GA - Jennifer Wilbanks, runaway bride, for false police report, Duluth, 2005

Wilbanks was charged with a felony in '96 but the charge was dropped after she completed a pretrial "diversion program":

Court records reportedly indicate that attorney Lydia Sartain, formerly district attorney of Hall County, prosecuted Wilbanks in 1996 for allegedly shoplifting $1,740 in merchandise from a Gainesville mall.

Sartain dropped the felony charge after the then 24-year-old completed a pretrial diversion program, which included 75 hours of community service and restitution, according to court records.
- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/10/national/main694285.shtml

I personally think prison time and space should be reserved for dangerous and/or habitual offenders but since they found it appropriate to put Martha Stewart in prison for telling a lie then I guess JW needs to start packing her bags. In both cases I think probation and fines would be sufficient.

T-Rex said:
I think people are drawn to the story because it's a morality tale--it lets people compare notes on what is and isn't OK.

The mysteries are Why did she run? Who is she really, if she's not the golden girl she appeared to be? What really happened between the time she left for a jog, and when she reappeared in New Mexico? Isn't there anyone who saw her on her trip who could give clues to her state of mind? What about the couple--do they really exist? What did she tell them?

No she is not the golden girl.
Yes, the couple DOES exist and they helped the poor "distressed" woman. Thier car was given to police as "what to look for when finding her rapists"
Lawd knows what REALLY happened- I can only imagine. Talk about a shop lifter's heaven... Vegas- all the "clueless" tourists. A meat market for thieves...

Bhodirasta said:
No she is not the golden girl.
Yes, the couple DOES exist and they helped the poor "distressed" woman. Thier car was given to police as "what to look for when finding her rapists"
Lawd knows what REALLY happened- I can only imagine. Talk about a shop lifter's heaven... Vegas- all the "clueless" tourists. A meat market for thieves...

Oh, why didn't I think of that, Bhodi, about Vegas--you're right. Guess I missed the part about couple and car, were they with her when she phoned 911 then?

peggy said:
Oh, why didn't I think of that, Bhodi, about Vegas--you're right. Guess I missed the part about couple and car, were they with her when she phoned 911 then?

Hi Peggy,
No she told the authorities that she had been "dropped off". But who REALLY knows. Have we heard anything from the convenience store worker?

I am also assuming this woman did NOT make it on only the money she packed. Those who were asking how one not only gets to Vegas, and "gets around" Vegas, on 147?? dollars, well, I know what I think.....

Animal04216 said:
On aa funny note..the news announced tha name of the judge in the case. R. Bachelor......ironic?

Well,
in my land...
there is no such thing as coinicidence. :D
This is EXTREMELY amusing...

I started the original Wilbanks forum when she was missing. The current case dosent warrent a forum . It can be discussed in Crimes in the news or Trials. I opened two new forums yesterday. One for the murder of 3 people and 2 children that are missing. The other for the brutal murder if a young woman. Comparatively speaking the Wilbanks case is bubble gum.

tybee204 said:
I started the original Wilbanks forum when she was missing. The current case dosent warrent a forum . It can be discussed in Crimes in the news or Trials. I opened two new forums yesterday. One for the murder of 3 people and 2 children that are missing. The other for the brutal murder if a young woman. Comparatively speaking the Wilbanks case is bubble gum.

And what is your take on the LP forum and "Amber"?

Bhodirasta said:
I agree. Why is it still a forum?
I was going to ask the same question.
There's really nothing left to discuss is there?
He's in prison- bodies were found. Case Closed??:waitasec:

The Forum title is Laci Peterson. Her along with her child were the victim of a homecide. It is still a forum because the Convicted double murderer hasnt yet found his permanent home on death row and books continue to be published regarding the Double Murder that posters are reading. Many WS members have spent nearly 3 years waiting for Justice for Murdered Laci Peterson and her son. They deserve seeing it to the end.

Apples and oranges IMO compared to Wilbanks

tybee204 said:
The Forum title is Laci Peterson. Her along with her child were the victim of a homecide. It is still a forum because the Convicted double murderer hasnt yet found his permanent home on death row and books continue to be published regarding the Double Murder that posters are reading. Many WS members have spent nearly 3 years waiting for Justice for Murdered Laci Peterson and her son. They deserve seeing it to the end.

There is interest.
Yes, I agree.

Bhodirasta said:
I agree. Why is it still a forum?

Many members have been here since the day Laci disapeared. Physically went on searchs for her and her child. Donated hours and money for her search. Have invested themselves personally in her case. Attended the trial, purchased transcripts, sent flowers, letters and Christmas Angels. They want to see it to the very end.

tybee204 said:
Many members have been here since the day Laci disapeared. Physically went on searchs for her and her child. Donated hours and money for her search. Have invested themselves personally in her case. Attended the trial, purchased transcripts, sent flowers, letters and Christmas Angels. They want to see it to the very end.

I agree. there is INTEREST.

tybee204 said:

I was never trying to compare Wilbanks and Laci and Connor.

Those are two COMPLETELY different cases! I agree.

I was honestly just asking why there was a forum.
I haven't been on here for that long and was just
curious!
Hope I didn't step on anyones toes :)

Bhodirasta said:
I agree. there is INTEREST.

As there should be. When a woman and her unborn child are murdered people should care and be interested. When young boys are molested people should care and be interested. When a 5 year old girl is kidnapped, raped and murdered people should care and be interested. When a 3 year old is molested and dumped in a river people should care and be interested. When 5 year old is found murdered in her home people should care and be interested. When 3 people are found murdered and 2 children are missing people should care and be interested. When a young woman is murdered in her sleep and dumped in a land fill people should care and be interested.

Thats why they have Forums on Websleuths.

tybee204 said:
As there should be. When a woman and her unborn child are murdered people should care and be interested. When young boys are molested people should care and be interested. When a 5 year old girl is kidnapped, raped and murdered people should care and be interested. When a 3 year old is molested and dumped in a river people should care and be interested. When 5 year old is found murdered in her home people should care and be interested. When 3 people are found murdered and 2 children are missing people should care and be interested. When a young woman is murdered in her sleep and dumped in a land fill people should care and be interested.
I agree, when a couple is ACCUSED OF RAPE that did NOT occur, it should be intersesting.
When a female INSINUATES that her HUSBAND COMMITTED THE CRIME, then it should be interesting.
when people can LEARN by her "mistakes" (we will FORGET the shoplifting convictions" then people should be interested. AND THEY WILLm it should be interesting....
this is a fact of life...
no better shall you challenge the "fact of life" than will you challenge, "what needs' to be noticed".
Such is my OPINION on "The war on drugs."

Thats why they have Forums on Websleuths]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa