Are You Being Served? star Trevor Bannister dies at 76

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Are You Being Served? star Trevor Bannister has died aged 76, his brother has confirmed.

The actor suffered a heart attack on Thursday (April 15) at his allotment in Thames Ditton, Surrey, John Bannister said.

The actor was best known for his role as ladies' man Mr Lucas in the 1970s BBC sitcom set in a department store but he also worked in the theatre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13098312

This is sad news. We're losing this cast at a tremendous rate. :(

Thankfully, we'll have this show around forever, since it never gets tired.

Rest in peace, Mr Bannister.

This is sad news. We're losing this cast at a tremendous rate. :(

Thankfully, we'll have this show around forever, since it never gets tired.

Rest in peace, Mr Bannister.

I think Frank Thornton (Captain Peacock) is the only original member still alive, and he is 90! Mike Berry, who came in around 1981, is still alive (Mr. Spooner.) I just watched AYBS tonight, actually. I didn't know Mr. Bannister was also in The Last Of The Summer Wine. If I had, I'd have watched it more often. You could just tell how much talent the man had, a tremendous comedy actor.

I think Frank Thornton (Captain Peacock) is the only original member still alive, and he is 90! Mike Berry, who came in around 1981, is still alive (Mr. Spooner.) I just watched AYBS tonight, actually. I didn't know Mr. Bannister was also in The Last Of The Summer Wine. If I had, I'd have watched it more often. You could just tell how much talent the man had, a tremendous comedy actor.

Nicholas Smith is still alive.

I am just hearing about this... RIP Mr. Lucas!

Frank Thornton (Mr. Peacock) was still kicking it as an actor in Last of the Summer Wine, right up to its cancellation last summer.

I didnt know this! I can't believe Trevor was 76. I used to watch him in the seventies and that program was so big back then!

My sister used to live in Holmfirth where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed. A beautiful place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back