Caylee not in woods until after Casey was locked up proves she's innocent.

Video: Casey
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer2...al&title=Casey

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...e_experts.html

To all you sleuthers with far more energy to keep up with this case than I ever will, what are your thoughts about this? Do you think the jury will buy it? Can you make a good argument against Baez's claim or for it?

Baez is lining up interviews with all the searchers who claim they were in those woods off Hopespring Drive, and didn't see anything, from LEOs to Dominic, to Texas Equisearch volunteers, a psychic, and so on.

I have never seen a defense abandon more strategies than this one. Is that something that can be discussed during the trial? I'm asking because I don't know. It sure seems relevant though.

I do not think its going to work with all the evidence recovered at the crime scene. Its going to be common sense and the jury will read right through it all. No offense their not good at lying. How are they going to explain the clothes caylee was found wearing was what george last seen her in. How about the saringe, and other stuff linked back to the home, and the coffin flies in the trunk of the car and on caylee I think they are going to try to blow smoke in the jurys eyes but they are going to be to smart to believe their little fairy tale

But, those that collected the remains did. And IIRC the plants were growing through other things as well.

Well he is the botonist. I expect him to be at crime scene on day one, just like I expect to see a coroner there. I see the Entomologist made it that day. These people determine time of death. I expect them to be there on day one and to inspect things first hand and not through pictures.

The other people who saw the root growth first hand were not botonist.

I think it will be hard to determine the diameter of the roots from a picture.

It makes me suspicious of this estimate of 3 to 6 months nothing more than a wild guess. IMO

"Just to make sure we see both sides, remember that the prosecution still hasn't published a cause of death. This WILL BE problematic for a murder trial......"

Perhaps we should ask Scott Peterson exactly how problematic he thinks it might be?

Well he is the botonist. I expect him to be at crime scene on day one, just like I expect to see a coroner there. I see the Entomologist made it that day. These people determine time of death. I expect them to be there on day one and to inspect things first hand and not through pictures.

It makes me suspicious of this estimate of 3 to 6 months nothing more than a wild guess. IMO
This doesn't bother me at all. The plant roots had to be removed from the skull by the medical examiner before anything else could be done. The botanist would not have been allowed to touch the remains IMO until the autopsy was completed..I would think. Examining insects in the area is a whole different story.

Well the brilliant Mr. Macaluso has been incognito since this statement. I'd have to say that it doesn't prove anything at all. She could have killed Caylee and someone else could have moved her.

notthatsmart by definition a botanist is a biologist specializing in the study of plants.

An entomologist by definition is the study of insects.

I do not see how the botanist or entomologist would be the person(s) to determine time of death? :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

So what is the big deal that, according to you, they were not present on DAY ONE?

The defense can whine all they want saying that Caylee was put in the woods after Casey was jailed, but the problem with their theory is the forensic plant report does not support it. Plants have their cycle of growth and the roots growing through Caylees body prove that she was there when the searchers supposedly were in the woods. Caylees body was simply concealed in mud and plants and other debris. The jury will in my opinion will consider their claim for a moment until the report on the plant growth will be exposed debunking the myth.

I applaud this post - it is eminently relevant. I can't add anything to it, as Bakersmom said it all.

JMO

Entomology and Botany in Criminal Cases

"Forensic Botany is the study of plants, and plant matter, as they pertain to criminal death investigations", Forensic botany helps with investigations by determining time of death by the study of the surrounding plants, and plants found on the body.

Finding traces of plants can help link a suspect to a crime. There are many subdisciplines in Forensic Botany which includes "palynology, anatomy and dentrochronology, limnology, systematic, ecology, and molecular biology.”

Forensic Entomology is the study of insects to assist in determining the time of death. (Forensic Entomology, 2007) The ways in which the Medical Examiner, Forensic Pathologist, or a Coroner can determine the time since colonization are by examining the "species succession, larval weight, larval length, and by the accumulated degree hour technique", according to Forensic Entomology (2007).

They can also determine if a body has been moved by determining if the insects found on the body originated from outdoors, indoors, in cooler climate, in warmer climate, and by the region they are from. According to Anderson (1998), there are two main ways to determine an approximate time of death. Entomologists use the successional waves of insects and by determining the age and development of maggots. By determining the successional waves of insets, one can tell if a body has been dead from one month to a year. By examining a maggot, one can tell that the body has been dead for less than a month. By looking at the species of insects, one can get an approximate time sooner than a month. Some species show up in the first twenty four hours of death. The presence of drugs could affect the decomposition rate. Temperature is needed to know time of death also. Cooler climate can slow down an insects' process.

Ref: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/663847/entomology_and_botany_in_criminal_cases.html?cat=17

snip
Baez should go in there with the theory that there is a REAL ZANNY but that she must have used this as an alias and that KC did not report Caylee missing because she thought Zanny would not hurt Caylee, but then when the heat of the media was in full affect - Zanny got scared, killed Caylee and dumped her.

That to me is atleast somewhat possible on another planet somewhere.

Besides having to prove that Casey was working or at least had enough money to pay a nanny, there's the problem of the car. It contained forensic evidence in it that proves Caylee was in the car after she died.

So, not only would the nanny have to had killed Caylee but, she would also have had to place her in Casey's car.

Casey did not say that the nanny had access to her car. She did say that JG did.

So perhaps they could say that the nanny gave Caylee to JG thinking it was ok and then JG killed Caylee and placed her in Casey's trunk. Casey did not know she was in the trunk until the car started to smell. Upon discovery of her daughter's body in her trunk Casey panicked. She thought no one would believe that she found her dead daughter in her trunk so, she dumped the body in the woods and abandoned the car.

