Casey and Family Psych Profile #11

I do believe that ICA is personality disordered - sociopathic, narcisitistic - and that she is very good a portraying whatever she needs to portray to get what she wants. She played at being a good mother - because that brought her lots of attention. She was able to convince others of her "special bond". So cool to be a teen parent, sacrificing everything for her beautiful child - but that view of herself got old. Caylee got in her way of whatever the new vision of herself she wanted and well we all know what happened.

Anyone who has been in the vortex of this type of person, knows how easily it is to get caught up in the lies and the drama. The behaviour is crazy making to those around the individual - like her parents and brother... it gets to the point that you just dont know what is true any more - so you push it away because otherwise it will drive you insane. I think this is what her family has done over the years. Unfortunately in so doing, they probably destroyed evidence and inadvertently lead the police astray. I think they all knew in their gut that Caylee was dead, but desparately wanted to hold onto the lies that ICA told them, so they pushed their fears aside. It almost killed George.
I cant help but wonder if their denial - although I understand it - unintentionally contributed to what ultimately happened. I think they simply tried to encourage their disordered daughter to do what she could not - to be a caring, loving, responsible mother.
There is such enmeshment and face saving in this family - I sometimes wonder if they still believe that ICA is innocent and have given tacit approval to JB wild theories in the hopes that ICA will be vindicated - that the family - that enmeshed unit - will be vindicated. I cannot imagine the private pain and recriminations George and Cindy must feel. I understand wanting to avoid thinking that as parents they may have contributed to something so tragic. On the other hand the accusations against Lee and George... I can't imagine they would allow that.

I sometimes worry that in JB - ICA has found the perfect advocate. His antics seem crazy making too - will the jury be caught up in the votex of ICA lies - the same way so many others have?
I wonder if ICA is found guilty will her family finally acknowledge that as truth. If they do, I would have new found respect and admiration for them.

These are just my wonderings. I do not wish to offend anyone...

IMO

CA will do fine in prison. She will, once again, adapt to her surroundings and collect people.

I don't think I care what happens to her as long as it is the DP or LWOP. I wish Susan Sm or Darlie R were tortured every day by their own hells, but from what I've heard, they are not. I wish there were some measure of revenge that could be extracted, but I don't think it will happen. CA will adapt and care for herself no matter what the sentence. IMO

Duckley, well said.

I also believe she will do fine in prison because again someone else i.e. the state will be taking care of her and her needs. She will not have to change one iota she can just sit around all day and be taken care of for the rest of her life. I think that is exactly what Casey desperately wanted....to be taken care of and not have to do anything as in work etc. so prison will in a sense be a means to that end. Grant it, I am sure this wasn't her idea of the "beautiful life" but it is another way to be able to live and avoid having to take responsibility for ones self.

Oh yeah, CA has tremendous responsibility here, IMO. She knew for years ICA was doing all the wrong things. And when CA's lying, thieving, disrespectful (to all) daughter became a mother herself, CA should have marched herself to whatever governmental agency is appropriate and taken custody of that child until and if (big "if") ICA became a productive member of society. To think that ICA would be a decent mother was, well, I don't know what, on CA's part and since they all lived together CA KNEW ICA was STILL doing all the wrong things. Oh yeah, CA was wrong on a lot of levels, beginning way before the birth of that baby. Would counseling, "tough love," etc. have made a difference early in ICA's life? Who knows? I don't think I've seen anything that shows they tried anything but "cover up" when it came to ICA's behavior. And now CA is going to live with tremendous grief all the rest of her life--every day. She publicly blames everyone else and says outright lies (i.e., ICA was a good mother, etc.) but she's paying the price--now and forever--and she has no way out of that.

I have read somewhere, but I forget where, that a high-school friend of Casey's wanted to adopted Caylee before she was even born, but that Cindy forbade it. Is this true?

I have read somewhere, but I forget where, that a high-school friend of Casey's wanted to adopted Caylee before she was even born, but that Cindy forbade it. Is this true?

lol, that depends. If ya want to believe CA, she was more than happy ICA was having a baby. Totally supported the pregnancy as she claimed in her depos.

Kiomarie, the "I got me 15 minutes of fame" acquaintance of ICA, said she told ICA she would adopt the baby.

