Casey's car: Did she intend to retrieve it from Amscot or what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe she left it for FrankM. I just cannot let go of this guy, he's bugged me from the beginning. Perhaps she contacted him initially to chop her car for her? I'm straying into "Pontiac" thread territory, but dangit, he fits in somewhere, if not the apartment scam or the Amscot dump...

O/T but who is FrankM and where I can read about him?
TY!

I remember Frank. He was on her phone calls that summer of 2008. I think he is the one who lived in Winter Garden and was arrested around the time she was arrested. He was in St.Augustine or Jacksonville in jail. I called the detective on his case and let him know that ICA was contacting him. He dealt in stolen car parts.

There was brief discussion between Luke and DomC about him, too, but it's the last I heard of it.

I don't remember us covering him a whole lot here, he was listed in KC's phone under "Scam," IIRC and they texted back and forth in July '08. Google "Casey Anthony McKeever" for more info, don't want to list blogs that reference him, but there are quite a few.

There used to be a big discussion about him, and one day I wanted to add something to it and couldn't find it anymore. Looking back through my post history it shows on 11/2/09 I asked where his thread went and someone answered that lots of threads were never tagged properly and were almost impossible to find again. :doh:

That particular thread got so long that you needed to have some sort of condensed summary to get through it, and I had copied a lot of the info on the posts to Word, and I was going to sort them and then post that (but ever did, too lazy lol). So I do still have a lot of that sleuthing if anyone thinks I should reopen a thread about him (is something like that OK with mods?)

I wish you would start a post about him. I hadn't heard of him before tonight and just googled and read a lot about him. I wonder if she wanted him to sell the (stinky) Pontiac for her? Or steal it for her and chop it?

There used to be a big discussion about him, and one day I wanted to add something to it and couldn't find it anymore. Looking back through my post history it shows on 11/2/09 I asked where his thread went and someone answered that lots of threads were never tagged properly and were almost impossible to find again. :doh:

That particular thread got so long that you needed to have some sort of condensed summary to get through it, and I had copied a lot of the info on the posts to Word, and I was going to sort them and then post that (but ever did, too lazy lol). So I do still have a lot of that sleuthing if anyone thinks I should reopen a thread about him (is something like that OK with mods?)

I may know what you are thinking of, but it was not on this forum...search it out, and you will still find something like you described out there on the web. Add "cars" to the search with his name...

Lurker, 1st time poster.

Has it ever been established when/how KC learned her car was towed from Asmcot?

Lurker, 1st time poster.

:welcome5:

Monday June 30th...Casey spent the day, shopping etc..iirc after Amy left for work that afternoon the cell pings show Casey in the area of Amscot...she must have noticed her car was no longer there...but I don't know if she knew for sure her car was towed...just that it was no longer there...maybe she was hoping it was stolen

naw she was hoping for it to get stolen. That would take care of a lot of her problems, wouldn't it? She could even try to say that someone took her car AND Caylee.

Nothing ICA does makes sense so we would just have to guess but my guess is she just ditched it. She didnt want it back, Im sure TL wouldve brought some gas for it but....she told him it was broke down and her Dad would take care of it, makes no sense. She KNEW the car was in her parents name and not hers. Maybe she saw it as their problem. It is hard to figure out how she thinks.

naw she was hoping for it to get stolen. That would take care of a lot of her problems, wouldn't it? She could even try to say that someone took her car AND Caylee.

This couldve been one motive but how do they steal it when it has no gas LOL

Was the Amscott in a bad area of town? Because usually they take them to bad part of town if they wanted it stolen??:waitasec: I have always wondered why she left the car, too and never went back for it THAT day.

I think she may have wanted it stolen but she should have left the keys in it..lol

I may know what you are thinking of, but it was not on this forum...search it out, and you will still find something like you described out there on the web. Add "cars" to the search with his name...

Thanks for the help, I will google with those terms also. :seeya:

But the one I still would love to come across again is the one that was here on WS - it was the one that was mentioned here:

Originally Posted by sleutherontheside 11-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone know where the Frank M. thread went???????

Originally Posted by TakeNote 11-11-2009, 01:22 AM
no....but do you have any updated info

Originally Posted by Unsolved 11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I'd like to know this too - I was always going to try and condense the thread for easy reference and also have a few things to add to it (that probably are not important at all LOL)

I am going to start a new thread on him and copy over all the info I have*. The reason I'm interested again is that when ICA says that Zanny drove a Ford Focus that rang a bell and I started remembering that FJM was big on the Focus fansites. I'll try and get it up soon, pretty interesting stuff. :seeya:

(*Well, I'm going to ask a Mod if I'm allowed to first, just in case!)

Lurker, 1st time poster.

Yes, when Cindy asked Amy to take her to find KC (at TL's apartment)

Congratulations of your first post Denisemb!! :welcome:

My thoughts but I haven't thought much here, but when CA ask KC " why didn't she pick up the car" and we do not know who "she" was. Now with reading your post maybe "she" was someone at a chop shop.

I agree that KC didn't really plan things out too well. Like writing Amy's checks. She had to know she would get caught but I think she just figured she'd get out of it like she always did.
As for the car, as I recall the car was towed on a Friday. I think KC may have considered stealing the gas cans again but she couldn't do it on the weekend so she may have planned on going back on Monday but it was too late.

I keep thinking about KC's car, the Pontiac and I can't decide if she wanted it stolen or was she intending to go back and retrieve it when she left it at Amscot. What are your opinions on this?

My opinion since the get-go is she hoped it would be stolen, and, she thought....

"ok, no flies on me now":crazy::crazy::crazy:

I think ICA is all about ICA. She has a different version of reality than the rest of us. She probably didn't realize that the car would be towed or that the tow company would contact her parents.

Casey knew the odor was in car and that it was noticeable, so she couldn't park it at the apt.s or take it back home and leave it. I think she could have been planning a time to get enough gas to get it somewhere and set the trunk on fire. First, she would have to be away from Tony, the roommates, and Amy long enough so they couldn't say that Caylee wasn't around at all. She simply must not have had enough money to do that and have a place to stay for a few days. Casey must have known that Cindy was threatening to turn the car in as stolen and that Amy was going to discover the thefts pretty soon, too. The only way to hide the decomp odor in the vehicle was to destroy it or at least part of it.

The Susan Smith story...Yep, she was hoping it would get stolen & that would be her "cry"...they took Caylee & the car...purse too!

She couldn't take anything out of the car because I'm sure everything smelled to high heaven. This is when TL picked her up and she had food but not food from the store, food in clear ziploc bags (TL said he thought it came out of her moms freezer). So, 2 questions, how many minutes is it from the Anthony home to the Amscot? When the car began to smell so bad & she decided to dump it at Amscot, waiting outside the car for TL with the bags...how did she get the car there with the bags & be able to ride in Tony's car without "the smell" being on her.

Remember how many times she had went different places to shower...so, did she take the car to Amscot, park it, go back to the Anthony home (where she had clothes), then afterward grab some food out of the freezer & go back to the Amscot to wait for TL. Could her cell phone pings support this theory? I've always wondered that.

The Susan Smith story...Yep, she was hoping it would get stolen & that would be her "cry"...they took Caylee & the car...purse too!

She couldn't take anything out of the car because I'm sure everything smelled to high heaven. This is when TL picked her up and she had food but not food from the store, food in clear ziploc bags (TL said he thought it came out of her moms freezer). So, 2 questions, how many minutes is it from the Anthony home to the Amscot? When the car began to smell so bad & she decided to dump it at Amscot, waiting outside the car for TL with the bags...how did she get the car there with the bags & be able to ride in Tony's car without "the smell" being on her.

Remember how many times she had went different places to shower...so, did she take the car to Amscot, park it, go back to the Anthony home (where she had clothes), then afterward grab some food out of the freezer & go back to the Amscot to wait for TL. Could her cell phone pings support this theory? I've always wondered that.

Didn't Tony say she had on jogging clothes at that time? I believe it's been said that the home isn't that far, or Maybe she had on a sundress over her jogging clothes and threw it in the Amscot dumpster. You'd think the smell would even be in her hair though.

Didn't Tony say she had on jogging clothes at that time? I believe it's been said that the home isn't that far, or Maybe she had on a sundress over her jogging clothes and threw it in the Amscot dumpster. You'd think the smell would even be in her hair though.

I maybe wrong here, but didn't one of her friends say they thought they saw her running down the street around that time frame & asked her if it was her & she said it wasn't? Hmmmm ICA & the truth?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinsfan
Back