TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they know each other too! I just am wondering about it being someone she dated because they were all accounted for. But people keep saying someone is missing. What if he's not? What if he goes to her at night? She could be tied up at his house. If it is someone that is not "missing" then I have to think they did NOT know each other. But I think they did know each other.

Exactly,

People around her didnt know they really knew each other... Maybe?

I never told my mom everything.
I went to catholic school goody goody girl but man oh man i fell for this biker dude and NO one liked him but i never told anyone... He wasnt a bad guy just the leather jacket and hair scared everyone lol This could be what happend here.

Greengreen, if you don't want to answer this question I would understand.

Has any of this evidence been found in places after they had already been searched?

Greengreen what the locals think in terms of who did it doesn't mean much if they have no evidence or proof and sometimes it can actually lead to assumptions and a bad investigation. Sometimes lightning does strike twice in terms of bad things happening to good people. If this isn't a local known to the family?

Simple statements like "sometimes things are not what they appear"

How about sometimes investigations are not what they appear, how about sometimes abductions are not what they appear?

The same lack of specific and definitive statements makes this look haphazard.

Fast forward to new Hampshire where all current and past boyfriends have already been discussed by LE.

From the moment the brothers account of events was released it's been one mis-statement or non clear word after another. I certainly hope the case is being handled better than the public statements/release of information.

I have to agree with ya here ensht. that Nh case they have outed everyone.
and they have not compromised the case they have kept all their evidence under wraps but heck ya know whats going on.

Not here NO NO NO. its guess your best!
and i think it all went south after that 911 call.

gosh I've been staring at those photos.

Whatever it is, it must be very small.

I feel like it's in a tissue, then dropped in the envelope.

Looks like the volunteer in the headband/hat/w/ blue shirt found it.

I don't think it's a tissue. The officer is holding whatever it is with what looks like a rubber glove to me.

Holly disappeared 2 weeks ago today. To her family, I imagine it feels like 2 years. The pain must be unbearable for them. I hope today is the day that she is found.

1. Do a lot of the homes have a basement in that area?

2. Do people who go out of the area have people 'house sit' to take care of their animals etc while they're gone. Just curious, as that would explain an extraneous person in the area who doesn't work, etc.

I agree it would be really helpful to the Bobo's to know what they have to face in regards to Holly. I'm still praying she's safe and alive, which contradicts what my 'imagination' tells me.

Are you ok from last night's weather? We definitely got hammered. I haven't heard of any fatalities, thankfully.

I'm still here....but those were some nasty storms last night.....looking pretty dark out there right now too....my youngest son is at Ole Miss and they're getting hit hard right now.

I'm still here....but those were some nasty storms last night.....looking pretty dark out there right now too....my youngest son is at Ole Miss and they're getting hit hard right now.

Please stay safe everyone! How weird all of this weather going on. Here in TX we are experiencing the worst drought we have ever seen especially here in South TX. You guys are getting it rough. Stay safe and may Holly be found today.

Mick, I've been doing some research on old mines, etc. Here's an idea: there are many old iron smelting furnaces used long ago, the ruins still exist. In fact, there is an Iron Furnace Trail in Decatur Co. where people hike, ride horses, etc. There are low openings and a triangular shape to some of them.

That's an interesting though, Concentric....are the pictures on google images, or did you find them elsewhere?

It strikes me as strange that they have called the searchers off for a couple of days.
Could this mean they have determined that Holly left willingly and they know where she is? Could she possibly have run off with a guy and they have run out of money but are stranded miles away from home?

Good Morning!

In regards to the statement "sometimes things are not as they appear"... This was said after quite a few people called in questioning why the brother would not have gone out to help if he had seen someone leading her away in the woods. I personally took it to mean whatever the brother saw did not cause him alarm, but now that we know she was abducted it actually was in deed a critical situation. So in the brother's case it wasn't what it appeared to be - like an innocent situation with a BF. Does that make sense? :) Not sure if I explained that very well.

I don't think it's a tissue. The officer is holding whatever it is with what looks like a rubber glove to me.

good eyes! And here I was biting my tongue about LE not using gloves to bag this evidence. :)

Regardless, using gloves in that way ... perhaps the item might not be as small as I'd been thinking - if one can scrunch up a rubber glove to grab & bag it - if hands are sweaty - might be the way to go...

It strikes me as strange that they have called the searchers off for a couple of days.
Could this mean they have determined that Holly left willingly and they know where she is? Could she possibly have run off with a guy and they have run out of money but are stranded miles away from home?

IDK seems kinda far fetched to me. And LE did state empathetically they thought Holly was in fear for her life. I think weather (and the number of completed searches) resulted in the scaling back of large scale volunteer searches. You can only search the same areas over and over so many times. If something isnt there it isnt there weather you search it 2 days or 2 weeks.

Weather surely played a part. But I also think that whatever they found Sunday changed things up.

All I'm saying is people are instinctual creatures and can be swayed. The mis statements by LE from day one have hurt. Focus on the brother brought on by perceived inconsistencies that were in ALL likelihood just LE not getting it straight may have had people thinking about him versus a strange car they saw etc. It continued this week with obtuse circular speak from two different TBI sources.

In those initial few days the fact that they didn't clear the brother doesn't bother me. The fact they may have inadvertently had some focus on him?

The events surrounding Sunday....why the secrecy?

Btw....do they think the perp/perps didn't know what evidence they left there? So why the secrecy?

Remember a few weeks ago tha tmother of 5 was reported missing her husband went hunting it was the wrong weekend he came home and she was gone she ran away! No charges were filed.

Makes ya wonder dosent it!

But the thing is its 2 weeks now and thousands of ppl are looking for her she would have come in.. JMO

I still think she is with this guy hes afraid. Maybe he will turn himself in.

motive?

revenge?
a debt?
a hazing/initiation?
a pregnancy?

... can be a motive.

hoping not the case here, but ... as there is some discussion about young people and drama ...

Love/obsession can also be a motive.

Greengreen, if you don't want to answer this question I would understand.

Has any of this evidence been found in places after they had already been searched?

I think green green stepped away for a min... hasnt said anything in a while!

Btw....do they think the perp/perps didn't know what evidence they left there? So why the secrecy?

Maybe they want the perp to be sweating it out not knowing what evidence has been found. I'm not of the mind that the perp has been planting the evidence. I'm of the mind that he threw stuff out willy nilly to just spread the evidence around. But that's just my opinion!

I think they know each other too! I just am wondering about it being someone she dated because they were all accounted for. But people keep saying someone is missing. What if he's not? What if he goes to her at night? She could be tied up at his house. If it is someone that is not "missing" then I have to think they did NOT know each other. But I think they did know each other.

Like you said, he could very well have slipped right back into society, especially if he already killed her. Either way this guy is not normal so I don't expect him to be very sociable. There is no reason the average 30 year old who's been out of college for about 7 years and starting his own life couldn't be responsible for this and get away with it with nobody noticing a thing.

I am just out of college and moved away from my home town. I live by myself and don't know all that many people from this semi-new area. I talk to my parents on the phone and talk/text a few others daily. If you weren't expected to be somewhere like work on that morning, how can you guarantee that somebody "saw something or knows something", especially somebody acting odd. I would think that a sick individual could do this quite easily and fit right back in to where he was in his life 24 hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee