Deceased/Not Found CO - Aarone Thompson, 4, Aurora, 2003 *A. Thompson guilty*

Aaron Thompson, convicted on 31 counts related to the death of his daughter Aaroné, today was sentenced to 102 years in prison and 12 years in county jail.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_13754918?source=rsssimplepiehome

I have a lot of mixed feelings about his sentence. Part of me is happy that he got so many years, part of me worries that he'll be out in a fraction of his sentence, and the other part of me wishes that someone could beat him near to death and make him tell where Aarone is. She deserves a proper burial, and he, as a father, should be willing to make that happen.

:furious:

I've personally never seen a sentence divided like that. I wonder how they decided which would be served first?

This mornings local news said that AT's attorney is planning his appeal, so I guess that will insure there will be no statement about a remains site, for the time being anyway.

Good Lord, he's admitted that Aarone's dead. But he wants everyone to believe that SL was responsible for killing her. The only thing I can assume is that if her remains were recovered they would show brutal force, probably to the skull, and inculpate him, as he was the brawn of the team. If he wants to say that SL (the brains, LOL) drowned her or some such, I'd think that if there was no such trauma to her bones, then that might bolster his story somewhat. Mind you, in for a penny, in for a pound with these two. Maybe I missed something. Is he claiming that he didn't participate in the disposal of Aarone's body?

I've personally never seen a sentence divided like that. I wonder how they decided which would be served first?

This mornings local news said that AT's attorney is planning his appeal, so I guess that will insure there will be no statement about a remains site, for the time being anyway.

Good Lord, he's admitted that Aarone's dead. But he wants everyone to believe that SL was responsible for killing her. The only thing I can assume is that if her remains were recovered they would show brutal force, probably to the skull, and inculpate him, as he was the brawn of the team. If he wants to say that SL (the brains, LOL) drowned her or some such, I'd think that if there was no such trauma to her bones, then that might bolster his story somewhat. Mind you, in for a penny, in for a pound with these two. Maybe I missed something. Is he claiming that he didn't participate in the disposal of Aarone's body?

He has played dumb for so long I think he believes his own lies. I was so upset when SL died, not because I thought she was innocent, but because I thought she might turn on him. I'll try to find a link to a community organizer who was with Aaron when rumor was LE had found her and Aaron responded, no they didnt', not a direct quote. This may take me a while as I heard the interview on the radio.
-------------------------------------------
Boy did I remember that wrong, sorry. Here is a link to an article though...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/5540592/detail.html

He knows where that baby is! :(

Activists who work to stop child abuse will gather in Aurora Monday to remember a little girl whose body was never found.

Aarone Thompson will be honored with a candlelight vigil by the Kempe Foundation. The service is planned for 4:30 p.m. in the playground area at The Children's Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21759057/detail.html

Such a sad case... her father admits she's dead but won't allow a proper burial for her. What a ! I hope his cellmates read this and beat the living pulp out of him.

Her killer may be in jail... but her body is still out there. Someone knows... Let's bring her home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back