TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, that would mean the 911 call would be public record since she was taken before that. Or am I wrong on that??

Thanks to Emma and Carla...regardless of what happens with this new law, LE can withhold the 911 call(s) as long as the case is still an open investigation.

it has not passe yet! they are trying to stop the actual calls from being released , but the written transcript can still be released!

this was done way before she went missing it has nothing to do with her calls.

Thank you!!!!! And, I didn't think it had anything to do with her calls. Just thinking out loud and commenting on another post about the 911 calls being public or not. I'm sure if there was anything of importance in them, then LE would do all they could to keep the important info privy to them.

How about the concern of offending a prominent or well connected family! MOO

Somehow I don't think the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is too concerned about a prominent or well connected family. When it comes to saving an innocent person's life, they would go after the governor's son, if necessary. JMO.

It was fast into the vehicle, I have to agree with that, based on what little we can put together given the 7:30 AM - 7:59 AM window from "abduction" to LE arrival at the residence.

The window's smaller than that if CB took time to run around the property and realize they were gone at, say, 7:40.

There might have been confusion though, with CB thinking for part of the time that Holly was with BF and must have gone in BF's car - he may not have thought of heading for the woods on foot...

Ok the time line what time did holly leave and how long till clint called 911 an hr? I dont believe he called right away that some time has past. if it was an hr that would make it 630 and at 6 30 its dark.. sooo

I have a question. Does anyone know if they used bloodhounds or dogs of any kind to track her after she was abducted? It seems to me that would have been a great place to start considering LE was there fairly quickly. At least soon enough for a dog to get a scent of hers and begin tracking. If they didn't, then I wonder if they plan to at all. Even going to the places the "items" were found. I know there have been storms, but it seems like a good shot anyway. It definitely would have been better if they did it in the beginning.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/28/us-bobo-tennessee-weather-idUSTRE73R7C020110428

Strange wording..."may have been abducted."

Oh well, what isn't strange with this case.

There isn't anything in this case that couldn't have the word "may" with it. :banghead: I suspect we won't hear anything else until they find out who took Holly and arrest him or them. This is one airtight investigation and gives us very little to think about. I hope all the silence results in Holly coming home safe.

Ok the time line what time did holly leave and how long till clint called 911 an hr? I dont believe he called right away that some time has past. if it was an hr that would make it 630 and at 6 30 its dark.. sooo

I don't know what you mean.

Holly normally left for school at 7:30. Abduction time & scream has been put at 7:30.

Clint called 911 between 7:30 and 8:50, IIRC.

At 6:30 AM both kids might still be sleeping, parents might be awake.

But I guess I don't know why we're talking about 6:30?

Bad guy could have snuck on property in the dark at 6:30, of course, waiting for mom & dad to leave....

Very good point!!! Also, Mom left before Holly...as a teacher, how early would she have had to be at school? If she was able to get back home before the police arrived, she couldn't work that far from home, right???

The blogs and links that are allowed here in this thread are in the opening post of each thread. I would suggest that everyone go and look at the list. Naming a site and continuing to discuss it when you get **** is going to earn you a week off, it is a serious TOS violation.

I believe the moderator ruling*mine* when I allowed you to discuss this rumor by a radio personality in the Parking Lot was that it ended when that thread closed. Yesterday I allowed what was said to be quoted and asked that you not continue this discussion because it is a rumor. This man admitted it was a rumor and he couldn't source it.

Knock it off. Moderators should not have to be here 24/7 you have had 2 weeks to get it right and TO's begin right now. I just removed 18 posts.

It is your responsibility to know TOS and to read the opening post.

I don't know what you mean.

Holly normally left for school at 7:30. Abduction time & scream has been put at 7:30.

Clint called 911 between 7:30 and 8:50, IIRC.

At 6:30 AM both kids might still be sleeping, parents might be awake.

But I guess I don't know why we're talking about 6:30?

Bad guy could have snuck on property in the dark at 6:30, of course, waiting for mom & dad to leave....

