.

That's really too bad and from the way I see it, maybe if Billie were more forthcoming with the truth, people might regain their respect for her and be more willing to get out and search for Hailey. Sadly, Billie Dunn has no one to blame but herself by continuing to lie and evade the truth. I guess the community feels if Hailey's own mother can't be troubled to get out and search then why should they?

~jmo~

MO, maybe that is what mom wants, KWIM

redcat-
could you please clarify for me if you are referring to volunteer searchers or searchers affiliated with LE?
TIA

Well actually if anything,it would get more people behind CD and helping him search.But from what the bigcountrynews has been reporting the weather's been bad.Searchers were even searching in the snow.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/

Ya know...I commend CD for getting out and passing out flyers. There are 2 search teams, and as of right now, one is not fully cooperating with the other in regards to the areas they have already searched. I don't know why and I am not going to speculate on that either. I don't know why Billie hasn't gone to search in the fields, but I imagine she is not wanting to find a body, she is still holding on the the belief that Hailey is alive. And I can't blame her for that. Everyone handles everything differently.

redcat-
could you please clarify for me if you are referring to volunteer searchers or searchers affiliated with LE?
TIA

I am referring to the 2 volunteer saerch groups.

No SA wasn't there...he is still in Big Spring with mom as far as I know. Sadly there wasn't a big tunrout for the search today, imo because of nasty rumors that started last night. People don't realize all this is doing is hurting Hailey. SA has not moved back in with Billie, she has a brother staying with her right now.

Wow. We have cases here across the country, God, so many of them, with far worse rumors - and facts - than we've seen in this case, and the searchers, God bless every one of them, go out and look for the child, regardless of what any adult around that child has done or is doing.

What leads you to your opinion that the searchers there in Colorado City are so different from those across the rest of the country in so many thousands of other cases?

<snip>

redcat thank you..

thank you thank you...

ITA with what you are saying...

is there still media in the area?

Well, Clint is a very sympathetic character-- hopefully the searchers will bond with him to continue their efforts. Billie's a bit stoic, and that can be alienating, imo.

I don't think Colorado City is that small,the population was 4,281 at the 2000 census.They probably watch the news for updates.There's just a handful of the same locals on facebook,so I doubt most of these people know what's on there.They probably know more from NG than anything.

Wow. We have cases here across the country, God, so many of them, with far worse rumors - and facts - than we've seen in this case, and the searchers, God bless every one of them, go out and look for the child, regardless of what any adult around that child has done or is doing.

What leads you to your opinion that the searchers there in Colorado City are so different from those across the rest of the country in so many thousands of other cases?

I'm frankly shocked by your assessment that searchers there in Ccity are so cold-hearted towards a defenseless child who didn't chose her circumstances.

bbm

citizens searching willingly and cold hearted do not go hand in hand imhoo.. was this perhaps taken out of context?

Ya know...I commend CD for getting out and passing out flyers. There are 2 search teams, and as of right now, one is not fully cooperating with the other in regards to the areas they have already searched. I don't know why and I am not going to speculate on that either. I don't know why Billie hasn't gone to search in the fields, but I imagine she is not wanting to find a body, she is still holding on the the belief that Hailey is alive. And I can't blame her for that. Everyone handles everything differently.

I will never blame BD for not "searching", no parent needs to do that. Ever.

One of Billie's brothers is staying with her. As far as I know they have not seen each other, but I don't know for sure if they have or have not. I was at the press conference where Billie said "they were friendly" and imo she said that because she was told to say that...jmo. I think LE is having her keep the lines of communication open..and if I were her, I would too.

Told? by whom?

Do you mean by someone who thought she should tone it down from loving him? Or something else? I'm confused. Who would have told her and why?

"I love him," added Dunn
January 14
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331736

Nope..I don't agree. No one said anyone is getting tired of Billie..those are your words. What I am tired of is all the rumors and gossip, and this town is so small, rumors do effect everything. So I guess I do blame those who are starting rumors without any evidence or proof of anything. It's hindering the search for Hailey and that is all I care about at this point.

Unfortunately, there are going to be rumors and gossip when the mother of a missing child admits that she has been communicating with her bf; makes it well known that she is standing behind him, even though he is a suspect in the disappearance of her child; and does everything in her power to point the finger at anyone but said suspect. MOO.

The 13-year-old girl was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338856

I beg to differ with the wording in the above article: The 13-year-old girl was last seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27

It has been reported that SA claims HD left the home, but to date (according to numerous media sources), LE has been unable to verify any sightings of HD either leaving the home or having been seen elsewhere on December 27.

Unless LE is taking SA's word that HD was "seen leaving her Colorado City home on Dec. 27". Seen by whom? By SA? The only named suspect? I seriously doubt it.

I really wish the reporters would pay more attention to how they phrase their articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa