Vigils for Kyron

I think a lot of people tuned out as soon as the intense focus was put on TH, seeing it as a "family/custody" type crime, and not seeing how it could affect their lives.

(snipped)

I think people seeing it as a custody-type case played a much bigger role in why people aren't that interested in it anymore. IMO, People will follow a case regardless if it affects their life or not, if the storyline is compelling enough. I believe the school factor was a big reason why this case received media and public interest in the Summer months, but since the prevalent theory right now is that Terri abducted Kyron, the school factor doesn't really matter anymore. If you take away the school factor, you just have a 7-year-old boy who is missing, and most likely due to his stepmother.

(snipped)

I think people seeing it as a custody-type case played a much bigger role in why people aren't that interested in it anymore. IMO, People will follow a case regardless if it affects their life or not, if the storyline is compelling enough. I believe the school factor was a big reason why this case received media and public interest in the Summer months, but since the prevalent theory right now is that Terri abducted Kyron, the school factor doesn't really matter anymore. If you take away the school factor, you just have a 7-year-old boy who is missing, and most likely due to his stepmother.

BBM

And who really benefits the most with Terri being the guilty party? The school for sure IMO

I'm reading the comments at the article and I'm surprised to see so many Terri supporters. For Oregon locals, does the majority of the state feel Terri is guilty? Or are people's opinions changing as the months go by? Although, it does feel like some of the "Terri is Innocent" people at The Oregonian's website dislike Kaine and Desiree more than they actually feel sorry for Terri.

I live in Portland, and from all my conversations about it in the past year, I've never met anyone who thought she was innocent. Even conversations as casual as with grocery store clerks and gas station attendants.

I live in Portland, and from all my conversations about it in the past year, I've never met anyone who thought she was innocent. Even conversations as casual as with grocery store clerks and gas station attendants.

I have to say the same thing. Not one person I have talked to here in town thinks she is innocent. Not even close.

BBM

And who really benefits the most with Terri being the guilty party? The school for sure IMO

IMO if the school were to be held accountable in any way, it would not matter who the perp was, a child went missing.
IMO if Terri is the perp, the school would not benefit.

I'm reading the comments at the article and I'm surprised to see so many Terri supporters. For Oregon locals, does the majority of the state feel Terri is guilty? Or are people's opinions changing as the months go by? Although, it does feel like some of the "Terri is Innocent" people at The Oregonian's website dislike Kaine and Desiree more than they actually feel sorry for Terri.

I live in Portland. I don't think Terri is guilty, nor do many in my circle of friends. The number in my circle that believe in her innocence has grown as time has passed, though I've withheld judgment from the beginning. I'm sick--personally--of the vitriol; it's being misdirected, IMO. I want to see whoever is responsible for what happened to Kyron brought to justice, and I fear this is hindering the case.

A place for WS Members to post .... RE: 1 YEAR VIGIL FOR KYRON HORMAN

I think most of you know I heard the ATL (Attempt To Locate) call go out for Kyron, on my personal scanner the evening of 6/4/10.

Since then, my life has changed...

Kyron has touched my heart and not a day goes by that I do not think of him.

Most of you have seen my pictures (of local places of interest and of the searches) - photobucket link is in my signature.

I express myself through photography, and I recently learned how to make videos..

This is my video for Kyron..
All pictures are taken by me.

Don't Give Up Hope

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Ic3efMPMQ"]YouTube - ‪Don't give up hope... Kyron Horman‬‏[/ame]

This video is also all of my own pictures, dedicated to the SAR's that have looked for Kyron

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOTOrtzgLAU"]YouTube - ‪Dedicated to SAR's for Kyron‬‏[/ame]

I hope others who's hearts have been touched by Kyron gone missing will post in this thread, in their own special way a message, a few words, a tribute, or ......

For Kyron..

June 4th, 2010 I was celebrating my son's first birthday. Reading about another precocious child who had gone missing that same day broke my heart. Tomorrow, we will once again be celebrating my son's birthday surrounded my friends and family. In a way, knowing how tentative tomorrow is this past year I have learned how to be DELIGHTED in my son's childhood. And, as we celebrate my son's life, I pray that soon we will be able to celebrate Kyron's homecoming (in whatever shape it takes).

Kyron, you are not forgotten.

I hope others who's hearts have been touched by Kyron gone missing will post in this thread, in their own special way a message, a few words, a tribute, or ......

For Kyron..

Wish I could hold hands with you right now, free.
A year ago I never thought we'd be here, today.
x

We were next-door neighbors of Tony & Desiree for many years. My kids played with Kyron when he would come visit his mom during the summer. I never got to know him very well (he was supremely shy), but my kids have fond memories and still ask if Kyron has been found. It is my prayer that answers come soon that will give everyone involved some peace.

I've spent a lot of sleepless hours this year, racking my brain to try to actually "see" what could have happened on that day.

And a lot of hours thinking, especially, about Desiree. It must be mind-bendingly (?) maddening to believe you know who has the information you desperately need and yet you can do nothing, legal or otherwise, to make that person give you the information.

Let's hope Kyron is found, as that may well be the "break" they need to try to move the case forward. Feeling very discouraged about the status of the case, but of course that is nothing compared to the the feelings of those who are missing Kyron.

I was with Freefallzzzz at the Wall of Hope last summer, before it was moved. There was a slight breeze, very quiet except for the fluttering sounds of the items left my others before us on the wall. I looked at his school, I looked around at the vast foliage around us, I looked at where he walked and laughed and played, and I listened to the whisper of the wind.

And then I bawled like a baby.

Please Lord, please send someone to find Kyron! :praying:

I just love your videos Free! :hug:

I too have been forever touched by that beautiful smile. Living near by, having kids close in age to Kyron and a similar school just added to my connection I feel to this case and to that sweet boy. I pray they find him and bring the monster who took him to justice! :praying:

I believe that Kyron will be found, and will have peace. Kyron will never be forgotten by all of us. His smile and his adorable glasses are etched in my mind.

Desiree, you are a hero for all mothers. Your courage and your perseverance shine through.

I must believe Kyron will be found and peace will be possible for his parents. I cannot imagine it otherwise.

For Kyron..

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I'm praying that this is the year Kyron will be returned to his family in whatever way possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back