I'm trying to locate the article, but I believe Clint called 911 at 7:30 and the police arrived at 7:59...

I have a question. Does anyone know if they used bloodhounds or dogs of any kind to track her after she was abducted? It seems to me that would have been a great place to start considering LE was there fairly quickly. At least soon enough for a dog to get a scent of hers and begin tracking. If they didn't, then I wonder if they plan to at all. Even going to the places the "items" were found. I know there have been storms, but it seems like a good shot anyway. It definitely would have been better if they did it in the beginning.

They used LE K-9 dogs, dogs got her scent, but they weren't trained to distinguish "old scent" from "brand new scent".

It was Holly's home. Consequently Holly's scent was all over property and not from just her movement that morning.

Dogs were not helpful, but only b/c they were trained a certain way - not to track people with so many different scent trails on their own property like that...

see Sarx posts about this - she is our search & rescue dog expert - and I'm only paraphrasing her very fine explanations.

I was also under the impression that he waited about an hour before calling 911, but I can't recall if I read that or heard it here. Anyway, it made me think: Uh, what time did the mother and father leave for work?! Did they work so far away they'd have had to have left the house at THAT time of the morning? And what on earth would HB be doing getting into her car to leave for college at that time?! Didn't make sense, so I just assumed the info must have been wrong.

As for the phrase "may have been abducted"...that makes me think not of a "runaway bride", but that HB may not have ever left the property. :waitasec:

Please forgive me in advance for this city girl dumb question, but if someone owns 20 acres of property do they maintain/regulate use of it themselves, or do they hire someone....?

After reading the FBI spokeswoman's statement, I believe with all my heart that Holly is alive and well.

do they think she ran off ??? like run away bride??? a plan??
I don't understnd that either.

passion,
In my most honest gut feeling, that's what I think the FBI is saying. The wording is there--
the FBI said-- no more searches, questions have been answered.
Can't be much more clearer than that.

For now, there won't be volunteers called out to participate, except on an as-needed basis, according to TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm.

"Two weeks into an investigation you begin to have questions answered that initially are a mystery," said Helm, who did not confirm published reports of a suspect or suspects in the case. "So the investigation begins to narrow when questions are answered and the results of forensic evidence are turned in to investigators."

Thank you!!!!! And, I didn't think it had anything to do with her calls. Just thinking out loud and commenting on another post about the 911 calls being public or not. I'm sure if there was anything of importance in them, then LE would do all they could to keep the important info privy to them.

I didnt think that
i wasnt sure i made sense!

They used LE K-9 dogs, dogs got her scent, but they weren't trained to distinguish "old scent" from "brand new scent".

It was Holly's home. Consequently Holly's scent was all over property and not from just her movement that morning.

Dogs were not helpful, but only b/c they were trained a certain way - not to track people with so many different scent trails on their own property like that...

see Sarx posts about this - she is our search & rescue dog expert - and I'm only paraphrasing her very fine explanations.

Thank you Emma!! I haven't posted on here in a long time, and came across this case. I thought I read all the posts, but I must have missed that one. I appreciate all the info you gave. :crazy:

Please forgive me in advance for this city girl dumb question, but if someone owns 20 acres of property do they maintain/regulate use of it themselves, or do they hire someone....?

Depends on what you do with the property.

Example: most of our property is wooded, but we have a pasture, an orchard, and a large lawn area around the house. We maintain the areas we use (some people do hire folks to do this for them, I guess), but the wild, wooded area is left to fend for itself. Unless a tree comes down on a fence or something, no need to bother with it. Most of the people I know in my community do the same.

passion,
In my most honest gut feeling, that's what I think the FBI is saying. The wording is there--
the FBI said-- no more searches, questions have been answered.
Can't be much more clearer than that.

Your not kidding!

I didnt think that
i wasnt sure i made sense!

I hear ya there. It's hard to say things on a computer. I never seem to get all that I think in my head out on a post. :blushing: Thanks for clearing it all up for me. I am re learning the lingo and such on here. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82