2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK are we going to find out that the fantastic "AZlawyer" investigated the April Whalen information already and is going to lay it all out for us like VT? :great:

If not, let's see what we can find out!!!

This is a WS Classic...I love it!

As I listened to LDB, I was thinking the same thing!

and just to make this totally bizarre I note that the first news story posted above referred to Deputy Sheriff Padilla........

As a classic sociopth, ICA does not own an independent thought. Everything that filters through are ideas, concepts and words of other people. She later adopts, adjusts and integrates them into her personality.

And, by her body language seems to literally digest the lies (per my last post on this thread).

Hope the lunchtime provides the jury with their own digestion of what they have witnessed thus far.

It is totally inconceivable to me that Casey continues to copy bits and pieces of other people's lives and intertwine it into her fabrications of truth.

Thank You who ever called that tip in to LE.

And as an added twist to this story GA and what he supposedly did to ICA. :banghead:

OH GAWD NO!!!

NOW PADILLA IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS TOO!?!? So help us.....

We are all doomed... this case is never going to end

I imagine this is Carlos Padilla, the sheriff's spokesperson we watched throughout the case.

I don't believe in coincidence. This also would not be the first time Casey took someone elses truth and twisted the story to make it her own lie

[QUOTE Again, I must ask, where has Cheney Mason-the-highly-experienced-and-well-respected defense team attorney been over the past almost two years that he has been a part of this defense team?

I just cannot understand how there can be as many supposedly good attorneys who have been a part of this defense team over the past three years to have had NO ONE who thought it might be a good idea to take a look at a computer hard drive they had been given! Yikes, what a bungle.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree! I was just wondering why CM and the rest of the DT are just sitting there watching this train wreck as if they have no obligation to put on a better case!

6 hour time change here so just getting up...Heard on In Session a witness stated she thought Caylee had just been in the woods 2 weeks? How does she explain the plants growing up and around the skeleton?

She said (and no, I am not making this up) that roots will not grow up through a hole in a bone. Then she suggested that poor little Caylee's leg bone having been found four inches underground was the result of a dog or coyote buring it. :mad::mad::mad: I was spitting nails.

I find it totally unbelievable that JB and his team did not go over everything about June 15th and 16th. There is no way they don't know what happened on those dates. But if that bit is true, that is the best evidence yet pointing to JB being incompetent.

6 hour time change here so just getting up...Heard on In Session a witness stated she thought Caylee had just been in the woods 2 weeks? How does she explain the plants growing up and around the skeleton?

Morning!

I was up when testimony started and it's worth going to the transcript thread for this morning and reading what was said. What-a-morning!

I don't see it posted to the sticky threads yet. But it will be. Worth the read instead of a rundown for sure!

I honestly think that when THIS rodeo is finally over, Judge Perry will take action to see to it that Mr. Baez does not have further opportunity to represent clients in death penalty cases. I would think he will feel obligated to do so in order to protect the justice system in Florida.

Again, I must ask, where has Cheney Mason-the-highly-experienced-and-well-respected defense team attorney been over the past almost two years that he has been a part of this defense team?

I just cannot understand how there can be as many supposedly good attorneys who have been a part of this defense team over the past three years to have had NO ONE who thought it might be a good idea to take a look at a computer hard drive they had been given! Yikes, what a bungle.

I agree 100%. I've come to expect lies that don't add up easily from ICA, she just isn't very bright but there is just no excuse for JB not to have a timeline down pat before opening his mouth to the jury. He will then try and tell them he was mistaken and misspoke and opening statement is not evidence? Not to hold it against his client. Obviously if he didn't check the timeline he was taking her word for it. I can't imagine what HHJP is thinking.

Well, I'm pretty lost since I'm at work and trying to follow the action. I don't think this witness has testified yet? I understand the computer issues just discussed. But the DNA witness from the Netherlands - has he testified? Is he going to be allowed to testify? Sorry to jump in like this and if you don't have time to answer I'll wait and catch up tonight. Thanks.
FOR QUIETSTORM
RE (DNA guy) just got started testifying,but so far ,only about his credentials.
His testimony today will be very limited in scope .Judge is allowing the defense to request a Frye hearing to determine if parts of his testimony will be allowed in at a later time.
Judge questioned this witness about the court order to produce a report.
JB is in deep doodoo.

I used to think it was just waffling that came from the fact that it was all a lie and he couldn't remember what their lie was but after he said that "I SPECIFICALLY told that the time was unspecified" I'm thinking he did it on purpose to be vague since "I didn't do my homework and check any of her activities that day so I'm leaving myself a lot of wiggle room"
Kind of like KC's "I dropped her off between 9 am and 1 pm."

I think he's going very far out of his way to not point out all the DT shortcomings.

I see this opinion if you have not watched everything closely and do not truly understand the "errors" committed by the defense. Is a mom who puts a child in time out being unfair if the child did something wrong? I guess you could say that if you did not understand or see what the child did wrong. Same thing IMO.

Did anyone happen to get a shot of KC's face when the name "April Whalen" was introduced? Just curious....

"A miscommunication between several adults at the home left Isaiah Whalen unattended, and he fell into the water, Padilla said."

Who is this Padilla?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,386821,00.html

"We believe Casey knows where the girl is because everything she’s told us so far has turned out to be lies," Orlando sheriff's spokesman Carlos Padilla told FOXNews.com on Sunday.

Google "April Whalen Mugshot" and you find some things, including HER BIRTH DATE. :thud: :thud: :thud:

I found 2 from Seminole County - if it is the same woman (I'm sure it is because it shows 6/16 as the birth date on both). She looks pretty rough.

4/25/04
12/05/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members