GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

I just heard the news about Richard Russell moments ago. May Gladis be found quickly so they may be returned to Ohio for a joint funeral to honor their memory and all they did for the community.

Now that Mr. Russell has been found, it's time for SL to end all this and tell LE and the family (and us the public) where he put Gladis. But I see he's sticking with his "cotton field" story.

I want to go check Google for cotton fields in the area of Chattanooga TN. I'll let you know what I find. Gladis, where are you?

Right now I'm so angry ...

ETA: I checked Google. The number of cotton fields in the Chattanooga area cannot even begin to compare with what was in the Valdosta GA. There are a few on the far outskirts of Chattanooga, but far, far away and not particularly close to I-75. This guy, it seems, did everything within proximity to the interstate.

I'm thinking Gladis is in Georgia if he's right about the cotton fields. If he's lying, it's anyone's guess. May investigators' and searchers' instincts lead them directly to Gladis, because we all know SL won't help one bit.

No matter how quickly it was done, or how he did it..... one of them saw the other die, and knew that was their own fate.

Absolutely heartbreaking. :( When he gets back to Ohio, I can only imagine the outrage of the community. Gah, he makes me SICK.

Absolutely heartbreaking. :( When he gets back to Ohio, I can only imagine the outrage of the community. Gah, he makes me SICK.

Thanks. Couldn't bring myself to say it, but you're absolutely right. He makes me sick as well.

I just heard the news. TEARS!!!!! My heart is breaking into pieces for Mr and Mrs Russell...that their precious lives really could have ended this way.

And it upsets me that he seperated them!!!!!

Praying they find Mrs Russell SOON. OH I am SO UPSET.

May SL burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!:blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing::blushing:

This is very heartbreaking. This deserves the full brunt of what the law can dish out. Killing Tiffany was bad enough and I think we will find this was a crime of passion, obsession, jealously or something similar. Killing this elderly couple was not necessary, he could have stolen their car, money etc and tied them up and got away but he chose to kill them. And the way he disposed of this poor old man shows no compassion at all. Absolute scum.

I was thinking maybe SL was just mistaken about where he was when he dumped the bodies.

But I don't think he could have driven the CAR up a HILL made of SAND.

So now, I'm wondering if he really did make the whole thing up...

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2011/mar...d-may-be-missing-bellefontaine-man-ar-409914/

Littleton put Richard and Gladis into the trunk of their Mercury Grand Marquis at their Bellefontaine home where they stayed until he dumped their bodies, police said.

Richard's body may assist investigators in the search for Gladis; her body likely will be found somewhere in the general vicinity, investigators said.

Littleton allegedly told Ohio investigators he remembered exiting off I-75 and traveling on a paved road before turning on a side road made of sand.

Investigators said Littleton told them he placed Gladis' body in a "white, glowing cotton field."

He allegedly said the sand road was at an extreme incline, possibly up a large hill.

Littleton allegedly told investigators a vehicle was driving toward him so he hurried back to his vehicle, traveled back on the paved road toward I-75 and dumped Richard's body.

Almost sounds like a runaway truck ramp. There are many of them in W.V., don't know about Georgia or Tenn.

So sorry to hear that this was Mr. Russell, I was so holding out hope that this may have just dropped them off somewhere, I know it was wishful thinking. I sure hope they find Mrs. Russell soon so that her family can being to have closure and give them both the proper burial that they so very much deserve. The only good thing that can come of this at this point is knowing this will burn in hell for his crimes not only for murdering the young woman but murdering two completely helpless elderly people. to the lowest degree!!!!

~jmo~

Thanks for the icon Max......I am that steamed up about this!!!!!!! I love enior citizens. I use to hang out with my mom and her girfriends and play Pitch, Skipbo and Canaster. I'd bring them pizza or KFC. Rented a limo and took them all out to eat for my mom's bday. All the ladies wanted a cocktail so I was glad to have a big strong driver to help me get them in and out. All 4 of them are gone now and I miss all of them terribly. They all made my life better!!! So, I am horribly offended about what happened to this couple!!!!!

Almost sounds like a runaway truck ramp. There are many of them in W.V., don't know about Georgia or Tenn.

Possible, but he did say there was a paved road first. That isn't consistent with a runaway truck ramp.

Either way, I do not believe a car could drive down sand. Runaway truck ramp or not. He would have gotten stuck. :waitasec:

IMO...Littleton knows approximately where he put them....

IMO..Littleton would KNOW what state he was in ....

IMO...He is leading the LE off base.....This may make him feel in control..with searching going on where he TOLD them...

IMO...If Mr. Russell hadn't accidently been discovered by these 2 men....the searches would still being going on where SL told them to search....

IMO...finding Mr. Russell ....FAR from where SL said to look.....gives a lot of weight..to the idea...and suspicion...that SL is...misleading...on purpose...

He still wants control of the situation he is in.....IMO...and my 2 cents...

I just heard the news about Richard Russell moments ago. May Gladis be found quickly so they may be returned to Ohio for a joint funeral to honor their memory and all they did for the community.

Now that Mr. Russell has been found, it's time for SL to end all this and tell LE and the family (and us the public) where he put Gladis. But I see he's sticking with his "cotton field" story.

I want to go check Google for cotton fields in the area of Chattanooga TN. I'll let you know what I find. Gladis, where are you?

Right now I'm so angry ...

ETA: I checked Google. The number of cotton fields in the Chattanooga area cannot even begin to compare with what was in the Valdosta GA. There are a few on the far outskirts of Chattanooga, but far, far away and not particularly close to I-75. This guy, it seems, did everything within proximity to the interstate.

I'm thinking Gladis is in Georgia if he's right about the cotton fields. If he's lying, it's anyone's guess. May investigators' and searchers' instincts lead them directly to Gladis, because we all know SL won't help one bit.

Cartersville GA off of I-75 Hwy 113 I think... There are cotton fields on both sides of the road. It's near the air- strip in Bartow County.

We had a Huge Full moon the 17 or 18th
I could see all the way down my street.

He could have taken hwy 41 to Chattanooga instead of I-75
MOO~

Here is what is being reported tonight from the Chattanooga area TV stations.

UPDATE: Police seek help finding missing Ohio woman
Posted: Mar 01, 2011 10:56 AM EST Updated: Mar 01, 2011 5:33 PM EST

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – Police in Ohio are asking residents in Tennessee and Georgia to aid in the search for a missing Ohio woman.

Eighty-five-year-old Gladis Russell was kidnapped, along with her husband, from her home in Bellefontaine, Ohio on February 16.

Medical examiners were able to identify Richard Russell from dental records Tuesday afternoon.

Police are still looking for 85-year-old Gladis Russell. Investigators in Ohio and Tennessee believe Gladis Russell's body may be in the same vicinity as Richard Russell.

Investigators are encouraging residents in the area to inspect their properties and report anything suspicious to police.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14162616

UPDATE: Body Identified as Ohio Man, Search for Wife Continues
Suspect describes where body discarded
March 01, 2011 4:46 PM

The body found Saturday in Chattanooga on Lightfoot Mill Rd. has been definitely identified as an Ohio man whose disappearance, along with that of his wife, has been the subject of national publicity.

Chattanooga area authorities are now actively searching for Russell's wife, Gladis, who went missing at the same time as Richard.

During an interview with investigators, Littleton said he recalled exiting off of I-75, traveling for a period of time on a paved road and then turning on a side road made of sand where he placed the body of Gladis Russell in what he described as "a white, glowing cotton field."

Littleton said he could see that the sand road appeared to go up in an extreme incline, possibly up a large hill.

He saw a vehicle coming in the distance and hurried back to his car. He traveled back along the paved road through what he called "a low income area" where he discarded the body of Richard Russell (on Lightfoot Mill Rd.).

Investigators ask that all property owners check their property, especially in areas that might match the above description.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/ohio-998996-russell-richard.html

Body Found on Lightfoot Mill Road Positively Identified as Missing Ohio Man
Submitted by WDEF News 12 on March 1, 2011 - 3:31pm.

Officers and Investigators with the Chattanooga Police Department, Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office, and the Bradley County Sheriff’s Office along with help from the Tennessee Highway Patrol’s air unit are actively searching for the remains of Gladis Russell off of Interstate 75.

The GBI and North Georgia law enforcement agencies have also been alerted.

http://www.wdef.com/news/body_found...tively_identified_as_missing_ohio_man/03/2011

Also, a video appeared on WBNS-TV news in Columbus tonight in which a police investigator from Tennessee discusses the discovery of Richard Russell's body.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/vi...0tv/videos/2011/03/01/tenn--investigators.xml

IMO there wouldn't be any "white glowing cotton fields" this time of year. Isn't cotton planted in the early spring and harvested in the fall?

Perhaps there are half truths to what SL is telling LE but the puzzle is greatly distorted. I do think they will find the bodies near eachother. Who knows what SL's state of mind was at this point and what drugs he may have been taking. Maybe he was "seeing" fields of white but IMO it wasn't a cotton field.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back