Entomology and Botany in Criminal Cases

"Forensic Botany is the study of plants, and plant matter, as they pertain to criminal death investigations", Forensic botany helps with investigations by determining time of death by the study of the surrounding plants, and plants found on the body.

Finding traces of plants can help link a suspect to a crime. There are many subdisciplines in Forensic Botany which includes "palynology, anatomy and dentrochronology, limnology, systematic, ecology, and molecular biology.”

Forensic Entomology is the study of insects to assist in determining the time of death. (Forensic Entomology, 2007) The ways in which the Medical Examiner, Forensic Pathologist, or a Coroner can determine the time since colonization are by examining the "species succession, larval weight, larval length, and by the accumulated degree hour technique", according to Forensic Entomology (2007).

They can also determine if a body has been moved by determining if the insects found on the body originated from outdoors, indoors, in cooler climate, in warmer climate, and by the region they are from. According to Anderson (1998), there are two main ways to determine an approximate time of death. Entomologists use the successional waves of insects and by determining the age and development of maggots. By determining the successional waves of insets, one can tell if a body has been dead from one month to a year. By examining a maggot, one can tell that the body has been dead for less than a month. By looking at the species of insects, one can get an approximate time sooner than a month. Some species show up in the first twenty four hours of death. The presence of drugs could affect the decomposition rate. Temperature is needed to know time of death also. Cooler climate can slow down an insects' process.

Ref: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/663847/entomology_and_botany_in_criminal_cases.html?cat=17

Thank you GeorgiaPI!! Here is some additional information:

Forensic Botany: Using Plant Evidence to Aid in Forensic
Death Investigation

http://www.cmj.hr/2005/46/4/16100764.pdf

Interesting Jobs - Crime Scene Botanicals - Forensic Botany
http://www.botany.org/PlantTalkingPoints/crime.php

Forensic Botany
http://myweb.dal.ca/jvandomm/forensicbotany/

Casey killed that child delibeatley, or at the least she had to have known when she but that baby in the trunk she might not be alive for long. Casey is not stupid, she knew this but party time was more important. I wonder if on that fateful night if Cin told Casey she would not babysit anymore, etc.??? So Cin was not too worried because she thought her daughter was doing this to upset her and kept the child from her.

Then Cin discovered the smell..and called the cops. I believe she was truthful with her 911 call. She paniced when she found the smell, and called 911 before telling GA or anyone. After she settled down she realized what she had done. All the rest is spin. Baby Girl was already dead and hidden in the woods. If their part of Fl is like mine, you could not see anything in the water, it would be black.

In the new picture of her wearing the crown upside down, is their bars on the windows behind her?

Originally Posted by Mendara
snip
Baez should go in there with the theory that there is a REAL ZANNY but that she must have used this as an alias and that KC did not report Caylee missing because she thought Zanny would not hurt Caylee, but then when the heat of the media was in full affect - Zanny got scared, killed Caylee and dumped her.

That to me is atleast somewhat possible on another planet somewhere.

Hijacking this snip . . . .

The problem I see with saying Zanny must've used an alias is --

1. How do you explain the vacant apartment?
2. How do you explain the fact another address given for Zanny was an old folks home?
3. What sort of mother would not know all those months/years that she was lying?
4. How could all those people around "Zanny" - including her family, boyfriend and children - keep up the lie?
5. What could the possible reason be for someone to do this? To Casey Anthony?

There would have to be a WHOLE LOT of planning and scheming going on to make this happen. It's just not possible. I respect your opinion, but it certainly wouldn't fly in court.

This may have been mentioned but couldn't KC have used the shovel to cover Caylee with dirt before the rains came? That could be the reason she was not found earlier.

She will probably also tell them that the Governor called her personally, before they came, and issued a stay of execution, from a private number of course.

Of course the Governor reveals that he is using the elusive Blackjack...

BBM.

O/T but KC will walk all the way to the end of Death Row and will turn and tell the guards that it was all a lie, it was really just an accident. :banghead: Sorry couldn't resist.

She must have read your post, she didn't wait till she was on death row to say it.

bunk, those woods were never thoroughly searched because of the rains. I went to search there myself and changed my mind because by the time I went the fence was up. My understanding is that Kronk ignored the fence.

Hi all!

I dont think they will sentence her to death! JMO

What will happend to George A if the Jury believes it was an accident an GA disposed of the body?

The defense looks more desperate as each week goes by. Grasping at straws is an understatement here. I can't imagine any jury imaginative enough to follow the defense's apparent theory:

Caylee somehow being taken by "Zanny" and then passed along to Roy Kronk, who held on to the body while KC partied so he could plant it near her house after she got arrested!?

If there wasn't a murder involved this would be comedy of almost Pythonesque proportions. Enjoy your DP, KC. If you really want out of it, try confessing. :Banana15:

Hi BuffaloPI, Have you ever seen a trial like this? I am not impressed with the dynamic abilities of either the D or P. Oh, and I think I fixed your banana. YaYa Nope, it didn't work ;}

Casey killed that child delibeatley, or at the least she had to have known when she but that baby in the trunk she might not be alive for long. Casey is not stupid, she knew this but party time was more important. I wonder if on that fateful night if Cin told Casey she would not babysit anymore, etc.??? So Cin was not too worried because she thought her daughter was doing this to upset her and kept the child from her.

Then Cin discovered the smell..and called the cops. I believe she was truthful with her 911 call. She paniced when she found the smell, and called 911 before telling GA or anyone. After she settled down she realized what she had done. All the rest is spin. Baby Girl was already dead and hidden in the woods. If their part of Fl is like mine, you could not see anything in the water, it would be black.

In the new picture of her wearing the crown upside down, is their bars on the windows behind her?

Hi Orb4me, Do you know where that pic with her wearing the crown is? Ta

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding
Back