Meredith Kercher murdered - Amanda Knox convicted, now appeals #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can choose to believe the lie that Raffaele told about spending the night using his computer (but the computer doesn't support that), or the lie that he gave about remaining at home and Amanda was not with him. When a couple of murderers lie and change their stories, it's my preference to ignore their many lies and look at the evidence.

I think we should wait for the analysis of the hard drives in the appeal before finally deciding what activity the computer shows. And I don't see how you can say you ignore the lies when you've referenced her statements in order to prove the point that she accused Patrik deliberately.

I think the sentiments about "too little too late", or people having no interest in anything Amanda has to say, is echoed by Meredith's lawyer. He got up and walked out of the courtroom when Amanda got up to speak during her appeal. Nobody really cares what a couple of liars have to say ... it's a waste of time and mental energy to listen to lies.

I think we should wait for the analysis of the hard drives in the appeal before finally deciding what activity the computer shows. And I don't see how you can say you ignore the lies when you've referenced her statements in order to prove the point that she accused Patrik deliberately.

So you're assuming that the bra clasp evidence, knife evidence, and eyewitness testimony will be thrown out and additional evidence will be examined?

So bottom line: RS and AK DO have alibis, each other. Unfortunately for them, ILE got them both to make contradictory statements on the infamous "Night of a Thousand Statements" and so their alibis will always be doubted by some.

(It does not appear that AK and RS continue to be infatuated with one another.)

officers run in and tell Amanda that Raffaele is no longer vouching for her and then she starts saying whatever they want her to say...

what I think happened before that, LE told Raffaele they had irrefutable proof that Amanda was at the cottage (w/ patrick) - Raffaele, trying to separate himself, starts falsely confessing to whatever they want him to say... of course he can't remember - it's not because of drugs though

...had breakfast with Amanda and then she left. I went back to bed. I got to her place at 1 or 2 pm. Meredith was there but she left in a hurry about 4 pm without saying where she was going. Amanda and I went into town at 6 pm or so but I can’t remember what we did. We were in the town centre until 8.30 or 9 pm. At 9 pm, I went home on my own while Amanda said she was going to Le Chic because she wanted to see some friends. That’s when we said goodbye. I went home, smoked a joint and had dinner but I can’t remember what I ate. At about 11 pm, my dad called on the landline. I remember that Amanda hadn’t come back yet. I surfed the net for another two hours after dad called and only stopped when Amanda got back, at about 1 am, I suppose. I can’t remember what she was wearing or if she was wearing the same clothes she had on when she said goodbye before dinner. I can’t remember if we had sex that night. The following morning, we got up at about 10 am and she told me she wanted to go home, have a shower and change..
http://www.corriere.it/english/articoli/2007/11_Novembre/07/perudia_murder.shtml

I for one find it very significant that RS returned to his alibi statement in support of AK. Given the paucity of forensic evidence, it might have served him greatly to continue to claim AK was gone for much of the night. And yet he declined to do so. I wonder why?
I know, I've thought about that too. For a while there was speculation Raffaele would separate himself from Amanda.. then he sent her flowers. I guess his attorney decided it would be better to work together - I don't know.

He doesn't testify but he does make some spontaneous statements. From the beginning of the trial:
"I find it difficult to understand how I have ended up in this situation," Sollecito told the court in a tremulous voice. "I have been in jail for one year and three months and I have nothing to do with all of this. I am not a violent person. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I find it difficult to hurt a fly."

Looking wan, in a white turtleneck, Sollecito explained that he barely knew Kercher. " She was Amanda's roommate, " he said. Sollecito also said that he had never met Guede.

"My relationship with Amanda had just begun. We met on Oct . 25," he said.

During a previous hearing, Sollecito's lawyer said that the two were young "lovebirds" just starting on a relationship and had no reason to go looking for wild sexual experiences, something the prosecution has suggested might be a motive for the crime.

