Death Penalty Vs Life in Prison and Why

do you want Casey to get the death penalty?

• yes

Votes: 106 59.2%
  • no

Votes: 73 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I think there is something mentally wrong with Casey Anthony, its been obvious for years. What if 10 years down the road Docs find out that there is something wrong with her brain and she has a disease and its something she could never help? If Chris Coleman didn't get sentenced to death, no way will she. imo

There are no diseases or mental illnesses which cause a person to murder another person. Mental illness does not cause violence.

I was all for LWOP, until I heard the defense's opening statement, then I felt DP was needed.

That is, until I read this, an excerpt from the National Enquirer article about Susan Smith in 2010(I know, I know), but I do believe that this is something baby killers get daily in prison.

"When I got to prison, Susan was in a different building,” said Bost. “But word gets around. I heard that when she would go to bed, the other ladies would make crying sounds like a child, and shout things like, ‘Please Mommy, get me out. I’m wet. I’m cold."

I also believe in the statement, "You can't con a con". She will be a very small fish in a huge ocean of cons, and I hope she has to live a very long life with them, or maybe a Jeffrey Dahmer fate. I do believe an inmate will want to become "notorious" for doing the deed. This will save the state money and allow a slow torture until the deed is done.

Casey has basically nothing in common with most inmates, a spoiled princess who threw it all away, and that will not be lost on the population.

If convicted LWOP. She just doesn't fit into the categorie of serial killers, mass murders, terrorists, etc., that i feel need to leave this earth. I could even go with eventual parole, but not for at least 45 years.
Of course this is without hearing all the details so just my opinion at the moment.

Actually, her getting out in 45 years would probably be the worst punishment possible for her. She would be 70 years old. Her parents would likely be dead. Her brother Lee (if still alive) would be an old old man. She would have NOBODY. She would have to start her life from scratch at 70 yrs old. I wonder how many hot body contests she would be in then?

I prefer LWOP. Definitely.

Just what this selfish mother, daughter, friend and all-around party girl ordered. Let her play by someone else's rules forever. Then she can deal with her maker.

She should be made confess, apologize and hold her head low of shame.
Guess how? (hint: No beating or violence :) )

Looking at crime scene photos...... I didn't realize there was SO much hair left on Caylee.

How can anyone give this woman LWOP after seeing the crime scene photos????

Hair Photo is at Caylee Daily

Exactly. I think there is something mentally wrong with Casey Anthony, its been obvious for years. What if 10 years down the road Docs find out that there is something wrong with her brain and she has a disease and its something she could never help? If Chris Coleman didn't get sentenced to death, no way will she. imo

Exactly why the defense should have had a neuropsych exam and brain scans.

I originally voted for LWOP, because I figured she would really suffer in prison, never having the possibility of ever getting out. However, after hearing testimony in this trial regarding the duct tape and how it covered Caylee's face, I realize KC has no feelings, NONE. I'm hoping for the death penalty, she should pay the ultimate price for this crime.

I think any person who knowingly kills an innocent child should get the death penalty, period. Make that the standard, don't let them sit on death row forever, and people would probably start to get the hint. I'm mean today.

Karla-Homolka.jpg

Karla H in jail thriving in a negligee.

From what I have read, myself, and heard from other WS'ers, Susan Smith is thriving in prison. I think KC would, too... which is why I hope she gets the DP.

I'm going with LWOP because I'm on the fence if it was accident or not. The theory that ICA wanted to party and used chloroform and duct tape to keep Caylee knocked out and quiet. It's a horrible thing to do but (in my mind) easier to accept than murder.

Of course there is something mentally wrong with KC. Who could kill a 2 year old girl not to mention her own 2 yo girl.

As a general rule I don't believe in death penalty but if it's the law in Florida then maybe she should have considered it before she decided not to report the drowning of her sweet baby girl and let her father dump her in the woods like trash and make it look like a murder instead of an accident. :waitasec:

I will take either one, just keep her in there
(LWOP just because she irritates me...)

Death penalty. I'm all for it and this case warrants it. Not just because she chloroformed her daughter and then suffocated her by layering tape over her nose and mouth. Not because of all the other times Caylee was with "the nanny" and Casey was seen out around town. For two years that child was supposed to be with "the nanny" while Casey was living it up like she didn't have a kid. Where did she keep her? What did she do to Caylee nearly every day before she killed her?

But the bottom line is she killed her child. All child killers should get the death penalty. No exceptions.

Actually, her getting out in 45 years would probably be the worst punishment possible for her. She would be 70 years old. Her parents would likely be dead. Her brother Lee (if still alive) would be an old old man. She would have NOBODY. She would have to start her life from scratch at 70 yrs old. I wonder how many hot body contests she would be in then?

Personally I'd like to see her win the cold body contest. Just sayin.

I think the death penalty should be reserved for those who pose an "exceptional" risk(above substantial, as most criminals pose a substantial risk) to the public. While some may not view Casey as posing an "exeptional" risk to the public (in general) because she's simply another woman who killed her own child...I see her as having the potential to be exceptionally dangerous to anyone/everyone who crosses her path, should she ever be released. And that is why, in this case, I want Casey to get the DP. The risk of her getting LWOP only to have some law/statute passed that could potentially reduce her sentence somewhere down the road is not a chance I'm willing to take, especially considering her ability to con & manipulate! I've always felt, from the very onset of this case, that GA & CA were her targets as well and I believe, with every fiber of my being, that ANYONE who ever comes in contact with Casey, that she sees as getting in the way of getting something she wants, is expendable. I am 110% in favor of the DP in this case. JMO ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998