Illegal/Underground Adoption Theories and leads

bbm- EJ showed up in SA with a fake Texas id. Makes sense that she would also have a fake birth certificate for Gabe. One that left off the father. Whatever the truth is about Texas law, I think EJ and others believed this was a loophole they could exploit. If Gabe is found, I think he will go home- judges in Texas, including appellate judges have to run for office- they will find their own loophole and do the right thing- IMHO

The key, if this were in fact the situation, is that Gabriel needs to be recognized at the point that someone goes to court to "legally finalize" the adoption. If indeed there were fake paperwork involved then for Gabriel to be found, someone needs to identify that Gabriel is in this situation.

Besides the 6-month period in TX, is there anything else involved - home visits or anything like that? Does an adoption agency or some kind of agent/attorney always have to be involved?

bbm- EJ showed up in SA with a fake Texas id. Makes sense that she would also have a fake birth certificate for Gabe. One that left off the father. Whatever the truth is about Texas law, I think EJ and others believed this was a loophole they could exploit. If Gabe is found, I think he will go home- judges in Texas, including appellate judges have to run for office- they will find their own loophole and do the right thing- IMHO

Oh I think Gabriel will go home too if he's ever found. But if the adoption does manage to slip past the courts and is finalized then finding him will be more difficult than it already is and if he is found after the adoption, there could be court procedures and a lot of things would come into play, like the length of time he's been with the adoptive parents, bonding, separation anxiety and trauma if he's taken from the adoptive parents etc.
I do think he would eventually go home to Logan but I also think it could be a long and drawn out process. jmo of course.

Mr. Gamble said there were no documents exchanged at the park. If there are documents out there, it would lead me to believe the documents were delivered either prior too the meeting in the park/or after by another person or possibly via mail/fed ex/ups...

The fact is, in exactly 30 days whoever has Gabriel could attempt to adopt him through the Texas courts. The adoption could be successful or the court could recognize the child as Gabriel. I would like to know what is being done, if anything, to make every family court in the State of Texas aware of Gabriel. I would love to see his poster on every Texas family court Judge's bench this month...is that possible and if so how? We're talking how many counties???

The fact is, in exactly 30 days whoever has Gabriel could attempt to adopt him through the Texas courts. The adoption could be successful or the court could recognize the child as Gabriel. I would like to know what is being done, if anything, to make every family court in the State of Texas aware of Gabriel. I would love to see his poster on every Texas family court Judge's bench this month...is that possible and if so how? We're talking how many counties???

254 counties- here's a start - www.courts.state.Tx.us/

Why are some thinking that Gabe will be adopted by this "unknown" couple? They would have to fake numerous documents (birth certificate, fake home study), get a lawyer, go to court, etc. = a HUGE risk of being found out. IMO

IF they are going to fake documents, just fake the birth certificate (like they would for the fake adoption since Logan is on the real bc). I.E. Jane Doe and John Doe gave birth to Johnny Doe on such and so date, in such and so state, etc. Over and done with and no court. First time I remember having to have my child's bc was for enrolling in school. That's a long way off for little Gabe.

PS Most states have putative a fathers registry. Doesn't apply to Logan anyway since the court in AZ has recognized him as the father of Gabe.

A "putative father" is a man who may be a child's father, but who was not married to the child's mother before the child was born and has not established that he is the father in a court proceeding.

JMO

I have to agree with Ransom...easier for them just to fake documents then trying to adopt him. I sure hope this little one is found soon. I believe EJ and TPS both have court this month...IF it doesn't get postponed like always! =( until then I doubt we hear anything and even then who knows if we will ever know what truly happened.

Agree with Ransom too... doesn't make sense for them to start thinking "legally" if they have done everything illegally up till this point.
But I still think this couple is made up by EJ...

CASAREZ: OK. I`ve got to ask you about a FaceBook entry. I want to show everybody that this is a FaceBook industry, and it is from a Tammi Peters Smith, which would be you…

TAMMI SMITH: Me.

CASAREZ: … and it is from December 23rd, 2009. And it says in part, quote, “Please keep praying for Gabriel and his Mommy`s safety on the road. She found an underground help in Texas that has given her formula, diapers, et cetera, and all the legal formalities. Keep praying for his safety.”
Did you write that, Tammi?

TAMMI SMITH: Yes, I wrote that.

Bear with me on this..I don't know how to double paste...sorry!

CASAREZ: But I want to go back to Tammi Smith. Right before the commercial break, you told us that Elizabeth had told you, and referred to it as an “underground help” at least once — that she had gone to. When did she tell you this?

TAMMI SMITH: She told me, I believe it was the day before that Sunday that she had found a domestic violence — she didn`t tell me a name. She just said that that was her plan to go there and they would take care of everything because that was our last plea to come back. I had a friend in Nashville that works with attorneys call her and plea to her to come back here to Arizona to court on Monday. I had my attorney call her and plea to her to come back here and go to court on that Monday, so — yes.

CASAREZ: So you say that she said to you the Saturday before the Sunday — so you`re saying — the Sunday of the 27th, she left…

TAMMI SMITH: Right.

ok...I'm getting there..thanks for your patience...what get's me here, and I know this is not new news...but TPS has been the only one I know of that has said anything about "underground"...and at best, she can't keep here dates straight...If EJ did the underground adoption thing, then why not just say that...instead she says she left him with Jack's friends...I don't think she knew of Jack"s friends prior to SA. If EJ has said anything about "underground" adoption...I haven't been able to find it.

I've been thinking about this. I occassionally look at the case of Skelton boys...someone posted a website......www.adriel.org....interesting read. Based in (3) locations in Ohio. Now we know Jack has family in OHIO....so I mapqwested all locations in Ohio that we have posted here and compared the locations. They are all in a fairly reasonable driving time. TPS said herself she had inquired into Foster care and Foster Care facilities...any thoughts ?????

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/01/23/20120123mexico-authorities-unravel-child-trafficking-ring.html

I thought this was an interesting article regarding child trafficking in Guadalajara, Mexico and Irish couples adopting - while the story focus' on these people 'renting' the babies, there was a series of adoptions that were pushed through successfully.

I realize that much of the focus was placed on TX and an adoption successfully completed there, but am unsure of the extent of attention paid to an international possibility (I suppose I'm just holding out hope, still).

I think it would be difficult to pass Gabriel through a Mexican adoption, given his looks.

I understand wanting to hold out hope. I still think he is alive and possibly out of the country. One of the theories I come back to again and again is that he entered into the underground network described in this article, was given the legal identity of an internationally, legally adopted (probably Russian) baby and is with an adoptive family now.

I don't think it's a coincidence that this article links Tennessee and Arizona.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back