"I humbly ask you to examine everything with extreme attention, to ascertain the truth," Sollecito pleaded with the court. "I feel I am the victim of a judicial mistake."
http://abcnews.go.com/International/US/story?id=6819223&page=1

I FIND IT HARD TO PUT ANY TRUST OR FAITH INTO AN OFFICE THAT ALLOWED THE MAIN PROSECUTOR TO REMAIN IN PLACE...WITH HIM BEING UNDER AN INDICTMENT HIMSELF. THAT TO ME IS ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING...A TOTAL WOW MOMENT!!

I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BELIEVED THAT AK OR RS IS GUILTY OF THIS CRIME..FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS, I BELIEVE THAT ILE WAS BIASED FROM THE BEGINNING, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE EVIDENCE WAS COLLECTED AND HANDLED PROPERLY, I COULD GO ON..HOWEVER, DO I THINK THAT HER BEHAVIOR WAS INAPPROPRIATE FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON AND SOMEWHAT DISRESPECTFUL TO MK MEMORY...ABSOLUTELY!! I JUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION OF THE FACT OF HER AGE AND I CAN UNDERSTAND.

I PRAY FOR MK AND HER FAMILY, I PRAY FOR RS AND HIS FAMILY, I PRAY FOR AK AND HER FAMILY AND I ALSO PRAY THAT THE ILE AND JUSTICE SYSTEM WILL SEE THE WRONGFUL DECISIONS MADE BY THE FORMER JURY AND I PRAY THAT JUSTICE WILL FINALLY BE SERVED FOR AK AND RS AS WELL AND THEY WILL BE SET FREE AND CLEARED OF ANY AND ALL CHARGES IN RELATION TO THIS CASE.

THIS IS ALL JUST MY :twocents:

So you're assuming that the bra clasp evidence, knife evidence, and eyewitness testimony will be thrown out and additional evidence will be examined?

I just said we should wait to see the outcome of the hard drive analysis during the appeals. How did you get to "I think everything will be thrown out" from that?

There was a part in the movie that showed Raffaele secretly calling the Carabinieri after the postal police had arrived. That action and the timeline surrounding it doesnt make much sense.

They want us to believe that the postal police arrived at around 12:30 and were there for a full 30-40 minutes before Filomena and the rest arrive and the decision was made to break down the door. This is an awfully long time for the postal poilice to be standing around a break-in without notifying anyone.

It is makes much more sense that Raffaele calls his sister, then the Caribinieri- like he said. A couple minutes later the postal police arrive to find AK and RS waiting outside. Why else would they just be sitting outside waiting if they had not already called?

They give a tour of the scene for a few minutes til an alarmed Filomena arrives, the situation is reviewed again about the robbery, the phones, and the locked door, and a few minutes after that the body is discovered. So a total of 10-20min from arrival to discovery, not 30-40 as is implied by the prosecution.

Anyone know how this was addressed by the defense? Seems that with the CCTV footage (and proving the time stamps were slow) it should have been relatively easy to debunk.

I just said we should wait to see the outcome of the hard drive analysis during the appeals. How did you get to "I think everything will be thrown out" from that?

It is my understanding that only three points were allowed under appeal, and those are the three I mentioned. In the event that the results of those analyses are not consistent with previous findings, then additional evidence will be examined, but if the analyses is consistent, then additional evidence will not be examined.

Another thing that bugs me and I'm sure must be a lie is that the Postal Inspector Batistelli says he saw some blood and a foot and did NOT enter the room.

How irresponsible would that be? He had no way of knowing if Meredith was alive or dead without going in and looking under the duvet.

Another thing that bugs me and I'm sure must be a lie is that the Postal Inspector Batistelli says he saw some blood and a foot and did NOT enter the room.

How irresponsible would that be? He had no way of knowing if Meredith was alive or dead without going in and looking under the duvet.

right, he's the postal police officer that perjured himself. Remember, he was standing at the door when Filomenia's boyfriend knocked down the door to Meredith's room. (Batistelli said he didn't want to get in trouble with the landlord for breaking the door) The boyfriend said he saw him go in there and lift the duvet...

why lie about something like that..

I FIND IT HARD TO PUT ANY TRUST OR FAITH INTO AN OFFICE THAT ALLOWED THE MAIN PROSECUTOR TO REMAIN IN PLACE...WITH HIM BEING UNDER AN INDICTMENT HIMSELF. THAT TO ME IS ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING...A TOTAL WOW MOMENT!!

I DO NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BELIEVED THAT AK OR RS IS GUILTY OF THIS CRIME..FOR A NUMBER OF REASONS, I BELIEVE THAT ILE WAS BIASED FROM THE BEGINNING, I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE EVIDENCE WAS COLLECTED AND HANDLED PROPERLY, I COULD GO ON..HOWEVER, DO I THINK THAT HER BEHAVIOR WAS INAPPROPRIATE FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON AND SOMEWHAT DISRESPECTFUL TO MK MEMORY...ABSOLUTELY!! I JUST TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION OF THE FACT OF HER AGE AND I CAN UNDERSTAND.

I PRAY FOR MK AND HER FAMILY, I PRAY FOR RS AND HIS FAMILY, I PRAY FOR AK AND HER FAMILY AND I ALSO PRAY THAT THE ILE AND JUSTICE SYSTEM WILL SEE THE WRONGFUL DECISIONS MADE BY THE FORMER JURY AND I PRAY THAT JUSTICE WILL FINALLY BE SERVED FOR AK AND RS AS WELL AND THEY WILL BE SET FREE AND CLEARED OF ANY AND ALL CHARGES IN RELATION TO THIS CASE.

I like you browneyedgirl have never believed that RS or AK had anything to do with this murder. This crime played out in the Italian Media selling magzines, newspapers, etc., It had everything for a sensational spread that would sell for months, years. Sex, drugs, murder. I have never believed for one minute these two young college kids had anything to do with the murder of MK. Those kids had there whole life ahead of them, but now they sit behind bars ....maybe to never get out. This is truly a transitivity.

It is my understanding that only three points were allowed under appeal, and those are the three I mentioned. In the event that the results of those analyses are not consistent with previous findings, then additional evidence will be examined, but if the analyses is consistent, then additional evidence will not be examined.

Yes, I believe you are correct about this, Otto. As a result the computer files may or may not be re-analyzed. We'll have to wait and see. As far as me guessing what will be thrown out, I don't claim to know the future. Nothing surprises me with this case anymore, though, I will say that.

S'okay...I was not offended, I was actually just kinda giving you a hard time;)

Thanks to otto and dgfred for answering the question, though:)

I coerced while she was under the influence of relaxing music and a bottle of red wine in the middle of a debate over ear infections, blood clotting factors and last but not least designer straight jackets :giggle:

It only took 2 hours after that i have no recollection whatsoever but she did agree to bail me out of jail

right, he's the postal police officer that perjured himself. Remember, he was standing at the door when Filomenia's boyfriend knocked down the door to Meredith's room. (Batistelli said he didn't want to get in trouble with the landlord for breaking the door) The boyfriend said he saw him go in there and lift the duvet...

why lie about something like that..

Don't forget that Stephanoni perjured herself as well :)

Re: the hard drives

Remember that 3 out of the 4 hard drives were destroyed.....

That is virtually unheard of

Are there any lists showing what the film got right, or is the conclusion that the entire film was a work of fiction that used the names of real people?

Neither to both questions, so what's your point?

Do you have a problem with people knowing which facts the movie misrepresented? Or would you rather people watch it and form an opinion based on things that never happened?

:welcome:

great to have you posting :)

I like you browneyedgirl have never believed that RS or AK had anything to do with this murder. This crime played out in the Italian Media selling magzines, newspapers, etc., It had everything for a sensational spread that would sell for months, years. Sex, drugs, murder. I have never believed for one minute these two young college kids had anything to do with the murder of MK. Those kids had there whole life ahead of them, but now they sit behind bars ....maybe to never get out. This is truly a transitivity.

:welcome:

wow lots of new people welcome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members