GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the rest of you here I am just heartsick over this little guy. Not only was his life stolen far too soon but he lays there unclaimed, unwanted, and unloved but for the love of those who his story has touched. This angel had to encounter a neighbor, a doctor, a relative, somebody. I can't stop thinking of him until we know who he is and justice served in his name. Sleep with your King, you beautiful baby boy.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but is it possible that he was homeschooled?
I am absolutely haunted by this. I am not going to rest until we at least have an ID.

A doctor is a good idea. Kids this age are always having to get their shots and if he was killed at 5:30 in the morning, it does seem like he was going to some daycare provider and you need your shots to go to one. They need to give his photo to area ped docs and also call daycare providers to see if anyone stopped going that matches his photo. I feel too that whoever did this did this on accident as he seems well cared for. I'm just confused by the fact they would just dump him. Why wouldn't they some how hide his body so as not to get caught. Maybe because they wanted him found and were going to leave the area like with the Navy thing. I would think it's either just a Mom who's hubby is with the military and away from family that would notice him missing.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but is it possible that he was homeschooled?
I am absolutely haunted by this. I am not going to rest until we at least have an ID.

It has been mentioned and that is a possibility. The other possibility is that this child is not yet old enough to have attended school, since the age range provided by LE is 4-6yo.

He reminds me so much of the son of a friend of mine, but that boy is now in high school.

Such a sweet looking boy!

The photoshop job on the post-mortem photograph was amateurish (probably done quickly by a police officer who has limited Photoshop experience). We can see that there was likely trauma to the mouth. His coloring is mottled, which is consistent with the estimated time-of-death. His build is lean - it seems he was nourished, but if I had to guess, he was a very active child.
I think we are dealing with a second-degree murder. It was an accident, and the caretaker panicked. I am thinking a single, overwhelmed parent (adoptive or otherwise) or grandparent, OR a homeschooling parent who may also be religiously fanatical and punitive.
Sorry to talk this out, but I'm just obsessing over this.

Trying to catch up this morning...

The state of Florida is the location of three major bases, Naval Station Mayport, the Navy's fourth largest, near Jacksonville, Florida, Naval Air Station Jacksonville, a Master Air Anti-submarine Warfare base, and Naval Air Station Pensacola.....

If you go to the link, scroll down to bases and it talks more about what is located on the east coast.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy

There is also a map of naval bases here, but it is from 2004 so I don't know if it includes current BRAC closures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Base_map_2004.gif

I talked to my sister yesterday, who was in the Air Force, and she mentioned that single parents that are on assignment or active duty had to essentially give custodial rights (that may not be the exact terminology) to someone else (like grandma) to show someone was taking care of the child.

Here in Pensacola, there was a recent incident where a Navy mom left her 5 or 6 year old home alone and she was found walking a very busy highway...makes me wonder if someone left this baby home by themselves, something happened (ate or drank something poisionous), parent gets home and panicks. If they had some type of night duty and found him when they got home that morning, it could fit. According to my sis, a parent could be court-marshalled and kicked out of the military for leaving child unattended.

Was hoping little boy blue would have his name back this morning.

The photoshop job on the post-mortem photograph was amateurish (probably done quickly by a police officer who has limited Photoshop experience). We can see that there was likely trauma to the mouth. His coloring is mottled, which is consistent with the estimated time-of-death. His build is lean - it seems he was nourished, but if I had to guess, he was a very active child.
I think we are dealing with a second-degree murder. It was an accident, and the caretaker panicked. I am thinking a single, overwhelmed parent (adoptive or otherwise) or grandparent, OR a homeschooling parent who may also be religiously fanatical and punitive.
Sorry to talk this out, but I'm just obsessing over this.

BBM, I was wondering about the mottling. I was thinking that what is being perceived as freckles is actually mottling.

Prayers for this beautiful little one who has captured my heart.

... We can see that there was likely trauma to the mouth. ...

The way his mouth looks is a very typical postmortem effect. There is a loss of natural tension of muscles around the mouth that occurs after death. I've seen quite a few postmortem photos from the various John and Jane Does discussed on this forum, and many of them have a similar droop in the lips and mouth.

In regards to the shoes, if Payless's infrastructure is anything like the retail store I work for, I can see any size 12 1/2 shoe "Disney Cars" sold since it came out and to who.. except, if bought by cash :(. However, im not sure if they have a terminal transaction lookup as complex and as far reaching as ours.

Also, as wondergirl mentioned, size 12 1/2 is a rare size in most cases because, 1.) it is not profitable for retailers to carry half sizes in kids since the demand isnt as great. And 2.) Parents over size shoe size in kids as well.. Also if it helps, inside "Charachter Shoes" or any clothing product for the most part, is a RN number... might help, but maybe not.. its kinda generic, but the search if put into the gov website is listed below...
(Im a Shoe Manager, I know these thing lol)

RN Search
https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/TextileRN/wrnquery$.startup

The Shoes posted again..
http://www.payless.com/store/produc...g_1&AID=10390472&PID=4169795&SID=pz81txw03mzo

Thank-you for your enlightening post, Masamura.

I know that in Canada, Payless has the ability to look up instantly which store in the Province (State) has a specific size in a specific style. They can even tell you how many each store has. Their inventory ebbs and flows on the sizes and styles for sure, it is what I would describe as "hit and miss" on the sizes. I am sure if they can see which locations have a size, they can see which locations have sold that size.

Another poster on this thread made an excellent point yesterday, regarding the fact that the Cars Shoes were the style that lit up. I actually think this is an extremely significant fact, as it goes to show the type of person who put the child in the recovery location. Someone who planned to murder the child, likely would have removed shoes that lit up, and might show where the body is. Like others here, I think the boy was left in a location where he was meant to be found.

I wonder what time the shifts are at the local military installations?

If the TOD was apx. 2 hours prior to 7:30 am, and the death of the child was DISCOVERED or happened as the person was getting ready to go to work, that might shed a light. Are the shifts standard, say 7am to 3pm etc.? That would make a 5:30 am TOD fit with that type of scenario.

Who was late for work on Saturday? What type of work goes on at the military bases on Saturday? Are they running with a full/half staff?

An elite unit from the Navy has been called in to help:

The U.S. Navy's elite police unit is joining the investigation into the case of a young boy whose body was found dumped near a remote road in Maine, the Boston Herald reports.

Investigators from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service are going to military installations in the Northeast in hopes of being able to identify the boy, his body discovered Saturday beside a back road in South Berwick.

Trying to catch up this morning...

The state of Florida is the location of three major bases, Naval Station Mayport, the Navy's fourth largest, near Jacksonville, Florida, Naval Air Station Jacksonville, a Master Air Anti-submarine Warfare base, and Naval Air Station Pensacola.....

If you go to the link, scroll down to bases and it talks more about what is located on the east coast.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy

There is also a map of naval bases here, but it is from 2004 so I don't know if it includes current BRAC closures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Base_map_2004.gif

I talked to my sister yesterday, who was in the Air Force, and she mentioned that single parents that are on assignment or active duty had to essentially give custodial rights (that may not be the exact terminology) to someone else (like grandma) to show someone was taking care of the child.

Here in Pensacola, there was a recent incident where a Navy mom left her 5 or 6 year old home alone and she was found walking a very busy highway...makes me wonder if someone left this baby home by themselves, something happened (ate or drank something poisionous), parent gets home and panicks. If they had some type of night duty and found him when they got home that morning, it could fit. According to my sis, a parent could be court-marshalled and kicked out of the military for leaving child unattended.

Was hoping little boy blue would have his name back this morning.

O/T -- you're in P'Cola? My office is in P'Cola and I live in Gulf Breeze. Howdy, neighbor!! :)

The way his mouth looks is a very typical postmortem effect. There is a loss of natural tension of muscles around the mouth that occurs after death. I've seen quite a few postmortem photos from the various John and Jane Does discussed on this forum, and many of them have a similar droop in the lips and mouth.

I agree. LE has not mentioned trauma, have they? They said "suspicious" which often means they do not know why he died, and they are doing toxicology. I am less than inclined to think the mouth was traumatized at this point...JMO...

The Payless Shoe Store website lists 26 stores within a 50-mile radius of South Berwick ME.

http://www.payless.com/store/search...6325F44B6B834F39A7B6BD98FD1A0.pss-app-02-app2

Nearest Stores

Below is a listing of the stores closest to:
South Berwick, ME

4.2 miles Tri-City Plaza (#4477)
Somersworth, NH 03878-1801

5.8 miles Fox Run Mall (#4849)
Newington, NH 03801-2851

9.9 miles Rochester Marketplace (#4673)
Rochester, NH 03868-9998

19 miles Epping Crossing (#5020)
Epping, NH 03042-2222

24 miles The Shops At Biddeford Crossing (#2904)
Biddeford, ME 04005-0000

25 miles Seacoast Shopping Center (#3873)
Seabrook, NH 03874-4541

35 miles Hookset Crossing (#3649)
Hooksett, NH 03106-2637

35 miles Hood Commons (#1032)
Derry, NH 03038-1702

35 miles Westgate Shopping Center (#3674)
Haverhill, MA 01832-3661

37 miles Mall Of New Hampshire (#5712)
Manchester, NH 03103-3220

37 miles Tj Maxx Plaza (#5292)
Manchester, NH 03103-4012

38 miles Walmart Plaza (#3974)
Gilford, NH 03249-0000

38 miles Maine Crossing (#6325)
South Portland, ME 04106-3258

38 miles Maine Mall (#5120)
South Portland, ME 04106-3237

38 miles Westbrook Plaza (#4626)
Westbrook, ME 04092-4736

38 miles The Mall At Rockingham Park (#4009)
Salem, NH 03079-2900

39 miles Capital Shopping Center (#4697)
Concord, NH 03301-4840

40 miles Merrimac Plaza (#4372)
Methuen, MA 01844-3462

41 miles Essex Plaza (#4765)
Lawrence, MA 01841-4335

42 miles North Andover Mall (#4457)
North Andover, MA 01845-4289

44 miles Windham Mall (#4967)
Windham, ME 04062-5348

47 miles Liberty Tree Mall (#3942)
Danvers, MA 01923-3655

48 miles Pheasant Lane Mall (#5655)
Nashua, NH 03060-5730

48 miles Somerset Plaza (#4664)
Nashua, NH 03063-1216

49 miles Stadium Plaza (#5503)
Tewksbury, MA 01876-1660

49 miles Northshore Mall (#5196)
Peabody, MA 01960-1600

I'm sure that LE has probably already contacted each of these stores though.

Poor baby boy. Thank the Lord you are leaping across the clouds with the other baby angels, laughing and having fun as all little ones should.

Still stuck on the shoes....if the shoes were purchased on-line that would make them even that much more trackable. I still can't find another pair with the wide Lightning McQueen velcro anywhere other than Payless...not even on E-bay.

If the store can track the purchases down to shoe sizes then surely they could review video from the stores (granted they could be a gift).

LE focused enough on them to release a picture, so they know at least what we know....right? I have no clue how an actual police investigation works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member