TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
But...LE has repeatedly verified that there was a scream, at least that a scream was reported by the neighbor, and up until a couple days ago (apparently) also made it very clear that there was more than one 911 call.

Well for one, based on a photo like this, I could find my way around that property fairly easy without having to spend days and hours casing the house.

Ive been in the woods in FLorida year round. I imagine its very similar. In some ways FL may be more impenetrable in a lot of areas since its swampier, more mangroves, marshes. We live in a wetlands area but you can still get around pretty good. Ive played paintball in the woods here year round. At least TN doesnt have crocodiles and alligators that I know of.

Wonder the impression from locals - about the aerial view & what it tells them - maybe they will chime in...

I'm going to answer some questions that were asked but they were so spread out I didn't quote them.

LE is searching today, in a more specific area. That was on the news.

The sheriff here said there were 2 calls made to 911. The identity of the woman that called has not been released. Different media outlets have reported it was a neighbor and some reported it was the mother. When the story was first told here, it was reported that it was the mother. LE has NOT confirmed that. Even though some news reports say differently.

When the story first broke, it was reported that the brother was in the bed when something woke him up and he looked out the window at the point. Several different versions have followed. It is not the brother's story changing, but rather paraphrasing by the media, and miswording by LE when relaying his observations. Now let me say I don't know which account is accurate, but I do know the brother's story is not changing.

what I found more interesting/useful is that there are plenty of places were you could park not only a pick up or a jeep but just an old beater car. This isnt the Amazon rain forrest here. And you could get fairly close to the house with a vehicle from most directions and still make it back to the main road. I assume since the garage seems enclosed and not used to house cars they park either on the paved area by the front door or perhaps around back (where it looks like there is a white car). I know a lot of houses where the people that live there go in and out the back and park in the back.

I know they made it seem like it was the Amazon LOL Heck a car could have been parked right there. who knows what kind of trails there are thru there.

I give up on all this all we are doing is guessing.
And with each day that passes i dont think Holly is comming home!
If this person that did this has her i think he would have left her somewhere and
took off for parts unknown not sit around and wait to get caught! Because it would only be a matter of time till they figured out who it is and they may already know and he might be long gone to boot! He has a better chance hiding then hanging around town... JMO

But...LE has repeatedly verified that there was a scream, at least that a scream was reported by the neighbor, and up until a couple days ago (apparently) also made it very clear that there was more than one 911 call.

LE reports to 911 calls... one from Clint and one from an unidentified woman who heard screams.

I believe (posted here but way back) there is a video with an interview with a neighbor who said she heard screams and called 911. I assume it is the same person although no official connection or confirmation was made.

My opinion is that Holly screamed at some point AWAY from her house and closer to a neighbor's house, hence the second 911 call. I think she was led away on her own, and at some point was put into a car/taken out of a car/bound or taped, etc and thats when the scream happened. The suspect whisked her away from her house quickly and at some point stopped to do something and thast when she screamed.

Wonder the impression from locals - about the aerial view & what it tells them - maybe they will chime in...

I am still under the impression that the carport had been enclosed to make a living space, that no vehicles actually parked there. I was told the whole family parked in the driveway. /as far as people saying it would be easy to navigate. It's not. There are a lot of unmarked roads in the area and you would HAVE to know where you were going. I believe the reason LE is stating this is because there were other people that did NOT witness seeing a vehicle in the area at the time. Remember this is when a lot of people would be leaving to go to work. This is why it was believed they went through the woods to get to a vehicle that was not seen by anyone that morning.

Greengreen what is your impression of my map? Do you think I have the house described correctly?

I live in the eastern part of TN and the woods by our house is easy to walk through in the winter but as soon as everything starts growing back you can hardly walk. I'm guessing it's much the same there.

Well what it like in Tenn now? Is it all grown back or just starting tooo.
I know by june its all thick but now? wouldnt it just be starting to grow?

Greengreen what is your impression of my map? Do you think I have the house described correctly?

I do believe you have described the house correctly. The part I think outside observers are having trouble with is the thinking that a car could have been parked close. Sure it could have been but people were out that morning and no one saw a vehicle at that time. Thus the theory of traveling through the woods. Sure there are trails, that lead to other trails, which lead to other trails. You would HAVE to know the woods to know which way to go. If you weren't on a trail you wouldn't have been able to get through a lot of areas. It's grown up with a lot of trees, shrubbery, vines, briar thickets, etc. that is not shown on the map. Also there are a lot of trees that have fallen over during the storms in the last couple of months that you cannot see on the map.

greengreen -

any impression regarding the direction that Holly was forced to the woods towards?

would it be towards the lake? (south - well, if the aerial is actually oriented that way...)

or towards the road. (east)

or otherwise?

Well what it like in Tenn now? Is it all grown back or just starting tooo.
I know by june its all thick but now? wouldnt it just be starting to grow?

We've had a ton of rain and everything is leafed out/thick already. It's been that way for a few weeks.

I do believe you have described the house correctly. The part I think outside observers are having trouble with is the thinking that a car could have been parked close. Sure it could have been but people were out that morning and no one saw a vehicle at that time. Thus the theory of traveling through the woods. Sure there are trails, that lead to other trails, which lead to other trails. You would HAVE to know the woods to know which way to go. If you weren't on a trail you wouldn't have been able to get through a lot of areas. It's grown up with a lot of trees, shrubbery, vines, briar thickets, etc. that is not shown on the map. Also there are a lot of trees that have fallen over during the storms in the last couple of months that you cannot see on the map.

What I am having a hard time with is where Holly and the perp's feet were planted so to speak when Clint saw them. The overwhelming majority of reports have Clint saying they were going "across the carport" and "towards the woods". I don't get the impression that they were entering the woods, but that their feet were planted somewhere on that kind of circular section of the driveway that is in front of the house - whichever section of it the family is used to referring to as "the carport".

Additionally, I have to factor in the Sheriff saying that he thought the perp was waiting at Holly's car.

Do you know if the family usually parked on that sort of circular section of driveway directly in front of the house? Or the straight section of driveway going to the road?

Thanks!
BeanE

Would any local be kind enough to describe how the mail is delivered in this area? Is it delivered to the house, on the street mailbox, or to a group of boxes for the whole street and residences pick it up? ... Just another descriptive detail to understand the area, those who commonly access the house, or may have been in position to see someone who was watching the house.

greengreen -

any impression regarding the direction that Holly was forced to the woods towards?

would it be towards the lake? (south - well, if the aerial is actually oriented that way...)

or towards the road. (east)

or otherwise?

I have no idea. All we were told was into the woods.

Would any local be kind enough to describe how the mail is delivered in this area? Is it delivered to the house, on the street mailbox, or to a group of boxes for the whole street and residences pick it up? ... Just another descriptive detail to understand the area, those who commonly access the house, or may have been in position to see someone who was watching the house.

The mail is delivered to the mailboxes at the street unless there is a package that will not fit in the mailbox. Usually rural areas get there mail later in the day.

What I am having a hard time with is where Holly and the perp's feet were planted so to speak when Clint saw them. The overwhelming majority of reports have Clint saying they were going "across the carport" and "towards the woods". I don't get the impression that they were entering the woods, but that their feet were planted somewhere on that kind of circular section of the driveway that is in front of the house - whichever section of it the family is used to referring to as "the carport".

Additionally, I have to factor in the Sheriff saying that he thought the perp was waiting at Holly's car.

Do you know if the family usually parked on that sort of circular section of driveway directly in front of the house? Or the straight section of driveway going to the road?

Thanks!
BeanE

I have not heard the report that said the Sheriff believes he was waiting at her car so I can't comment on that. I am not sure where they parked currently. Only that the area referred to as the carport had been enclosed and was actually no longer the carport. IMO, I am going to believe the carport thing was not correct reporting since it is no longer being used. Now all we have is she was being led into the woods for fear of her life.

I have not heard the report that said the Sheriff believes he was waiting at her car so I can't comment on that. I am not sure where they parked currently. Only that the area referred to as the carport had been enclosed and was actually no longer the carport. IMO, I am going to believe the carport thing was not correct reporting since it is no longer being used. Now all we have is she was being led into the woods for fear of her life.

Green green my DIL describes it as a garage without a door.....other LE referred to it as a carport.....but that's where Holly's car was parked, I won't comment on the blood evidence.

Gosh this looks almost exactly like a property I own. (Not in TN, but the rural similarities are- well, similar.)
The layout of the home- right down to the pool and outbuildings, and driveway. Now, adjacent to my property is a logging company-owned property that is hundreds of acres. The firebreaks and hunting trails there are something that a vehicle could access with no problem. There are also deer stands and the like along the trails, and people (illegally may I add, because it's posted 'Private Property No Hunting) put out corn for deer, etc.

So anyway- that's got me to wondering if there are any deer stands behind the home, and if so where exactly are they?

Regarding Carla's wonderful photo....

Does anybody know what the building is on the very left edge of the photo...past the outbuilding? Is that the neighbor's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member