MO - 27-year-old woman found dead at home of August Busch IV

Well this article explains where she was found:

Martin was found dead Dec. 19 in a darkened bedroom at Busch's mansion in Huntleigh. There were no signs of trauma to her body, officials said.

Michael Jung, a Busch household employee, called 911 at 1:12 p.m. and said an unresponsive woman wouldn't wake up. He said he wasn't sure if she was alive because it was "dark back there" and he was going to get a light to check.

It doesn't explain why there was no light, and he had to try to find one. It doesn't explain why they delay in getting her help either. They took 45 minutes to call 911, and in all that time they never got a light to even check if she was breathing?

It wasn't until after the 911 call that they even tried to check on her? I am really bothered by the lack of concern for this woman, and believe it contributed to her death. Perhaps if someone had tried to give her aid earlier she might have been saved.

Or were they well aware that she was dead before the call was made? If so, why lie to 911 dispatcher, and say you don't even know if she's breathing because it's so dark.

Trazadone can be used for insomnia, but the warning specifically note to tell your doctor if you have been dx'd or have a family history of prolonged QT waves. Trazadone can cause death from a prolonged QT arrythmia in anyone, but the risk is significantly greater in a person with prolonged QT waves.

Many meds can increase the risk of sudden death from that arrythmia, including antidepressents, antibx, antifungals, antiseizure meds, antipsychotics, and methadone....just to name a few. No, oxycodone is not on that list.

Someone also questioned the modeling/dieting/diet pills angle. Extreme dieters and anorexics can have low potassium levels which causes prolonged QT wave issues.

According to this article from today, there were no other drugs besides cocaine and oxycodone in her system.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_17b8cd8d-d2a7-533b-a437-ff7698daaf31.html

ETA: The article also explains why the room where she was found was so dark:

In response to a question about whether drugs were found at the scene, police said in December that they found nothing to suggest a cause of death. They also said the room was dark "due to curtains drawn in the bedroom" and that the room was outfitted with blackout curtains to block the sun.

Sounds like a nocturnal lifestyle - stay up all night and sleep all day.

According to this article from today, there were no other drugs besides cocaine and oxycodone in her system.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_17b8cd8d-d2a7-533b-a437-ff7698daaf31.html

ETA: The article also explains why the room where she was found was so dark:

Sounds like a nocturnal lifestyle - stay up all night and sleep all day.

The weird part is that the house is a huge mansion. There weren't even any lights that they could simply turn on?

My husband works third shift and our bedroom has room darkening curtains. We have lights though. We don't need it to be pitch black all the time. Only when he needs to sleep during the day.

Just seemed really bizarre that he needed to go look for a light to try to see if she was breathing.

Okay, I just went into our bedroom. It's 1pm here, and with the curtains drawn and all the lights out, you can still see objects in the room. From the outside the window is shaded by trees, and at this time the sun is on the opposite side of the house anyway.

Regardless, the 911 call was made about 42 minutes after finding her not responsive. Mr. Busch's attorney had already been called, right? In the 45 minutes no one had checked to even see if she was breathing? Even if it was dark, you could lean over her and listen, you could feel her chest to see if it was rising. But in 42 minutes that had not been done?

I guess I'm harping on this because I think they're covering something up. Why wouldn't Jung say on the 911 call that she was not breathing? Certainly more was done other than poking their heads into the room. He seemed unconcerned for her, I think, because he already knew she was dead. He also knew the call would be recorded, and was told not to say anything.

I was going to write a novel, but I have had experience with Trazadone. I actually had my breathing stopped, in my sleep, while on the medication. I was very lucky to have someone watching over me that night, I don't think I would of made it to this day had they not of been there.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qHXNuUNUr1oJ:www.buzzle.com/articles/trazodone-overdose.html+trazodone+deaths&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rnjP9AxBK_kJ:www.drugs.com/enc/trazodone-hydrochloride-overdose.html+trazodone+and+breathing+problems&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

I was going to write a novel, but I have had experience with Trazadone. I actually had my breathing stopped, in my sleep, while on the medication. I was very lucky to have someone watching over me that night, I don't think I would of made it to this day had they not of been there.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qHXNuUNUr1oJ:www.buzzle.com/articles/trazodone-overdose.html+trazodone+deaths&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rnjP9AxBK_kJ:www.drugs.com/enc/trazodone-hydrochloride-overdose.html+trazodone+and+breathing+problems&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

Wow must have been scary! During my guinea pig stages they tried Trazodone on me too- it caused increased heart rate and made my ears get red and hot, it was awful so I didn't stay on it long but I can't imagine going through what you went through. :hug: Glad you are here to tell your story!!

Are they saying Trazodone didn't show up on this woman's tox screen?

Whoa, scary! Thank goodness someone was there for you.

ETA - No trazadone in her system though, right. Cocaine and oxycodone. Oxycodone is scary because it is a time-release drug. Drug abusers crush it up so that all the drug is release into their system at once. It's supposed to be comparable to heroin. It is not unusual for that to cause respiratory arrest.

This case is local for me, and as I watch my noon news, they are reporting that the cause of death has been determined as Oxycodone intoxication, and the manner of death is 'accidental'.

http://www.kplr11.com/news/ktvi-woman-dead-busch-home-oxycodone-intoxication-020911,0,3118295.story

Saint Louis County's Office of the Medical Examiner has completed its investigation into the death of Adrienne Martin and has determined the cause of death to be "Oxycodone Intoxication," and the manner of death to be "Accident." That information, along with the complete report, has been forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement agencies investigating this event. Questions regarding this death and/or the report from the Medical Examiner's Office should be directed to the appropriate law enforcement agencies. The Office of the Medical Examiner is a division of the Saint Louis County Department of Health.

SO according to the latest article reporting the cause of death "The Forth" is quoted as saying he woke up at 11:00 AM and tried to awaken Martin but couldn't. That means it was 2 hours and 12 minutes until the 911 call was placed at 1:12 PM. Something is not sitting right about this whole case with me. JMO

http://www.kplr11.com/news/ktvi-woman-dead-busch-home-oxycodone-intoxication-020911,0,3118295.story

He has said he woke up around 11 a.m. and tried to awaken Martin, but couldn't.

It seem the article has now been updated and no longer reflects the quote about when the forth woke up and has now been changed to if criminal charges will be forth coming.

I have quoted the earlier article for reference.

Coroner: Busch's Girlfriend Overdosed On Oxycodone

By JIM SALTER AP Missouri

2:17 p.m. CST, February 9, 2011

ST. LOUIS (AP) —
The girlfriend of former Anheuser-Busch CEO August Busch IV died at his home after accidentally overdosing on the painkiller oxycodone, the St. Louis County medical examiner said Wednesday.

Adrienne Martin, 27, of St. Charles, was found dead on the morning of Dec. 19 at Busch's sprawling estate in suburban St. Louis after spending the night at his home. He has said he woke up around 11 a.m. and tried to awaken Martin, but couldn't.\

St. Louis County forensics administrator Suzanne McCune said the full report from Martin's toxicology exam wouldn't be released until the prosecuting attorney's investigation is complete. She would not say if any other drugs were found in Martin's system.

It wasn't immediately clear if the finding could result in any criminal charges. Busch's attorney, Art Margulis, did not immediately return messages seeking comment. A spokesman for St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch also did not immediately return a phone message.

Busch, 46, was the last in a long line of members of his family to head the iconic brewery, maker of Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob, Busch and other beers. Despite his efforts to ward off a takeover, Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. was sold to Belgian brewer InBev in 2008, two years after Busch was named chief executive officer upon his father's retirement.

At Anheuser-Busch, Busch IV earned praise for his role in marketing and advertising that helped Anheuser-Busch control nearly 50 percent of the domestic beer market at the time of the merger.

In life, he earned a reputation as a playboy and hard partier.

In 1983, Busch, then a University of Arizona student, left a bar near Tucson, Ariz., with a 22-year-old woman. His black Corvette crashed, and the woman was killed. Busch was found hours later at his home, and he suffered a fractured skull and claimed he had amnesia. After a seven-month investigation, authorities declined to press charges, citing a lack of evidence.

Two years later, Busch was acquitted by a jury in St. Louis on assault charges resulting from a police chase that ended with an officer shooting out a tire on his Mercedes-Benz.

Busch said his relationship with Martin was so strong he had put aside his playboy ways.

"She was the only girl I've ever been with that I didn't want to have someone on the side," Busch told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in an interview last month. "You know, I'm this notorious bachelor who always wanted someone on the side, but I didn't with Adrienne."

Martin had done modeling work and was the mother of an 8-year-old son from a previous marriage. She was working as an assistant at a small alternative energy firm at the time of her death.

Friends had said she was strongly opposed to illegal drugs. But Busch had previously speculated that medication Martin was taking could have caused her death. He said she was taking Trazodone, a prescription medication to treat depression but also sometimes used to treat insomnia, according to the National Institutes of Health.

Also in the interview with the Post-Dispatch, Busch disputed a contention that there was a 42-minute gap between the time Martin was found unresponsive and a house employee, Michael Jung, called paramedics. Busch said Jung called immediately.

Busch and Martin had both been married before. Martin was married to a doctor, Kevin Martin, who now practices in Cape Girardeau, Mo. He is the father of her son. Busch married Kathryn Thatcher in 2006, but the marriage lasted less than three years.

She told The Associated Press last month that the brewery was his life.

"He fought (the buyout) so hard, and he was so upset by it," Thatcher said. "He felt like he let everybody down."

Busch told the Post-Dispatch in the interview that he has struggled with depression since the takeover. But he called Martin's death "the saddest thing I've ever dealt with."

Busch is no longer involved in day-to-day operations at Anheuser-Busch but does sit on the InBev board of directors. He had largely disappeared from the public spotlight since the merger.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.) APNP 02-09-11 1330CST

Whoa, scary! Thank goodness someone was there for you.

ETA - No trazadone in her system though, right. Cocaine and oxycodone. Oxycodone is scary because it is a time-release drug. Drug abusers crush it up so that all the drug is release into their system at once. It's supposed to be comparable to heroin. It is not unusual for that to cause respiratory arrest.

So she went off her psych meds and then she OD'd accidently.

No Charges In Busch Girlfriend's Death
27-Year-Old Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose In Mansion

ST. LOUIS -- Anheuser-Busch heir August Busch IV will not face criminal charges in the overdose death of his girlfriend, a Missouri prosecutor said Thursday.

St. Louis County prosecutor Bob McCulloch made his announcement a day after the county's medical examiner said an autopsy showed Adrienne Martin, 27, died of an accidental overdose of the prescription painkiller oxycodone. McCulloch left open the possibility of reopening the case if more information became available.

more at link

http://www.news4jax.com/news/26823316/detail.html

No comment.

More highlights from the AP article:

[St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob] McCulloch said Busch was largely uncooperative in the investigation, talking to police only the day that Martin died.

"The investigation as to where the drugs came from is a dead end," he said.

...Busch had speculated medication Martin was taking could have caused her death. He said she was taking Trazodone, a prescription medication to treat depression but also sometimes used to treat insomnia, according to the National Institutes of Health.

McCulloch said there were no traces of Trazodone in her system.
"In a large sense, he (Busch) was singled out because he was high-profile," [Busch attorney Art] Margulis said.

Yes, rich people get none of the breaks in life, do they.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/10/2646441/no-charges-in-death-of-brewery.html

Sooooo....The cocaine was injested just an hour before her death!!! Just speculating here, but could the protein shakes have been an attempt to help her 'come down' from her high?

Also, why was Busch not taken in and drug tested when the deputy found the straw in her pocket, the straw under the mattress and the pill bottles in Ms Martins name which had traces of the substances inside? The drugs were inside his home. I find the passive aggressive manner that LE is 'blaming the victim', well, suspicious.

For instance, in the state I live, if drugs are found in someone's vehicle or home then the owner is held culpable because it is the owner's/renter's responsibility to insure illegal activities don't occur inside the residence or the vehicle.

My ex is a recovering addict and believe me I could always tell when he was using. (that's why he is my ex) I find it hard to believe that Busch had dated Ms. Martin for 2 years and did not see any signs of abuse. Especially if she was abusing to the extent of causing a perfurated septum!

Why is this man being coddled? Oh wait! I just had a moment of clarity. He's August Busch IV!

Does everyone enable this man?

All MOO and sorry for the rant all but I just couldn't keep quiet any longer....

wm

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88