WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Wenatchee World Tweets:
Mackenzie Cowell case: Defendant Christopher Wilson charged with first-degree murder, up from second-degree. http://tinyurl.com/3g7tmgl
about 1 hour ago via web

Mackenzie Cowell case: Defendant Christopher Wilson charged with first-degree murder, upgraded from second-degree.
about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

First-degree charge for Cowell murder defendant
Tuesday, April 12, 2011

WENATCHEE — Christopher Scott Wilson now faces a charge of first-degree murder in the 2010 killing of Mackenzie Cowell.

Wilson, 30, has been held since last October on a charge of second-degree murder, accusing him of killing the 17-year-old Cowell in his Wenatchee apartment in February 2010. Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen introduced the amended charge Tuesday, saying he believes the evidence shows Wilson murdered Cowell in a premeditated fashion.

“Now that we’ve got more information, and the investigation is closer to being complete, I felt there was enough now to move toward a first-degree charge based on premeditation,” Riesen said.

More at link
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/apr/12/first-degree-charge-for-cowell-murder-defendant/

:great:

I am happy to see Mackenzie and her family getting justice for this horrific tragedy...

I'm glad his charges were upped to first degree.

In the murder of Mackenzie Cowell, two troubled tipsters aimed police toward Christopher Wilson
Saturday, April 16, 2011

WENATCHEE — Theo Keyes was in trouble, and he had something important to say.

In April 2010 Theodore Aaron Keyes, 30, had exposed himself to a female barista at a drive-through coffeestand in Springfield, Ore. Local prosecutors pursued charges. The Wenatchee Valley native was arrested in July, and spent 18 days in the Springfield city jail.

While there, Keyes wrote a letter.

The February murder in his hometown of 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell had preyed on his mind. In his letter, received by the multi-agency Mackenzie Cowell Task Force in August, he gave a name: Christopher Scott Wilson.

Continued at link:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/apr/16/the-informants/

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Isn't the trial in May? Guess he can't complain about all the hype - news just slowly trickles in once in a while. I hope there will be a live stream from a local news station. ???

FYI for those of you who keep up with this case on the Wenatchee World online (which I assume would be most of us), they will soon be requiring a subscription for full access of the website. I'm not sure of that means the articles won't be available unless you subscribe online or if special features or sections will be limited, but I just wanted to let you know so you weren't surprised if you sign on in a week or so and are limited with what you have access to. Those of you who have signed up on their site as a member will have gotten an email about this. I hope I haven't violated any TOS by relaying something from my inbox, but I thought this was pertinent information for those of us who rely on the WW website for any updates on the case.

I've got my subscription and am waiting to find out how this unfolds and how strong the case is. I'm hoping for justice for MacKenzie.

Detectives believe she is involved in Cowell murder
4/14/2011 1:26:00 PM

MOSES LAKE -- A Grant County District Court judge found Tessa M. Schuyleman guilty of giving a false statement and obstructing a law enforcement officer in an incident unrelated to the Mackenzie Cowell murder.

Detectives in Chelan County believe Schuyleman, 22 of Wenatchee, helped accused murderer Christopher Scott Wilson conceal Cowell's killing.

More at link:
http://www.lakechelanmirror.com/main.asp?SectionID=5&SubSectionID=5&ArticleID=3875

It's about time - holy cow for relatively small counties it sure takes a long time to complete a legal process.

I now hope they charge her in MacKenzie's case. She needs to spill what she knows.

It's about time - holy cow for relatively small counties it sure takes a long time to complete a legal process.

I now hope they charge her in MacKenzie's case. She needs to spill what she knows.
Did anyone hear if results came back on tests done on her car?

Christopher Wilson has now retained a (prominent?) Seattle attorney, who also represents the "Barefoot Bandit".

Here are the google results:
In Cowell murder, Seattle lawyer takes over Wilson's defense ‎
The Wenatchee World Online - Jefferson Robbins - 22 hours ago

WENATCHEE — A new criminal attorney signed on Wednesday to represent Christopher Scott Wilson, charged with the 2010 murder of ...
(you can google and pull up the article, if you wish to read more.)

I am not directly linking the article, due to the fact that (if I understand correctly) unless you are a subscriber, the Wenatchee World now has a policy to allow only so many views of their articles for free. Since I don't subscribe, I'm trying to save my views for later on.

Tweeted by Wenatcheeworld

Mackenzie Cowell murder: Defendant Christopher Scott Wilson won't go to trial till
Jan. 31, 2012. Defense expects four-week trial.
10 minutes ago via web

Oh my. Not until then? The wheels of justice turn ever so slowly. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa