TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979278739

Can someone tell me what "high profile investigators" are?

Lol I guess that would depend on who was doing the talking. Personally, I wouldn't know any investigator if I saw one.

I live in the country in TN and am also single. I have taken extra precautions since this abduction, and will continue to do so. I can only pray that they find Holly, and the person responsible!

I would have sent you a private message, but don't know how to do it, and don't even know if I have those privileges.

You don't know how glad I am to hear you say this. I too am a single woman living in the country (Benton County). I moved here from Northern Illinois and have lived here for a year. Up until Holly's disappearance, I felt very safe. I never closed the curtains, left the back door wide open at night, really thought that I could practically walk around naked in my backyard if I wanted to, and nobody would be the wiser.

I wasn't even aware of the SO in Benton County who was arrested on 4/19 for stalking women until I read it here.

I've become VERY uncomfortable - won't even go out to my car after dark. I do NOT like feeling these feelings.

There is something that rings true in ignorance being bliss, and living an oblivious sort of life.......

Thank you for sharing your feelings - I thought it was just me becoming overly paranoid.

I hope that big dogs and a shotgun are enough protection if necessary.

Also, something that keeps coming back to my head is something I learned on the Oprah show - NEVER, EVER let an attacker take you to another location...

Boy, that felt good to get it out there.

For now, I am NOT Happy Bonnie.

Oh, thank you for the clarification! I'm sure it was probably me. :blushing: I've driven 700 miles since yesterday for my daughter's college graduation and am totally FRIED. I should probably give up on complex thoughts for the day, lol.

No it was the way I worded it. The bad thing about not talking in person :/

They're the kind of investigators who show up in the copy of amateur writers who really don't know much about what's going on, but want to act like they have the inside info.

Go dot.....you are still funny.

Thank you for sharing and what wonderful news about being reunited with your daughter! Hopefully it will be the same outcome for the Bobo family!

I know! And many thanks! Her Mom, and the community, just need to never give up HOPE!! Ever!

On the post that said how Oprah's show taught to never let them take you to another location- I have heard that too. They say that you should kick, scream, do whatever you have to. If they have a weapon, and you are moving, there's a small chance that you would get a fatal would. But realistically- if you go anywhere other than that original site, you are not making it out alive.

That was one of the saddest cases ever... it still haunts me.

Me too, and talk about eery:

Jessica belonged to a church youth group, King's Kids, and had attended a meeting the night before she disappeared. She'd been preparing for a contest, memorizing a passage from the Bible, Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Holly's favorite.

It was still dark outside with HS's perp grabbed her arm. Maybe HS's perp didn't care who else was in the house because he thought he could get her under control without being seen at that time of the morning.

Also, I want to keep in mind that HS's perp didn't say anything threatening, and he didn't attempt to attack her. He grabbed her arm, and ran when she screamed because her bf looked out of the window. Now, of course he was up to no good because he did run, but what kind of no good? Maybe he was going to rob her for drug money? Maybe he wanted her car?
idk..just throwing it out there.
We don't know if his intention was to abduct HS. Could be two different people with two different agendas.

Very good points about not knowing what the perp.'s intentions were. FWIW, I wasn't necessarily suggesting that it was the same person, just making note of the fact that, regardless of what he was up to, he either didn't know or didn't care if someone was home, and this could be the same in Holly's case, even if it's someone else. All this is to say that I don't think it necessarily had to be someone who knew her schedule exactly, just that there was a good chance he'd encounter her that morning. MOO

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979278739

Can someone tell me what "high profile investigators" are?

Charlisa, I'm thinking high profile case, widely distributed. TBI/FBI perhaps?

I am under the impression that no, not everyone did.

I have also heard/read this as well... I'm glad to see you say it because I cannot find where I heard/read it from. :banghead:

Maybe you had said it before and I just remember reading it from you?

I can't find the info I am looking at on the SO that was arrested. Does anyone know the timeline on when he was arrested, etc.?

The article about his arrest is dated April 18th...
His last name is Nickell or Nickells...

My poor brain is empty. Good night and prayers that Holly is found tomorrow!

The article about his arrest is dated April 18th...
His last name is Nickell or Nickells...

Well that's interesting. I hope that HS could at least rule him out if it wasn't him who grabbed her. She lives in a fairly remote area as well (from what I've read) and a guy grabbing you in the dark is NOT going to be there to rob you. I am not saying it's this guy, but I can't get past this attempted abduction just a couple of months before. Whoever it was probably was stalking HS first and then when this happened, he decided to stop stalking her and perhaps saw Holly somewhere and began to stalk her. I know that stalkers can stalk more than one person at a time. BTK stalked more than one and would just go to the next person if that one didn't pan out. He even broke into a woman's house that he was stalking, but she wasn't home that night. He sent her a letter afterwards telling her how lucky she was that she wasn't home.

Perhaps he does live in Holly's community, but I just am having trouble getting past the HS case.

I'm thinking definitely gunpoint. MOO

i dont know, i have this feeling that what the brother saw must have looked totally natural & non threatening for him not to react negatively right away.

not sure if this makes sense but im thinking of it like say as a parent, when you hear your kids cry you instinctively know if it's one of those "this is bad i need to help" cries or just an "okay you can probably let them work that out" cries.

in hindsight they are saying she must have been "dragged out" (& i have seen this term being discussed as a figure of speech what have you) or that she would not have gone willingly - but i think instinctively if she was behaving even in slightest bit apprehensive i wonder if the brother would have picked up on that & reacted differently?
& not at all saying she went off willingly, but was maybe tricked somehow in a non threatening way?

& yet the blood:waitasec:

i dont know, i have this feeling that what the brother saw must have looked totally natural & non threatening for him not to react negatively right away.

not sure if this makes sense but im thinking of it like say as a parent, when you hear your kids cry you instinctively know if it's one of those "this is bad i need to help" cries or just an "okay you can probably let them work that out" cries.

in hindsight they are saying she must have been "dragged out" (& i have seen this term being discussed as a figure of speech what have you) or that she would not have gone willingly - but i think instinctively if she was behaving even in slightest bit apprehensive i wonder if the brother would have picked up on that & reacted differently?
& not at all saying she went off willingly, but was maybe tricked somehow in a non threatening way?

& yet the blood:waitasec:

The blood bothers me. We don't know whose it is, or therefore if it's even related. Too much coincidence to not be I know. But still so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff