Does JB Believe the Story he is Telling? *MERGED*

:floorlaugh:

IF ... a BIG IF ... JB believes the "fairy tale" he is telling ...

Then he must still believe in Santa Claus :santahat: . .. the Easter Bunny ... and the Tooth Fairy ...

No. But I do think he believes ICA is over-charged. (I disagree with him on that)

NO.IMO he doesn't believe anything coming outta her mouth and IMO he stopped listening to her long time ago.he treats her like a 2years old.she's not there to help him,she's not THAT kind of client who is able to come up with interesting ideas and strategies.

I don't think JB believes the story he's telling. In his opening statements, he wasn't believeable to me as he was talking. That's probably why he didn't want CA and GA in the room because it would have been a lot easier to lie without them around. It almost felt like the statements were rehearsed so much, it was if he was reading instead of telling.

I totally feel this, his opening, was very "lifetime" if you will and he was really struggling to convey the emotions that should be felt, when something like that is true. On the other hand, ICA should take the stand as she should be able to do just that<eyeroll>

I think Jose Baez knows that there is something really wrong with his client, and she was not just "born that way"

jmo

After watching JB since July 2008, I think he's not one to care what the truth is, he's out for a big win, big money, book deals, his own TV show, wants to be the first Hispanic attorney to do whatever, blah, blah, blah. I don't think he cares what happened. I don't think he believes the story he's telling. I believe JB and ICA are two peas in a pod, but she's the more accomplished liar. Problem is, they both don't know when to stop and they go on and on until their outrageous stories are too far-fetched to believe.

Seriously, I don't think JB or CM care what the truth is, and neither of them believe the tale they've weaved.

He could have easily said and sounded just as bizarre:
Caylee accidentally drowned in the swimming pool, George forced Casey to cover it up, they dumped the body, Roy Kronk found it, Kathi Belich handed him the duct tape, Mark Nejame wrapped it around the child's face, and NG (bombshell tonight!) placed the heart sticker on it. :D

Come on. Really? Who could believe JB's wild tale? Not even JB.

No - I don't believe he believes this story. IF somehow he does.......well that opens up an entire new can of ethical and moral questions about why he has let ICA sit in custody for 3 years and risk her life in front of a jury...............

I think JB and company made up this defense to fit certain "facts" and previously testimony of the case. Case in point, RK hiding, storing and moving the body. OMG. Just how redonkulous is that? JB just has to get in there that "somebody" place that body in those woods while his innocent client was in jail waiting to tell her "story".
That bizarre twist alone should tell ANYBODY WITH BRAIN CELLS that it is sheer bunk.

I think that many effective lawyers are relativists: It's less important to them that they are presenting the exact truth than patching together the most presentable narrative. Even if one believes that his or her client is somewhat guilty or less guilty (for example, an accidental killing rather than intentional homicide), you want them exonerated.

In this, Baez is confronted with a dizzying uphill task. Casey toasted herself before he or the forensic teams arrived on the scene.

I've heard stories about defense lawyers all my life, but I always thought if they believed their clients were were guilty, they deserved a vigorous defense. This case is going beyond vigorous defense, IMO. I've never seen anything like it...just making accusations and naming names. Shouldn't they have to offer proof? GA is not on trial here, and this seems so danged unfair. I can't even begin to guess what JB believes, but surely, without proof, this story would hard to swallow. Did he just accept this documented liar's word? I know this is a death penalty case, but omg, I think they're going down the wrong road here... this story as a whole, is so illogical and so unprovable, and so contradictory, and such a mess. MOO.

Yes, but I guess that is why he (JB) has said over and OVER that the defense doesn't have to PROVE ANYTHING! I don't know how much room they to just throw everything they can ferret out of all the docs before it crosses the line; can they just say ANYTHING THEY WANT??? IDK

IF JB knows that this story is a load of trash, he can not allow Casey to take the stand. If I remember correctly, a defense attorney can not condone his client committing perjury. I don't remember exactly how this works, but I remember it being explained, I think in the legal thread.

I think it's been proven that Casey is a convincing liar. She is manipulative and and practiced. She convinced poor Amy she hid money in her sleep!

Sooooooooooooooooo, has she convinced JB of the story she came up with? Does he believe her? Does he believe the whole thing? Parts of it? None of it?

What about CM and the rest of her DT?

I think JB probably believes the abuse, but not the part about the drowning and George disposing of poor Caylee's body. Not really. He's going with it, but I don't think he believes it. I don't base this on much more than a feeling/impresson. I can see her being believable on the abuse. I can't see how anyone can believe George was involved in the pool story.

Of course he does! He also believes in the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny. :crazy:

CM is just there to have some fun. :rolleyes:

I think JB and company made up this defense to fit certain "facts" and previously testimony of the case. Case in point, RK hiding, storing and moving the body. OMG. Just how redonkulous is that? JB just has to get in there that "somebody" place that body in those woods while his innocent client was in jail waiting to tell her "story".
That bizarre twist alone should tell ANYBODY WITH BRAIN CELLS that it is sheer bunk.

I believe CA and JB have had 3 years to have concocted this defense. She might have started the story but I think he filled in the missing lines!!

Sorry to disagree with some of you but some people are born this way.

Baez believes this his ticket to fame and fortune. He will believe in whatever helps him get there.

KC has had 3 years with nothing to do but create a fiction of what took place over those 31 days in the summer of 2008. I don't think Baez believes her, and I doubt that he believes that George molested her. But he is going to put on his dog & pony show no matter what, no matter who goes down the drain with his client. Poor George will NEVER live this down. For the rest of his days he will live under a cloud of suspicion of pedophilia. I think KC fed him bits and pieces and together they crafted their defense. And I think it's shameful.

Baez believes this his ticket to fame and fortune. He will believe in whatever helps him get there.

Certainly fame, fortune possibly by writing a book and being on a speaker's circuit, but after witnessing his ineptitiude thus far I would NEVER seek to hire him to defend me or a member of my family...

I think she had him at first ...then he saw dollar signs and the promise of making himself a NAME ..

When you listen to her speak she has that "Casey Speak" down pat...

I'm afraid the name he is going to make for himself is not what he is expecting. I would hate to be in big trouble and have him represent me. He seems so amateurish.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back