NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of points.

I've read that she was last seen on W. Galley St. Perhaps Larboard is listed
in some articles also, or is this a deduction because of PH's house address?

That Newsday article states that GC called 911 at 5:22. If she called 911 at 4:51 and it was a 23 minute call she wouldn't be on the phone w/ 911.
Which also makes me question the reports of being dragged into a vehicle or a sudden abrupt thud ect. that was supposedly what the dispatcher heard when the call ended.

Finally, The police said they came about 45 minutes after SG's phone call -5:39. My guess is that they shaved of at least 10 minutes so they don't look as bad - 5:49. Assuming it took her about 5 minutes to run down to the beach - 5:27 they really only missed her by about 15 - 20 minutes. Also, according to to weather sites the sun didn't rise till 6 am May 1st 2010. So it was still dark out.

Also, Does anyone remember an article saying JB was in the back of MP's suv when he was driving around looking for her.

Hi Marye7ny,

Welcome! I'm new too, but am really glad you joined! Please give us some info on JB...You are the first poster who knows the family! Here's a few questions I've had:

1) Was he ever married? (have read that he has daughters)
2) If so, do we have a date when the divorce or break-up occurred?
3) Would you call his mother "domineering"? (that is, if you've heard something or met her yourself) Please, tell us SOMETHING about the mother! haha (we are desperate for info)!
4) Why do you "get chills regarding him?"

Thanks in advance! Hope I didn't scare you away.:crazy:

He separated fall of 2010 from what I understand. Not sure about the mom but I have pictures of the family just can't figure out how to post them. If you send me your email I'll send them.

He separated fall of 2010 from what I understand. Not sure about the mom but I have pictures of the family just can't figure out how to post them. If you send me your email I'll send them.

Hi,Marye7ny,

Thank you for answering! Do you happen to know if he was married? Just curious!
I'm not so sure you should post those pics if they include anybody who hasn't been mentioned in MSM. I kinda flinched when I read his sister's name in your post, just 'cause I think it might be against TOS here. Like I said, I'm very new, but I don't think that agrees with this sites TOS!

You could totally PM me with the pics!

Hi,Marye7ny,

Thank you for answering! Do you happen to know if he was married? Just curious!
I'm not so sure you should post those pics if they include anybody who hasn't been mentioned in MSM. I kinda flinched when I read his sister's name in your post, just 'cause I think it might be against TOS here. Like I said, I'm very new, but I don't think that agrees with this sites TOS!

You could totally PM me with the pics!

I want to welcome you too Marye7NY. And I agree with Twocurious cats that you should take her name out of your post. Just click edit. ;}

A couple of points.

I've read that she was last seen on W. Galley St. Perhaps Larboard is listed
in some articles also, or is this a deduction because of PH's house address?

That Newsday article states that GC called 911 at 5:22. If she called 911 at 4:51 and it was a 23 minute call she wouldn't be on the phone w/ 911.
Which also makes me question the reports of being dragged into a vehicle or a sudden abrupt thud ect. that was supposedly what the dispatcher heard when the call ended.

Finally, The police said they came about 45 minutes after SG's phone call -5:39. My guess is that they shaved of at least 10 minutes so they don't look as bad - 5:49. Assuming it took her about 5 minutes to run down to the beach - 5:27 they really only missed her by about 15 - 20 minutes. Also, according to to weather sites the sun didn't rise till 6 am May 1st 2010. So it was still dark out.

Also, Does anyone remember an article saying JB was in the back of MP's suv when he was driving around looking for her.

Thanks for the correction on it still being dark. There is a gradual giving out of light before the sun rises. So at 5:27 I don't think it would be completely dark. IMO

Yikes, don't want to get in trouble. Thanks for the info.

I want to welcome you too Marye7NY. And I agree with Twocurious cats that you should take her name out of your post. Just click edit. ;}

Also something strange I noted today. (I live about 2 miles from Oak Beach). JB's house has been on sale (on line on cable TV real estate channel). There were a dozen pics posted a few weeks ago and now there is only one (1) outside view of the deck online and the price is down to 439K (for about an 800K house).