Oh yeah, CA has tremendous responsibility here, IMO. She knew for years ICA was doing all the wrong things. And when CA's lying, thieving, disrespectful (to all) daughter became a mother herself, CA should have marched herself to whatever governmental agency is appropriate and taken custody of that child until and if (big "if") ICA became a productive member of society. To think that ICA would be a decent mother was, well, I don't know what, on CA's part and since they all lived together CA KNEW ICA was STILL doing all the wrong things. Oh yeah, CA was wrong on a lot of levels, beginning way before the birth of that baby. Would counseling, "tough love," etc. have made a difference early in ICA's life? Who knows? I don't think I've seen anything that shows they tried anything but "cover up" when it came to ICA's behavior. And now CA is going to live with tremendous grief all the rest of her life--every day. She publicly blames everyone else and says outright lies (i.e., ICA was a good mother, etc.) but she's paying the price--now and forever--and she has no way out of that.

Good point.
I think she tried tough love at the end - and that clearly did not work. Not sure you can cure PD or sociothopy with councelling or medication - BUT had they gotten help - a diagnosis - then I think for sure, Cindy and Geoprge would have protected Caylee....

Duckley, well said.

I also believe she will do fine in prison because again someone else i.e. the state will be taking care of her and her needs. She will not have to change one iota she can just sit around all day and be taken care of for the rest of her life. I think that is exactly what Casey desperately wanted....to be taken care of and not have to do anything as in work etc. so prison will in a sense be a means to that end. Grant it, I am sure this wasn't her idea of the "beautiful life" but it is another way to be able to live and avoid having to take responsibility for ones self.

I'm not so sure you can compare a life spent captive behind bars, stripped of all your freedoms, to be comparable to any life outside of prison. Yes, you're fed, you're clothed, and you get your basic physical needs met, but the psychological toll that being a prisoner has on a person cannot be underestimated. I know she has adapted somewhat, but hers is and will be a pathetic and miserable existence nonetheless.

Casey Anthony Trial: Psychiatric Clues of an Accused Child Killer

ANALYSIS By Dr. MICHAEL WELNER
June 20, 2011
ABC News Consultant Michael Welner, M.D., one of America's top forensic psychiatrists, looks at the evidence raised in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. As the defense presents its case, what has been truly revealing of the person we think we see?

What evidence presented so far is most significant to you, based upon your experience with mothers who kill children, and why?

The history of Casey Anthony's inactions and actions is even more significant than her words. Stunning enough that this fully socialized woman from a competently-policed area would not report her child missing for a full month. Compounding the evidence of her detachment are her activities during that time. She was lounging aimlessly with her boyfriend, entering a hot body contest, carousing, and engaged in other remarkably unremarkable activities. That Casey was so unaffected, and relegated Caylee's absence to such a low priority, speaks to how detached she was from her missing child.

more
video within article
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...rtrait-accused-child-killer/story?id=13881355

Yes, but she has to ask for that help. And when she has been evaluated in the past by a psychologist, she has been found to have no personality disorders from my understanding. She won't ask for help, she's perfectly normal in her eyes. IMO

If you read my post I wrote "Help should be available if a person, no matter what they have done, asks for it and is willing to work for it." We assume she won't ask for it but we don't know that.

Ok, I'll bite.

I wouldn't wish a personality disorder on my worst enemy. Her behaviors are her own, fine punish her for that but her illness happened to her.. she didn't ask for this. Help should be available if a person, no matter what they have done, asks for it and is willing to work for it. The ONLY people who should decide if a person is beyond hope is the professional working with them and even they are wrong sometimes. We all deserve a chance to be, to feel normal- even if it can only happen in prison.

I hope she gets help and I hope that it wakes her up in ways she never thought possible.. I hope she can learn how to feel and that she someday is able to realize how horrendous her actions have been and takes responsibility for them. WE have our opinions about what's wrong with this girl but none of us knows and until a mental health professional (who has worked with her, not watched her on TV) says she can't be fixed, we have no business assuming she (or anyone for that matter) is beyond hope.

uh huh, I know.. I should just go away.:bang: lol

I so agree with what you said. That took a lot of courage to say.

I believe the old school friend Kiomarie told the Enquirer in a story she sold that she offered to adopt the baby and Cindy wanted Casey to keep her. No one else has said any such thing and there was no mention of Kiomarie actually ever talking to Cindy herself to veryify if this was true or not. Casey has always seemed to take glee in making people dislike her family and to have someone to blame, so even having a baby seems to make her a victim. The daddy was tragically killed and the poor teen was forced by her cruel mother to keep the baby. What a load of malarkey. All the while, she was conning the gullible Jesse into thinking he was the daddy when they hadn't even had sex in months. No one could keep that girl from doing what she wanted and the death of Caylee proves it.

These comments aren't directed at you, but at the article and implications surrounding it.

The trend among some therapists now seems to be to make up a name for anything bad a person does and call it a disorder.

What is best for a person to grow and learn?

"You lied, and that is a bad choice to make."

"You lied, but it's only because you suffer from (insert important sounding name here). It's not your fault. Pay me $100.00 per hour so I can absolve you of all guilt and shame you may be feeling."

I relate this to what the Anthony attorney Lippman said, that the family believes ICA is mentally disturbed and wants to get her help. Same old same old. Just keep on supporting the lies any old way that works.

ICA's family will always make sure ICA bears no responsibility for lying. Nothing's wrong about the Zanny lie and putting the family through hell, nor should ICA feel any worry or stress about saying Lee and GA molested her. Just sick, so unbelievably sick.

Take a look at Cindy's reaction when Dr. Spitz is testifying- she is grinning and so thankful that her liar is being protected.

Casey Anthony Trial: Psychiatric Clues of an Accused Child Killer
ANALYSIS By Dr. MICHAEL WELNER
June 20, 2011
ABC News Consultant Michael Welner, M.D., one of America's top forensic psychiatrists, looks at the evidence raised in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. As the defense presents its case, what has been truly revealing of the person we think we see?

What evidence presented so far is most significant to you, based upon your experience with mothers who kill children, and why?

The history of Casey Anthony's inactions and actions is even more significant than her words. Stunning enough that this fully socialized woman from a competently-policed area would not report her child missing for a full month. Compounding the evidence of her detachment are her activities during that time. She was lounging aimlessly with her boyfriend, entering a hot body contest, carousing, and engaged in other remarkably unremarkable activities. That Casey was so unaffected, and relegated Caylee's absence to such a low priority, speaks to how detached she was from her missing child.

more at link
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...rtrait-accused-child-killer/story?id=13881355

I'm reading posts about how the mental health community will be studying the Anthony's for years to come so I just wanted to say again that "family's" like the Anthony's are really not that rare. The only reason we know about their dysfunction is because of Caylee's death.. otherwise they would have lived quietly in their dysfunction like millions of other dysfunctional family's.

Thought I'd re-post these links-

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28642

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28645&cn=8

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28646&cn=8

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-legacy-distorted-love/201105/the-narcissistic-family-portrait

After CA's testimony on 06/23 and Lee's testimony today (06/24), I'm just more amazed than ever at this family's dynamic. I don't know what it is, I don't know what they have going on, but it's just bizarre. I really get the feeling that they would like ICA to be exonerated and come back home with them. They never seem to cry purely for the loss of Caylee - maybe that is too harsh on my part, but Lee's comment about not wanting himself, ICA, or his parents to "be here" just jarred me - what about where Caylee ended up? How about that?

WHO ?????? She cant be the victim because we are ....

I want to say more but dare not

To buy into family secrets and dysfunction is helping casey's case, because there is no real proof. Most of it relates to what casey herself told people, and she lies. Now the family may only be trying to save her. Their real problems seem to be money, some marital, and casey. Cindy's attitude toward media snoops and cops is explainable.

Every family is dysfunctional in some way or another. This family is an extreme case. I dislike the parents for what they've tried to do to innocent people associated with this case but I don't believe Cindy was a bad mother to Casey.

Cindy seems to have worked very hard to provide for her family. Casey was given shelter (and a nice one at that!), good food, a car, a phone etc. The parents provided everything for Caylee as well. There are so many people who don't have the comfort of even basic necessities. If Cindy was such a bully and George was an incompetent father then Casey had the option of getting a job and moving out. Instead she chose to stay at home, use her parents' resources and then portrays herself as a victim. Please. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Casey.

I think she will continue to make her parents' and brother's lives a living hell unless they cut off all contact with her. She will probably tell her father and brother "abuse" angle was her attorney's idea and she only went along with it because they made her.

JB better have taped every conversation he's ever had with ICA because that will be her next move...
Then the A's will all miraculously remember that she tried to warn them of this with cryptic messages which they didn't understand at the time.
:banghead:

I'm reading posts about how the mental health community will be studying the Anthony's for years to come so I just wanted to say again that "family's" like the Anthony's are really not that rare. The only reason we know about their dysfunction is because of Caylee's death.. otherwise they would have lived quietly in their dysfunction like millions of other dysfunctional family's.

Thought I'd re-post these links-

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28642

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28645&cn=8

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=28646&cn=8

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-love/201105/the-narcissistic-family-portrait

Thank you for these links :) They made for some very interesting reading.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back