FL FL - Miami Beach, WhtMale UP6736, 30-40, 6'9" & 335 lbs, drowned, Dec'09

I received an email from Miami effectively ruling out Gregory Brushett as the unidentified. The fingerprints, from their examination, don't match. There are "whirls" where there as supposed to be "swirls" and other line formations that don't match up.

I'm keeping my eye on this UID and Gregory.....fwiw.

Oh and the Halifax LE strongly feels that Gregory never made it out of Canada and was probably murdered closer to his date of disappearance. (for what that is worth...)

So, with a less than honest housekeeper the wallet is gone.
If it were in the room safe, there again it depends on the housekeeper.

hmmm...

Thanks Carbuff!

The article leaves the impression that the hotels in the immediate area were checked rather thoroughly with no results, but if a housekeeper or maintenance person had snatched the wallet, the might not want to say. Definitely a possibility, I would think.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: broken link to MP Daniel Doughty>

This is the only person I could find who looks even reasonably close. Lots not adding up but similar facial shape, size and height.

Can we do a side by side pic comparision on Donald Doughty? I really think this could be a match, anyone else?

From above link

Missing Since: January 5, 2009 from Indianapolis, Indiana
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: Unknown
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 275 lbs.
Hair Color: Gray
Eye Color: Blue
Race: White

Donald had gray hair and blue eyes. the UID has what looks like naturally dark hair and brown eyes.

the eye colors just don't match.

Here is the doenetwork page for this unidentified male. I hope he is identified soon. I do still think Donald Doherty and Geoffrey Meisner are possible matches imho.

3511UMFL

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Miami Beach Police Department

Detective Ken Matthews
305-673-7940

--
Miami-Dade Medical Examiner
305-545-2400

You may remain anonymous when submitting information. Agency Case Numbers:

2009-03185; 2009-3185
NCIC Number:
U-340022891
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

wow very disappointed that Gregory Bruschett was ruled out in this case. Really saw the similarities.

wow very disappointed that Gregory Bruschett was ruled out in this case. Really saw the similarities.

A real dissapointment, that is for sure. I know Miami is a vacation destination as well, I've been looking around at foreign missing persons sites to see if anyone is close...no luck yet.

There are many many reasons why the possible I'm posting is unlikely (missing person 8 inches too short, disappeared half a world and almost half a decade away) but there is just something about that reconstruction that keeps reminding me of him so very much. So I'm posting him anyway.

BRAZIER, Simon
Personal Details

* Year of birth: 1971
* Height: 182 cm
* Build: Solid
* Eyes: Hazel
* Hair: Brown

I'll be honest. This rule out still bothers me. I can't help but wonder, with a criminal history, if Gregory was somehow able to switch the prints on file for his most recent arrest. I wish they would have gone with DNA, but at min I wish Gregory's most recent prints was compared to earlier prints. If for nothing else to confirm the prints compared with the UID were in fact Gregs. Greg and the UID still look like twins to me...

jmo

Another two Australians it could possibly be are

Danny Charles Walker

Who certainly has the height but would have had to stack on some weight in the two years before they Doe was found. Supposedly has black hair, but one of the photos it looks more brownish to me.

Benjamin Steve Wells

This Doe's height is not on the internet, but he is of heavy build (in police jargon around here that means something like "built like a concrete toilet block') looks a bit similar to the Doe, has dark brown hair, was known to be selling his things before he disappeared in 2004.

Wells, UID NamUs 6736, Walker

Attachments

• Benjamin Steve Wells.jpg
    Benjamin Steve Wells.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 45
  • NamUs UP 6736.jpg
    NamUs UP 6736.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Danny Walker.jpg
    Danny Walker.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 47
Assuming the photo of Walker in the black tank top is more recent -- it looks like he's already putting on weight, and his hair is starting to get a little thin at the center, where the UID has almost a little peak. He has the same hooded eyes and big chin with a dimple or indent in the center.

I'm having trouble getting the photos to the same scale to see whether features line up.

Wells has some similarities, too.

This case is very interesting to me (for some reason). I was positive it was a match in the initial postings. I needed to bump it.

A new article mentions this case and that the UID had codeine and alcohol in his system. Also mentions rule outs from Indiana, Nova Scotia and Italy... <modsnip: broken link>

According to Miami-Dade medical examiners, they still have almost 200 unidentified bodies. Some are kept in coolers. Others have been stripped of their flesh and placed in the "bone room."

And one body a helluva lot bigger than the others.

On Christmas Eve 2009, a couple was walking along Miami Beach when they spotted a massive figure floating face down in the surf near the 17th Street lifeguard stand. The 6'9" 335 pound man was wearing nothing but swim trunks and New Balance sneakers.

An autopsy revealed alcohol and codeine in the man's system as well as nearly two liters of seawater in his lungs.

Medical investigator Sandra Boyd assumed it would be an open-and-shut case. "How can somebody not notice a man that big go missing?"she says.

Indeed, detectives from across the country were soon calling in with cases of missing big men. At first, Davie Police thought the John Doe might be Howard Gratteau, who disappeared back in 1986. But the eye colors didn't match....

A new article mentions this case and that the UID had codeine and alcohol in his system. Also mentions rule outs from Indiana, Nova Scotia and Italy... <modsnip: broken link>

Thanks so much for posting this! I was always wondering if Ms.Boyd was able to get a DNA sample for Greg. Truly amazing it wasn't a "hit"...I remember how nervous I was calling Halifax at 3:00am to report the tip.

How in the HECK does someone that large go missing and no one reports/ notices? Seriously

"The John Doe was a dead ringer for Brushett: tall, handsome, and built like an NFL lineman.

Boyd sent off a sample of the man's DNA to compare against the biker, but the results came back negative. Body #2009-03185 remains unidentified."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back