Also something strange I noted today. (I live about 2 miles from Oak Beach). JB's house has been on sale (on line on cable TV real estate channel). There were a dozen pics posted a few weeks ago and now there is only one (1) outside view of the deck online and the price is down to 439K (for about an 800K house).

Is it listed on optimum homes on cable tv? I understand that with this market homes are selling for much less than past market value. But, nearly half price for a desirable summer home for sale in the Spring does sound unusual to me. Maybe he wants out quick. Maybe it is only because of the publicity, but you never know.

Thinking further I can see why the price might be so low. Tons of negative publicity. Shannan Gilbert last seen after partying with that homeowner. Bad market. It isn't necessarily suspicious.

they need to get real...while I may believe the Asian man is not involved...and possibly even the baby...
to think there are two serial killers is proposterous.... are we to beleive that this ungoldly strip of land is a body dump for killers everywhere? that we could do a random check at almost any place in the USA and find 10 bodies in various stages of decomp at any given time?

I can't believe that. can you?

If you were to get a listing of the amount of unsolved murders in the USA, your head would spin. Long Island already had TWO serial killers targeting prostitutes, and that is not including Colin Ferguson, the Long Island mass murderer.
There are dozens (if not more) active serial killers in the USA right now.
Due to the density of Long Island's population, it is likely to have SK's living there at any given time.

According to an FBI Behavioral Unit study 85% of the world's serial killers are in America. At any given time 20 - 50 unidentified active serial killers are at work continually changing their targets and methods.

If you look at all of the listings in Oak Beach it's seems to be priced accordingly. The most expensive house listed is $799K and it's a much nicer house. http://www.mlsli.com/uniresultsredo_test.cfm

The LI housing market isn't what it used to be. Plus selling a house near where a SK dumped bodies probably brings down the price.

ETA

link isn't working, but if you search for Oak beach you can bring up all of the listings

This is an informative site. Andrew Strickler (Newsday) had an open chat a few weeks back about Gilgo. I happened to be on line and asked a Question or two. http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/live-chat-transcript-suspected-serial-killer-on-li-1.2817895

Everything I Read says JB "partied alone". Where are you getting info on a "second partier?"

Thanks again for that Marye, One interesting point I picked up is JB was the only one in the house when Shannan arrived.

There was a headline story in Newsday very recently that ALL the houses in Oak Beach have plummeted in value since the bodies turned up.

If you look at all of the listings in Oak Beach it's seems to be priced accordingly. The most expensive house listed is $799K and it's a much nicer house. http://www.mlsli.com/uniresultsredo_test.cfm

The LI housing market isn't what it used to be. Plus selling a house near where a SK dumped bodies probably brings down the price.

Hi, Is that the famous Hamptons of Royal Pains fame at the east end of the barrier island?

I think I disagree crimesnooper (but am on my first cuppa, so forgive me). What an interviewee says is what they say, so it is a fact that they said it. The media does not have to verify that what the person said is fact ... the fact may not be true, but the fact that goes to public record is that the person said it. (i.e. the media could interview a POI who says "i had nothing to do with ....". LE may know otherwise, but aren't about to have the statement removed from the media.)

I do agree that it may have been removed because it was damaging to the investigation, but not necessarily because the information was untrue.
If it's a live interview, the media can not control what a person says. But they do have a responsibility to qualify when someone says something as damaging like mentioning a name. They absolutely have to try and verify the information..People call reporters all the time with information, and you just don't print it because someone says it. You have to check it out, becuase the first rule is..is is true?
It does not mean that what was said during that segment was not true. It means no one would confirm the information. But no reporter worth their salt would pull a segment becuase they did not want to hurt the investigation. They may on occasion hold back info if asked by LE, but that's a whole different thing. I did not hear the interview and I don't know who conducted it. But somewhere in the chain of command, someone realized there was a huge liability issue , not to mention poor journalism, if they allowed future repeats of the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr