Hope for Hailey.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:hwow::eek::banghead::furious: :mad::doh:
As if everything up till now wasn't shocking enough! This is beyond tacky and sad.

:waitasec: Where's Hailey??? :sigh:

I see this going down just like the Anthonys. They tried that and also setting up a foundation while supporting the perp and they didnt get any support.

So redcat is selling stuff that is going to the Angels search effort, but the Angels say they don't get donations? Right? Or am I confused with all the bs?

The t-shirt was designed: Product id: 235707635280455560
Made on 1/23/2011 7:13 PM

http://www.zazzle.com/tshirt_edited_1-235707635280455560

So they have been out there for a bit.

Unbelievable, and an ad on the same page "Other products you might like" shows a young teen(?) with an *exposed* derrier titled "Miss Laci's Pin-Up Girl Poster"

:banghead:

Seriously unfreakingbelievably inappropriate.

Unbelievable, and an ad on the same page "Other products you might like" shows a young teen(?) with an *exposed* derrier titled "Miss Laci's Pin-Up Girl Poster"

:banghead:

Seriously unfreakingbelievably inappropriate.

OMG I just saw that.:maddening:

I wonder how many others are selling stuff? And someone needs to account for anything that has been sold. Since Big Country wants to help push the stuff, maybe they should do the accounting. What a mess, and still NO HAILEY.

Great. Guess this means I'll soon be able to buy my very own Hope For Hailey® memory stick cover, not to mention an official "Hailey Come Home" bong...

This case has officially passed the WTF crassness of the Cummings/Croslin Clans by a "Big Country" mile.

OMG, you just didn't say that did you???:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know I shouldn't be laughing but that just struck me as funny.

You are so right about this case passing the WTF crassness of the Cummings/Croslin Clans. A friend and I were just discussing this exact thing yesterday. I don't even want to know how much lower this case can go.

:eek:hwow::eek::banghead::furious: :mad::doh:
As if everything up till now wasn't shocking enough! This is beyond tacky and sad.

:waitasec: Where's Hailey??? :sigh:

I agree HD. Where is the respect for this MISSING CHILD??? I think this is beyond vile and I am disgusted that people would sink to this level to make a buck off of a MISSING CHILD. MOO and GRRRR.

If the money was ALL going for the REWARD .... it's one thing. But as others have pointed out, the fund is not increasing! This is just so wrong on so many levels.

Yes, I agree.

The sites should have a real time counter that increases automatically after each sale that shows just how much from sales has been contributed to the reward fund. That would also encourage people to purchase.

As it stands now, in time, someone/somewhere could be held liable for misrepresentation of funds allocation.

Regardless, I do not support the sale of these items.

I am going to assume that most of the people who buy these products are buying them because they want to support the Find Hailey Dunn cause, and not because they really want a mug with Hailey's face on it. They could just have something at the top of the website that allows you to donate from Paypal and that would work fine; there is no point in having these products.

I am going to assume that most of the people who buy these products are buying them because they want to support the Find Hailey Dunn cause, and not because they really want a mug with Hailey's face on it. They could just have something at the top of the website that allows you to donate from Paypal and that would work fine; there is no point in having these products.

But we have no idea who has access to these funds and that the funds will actually be used for the reward fund.

I think calls to the Texas State Attorney General's office should occur so that the people soliciting these funds understand the right way to approach it and to also ensure accountability.

Hurry get that merchandise up for sale......BD has a tv to get out of layaway.

With all the publicity this case is receiving....I bet the Texas Attorney General's office if fielding questions daily by the dozens.

ALL MOO!!

I'm so grossed out I have no words and YES a 501 (c) 3 is required to solicit donations!
I am told Donation implies tax deductible receipt so you aren't supposed to even use that word unless you're a 501.

This is truly disgusting to me. It makes me sick to think of anyone profiting from Hailey's disappearance.

I hope they (whoever they are in this case) keep close track of who orders anything and make special note if any one person orders an unusually large number or variety of the merchandise. Some sick person might want to "collect" this stuff.

How can anyone sell anything without a 501c3 filing with the secretary of state for non-profit status?

Has anyone obtained such a status to our knowledge?

This is truly disgusting to me. It makes me sick to think of anyone profiting from Hailey's disappearance.

I hope they (whoever they are in this case) keep close track of who orders anything and make special note if any one person orders an unusually large number or variety of the merchandise. Some sick person might want to "collect" this stuff.

This is really sick and twisted.
Who is behind the production of these things? Who is paying for their upfront cost to be made? Who is going to profit from the sales? Where will the "profit" be spent? What will be done with the merchandise after Hailey is found?
Where can I go to get this info?
This makes me very angry.
How many people or groups are asking for donations at this time?
How many are legit and tell you exactly where the donations are being spent?
JMO, TIA

See, I thought they were, I can't keep up! Oy, well if they aren't searching....WTH does that page need to exist?

I agree! With all of the on again, off again; it might have missed that they were "on again". As I understood it (which doesn't mean a lot with all the drama surrounding this case)...they had quit searching.

2/21/2011 - they quit; 2/22/2011 - they're back on; 2/24/2011 - they quit again; at least that's my understanding according to this article from 2/24/2011.

<snip>

After announcing they were quitting the search and then saying they'd continue searching, the group dubbed "Hailey's Angels" says it's once again ending efforts to find missing 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

While "Hailey's Angels" are no longer searching the area, trained volunteers with national search agencies like Klaaskids, The Laura Recovery Center, and Team Amber will help lead search parties every Friday and Saturday.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=344756

This is horrible. It reminds me of a movie like "Heathers", which sarcastically portrayed the exploitation and indifference surrounding high profile teen deaths.

Not surprised, but very frustrated... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

If this merchandise has to exist, so be it. If anyone actually buys this stuff, the money should go into a reward/search fund account which is audited and administered by an independent accounting firm. It should be required that any balance remaining once the missing person is located (or there is legal closure in the case) must be donated to a national advocacy organization or search organization. Every site selling the merchandise should be required to prominently post this information, along with exact information as to what percentage of donations/contributions are being allocated to the search/reward accounts. Marketing and selling this type of merchandise should be illegal until all of these steps are taken and verified by a financial attorney, in my very strong opinion.

It's illegal for convicted criminals to profit from their crimes. It should be illegal for anyone to profit from a missing child, where we know a crime has been committed but don't yet know who's responsible. We shouldn't have to wait for a conviction to stop further exploitation of Hailey or any other child, imo.

Family members often do need help when a loved one goes missing and compassion and generosity should not be discouraged. There should be means by which donations can be accepted (but these donations should still be accounted for, imo). If sympathetic parties want to donate to family members without regard for how the contribution/donation is spent, these parties should be required to acknowledge by signature that the funds are going into the personal accounts/pockets of the family member(s). If certain family members have not been fully cleared, that should be included in the donation/contribution statement of acknowledgement, imo. If a family member or friend accepts donations/contributions and is later found to have any involvement or knowledge whatsoever in a crime against the missing person, charges of felony fraud should immediately apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123