Which is strongest RDI evidence?

Which RDI claim is easiest to prove?

• PR/JR handled the weapons or sexually assaulted.

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • PR/JR wrote the ransom note or helped to write it.

Votes: 113 65.3%
  • PR/JR were motivated to hide prior abuse or rage.

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • PR/JR used words or actions that prove their guilt.

Votes: 38 22.0%

• Total voters
If the small foreign faction respects Mr. Ramsey's business, but not the country it serves, then why murder Mr. Ramsey's daughter? Is it personal or not?

And if JR does not believe it's a foreign faction, but someone inside his inner circle, work-related, then why would WE believe it's a foreign faction? If you're believing the Ramseys, then aren't you believing their theories? They think it's someone work-related, or who knows them, and that has a grudge. By their own theory, they don't take the RN wording at face value, nor believe the rn authors are who 'they say they are' either. They think it's one person, that the killer is the same one as who wrote the rn, and don't know if it's a he or a she. They never said we need to find the small foreign faction or political group that did this, and have stated that they do NOT think it is a foreign faction or political group.

what small foreign faction refers to itself as such anyway? if it's political and important to you to take action for your cause and kidnap a high profile rich businessman's daughter, you would say who you are and not that you are a 'small foreign faction'. that doesn't even matter though, a small foreign faction does not call itself 'a small foreign faction'.

...Additionally, attaches, formatting carats, and good southern common sense are not representative of a small foreign faction's mode of communication either.

And if one believes in the Ramseys and their idea of what happened, one also has to acknowledge then that there is no small foreign faction, because the Ramseys don't even think there is one.

If the small foreign faction respects Mr. Ramsey's business, but not the country it serves, then why murder Mr. Ramsey's daughter? Is it personal or not?

And if JR does not believe it's a foreign faction, but someone inside his inner circle, work-related, then why would WE believe it's a foreign faction? If you're believing the Ramseys, then aren't you believing their theories? They think it's someone work-related, or who knows them, and that has a grudge. By their own theory, they don't take the RN wording at face value, nor believe the rn authors are who 'they say they are' either. They think it's one person, that the killer is the same one as who wrote the rn, and don't know if it's a he or a she. They never said we need to find the small foreign faction or political group that did this, and have stated that they do NOT think it is a foreign faction or political group.

what small foreign faction refers to itself as such anyway? if it's political and important to you to take action for your cause and kidnap a high profile rich businessman's daughter, you would say who you are and not that you are a 'small foreign faction'. that doesn't even matter though, a small foreign faction does not call itself 'a small foreign faction'.

...Additionally, attaches, formatting carats, and good southern common sense are not representative of a small foreign faction's mode of communication either.

And if one believes in the Ramseys and their idea of what happened, one also has to acknowledge then that there is no small foreign faction, because the Ramseys don't even think there is one.

If you're looking for sensibility, rationality, or purpose in a child murder then I can't help you cause I haven't heard of one that makes sense yet. Know what I mean? Perhaps if an adult was the victim then everything would fall in place, that is the motives, etc would be simpler and easier to understand. Child murder is a whole different thing.

There are no standards for 'modes of communications' of foreign factions that I'm aware, so I guess you're making stuff up about what is representative and what isn't.

Likewise I could claim that the 'modes of communications' of someone involved in such a child murder to be convoluted, bizarre, violent, cryptic, and nonsensical. Sure enough, this ransom note has all that and more. IOW the ransom note seems to be very consistent with the murder.

If the R's say it was an inside job then why would JR say that its someone who may have issues with capitalism? Doesn't that almost surely place the blame outside the US?

Glad to read that you're not dismissing evidence. As an undeniable fact, PR and the ransom note author spelled words differently. RDI has to account for this important evidence in a plausible way. I've heard 'pressure' and 'deliberate,' but to read these feeble attempts at explanations humerously harks back to the old factory worker explanation for the unknown male inside underwear crotch blood mix DNA that showed up in police forensic testing. The factory worker explanation became less popular with the discovery of matching DNA on longjohns that showed up in more forensic testing. Remember that forensic evidence? Now RDI seems to be more inclined to the police lab worker cross-contamination explanation. Its a better explanation but somewhat circular, no?

Snipped and BBM.

I couldn't resist. When you misspelled "humorously" I was curious as to whether you had spelled it correctly in any other post, and I found that you used the adjective "humorous" back in December in a different thread.

Ergo, if PR cannot be the author of the ransom note because she spelled "business" correctly on another occasion, then you must not be the same person posting as HOTYH back in December.

Having said that, whoever matches this DNA can grab their ankles....

It is humorous to see all the panicking around this DNA. Why not just admit its damn fine evidence that an intruder did it and not PR or JR? News flash: thats EXACTLY what it IS.

Sometimes things are analyzed meticulously and the reality is.......its just a bunch of gobbledy gook that makes no real sense and is only intended to confuse. I agree with the theory that Patsy wrote it in an intent to throw the police off..plain and simple. PR graduated from college with a degree in journalism of all things. I find that almost comical.

Snipped and BBM.

I couldn't resist. When you misspelled "humorously" I was curious as to whether you had spelled it correctly in any other post, and I found that you used the adjective "humorous" back in December in a different thread.

This snipe of yours, a cheap shot seems to be somewhat desperate as posters misspell en masse. I'm very glad you brought it up as your arguing against PR misspelling deliberately by showing how people can be inconsistent in their spelling on words they've not mastered.

Ergo, if PR cannot be the author of the ransom note because she spelled "business" correctly on another occasion, then you must not be the same person posting as HOTYH back in December.

BBM: Yikes I never said that! An oversimplification. I said differences in spelling is evidence of two different authors. Certainly its not evidence of the same author...hello?

I said differences in spelling is evidence of two different authors. Certainly its not evidence of the same author...hello?

And Shears pointed out the difference in spelling of the same word in two of "your" posts.

On a word which one might argue is just as easy to spell as "business".
Humerously...Humorous.

The 'e' and 'o' are not even close to each other on the keyboard.
Two different spellings is evidence of two different authors I'm told.
See that above?....Quoted from you....

It is CERTAINLY not evidence of the same author.
CERTAINLY!

Or is someone else posting using your account?

If the R's say it was an inside job then why would JR say that its someone who may have issues with capitalism?

....i cannot answer for JR, as i do not live in his head, but I can surmise why....if you didn't know already, he pointed to multiple possibilities as to the guilty party....most (or all) of them were not foreign. I'll post them specifically later.

Doesn't that almost surely place the blame outside the US?

Uh, no. Again, more on this later....have a soccer game to attend....

If you're looking for sensibility, rationality, or purpose in a child murder then I can't help you cause I haven't heard of one that makes sense yet. Know what I mean? Perhaps if an adult was the victim then everything would fall in place, that is the motives, etc would be simpler and easier to understand. Child murder is a whole different thing.

Whoa, hold up! Time out! (No pun intended!)

Not that I disagree with you, because I don't. Indeed, this is one thing I agree with you wholeheartedly on. But I am puzzled. Specifically, I'm puzzled as you how you can go from saying:

I believe all phenomenon require an explanation because its a child murder

to saying that it's futile to try making sense out of the senseless. It can't be both.

Okay, back to this subject:
JR himself did not even 'almost surely place the blame outside the US'; in fact, here are multitudes of possibilities/theories he alludes to. Not only are they not foreign factions, but they range from personal friends he called to his own home that morning, to someone he heard about in the media:

JR Theory One:
JOHN RAMSEY: I feel like we've exhausted almost everything that we can do. I have racked my brain everyday as to who could have possibly have done this. What does the note mean, what does SBTC mean? All these little clues that were left for us. I think there is a -- I don't want to comment on that. I don't know how that is, because I don't know. But we do live here. I look at the Susan Chase thing. She's two days before Christmas bludgeoned in the head. No great clues. It's the same guy. A month ago there was a woman, probably not murdered because somebody interrupted him. Again
I read it in the paper, blocks from my house. Same guy. It's got to be.
JOHN RAMSEY: Head injuries. Strong, you know, physical abuse to the woman; huge physical abuse. Susan Chase was a beautiful blond child, just like JonBenet. Somebody said these serial killers start out with children and get more aggressive. You guys would know that better than I do.
MIKE KANE: Who told you that?
JOHN RAMSEY: Just a friend. Everybody has tried to solve this; tried to help. And, frankly, my hope was that it was the same guy that did this attack a month ago and they got a profile image of him now.
MIKE KANE: Um hmm.
JOHN RAMSEY: And that's the killer of JonBenet. Let's just hope he doesn't get killed or disappear before we can find out. I hope there is enough
evidence that could tie him to the crime scene.

JR Theory Two:
JOHN RAMSEY: ...Dear Mr. Ramsey" and then it went into "John", "John", "John". That, to me, is unusual for people to use your name a lot. The only person -- at some point, I thought that, gee, that sounds like so and so talking, because they use my name a lot.
MIKE KANE: When did you have that thought?
JOHN RAMSEY: I don't remember.
MIKE KANE: Was it that day?
JOHN RAMSEY: No. I doubt it. At least, I don't remember. Fleet uses your name a lot. John this, John this. And that's unusual. And that was my only impression. I didn't think a whole lot. Fleet and Priscilla, we thought were our closest friends. So that's a bizarre thought. But it was a thought.

JR Theory Three:
MIKE KANE: You said that with the $118,000, one of the first thoughts that you had, was that it could be doable?
JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.
MIKE KANE: When you say it was doable, did you have like liquid assets?
JOHN RAMSEY: No. On one hand, it struck me as (INAUDIBLE) to come up with. And then I thought, why isn't it 100. I would have wanted a million. Why not two million. It's just a very strange number. And I then I thought maybe -- I mean, we sat and analyzed this thing that morning and tried to figure out who the hell this could have been. And my thoughts was maybe it was somebody who needed $100,000 and hired a hit man for $18,000. I mean, there are always some kind of logical explanation there.
MIKE: And now it's been 18 months that you been thinking about that. Do you have any other thoughts on it? I mean, I know this has been -- you see, it has to have a correlation with you (INAUDIBLE).
JOHN RAMSEY: No, I think that was just a bit coincidence. That was my net bonus after tax. And it wasn't exactly 118; it was 118 and something.
MIKE KANE: Do you think this was a random figure as opposed to a purposeful figure?
JOHN RAMSEY: A purposeful. I think there were a lot of things left around that were purposeful.
MIKE KANE: But you haven't been able to --
JOHN RAMSEY: I mean, the closest that I've come to have some believability is this theory that Father Rol came up with. There were psalms, which were circled in the Bible, which apparently were fairly vengeful psalms. 118 Psalms
was a vengeful psalm in the King James Bible. It talked about victory (INAUDIBLE). I think I've read it a hundred times, I guess, (INAUDIBLE). I guess I would accept that kind of a tie more than I would the bonus amount.

JR Revisiting Theory Two...:
MIKE KANE: You also said yesterday that, when you were asked, when Lou asked you about just in mulling this over, over the last 18 months, that it might be someone who knew your schedule. What schedule are we talking about, that day or in general?
JOHN RAMSEY: Well, we had a fairly busy week and a half planned and we had talked about, I talked about going up to the lake that day. You know, briefly, we said before we left, do you want to just go Christmas day. And I said, well, you know, the kids had all their toys, and they need to stay with their toys. And we had Christmas dinner with the Whites there that night.
So we knew there was going to be some volatility about them being there that day, that night. And certainly we were going to be there until the night before the boat trip, and then just for the evening. And then we were leaving early the next morning.
MIKE KANE: So somebody would know that you were there Christmas night?
MIKE KANE: Last July, I think it was, that you (INAUDIBLE) and I think at that point you said that you had been thinking about it about, once again, the possibility of a woman, and you had thought Priscilla White. (INAUDIBLE), the fat cat thing.
JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. We went back to Douglas's analysis that it's somebody you know; it's somebody that's been in the house; it's somebody that's hanging with you who's jealous. And if I put that box around it, and what was subsequently extremely bizarre behavior on both their parts.

MIKE KANE: What kind of behavior?
JOHN RAMSEY: A lot of it I didn't see, but just heard about it. But when John Fernie wouldn't let Fleet on the airplane because he thought he was too out of control. My brother called, they were supposed to stay at the Westmoreland's and they nearly got cross-wise, and they're two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They wouldn't stay there. They went and stayed at my brother's and my brother called me and said that he had a gun in the house. I was, apparently lost. And he said, Fleet White just left here and he's on his way over. I think he's extremely dangerous. I got him out of the house. Apparently he had those -- and my brother is as calm and as level headed as any person I know who is right to the core. Whatever happened there.
MIKE KANE: What about Priscilla? I think you said (INAUDIBLE)?
JOHN RAMSEY: Always when there was tending to the children, he was the mom. I mean, he took care of the kids. He was a stay home dad. He wanted to have more kids and Priscilla didn't want to have anything to do with it. He just seemed very attentive to the kids. (INAUDIBLE) if I narrowed that box down any further to, I would pick Priscilla.
MIKE KANE: You think she was less (INAUDIBLE)?
JOHN RAMSEY: Only because it would be very hard for me to believe that Fleet would do such a thing.
MIKE KANE: You're saying that it wouldn't be hard that Priscilla would though?
JOHN RAMSEY: Less hard. And there's a lot of data that flowed in afterwards to us from friends that said, you know, Priscilla was very jealous of Patsy. And they made a comment that they'd rather eat glass than live in a house like Rod Westmoreland's. It was hatred for wealth. It was like strange stuff that was coming out, coming back.
MIKE KANE: Is Fleet wealthy?
JOHN RAMSEY: Fleet? I don't have a clue.
MIKE KANE: He was always described (INAUDIBLE).
JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah. (INAUDIBILE). He bought a house; he was apparently to get a mortgage. He kept commenting about his mortgage rate. He didn't have a job and he was pretty open about that. I just assumed that he must had some money stashed away.
MIKE KANE: Did Priscilla work?
JOHN RAMSEY: No. Well she use to say things were tight and they had to -- cause she was going to go on this trip to New York and Patsy wanted her to go with Kathy and she wouldn't go because they couldn't afford it. So it's hard to tell.

JR Theory Four:
MIKE KANE: You also mentioned Jeff Merrick's wife. What was it about that?
JOHN RAMSEY: Well Merrick was a guy that I worked with at AT&T when we first got out of the Navy. And we went through the management indoctrination class together and just kind of became friends and stayed in touch more by telephone over the next 20 years. He was good about calling once a year just to say hello and he was a real talker, and we always talk
for half an hour. So if felt like I knew him well, but I didn't. Then he called me, I don't know when it was exactly, but he said that he had just been fired
from his job at Snap-On Tools where he had been for 18 years and he needed a job, did we have anything. And I knew he was a distribution guy and
we were in the distribution business. So I got kind of excited about it and had him come in for an interview. And we used to use a psychologist to get a profile on the people who we're going to hire. I mean, that's an organization who determines whether people are good or not to do what we're going to hiring them to do. And he got interviewed for them and he was going to work for Don Paugh, my father-in-law. And the psychologist came back and said, no, that's not the one. He's too big picture. He's not a detail guy; he's not a hands on guy. Don didn't want to hire him. And then Jeff was just insistent and call me at home, "Hi. Did you guys make a decision yet." And he'd helped out once. So I kind of forced the decision, let's hire the guy. It was against everybody's good judgment. It didn't work out. Three or four years later, Don finally did what everybody knew pretty much should have been done, was terminate his employment and did it. I did it in as amicable a way as we could so we had time to get back on his feet and (INAUDIBLE). But he just flew off the handle. He said, "Does John know about this?" He said, "I'm going to talk to him." And then I was out of town at the time or something. And I guess he became very verbally violent. And he sat in my office and said, "I'm going to bring you to your knees." And I said, "Jeff, you wouldn't be in here if we weren't friends." And I said, "I'm not going to override something that somebody in this organization has done. I still consider you a friend." It was just a very -- and he filed a grievance with Lockheed ethics group and Lockheed is very sensitive about ethics in government contracting businesses. And he wrote this big, long letter about Don and I and the company and how we (INAUDIBLE).

JR Revisiting Theory Two, yet again:
Mr. Kane: ...Do you today think there is a possibility that Priscilla White killed your daughter?
JR: We have not eliminated anyone in our minds. We have become suspicious of everyone. And that's how I feel.
MK: Is there anything, other than what you described on several occasions about what happened down in Atlanta around the time of the funeral, is there anything other than that that would suggest --
JR: Yeah. God, he is in the paper every few months with some 20 page letter. I just think that -- I don't understand it. I can't explain it. I don't know if he -- I mean, it was a traumatic event. They were there. I don't know. But our feeling was that their behavior was frightening.

JR Theory Five:
John Ramsey: I can tell you when, when we first startled looking at it, one
particular lead early on, my reaction was, 'This is it. This is the killer.' And our
investigators said, 'Whoa, whoa, whoa,' he'd say, 'Don't do a Boulder police on me. Don't rush to conclusions.'"
Q. Do you remember making this statement?
JR: I don't remember making the statement, but that was a number of years ago, I guess, so....
Q. Can you name that person?
JR: I don't recall his first name. Helgoth was his last name, a fellow that
committed suicide on Valentine's Day, the day that Alex Hunter told the world that they were going to get the killer.

Q. Right. So you were not referring to Chris Wolf in that statement; is that correct?
JR: No. That is correct.

JR Theory Six:
JR: We think it was a pedophile, we think it was a male. There are several key pieces of evidence that we think will lead us to the killer, male, pedophile. We think a stun gun was involved, so this person either had a stun gun or had access to one. The number 118 has significance to this person, $118,000 was the amount in the ransom note. That was picked for a purpose, we don't know what the purpose is. SBTC meant something to this killer. That was how the ransom note was signed. And this person was in Boulder, Colorado on December 25th. We're not looking for a needle in the haystack.

Ramsey Family Theory Seven:
Geraldo Rivera: "Tell the truth, Jim. Weren't you mad at John Ramsey when the police summoned you? Didn't you believe that he, in a desperate attempt to throw the finger of suspicion in another direction, fingered you?"

Jim Marino: "At first, yes. And in fact, I found out in April, when Patsy did her--her--her own briefing, which was several hours long, she named all of our--us as fra--as friends of the Ramseys as top suspects."

JR Theory Eight:
John Ramsey: "I have run numbers and letters. I have tried to figure code. I have looked in the Bible extensively for that reference. Talked to people who know a lot more about the Bible than I do. The only thing I have heard that makes sense are that it's "Star Based Technical Command" - (that) was a term on, I think, "Star Trek," one of those..."Star Wars," "Star Trek," I think, which kind of fits the movie theme (in the note)."

...And when JR is pointedly questioned about the Small Foreign Faction:
ATTORNEY BRUCE LEVIN: "Mr. Ramsey, your wife told us that there was a college student that was staying with the Stines, I believe, named Nathan Inouye?"
ATTORNEY LIN WOOD: "It was a reference in the book."
ATTORNEY BRUCE LEVIN: "Okay. Had you, prior to the murder of your daughter, had you any contact with him?"
JOHN RAMSEY: "Yeah. We would see him at their house. He would drive the kids to school occasionally in a carpool. Patsy would take them, sometimes Susan would, or Nathan would take them."
ATTORNEY BRUCE LEVIN: "Was there anything unusual about his conduct -- and I am asking for your contemporaneous impression, and then I'm going to ask you about the post-murder impression. Your contemporaneous impression of Mr. Inouye I assume was favorable if you let him drive your kids to school?"
JOHN RAMSEY: "Yes. He was a very, very kind, nice person."
ATTORNEY BRUCE LEVIN: "Keeping in mind you told us that you are suspicious of everyone, is there anything in particular about Mr. Inouye, using the power of hindsight, that causes you today to be particularly suspicious of him?"
JOHN RAMSEY: "Nothing specifically in terms of his actions or what he said. Have I eliminated him? No, I haven't. I thought about that from time to time, but I don't consider him of strong, strong interest."

Nathan Inouye was a member of APAC...
__

JR comments on reason Patsy could not possibly have written the note:
JR: Patsy writes very neatly. She is a feminine writer.
Q. Right.
JR: There are misspellings in the note. She graduated at the top of her class. She doesn't misspell words like "business" and "possession."

...I wonder if JR is aware that Patsy misspelled the word "advise" on her writing samples. How could this be? :waitasec:
__

JR's son, John Andrew Ramsey viewpoint per interview: He (JAR) ridiculed the idea of a small foreign faction being involved, was certain the crime had nothing to do with his father's company, and questioned why a ransom note was left at all. "Why did they ask for $118,000? I could pay that amount," he wrote. Someone was envious of their wealth and thought of the Ramseys as "rich bastards," he said.__

By HOTYH:
There are no standards for 'modes of communications' of foreign factions that I'm aware, so I guess you're making stuff up about what is representative and what isn't.

...No, I'm not 'making stuff up about what is representative and what isn't'... don't take my word for it, take the word of an unbiased professor, nationally known crime/criminal mind expert:

2003-02-18: Local professor profiles JonBenet’s ransom note

Last Updated: 11:19 pm, Tuesday, February 18th, 2003
Local professor profiles JonBenet’s ransom note
By Rachelle Treiber

He was not allowed to take photographs while touring the palatial Boulder, Colo. home where a 6-year-old girl had been killed just months earlier.

Scott Community College professor Thomas McAninch, a nationally known crime/criminal mind expert, dissects the JonBenet Ramsey ransom note left at the John and Patsy Ramsey home in Boulder, Colo., in 1996. (Greg Boll/Quad-City Times)

But Thomas McAninch did what any good criminologist would: he carefully committed as many details as possible to his memory.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(SNIP)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He said it was apparent from the beginning of the letter that a crime was being staged to look like something it was not.

“The author says they represent a ‘small foreign faction,’ but no self-respecting terrorist would consider themselves less than representative of the masses,” he said. “It also says ‘we respect your business,’ but would a foreign faction respect your business? You just don’t find this kind of thing in kidnapping notes,” he said.

Furthermore, he believes a sentence that states, “speaking to anyone about your situation will result in your daughter being beheaded,” also is an example of the author trying to speak as they believe a terrorist would.

And terms written in the letter like “fat cat” are idioms that would not be taught to a foreign person learning the language. For those reasons, he said it was easy to eliminate a person from the Middle East as the author of the ransom note.

“A profile does not predict the individual, it predicts the type of person, and more specifically, it eliminates people,” he explained.

__

And this question bears repeating: if John Ramsey (and family) did not even put any credence in a small foreign faction being the writers of the ransom note nor being the killers of JonBenet Ramsey, then why should we?

If nothing else, I think we now know why Fleet White ain't his friend anymore!

Snipped and BBM.

Shear Genius!
I say.

I had always suspected that Hotyh may have a duel identity.
My suspicions are now confirmed.

Heyya Whaleshark.

Ty for the compilation of JR's theories.
He certainly latched on to any possibility, as circumstance allowed.
Theory Eight, he's almost grapsing at straws.

Now it all falls upon the dna.

yeah, and that's not all the suspects provided by the Ramseys either... I just got tired already.

yeah, and that's not all the suspects provided by the Ramseys either... I just got tired already.

Thanks, Whaleshark. The funny thing is that John NEVER suspected or pointed the finger at a SFF (that I know of, anyway). If anyone has read or knows differently, I would appreciate knowing where I could read it. I'm sure they dropped the sff early on because it's pretty difficult to accuse a non-existant entity! I would think that they would have been pointing at this sff instead of their supposed friends. Then again, I believe they pointed at FW and PW simply because the Whites had figured out what happened.

Thanks, Whaleshark. The funny thing is that John NEVER suspected or pointed the finger at a SFF (that I know of, anyway). If anyone has read or knows differently, I would appreciate knowing where I could read it. I'm sure they dropped the sff early on because it's pretty difficult to accuse a non-existant entity! I would think that they would have been pointing at this sff instead of their supposed friends. Then again, I believe they pointed at FW and PW simply because the Whites had figured out what happened.

Within seconds of placing JB's dead body on the floor by Det. Arndt, he said "This is an inside job".
Te Rs had already planned who they were going to try to pin this on- LHP was probably their first choice, followed by the W's and Access Graphics employee JM.

Right, DeeDee! It's so flippen obvious in the words used in the rn that they had several people in mind to throw under that big ol' bus! One by one, John's theories changed after each of their suspects were cleared. I would be willing to bet money that LHP watched a lot of movies and the R's knew it. I firmly believe that PR wrote the note but it was JR's idea of who all to point the finger towards. If her level of involvement in the actual killing was what I believe it is, no way she had the presence of mind to add these details that point towards their friends (although there are parts that I believe she threw in without John's knowledge).

Pardon my ignorance, but is the business that JR ran still operating?
If not, when did it stop?
Surely if a small foreign faction has a gripe against this business, they might STILL have a gripe against it (if it is still going of course).

And if it HAS ceased business, which foreign locations were affected in some way when it happened?

Pardon my ignorance, but is the business that JR ran still operating?
If not, when did it stop?
Surely if a small foreign faction has a gripe against this business, they might STILL have a gripe against it (if it is still going of course).

And if it HAS ceased business, which foreign locations were affected in some way when it happened?
This should help:

Here is a repost of a repost from FFJ.

The Talented Mr. Ramsey
Posted by Anton on 23:07:41 4/13/2001

I posted this several months ago. I've had requests to repost it, so here it is. I think this information gives us a much clearer perception of John Ramsey and his businesses.

Here is a summary of business background gleaned from many online newspaper articles and company website articles, as well as Schiller's PMPT, Steve Thomas' ITRI and Wecht's book. Please feel free to add to this information or dispute any of it. My desire is to understand Mr. Ramsey and to comprehend the level of "talent" he actually has.

1. John Ramsey started and failed at three small businesses since AT&T released him from their management-training program in 1973:

-- his own "little business" as a manufacturers rep company, with Vidar at the "heart" of it, started in 1977, during which he also worked for established companies (Accurex and Southern Peripherals & Instruments)

-- MicroSouth, begun in 1979, with which he gained and maintained contacts with CalComp in California

-- Technical Equipment Specialists, Inc. (TechSpec), begun in 1981 when MicroSouth failed; however, his brother Jeff took over MicroSouth

2. In 1986, TechSpec failed and John created Advanced Products Group (with funding from Don Paugh), which he operated from his own garage; the company dealt with PC based CAD products, primarily hardware: plotters, digitizers, pins, etc. A primary supplier was CalComp.

[Steve Thomas's book shows a different history. JR borrowed money from Don Paugh, moved to Dunwoody and started TechSpec, with PR helping with phones and Nedra helping with sales. JR then brought in 2 other entrepreneurs and created MicroSouth, which became very successful. JR was president and when the company reached $500,000 in sales, they threw a party. With success, MicroSouth created Advanced Products Group, apparently associated primarily with CalComp, with Don Paugh as president. They decided the next step was to go national, so APG merged with the other two CAD companies and moved to Boulder with the purpose of selling Sun Microsystems products.]

3. In 1989, three CalComp distributors merged into one business, Access Graphics:

-- Advanced Products Group

-- CAD Sources Inc., owned by Eric Crod in Piscataway, NJ

-- CAD Distributors, owned by Jim Hudson in Boulder, CO

Access Graphics was established in Boulder. This would indicate that Hudson had better contacts, better business and political roots in Boulder than John had in Atlanta or Crod had in New Jersey. This would indicate that Hudson would have been the prime know-how man in the new business. John had certainly not shown any great business acumen during his years of entrepeneurship (after failing to make the grade with AT&T). There may be other reasons for locating in Boulder, such as being located in the center of the country and the fact that Boulder was already established as a sort of Midwest "Silicon Valley". Sun Microsystems was anxious to develop an independent reseller channel, so AG developed contracts to be a major reseller of Unix workstations from Sun Microsystems and Silicon Graphics (both in CA). AG continued to add products, including Oracle data processing software and Hewlett-Packard products. John was vice president for marketing.

4. In merging these three distributors/resellers, CalComp acquired a 20-25% equity.

5. Background on CalComp:

-- founded in 1958 and headquartered in Anaheim, CA.

-- developed, manufactured and supported a broad line of plotters, printers, digitizers and scanners for professionals in engineering, graphic design and architecture, providing tools of the trade for virtually every computer graphics application (was a major innovator and invented new technology)

-- was owned by Sanders Associates of Nashua, N.H

-- Lockheed purchased Sanders, and thus acquired CalComp, in 1986

-- In 1991, Access Graphics obtained a major contract with Sun Microsystems and needed financing to increase production in order to cope with the added workload. Heavily-regulated banks declined to make loans for relatively high risk investments. "Access had a heavy demand for cash flow and thin profit margin."

-- In May, 1991, CalComp offered to exercise its 25% equity option, purchase Access Graphics (its largest distributor), and provide funds for expansion. The deal gave John Ramsey $8 million and ousted Jim Hudson (the partner whose company, CAD Distributors, had been based in Boulder and who presumably was the reason AG was located in Boulder). AG became a wholly-owned subsidiary with its same management and about 120 employees.

-- CalComp's president, William P. Conlin, described the acquisition as "an attractive financial investment"; AG accounted for 4% of CalComp's $400 million in revenue in 1990 and posted revenue of about $120 million for all of 1991 and as a result of the acquisition, CalComp's sales were boosted by about $80 million for all of 1991

-- In 1993, Access Graphics was separated into a distinct unit. Daniel M. Tellep, Lockheed's chairman and chief executive officer, said the decision reflected a careful review of CalComp and Access Graphics' business performance and potential. "Separating out Access Graphics permits us to provide the focus necessary for this rapidly growing and profitable business to realize its substantial potential," Tellep said. Access Graphics became a stand-alone subsidiary, one of six companies in Lockheed's electronics systems group; CalComp was another of the six.

-- Evidently, CalComp was not happy about the separation; William P. Conlin, president, and Larry Sanders, senior vice president of field operations, left CalComp "to pursue other interests." This left CalComp without any top management; Val P. Peline, Lockheed group president of electronic systems, was appointed interim CalComp president.

-- CalComp and Summagraphics merged in July 1996 and became CalComp Technology Inc. It assumed the Summagraphics seat on NASDAQ. Lockheed Martin owned about 90 percent of the new company. (Some sources say that Lockheed acquired Summagraphics and combined it with CalComp to form the new company.)

-- Also in 1996, Lockheed Martin acquired Loral Corporation's defense electronics and systems integration businesses for $9.1 billion (FYI, Loral is the company which, in Feb. 1996, was accused of the illegal transfer of technology to China) and eliminated 1,600 jobs as it looked for savings; the layoffs were announced in November.

-- In November 1996, CalComp Technology laid off 235 employees and sold its Anaheim headquarters as part of a consolidation following the company's acquisition of Topaz Technologies, a Sunnyvale, CA, based company. About 75% of the job cuts were in Orange County, where CalComp employed about 400; the company had 1,100 employees worldwide The company eliminated manufacturing and assembly positions as well as some engineering positions.

-- Also in November, 1996, CalComp, the world leader in professional graphics tablets, entered the "edutainment" market with Learn 'n Sketch, a computer drawing tablet aimed at children of all ages. The Learn 'n Sketch tablet had a US suggested retail price of $89.95.

-- Over the next three years, CalComp was a major drain on Lockheed's resources, totaling operating losses of more than $176 million as it made an unsuccessful transition from manufacturing CAD output and input devices to manufacturing graphic arts-quality wide-format digital printers. In July 1998 CalComp cut prices on some of its products by 50% (these products varied in prices from $4000 to $40,000 before the discount).

-- The major problem for CalComp was Sunnyvale-based Topaz Technologies (acquired by CalComp in November 1996), developer of the piezo inkjet head system trademarked by CalComp as CrystalJet. The CrystalJet print system debuted as prototypes at trade shows in 1997. Interest was high for the product, and CalComp set its release date for late 1997 or early 1998. However, the CrystalJet technology, a major improvement, was also very expensive to manufacture due to precise tolerances needed for the piezoelectric crystal, as opposed to the heat-stimulated diaphragm that was standard in inkjet printers. Topaz was unable to meet production goals and deadlines. Release date after release date came and went, and the CrystalJet was still not ready. Finally, the CrystalJet started shipping, more than a year late. CalComp reported that it fulfilled fewer than 400 orders for the CrystalJet before it ceased shipping in December 1998 (one month after beginning to ship). Late delivery of the CrystalJet gave time for the competition to beat CalComp to market with piezo inkjet systems that stole CrystalJet's thunder and even exceeded its print quality. "It was a new technology, and CalComp had never manufactured anything out of silicon before," noted one observer. Since 1959, CalComp had been an engineering graphics company. Then in 1996, the company decided to become a player in the digital large-format color printing market.

-- Rather than force CalComp into Chapter 11, Lockheed agreed to keep the company running in a reduced capacity until it could sell off its various divisions and technologies.

-- On January 15, 1999, the NASDAQ Stock Market« announced that the trading halt status in CalComp Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLCP) was changed to "additional information requested" from the company. Trading in Calcomp Technology/CLCP had been halted on 1/15/99 at 8:16:36 a.m. for News Pending at a last sale price of $0.25. Trading would remain halted until CalComp Technology, Inc. had fully satisfied NASDAQ's request for additional information.

-- On May 14, 1999, CalComp was completely liquidated, including an auction of all assets (computer products, office furnishings, company vehicles, etc.). The company itself was sold to various competitors.

6. Summing up:

CalComp was the world leader in CAD/CAM products for nearly 40 years until Lockheed took Access Graphics away, CalComp management left and then CalComp changed market focus. From 1993 on, CalComp began a long slide to oblivion, a slide which accelerated in 1996. Access Graphics was struggling in 1991 and CalComp bailed it out. Two years later, AG became an equal with CalComp in the Lockheed hierarchy and CalComp's leaders quit. Three years after that, AG reached a major milestone of $1 billion sales, a mark CalComp never reached by half. In 1996, CalComp ceased being CalComp, the 40-year leader in the CAD/CAM industry, and became a player in a different market in which management had little or poor experience (or was unable to work with management of the newly-acquired/joined companies, Topaz and Summagraphics). Three years later, CalComp was gone.

7. In May of 1996, Jim Hudson returned to Access Graphics, as head of the European and Canadian operations. (I've been unable to find information as to what he did between 1991 when he left AG and 1996 when he returned.)

8. Lockheed was considering divesting itself of Access Graphics in 1996 and John Ramsey negotiated to acquire AG himself, take it public and move it to Atlanta. A year later, John moved to Atlanta but Lockheed sold AG to General Electric in a huge package deal of which AG was a minor component.

9. Once John formed Advanced Products Group in 1986, he proved himself to be a vicious competitor. Five years later, he had merged APG with two other companies, ousted one of the men apparently most responsible for Access Graphics being based in Boulder (Jim Hudson), fired a bookkeeping secretary who had previously worked for Hudson (Sandra Henderson), put a sudden credit hold on a company which had previously depended upon Hudson's company (Henderson Technology), fired a former friend (Jeff Merrick), used a longtime employee (Jane Stobie) to fire his in-laws (the Paughs, when Stobie was used to close the Atlanta office) and fired that employee (Stobie).

All of that since John Ramsey met the Paughs.

He met Patsy in 1979 and considered her his "Jackie Kennedy". At the time, he was divorced and failing in business. A year later, he married her. A year later, her father bailed him out of the failing business. That business, too, failed but apparently Don Paugh bailed him out again. This time, the company flourished. This time, the company merged and John became part of a bigger company, not his "own man". He was on his way to the big corporate structure he'd wanted to join in 1973 when he failed to make it with AT&T.

Once he was there, success came rapidly. The man who couldn't make it on his own flourished once he hooked up with other people. Don Paugh was proud of the new company, calling it the "Cadillac and Lincoln" of the industry. Paugh was clearly an important part of the company, as far as John was concerned. Paugh always had work there and lived in Boulder away from his own family, as did John.

Patsy and her mother and sisters were apparently a drag on the company. Nedra, Pam and Polly were dumped and Patsy, a proven advertising manager (work she was doing when John met her), was kept out. Granted, Patsy was pregnant twice and had cancer. Granted also that she may not have wanted to work at Access Graphics (although she did at MicroSouth). She did, however, have nannies and she did supervise redecorating houses and Access Graphics offices, organize company luncheons (at least one of which was a major $30,000 production). She was instrumental in local charities and schools. She obviously had the skills and desire to work.

Ironically, Patsy functioned successfully on her own, managing two pregnancies and cancer, major house renovations and other projects. She was acknowledged as being very good at organizing people and events. John, however, was essentially a failure when he was on his own. (I use the word "failure" in view of the Ramseys' own expressed point of view; money is obviously very important to them both. Many thousands of people are successful in their own small businesses, doing no better than John did with his. That is one difference I see in the Ramseys and the majority of people. It's not a bad difference, just one.) John was well-educated (arguably better educated than Patsy), had good credentials and background. He was a nice guy with a quiet demeanor that didn't fit in with the highly competitive management environment of major corporations, such as AT&T. John was quoted, after becoming successful with Access Graphics, as saying he would be comfortable living in a log cabin with little money. His background seems to confirm that.

In terms of financial success, the Paughs were a great influence on John Ramsey. Nedra and Patsy have obvious and vital ambition toward recognition on the world stage. John seemed to be satisfied being well-liked and successful in his own little world. The Paughs influenced him, apparently, to strive for more. Don Paugh financed him and followed him to the big company in the new city. Patsy made sure the city of Boulder knew who the Ramseys were (although probably only people who cared about Access Graphics, parties and pageants really knew about them).

But look what happened once John reached a peak:

-- He became part of the cutthroat business world

-- He drove people out who didn't please him or didn't produce, in his view

-- His company far exceeded the company that gave him his chance

-- He traveled extensively, far from his "own little world"; he joined, in essence, the world stage

-- He's been featured in the world-wide news media

-- He and Patsy are better known now than either would have been had Patsy become Miss America

Did all of this draw out someone who became jealous, envious and enraged enough to plan to kidnap the Ramseys' child in exchange for a relatively small amount of money? I don't know. I doubt it. None of what I've found leads me to an opinion that anything that happened was so outrageous. The fall of CalComp, while possibly tragic, does not seem to have been caused by anything John Ramsey did. I wouldn't even say he benefited from it, although it's possible that Access Graphics was placed into a stronger position in the market by being separated from CalComp.

I have the opinion that John has learned a lot about management and competition. Through numerous media presentations since the end of 1996 he's shown himself to be relatively articulate (if repetitive). Yet he seems to have been influenced greatly and almost continuously by the Paughs. Don Paugh financed the venture which proved to be successful and followed him into the new company, where Paugh was well-liked, personable and influential. Patsy influenced the presentation of the company to the cities of Boulder and Atlanta (although she was characterized as "Sherman shopping Atlanta"). Patsy influenced the presentation of "the Ramseys" to everyone and anyone.

Access Graphics and the Paughs represented a "second life" for John Ramsey. He met Patsy when he was nearly 40, divorced, unsuccessful. She was 13 years younger, a vivacious 23-year-old Miss America runner-up, full of ambition. Neither of them were truly naive. He'd been in the navy overseas, married for 12 years and had 3 children. She had been through the pageant wringer and was in the world of competitive advertising.

Something happened at the end of 1996 that the Ramseys don't want known. Maybe it didn't happen in 1996; maybe whatever the secret is happened earlier but the intense investigation after the murder threatens to expose whatever it is.

The "ransom document" points a finger at John and his business. Two gentlemen had his daughter in their possession and they didn't particularly like John; they respect his business but not the country it represents. The document said, essentially, we're foreigners who know a lot about you and your company; we don't like you but we want you to be rested and able to follow a complicated series of actions required to give us your bonus amount for that year; we're watching you and the "authorities" (law enforcement and financial) so don't try to grow a brain (which implies "they" think John is stupid). If you mess with us, there's a 1% chance you'll get your daughter back; don't mess with us and you will certainly get her back.

So what happened? Was his daughter kidnapped, held by two gentlemen? No evidence of that. Was his daughter beheaded, even though he disobeyed orders? No, although a cord was wrapped very tightly around her throat and her skull was nearly split in half. Did he get his daughter back, even though he messed with the gentlemen by disobeying? Yes, he did. She was dead but he got her back and showed her to his close friends and the police.

"Tomorrow" and the percentages didn't seem to matter to John. The threat of close observation didn't deter him from contacting the police (he has said he told Patsy to call them). He wasn't worried about the note or the 911 call (he was cordial and joking that morning). He didn't show any emotion until he "found the body at 11:00" (according to reported statements he made to John Andrew). Then he seemed to be worried, focused on a puzzle. He wandered around, examined his mail, ignored Patsy and the friends gathered around her. Until the detective decided to give him and his two men friends something to keep them busy (her stated intention). Then he sprang into action.

Fernie didn't go along but stayed behind. White followed John into the basement, tagged along while John showed him evidence of an intruder, knelt beside John when he saw the body, then ran off yelling for someone to call 911. John picked up the body and carried it upstairs to the foyer, where the detective told him to set it down. Then he seemed to guide the detective to observe the body, then guided the handling of the body by covering it.

That day John made several calls that we know about. He called Access Graphics twice and spoke to Gary Merriman each time (possibly the only employee in the management suite). He called his pilot -- in the morning to stop the plan to fly to Charlevoix and to arrange for calls to Minneapolis to tell the older kids to come to Boulder, and then in the afternoon (30 minutes after he brought the body out) to arrange a flight to Atlanta.

Charlevoix and Atlanta were both intimately connected to his "former" life, before the Paughs. The vacation home in Charlevoix had originally belonged to his father (there is some dispute about this being the same house; regardless, John's father had a vacation house in Charlevoix when he was a kid). He had lived in Atlanta for many years with Lucinda and the kids.

It is possible, IMO, that John Ramsey simply rose to a position with which he was not able to cope. He certainly doesn't have the background of a major player but he found himself involved with a world giant (Lockheed), found himself flying around the world making deals when what he seemed to enjoy most was putzing around with computer hardware in his garage. Patsy has a great deal of ambition but on a superficial level. Her approach to life is advertising -- look good, act good, say you're good and get trophies; she's good at making a Tiffany lamp out of a Coke bottle.

John Ramsey considered Patsy to be his "Jackie Kennedy" but he doesn't seem to have ever considered himself to be "Jack Kennedy" (nor would anyone believe him if he said so). Likewise, IMO there is little legitimate comparison between Patsy and Jacqueline Kennedy. Neither John nor Patsy comes from a dynasty or even high-placed families (outside of their own small domains); this isn't meant to demean the Ramseys or the Paughs or anyone in their station of life. I simply mean that John and Patsy each seem to see themselves together as being greater than their backgrounds would indicate, a fairly common perception in America (and many other countries). Nothing wrong with that, per se, other than it can be delusional.

The reappearance of Jim Hudson puzzles me, particularly in light of the apparent results. It seems that either Hudson came back to Access Graphics and persuaded Lockheed to ditch the company or Lockheed decided, for whatever reason, to divest itself of Access and brought Hudson in for whatever reason. I don't know why Hudson was forced out in the first place. My guess is that he, Ramsey and Crod had a disagreement on who was going to do what in the new company and that CalComp management settled the disagreement in a way that was dissatisfying to Hudson, so he left voluntarily or was forced out. Schiller's PMPT says that CalComp wanted to get rid of Hudson.

In any case, Hudson reappeared about the time that Lockheed began seeking a way to divest itself of Access. Also at this time, Lockheed was negotiating with Loral to acquire all but Loral's commercial interests (which were spun off into a new company, Loral Space and Communications, headed by Bernard Schwartz, who had purchased Loral in 1971 when Loral was a struggling minor defense contractor).

It seems more likely that Lockheed was simply trying to consolidate holdings into a package to divest in order to fund the purchase of Loral. A year and a half after the merger with Loral, Lockheed did just that. Access was blended with several other holdings and traded to GE in a stock/cash transaction.

I think the Ramseys had decided that they wanted/needed to leave Boulder. John lived there with Don Paugh for nearly 2 years (AG was formed in 1989 and CalComp purchased AG in 1991) before Patsy moved the family to Boulder. In itself, this isn't odd. John was a pilot and probably flew back and forth on weekends, a pattern he maintained for many years. Also, Patsy was pregnant with JonBenet for a good portion of 1990 and had a toddler (Burke) to care for, although she had a nanny to help out.

John's reason for moving the family to Boulder: "When my son told his teacher that his mother lived in Atlanta and his dad lives in Colorado, we decided that wasn't a good idea. So we decided to go ahead and move the family." (I had assumed this was Burke, but he was only 4, so this must have been John Andrew, who was 15, unless Burke was in preschool.)

John's reason for moving back to Atlanta: Patsy couldn't find her lipstick in Boulder.

During the time they lived in Boulder, John apparently spent much of his time running about the country and overseas. Patsy spent her summers in Michigan and the rest of the time going back and forth with JonBenet to pageants and to Atlanta for various reasons. There didn't seem to be much reason for them to live in Boulder.

It would seem to be more characteristic of John to have taken the $8 million he received when CalComp acquired Access Graphics and left the big corporate world to start his own company again. However, it would seem more characteristic of Patsy, Don and Nedra to want John to stay where the money was. As Nedra said, "As long as Mr. Ramsey makes the money, we'll spend it."

So it's ironic that the Paughs preferred John stay with the company in Boulder to make the money, although Nedra called Boulder "that hell hole" and Patsy didn't like the city, either.

I think that being in Boulder was a sore point in the relationship between John and Patsy. John was a lifelong Republican, quiet and conservative. Patsy styled herself as a Southern belle, ambitious and showy. Boulder was a New Age city, liberal, casual, progressive, ambitious but isolationist (the city recruited high tech businesses but virtually walled itself off from the rest of the world through zoning regulations that created a wide buffer of undeveloped land around the city limits). Patsy said, "Here I am! Look at me!" John said, "Look at my stuff, don't look at me." Boulder said, "Hey, chill, brother. Let it be."

Other than the mountains, Colorado isn't so different from Michigan but it's a whole world away from Atlanta, in terms of climate and culture. John's an engineer, a literal concept guy. Patsy's an advertiser, an image concept woman. Boulder is California light. Atlanta is Southern heavy.

John was in his 50s and Patsy in her 30s. John was probably looking to establish a comfortable retirement and was glad to finally achieve success. Patsy was probably dreading "the end", when she would be 40. There's nothing wrong with being 40 and over -- John certainly knew that -- but it's tough to be 40 or more and still play the image games you enjoyed when you were 20. It's not impossible but the more you try the more obvious the differences are. In order to grow older gracefully, you must first learn to be graceful.

It's possible that John was embarrassed by her flamboyance, and yet was charmed at the same time. It's possible that Patsy was angered by his lack of flamboyance, yet comforted by his solid personality. This couple had been married for 11 years before the big money came to them (Access was probably bringing in a good income prior to the acquisition by CalComp/Lockheed but certainly not in the millions of dollars). Their relationship would have been well established by then. The influx of $8 million dollars plus must have had a serious impact on them, and not just in terms of what they could purchase. Suddenly, with good legal representation, either could live quite well without the other in case of divorce. As Patsy herself said recently, "The almighty dollar does strange things to people."

These people's lives changed dramatically when the "almighty dollar" came into their lives. John stayed up late with a calculator in bed working out finances. Patsy traveled around with a six-year-old girl made up to look like a 20-year-old Las Vegas showgirl.

Then -- wham! The end of 1996 was the end of that. John spent his money on lawyers and Patsy lost her showgirl.

Why?
http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4725&page=3

Here is an update regarding Access Distribution.

Avnet Buys GE's Access Server Distribution Biz for $412.5 Million (Nov. 2006)
Electronics and IT infrastructure distributor Avnet is one of the largest such distributors in the world, and this week it got quite a bit larger as it acquired one of the jewels of the IT distribution business: General Electric's Access Distribution business. Access may not be a brand name that a lot of end users know, but it is projected to have over $2 billion in sales in 2006 and is the largest distributor of servers made by Sun Microsystems.
The current plan calls for Anna McDermott, president and chief executive officer at Access Distribution, to stay on at Avnet, as will most of upper management and most of the company's other employees. Access Distribution will be operated as a separate business unit within the Avnet Partner Solutions reseller arm, which has separate units for IBM and HP gear and their respective reseller channels. That unit will remain located in Westminster, Colorado.
…
Access Distribution began its relationship with Sun back in 1991, when Sun was largely a workstation maker and the distributor was called Access Graphics. As Sun grew during the workstation, ERP, and dot-com booms, Access grew and was acquired by Lockheed Martin. In November 1997, GE acquired Access Graphics for $2.8 billion in stock when it was generating more than $1 billion in sales. John Ramsey, the father of JonBenét Ramsey, was president and chief executive officer of Access Graphics when his daughter was murdered in December 1996, and he remained at Lockheed Martin when Access Graphics was transferred to GE.
At the time GE Capital Information Technology Solutions had 10,000 employees and Access Graphics certainly fit into its business model of distributing IT products and providing financing for them.
http://www.itjungle.com/tug/tug110906-story01.html

Projected sales for Access Distribution are expected to be greater than $2 billion in calendar 2006, with roughly 90 percent coming from the Americas and the remainder from Europe. Through approximately 600 people worldwide, Access provides innovative solutions to increase its partners' profitability and create competitive advantage. Access Distribution markets a portfolio of technology products highly complementary to Avnet's existing offerings and will be integrated into Avnet's Technology Solutions Group (TS). Upon completion of the acquisition, TS will have an expanded line card of complementary products and will now generate revenues from more than 35 countries.
http://www.avnet.com/prl/home/0,196...3DN%26intY%3D%26BID%3DDF3%26CTP%3DPRL,00.html

Also:

Access Distribution will move 150 employees from Boulder to its office in Westminster, severing the company's ties to Boulder 17 years after a merger brought the thriving operation to Pearl Street and JonBenet Ramsey's family to Boulder.
The computer software distributor, partially an outgrowth of a business John Ramsey started in Roswell, Ga., expects to relocate the workers during the last three months of the year, the company said.
The move will consolidate the company after three years in which its Boulder sales force worked separately from the rest of the business. Access Distribution, a General Electric subsidiary, moved 300 employees out of offices scattered around downtown Boulder in 2003 to a new headquarters just south of Broomfield.
"Given the nature of our business and the importance of having our inside sales organization located in our main headquarters, we have determined that we will be moving our remaining employees from the Boulder Pearl Street location to the Westmoor Technology Park in Westminster," company spokeswoman Kathryn Marshall said in a written statement.
The loss of those jobs from downtown will be a painful moment in an otherwise healthy year for downtown, said Jane Jenkins, executive director of Downtown Boulder Inc., which markets the area.
"I think we will notice it, but I don't think that space will be vacant very long," she said.

New tenants have filled the space vacated by Access Distribution in 2003.
The company was born in a 1989 merger of Boulder-based CAD Distributors Inc., Piscatway, N.J.-based CAD Sources Inc. and Roswell, Ga.-based Advanced Products, the company started by John Ramsey. The combined company, originally called Access Graphics, based itself in Boulder.
The Ramsey family moved to Boulder two years later. By the time the infamous murder of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey took place, Access Graphics had been bought by defense giant Lockheed Martin.
It sold the business to GE in 1997. John Ramsey left the company to be a consultant, and the Ramsey family moved to Atlanta.
http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_13061626#axzz1GoNJ9lSd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back