What Is the Defense Strategy #2

ICA is throwing GA under the bus. She will claim GA killed Caylee. She will claim years of emotional and sexual abuse at GA's hands. She will tell that CA wanted a perfect family even if it meant to live in the world of delusion. ICA will say that she tried to tell CA about abuse years earlier but was left rebuffed or unbelieved. ICA is going all out with behavioral disorders and emotional issues that would not allow her to turn on her dad and family.
This worked for some of the clients of death penalty defense lawyer Andrea D. Lyon.

I don't know if they can spin this fast enough to make it work for ICA. I hope it doesn't work.

I am half wondering if they are going to with George Anthony sexually abused Caylee and killed her since they keep bringing up sexual abuse on Casey. What do you guys think?

I think the strategy is that ICA killed Caylee (I don't think they can get around that), but they are going to say that ICA was abused and has mental health issues. As they are questioning potential jurors, this seems to be a recurrent theme. I could be off base, but that is what I'm reading.

Sounds to me like she is going to say it was an accident and she couldn't tell them because she was afraid. Hello? You've been in jail 3 years because you didn't want to admit an accident...i don't think so? And I don't buy she was afraid of her family...she didn't act timid around them, she ruled the roost. If it were an accident why couldn't she have admitted it prior to this? She was safe in jail for 3 years, away from and refusing to see her family anyway. Seems to me the abuse has always been on GA, CA & LA, not ICA. My head is spinning.:banghead:

I believe that this family's complete dysfunction is the result of many secrets and the defence will pull them all out in the effort to avoid the death penalty.

I followed this case very carefully when it first broke and am coming back to it now after many months. I remember that DNA testing confirmed that LA was not Caylee's father but was GA ever excluded as a possibility? If not, ICA may go so far as to say that she thought he could have been the father and that the whole family was in the know.

moo

ETA - I've never understood their behavior around her and have always felt that she had something on her parents that makes them behave the way they do...

I think Casey is not only going to accuse her Dad of molesting her but Caylee as well. I think that Casey's defense will be that Casey was "protecting" Caylee from George by any means necessary as she said she would do to the dectives " i will lie, steal, so anything to protect my daughter". I do believe they will spin it as an accident but it will be because of George. IMHO

I think this was the plan all along but since Rosie entered the pix it's blown sky high! She'll stop at NOTHING to lay it all on the Ants..ICA will be nothing but a poor wittle victim..I don't think it will work if the jurors have even 1/2 a brain.

I think Casey is not only going to accuse her Dad of molesting her but Caylee as well. I think that Casey's defense will be that Casey was "protecting" Caylee from George by any means necessary as she said she would do to the dectives " i will lie, steal, so anything to protect my daughter". I do believe they will spin it as an accident but it will be because of George. IMHO

I would've def believed that BEFORE his atty made his recent threats..Now what? I'm not sure!

I would've def believed that BEFORE his atty made his recent threats..Now what? I'm not sure!

Ahhh That is just him trying to make money off of anyone who writes about him. imho
It will still come up in trial if that is the defense's case. It doesn't matter what George and his attorney do, they can't stop them from saying it in a court of law..

MOO

On ID right now is the show Most Evil . Dianne Downs is one featured ...kind of reminds me of someone else... but in any case they are showing the different type of murderers / There is a scale of 22 levels . Dr. Michael Stone is the one that came up with the scale

Ahhh That is just him trying to make money off of anyone who writes about him. imho
It will still come up in trial if that is the defense's case. It doesn't matter what George and his attorney do, they can't stop them from saying it in a court of law..

MOO

True but I'm under the impression thru his atty's statements that he's totally against ANY form of throwing him under the bus on the issue of abuse especially 'sexual'.

True but I'm under the impression thru his atty's statements that he's totally against ANY form of throwing him under the bus on the issue of abuse especially 'sexual'.

Then again, I guess they can deny and fight it all the way...but ALL they (DT, Anthony family, and ICA) are hoping for is reasonable doubt. Maybe that is the real reason...throw it out there and hope just one believes it, but the Anthony's can deny it all they want.

JMO.

I believe that this family's complete dysfunction is the result of many secrets and the defence will pull them all out in the effort to avoid the death penalty.

I followed this case very carefully when it first broke and am coming back to it now after many months. I remember that DNA testing confirmed that LA was not Caylee's father but was GA ever excluded as a possibility? If not, ICA may go so far as to say that she thought he could have been the father and that the whole family was in the know.

moo

ETA - I've never understood their behavior around her and have always felt that she had something on her parents that makes them behave the way they do...

:twocents: YES................via the published DNA profile, the loci pattern WILL NOT permit him as the genetic donor for CAYLEE. And NO, the LE did NOT specifically ASK for a paternity evaluation as they did for LEE BUT if one follows scientific logic, GEORGE is OUT of the donor pool! :)innocent: IIRC, loci 17 was the "clincher" point!:great:but using a VERY OLD memory card in my brain!)

I think this was the plan all along but since Rosie entered the pix it's blown sky high! She'll stop at NOTHING to lay it all on the Ants..ICA will be nothing but a poor wittle victim..I don't think it will work if the jurors have even 1/2 a brain.

I think it's a given that a jury will not be sympathetic enough to the A's to forego the DP but I'm not sure making them out to be the villains is going to help ICA. Especially Lee. ICA is a known liar even before this. This tack may send jurors straight to a dp verdict. Imo ICA has no redeeming qualities. Very risky imo.

I said before that I thought the defense would say she was too afraid of GA and CA to tell them Caylee was dead. I think they will either say it was an accident or say she left Caylee with someone she didn't know ( and decided to make up a name and story) and when she came back Caylee was dead. I don't see her admitting she had a direct hand in Caylee's dead. I think they will use the excuse that CA and GA and LA were all so abusive to her, she couldn't tell them that she left Caylee with a stranger and again the rest is history.

Sounds to me like she is going to say it was an accident and she couldn't tell them because she was afraid. Hello? You've been in jail 3 years because you didn't want to admit an accident...i don't think so? And I don't buy she was afraid of her family...she didn't act timid around them, she ruled the roost. If it were an accident why couldn't she have admitted it prior to this? She was safe in jail for 3 years, away from and refusing to see her family anyway. Seems to me the abuse has always been on GA, CA & LA, not ICA. My head is spinning.:banghead:

You betcha! I'll even point out that we certainly have more proof that ICA was the abuser than the abused. MH confirmed her using Caylee to punish her parents. We've seen her temper tantrums in video and phone calls. Neighbors and family statements. GA himself telling LE about CA not letting him do anything about Casey. Yup. She had Caylee so all the say so.

my mind keeps going back to the jail video where CA states to Casey "They (media?) are saying that Caylee died in the pool." ICA responds with "surprise, surprise". She has no fear of CA or GA. She stays in control of the conversation. ICA's actions (or non-actions) speaks volumes. I just hope the jury can wrap their heads around this case without getting caught up in the tentacles of "misconstruences" (spell check says that's not a word-but i'll roll with it).

link to video..the comment from ICA is @ :22.....

http://youtu.be/ii2Okf1xpwE

I've only watched about an hour of the jury selection questions, and I really feel I can tell what their entire strategy is.

stupid to telegraph that to the state. stupid.

You know what I thought when AF said used as a scapegoat for parental misdeeds... Wondering if they are going to say that it was an accident but George came up with the idea of the kidnapping as a way to get rich quick. Everyone has always complained about their foundation and all the money they've made off the baby's death... George decided since the baby was dead, here's what we're going to do and Casey was forced to go along with it to repay all the money she stole...
(not saying I believe it, but they could say he was former LE, used to dealing with death, homicide whatnot, and saw it as an opportunity to make money... he was the one searching for "missing children", he's the one with the foundation, the boat, etc.

You know what I thought when AF said used as a scapegoat for parental misdeeds... Wondering if they are going to say that it was an accident but George came up with the idea of the kidnapping as a way to get rich quick. Everyone has always complained about their foundation and all the money they've made off the baby's death... George decided since the baby was dead, here's what we're going to do and Casey was forced to go along with it to repay all the money she stole...
(not saying I believe it, but they could say he was former LE, used to dealing with death, homicide whatnot, and saw it as an opportunity to make money... he was the one searching for "missing children", he's the one with the foundation, the boat, etc.

I was thinking along the lines of blaming the money that KC stole on GA. If what we understand from SP, there was around, what? $40,000 that CA had to dip into her 401K to cover? I agree they are definately going to try to blame some of KC's misdeeds on GA. HHJS could not have said it better! "The irony is indeed rich!" moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back