Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if MM has heard the news?

Now she may get a second chance at him.:mad:

just sayin'
fran

I'm not that shocked that some of the jurors had reasonable doubt, but I am shocked that this Wake County jury did not return a guilty verdict. They normally do this and that's what has me so surprised. I know it's not a popular opinion on these boards, but I can see how they saw doubt. I don't think he is innocent. I believe he is guilty as charged and a very cruel, pathalogical person, but they are my feelings after following the case. IF I was a juror, I'm not sure I could take that leap to guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, based on the evidence.

I do hope the jurors do open up about how they saw things. It could help the state prepare more and close up any gaps. It could also cause the state to offer a plea deal.

I agree with you. We always look for the "smoking gun" in the prosecution case, but when Jason took the stand, it seemed like the inverse of the smoking gun.

It could have been 8 G and 4 NG. I just think it might be easier to move 2 folks to NG. But, in any case it was a Hung Jury. At least both sides know what to expect next time. Doubt his testifying will surprise the prosecution next time.

Ironically and totally coincidentally, the poll I created last week had a closing date/time of TODAY at 4:13pm.

That happens to be the exact moment the jurors walked out of the courtroom after a hung jury.

< cue Twilight Zone music >
:runaway: :doorhide: :eek: :eek:hoh: :eek:hwow: :shocked2: :nerves: :eye:

I surely hope we find out though, Madeleine. I would love to know the breakdown of the vote.

Sure hope not.,,,,would be shocked.
The state made many errors and should be able to recover in round 2.
The case was and IS very strong.

I thought the case was strong too. Guess this jury showed us! :eek:

I'm still in shock!

JMHO
fran

PS>....I'm not saying the jury is wrong, just that they may not have understood everything. Sometimes I think that's a disadvantage that we Websleuthers have. We know the case inside out before the trial even begins. Sometimes that can make it difficult for us to understand how the jury could reach or not reach a certain conclusion as evidenced by the verdict. There's things we know not put into evidence, that may have influenced them, and who knows why the pros didn't use it. Or they may have been denied to use it...

Can we get Alice Stubbs on the case? (I know she was his custody attorney...) But she depo'd BC for nearly 7 hrs! She knows how to grill someone. Maybe she could teach BH.

I'm still in shock!

JMHO
fran

PS>....I'm not saying the jury is wrong, just that they may not have understood everything. Sometimes I think that's a disadvantage that we Websleuthers have. We know the case inside out before the trial even begins. Sometimes that can make it difficult for us to understand how the jury could reach or not reach a certain conclusion as evidenced by the verdict. There's things we know not put into evidence, that may have influenced them, and who knows why the pros didn't use it. Or they may have been denied to use it...

I agree with you and JTF. I suspect they had trouble with some of the things that were not perfectly explained rather than looking at the entire picture.

I honestly think that if he had not testified we would not have round 2 coming up. I can not help but think there was some real dopes on that jury. I know that is terrible to say, I could see this in the BC trial, even w/the 1/2 *advertiser censored* pro BH who else would do this ? Sorry I am sooo annoyed. JMO

Poor CAS will have to tell the world about her indiscretions again.:boohoo:

No kidding, otto. She, Pat, and JY are all three quite a group. I feel sorry for LF and MF.

I suppose this prolongs any sense of closure for another couple of years, while for Pat there is probably a sense of justice.

I'm still in shock!

JMHO
fran

That's a really good point Fran. Stuff like the email conversation with his sister where he says he hopes an arrest never happens. Or, even stuff that looks to be wrong, such as the blood in the explorer. We've heard tons of information over the years that have helped us form an opinion that was not part of this trial.

Can we get Alice Stubbs on the case? (I know she was his custody attorney...) But she depo'd BC for nearly 7 hrs! She knows how to grill someone. Maybe she could teach BH.

BH needs to watch those tapes over and over and over again.

I honestly think that if he had not testified we would not have round 2 coming up. I can not help but think there was some real dopes on that jury. I know that is terrible to say, I could see this in the BC trial, even w/the 1/2 *advertiser censored* pro BH who else would do this ? Sorry I am sooo annoyed. JMO

Please don't bash the jury.

Wow, my heart goes out to LF and MF. Imagine how they're feeling about now? :(

What a heartbreaker!

No justice for Michelle. :no:

fran

I doubt the jury was dumb, dopey, or anything else that is derogatory. Unless you are there in the jury room, you have no idea what went down. I thank them for their job and hope they can get on with their lives without too much interruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member