2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hands have always bothered me. They are just evil and she wrings them in the same manner that I suspect Pontius Pilatus washed his hands.......

Funny you brought up hands, because I was thinking that she reaches for her neck when she deals with Baez. Maybe fear or awe. Who knows. Anyway, when the last sidebar happened - watch her demeanor if you can. Baez jumped up about as close as he will ever be to a Judge's seat and hovered over LBD. This was following a laugh session in front ICA earlier with LBD, where you could tell ICA was uncomfortable. Again in the sidebar she glances over. Forced herself imo to not look again for quite awhile and then looked and saw those two pretty chummy - reached for her neck again. There is a symbolism there in many ways. She was not happy, at all. I think she is jealous and perhaps can know that once this case is over, LBD will have more in common and more interaction potentially with JB in the future... In this case, I think she had that and a hit of jealousy.

I'm gonna miss tomorrow seeing JB trying desperately to throw water out of his sinking ship as the "River C" puts the final hole in it.

I'm taking my mom and aunts out tomorrow for my aunts birthday celebration.

So sad when George said it's been hard to come to terms with the fact that he doesn't have a grand daughter anymore. She can never completely erase Caylee George, she will always be your grand daughter.

I like what Judge Alex on HLN said. This is an ABC defense. Anybody But Casey.

With the DT wrapping up tomorrow, and HHBP telling the state that they should be prepared to begin rebuttal tomorrow afternoon, it would appear that the DT may only have one or two witnesses left.

We know by reports that River Cruz was waiting outside in the hall this afternoon, so she is one witness. Are there any more left to testify? I wonder if KC will testify and be the last witness?

As far as rebuttal goes, it's been stated that two of Cindy's former co-workers have been subpoenaed to testify. Bill Shaeffer referenced the HIPPA laws that all medical records be kept for 7 years, so there may be records of Cindy being at work when the computer searches were made.

I also expect to see someone testify regarding phone records for George and Cindy that might show that they weren't home during those computer searches.

I also think Dr. Garavaglia will be called to testify to refute Dr. Spitz's allegation that her autopsy was shoddy.

Can anyone think of other possible rebuttal witnesses?

What happens after the state's rebuttal? Does defense rebut the rebuttal and vice versa into infinity? Or does the state have the last word? I think they do since Caylee is the victim and they are speaking for her. I've watched lots of trials but some states have different rules, so I'm curious. TIA.

Mark Nejame just said on HLN w/Vinnie

Talking about the suicide note of GA.

MN said the only suicide here is the defense and their self inflicting womb. LOL

BBM
Did he really say WOMB? :floorlaugh:

Unfortunately I can speak from experience and the Mother worried about her little boy in the dark and rain....

I remember that very night after the burial realizing that the person who I loved most in the world would not be tucking in his sweet children for the night nor would the warmth of his body be curled up next to mine as we slept. My parents had my little ones that night and before it was light out, I drove to the cemetery, put our favourite blanket on the ground and laid down next to the freshly dug earth and flowers. I didn't care how it looked or how strange people would think I was, I just needed to be with my husband.

Grief is a long, exhausting journey and even though we all grieve differently, there is nothing in ICA's demeanor after her daughter was killed, whether by her own hands or an accident, that spoke of grief imo.

I just hope the jury caught the stark contrast from the last witness on how someone dealt with death of a child. It was huge, but I don't know at that hour of the day if the jury was able to assimilate that into the whole of the testimony she gave. It was powerful, if you put the contrast together in your head.

I have a male envy of JA. He is remarkable.

I have a feeling JA is already planning to help them out with that. (I hope.)

I am trying so hard not to cry but the tears are welling up making it hard for me to type. Oops, there they go. The differences between the mother worried about her baby in the dark and the rain and the mother living the bella vita while her daughter was -- well, you know all the horrible things that poor baby suffered -- the differences are gigantic. I lost my husband last November and I thought I was doing well until this month when his birthday and father's day rolled around one week from each other. I thought I was doing well considering he was progressively ill with dementia since 1998, but I've been hit big-time with grief this month. I need to do something because I am slipping into somewhere I don't want to be. It surprises, angers, mystifies, and sickens me that KC can go live the bella vita after her daughter's death - even if she didn't do it (which I think she did). My heart is full of pain from a more or less natural death - and she sits there stone faced and angry during testimony that breaks the hearts of people who will never know Caylee Marie. I am not a saint, but I changed the diapers of a grown man, bathed him, comforted him, feed him, sang to him, read to him, loved him, and held him in my arms as he lay dying, pleading me with his eyes to not let go. When I finally had to, it was so hard. Because most of us have loved so much and have lost so much through the years, we are outraged at what this young mother has done and even more so at what she continues to do. With every lie she murders her beautiful child over and over again. She needs to rot in hell while her daughter plays games with my Papa Joe. He will love to tease her and make sure she suffers for nothing in their special place.

Wonderful, compassionate post. I think you got us all teary eyed. I know I am. Peace

Funny you brought up hands, because I was thinking that she reaches for her neck when she deals with Baez. Maybe fear or awe. Who knows. Anyway, when the last sidebar happened - watch her demeanor if you can. Baez jumped up about as close as he will ever be to a Judge's seat and hovered over LBD. This was following a laugh session in front ICA earlier with LBD, where you could tell ICA was uncomfortable. Again in the sidebar she glances over. Forced herself imo to not look again for quite awhile and then looked and saw those two pretty chummy - reached for her neck again. There is a symbolism there in many ways. She was not happy, at all. I think she is jealous and perhaps can know that once this case is over, LBD will have more in common and more interaction potentially with JB in the future... In this case, I think she had that and a hit of jealousy.

I missed that, but have noticed that when successful, intellegent, attractive, professional women gave their testimony should look at them with great disdain

After watching today, I really think the Defense should have just gone with a drowning story, and Casey covering it up, and going into denial. They should never have brought the sexual molestation, GA's being part of the cover-up, and Kronk in. Know this has been said before, but feel it all came back to roost the last 2 days.

Just now on HLN, they were showing GA's emotional testimony and ICA's expression along side. She seemed so cold with no emotion, until GA started crying so hard he could hardly talk, then.........I saw a "glimmer" of emotion from ICA. She was acting for the jury for the most part of that so they might see her as viewing her father as the "bad" father but, her knowing full well that is not the truth, she is now shocked that he believes that she alone is responsible for his grandaughter no longer being here.

Carried over from trial thread

I am still shaken up by the story of the poor momma who was afraid to let her boy spend the night alone in the dark in the rain, even after he had died and was buried.

That is TRUE Grief. We havent seen anything that resembles that from ICA... Did anyone get any pics ICA while SK was telling that story...?

I cant imagine how heart breaking and painful that would be, to be holding an umbrella and blankets over your childs grave, afraid that they are scared and cold... :'( im still in tears here!

When my son was 11 yrs old a friend of his died on playground at school from brain anyurism (sp) My son was alter boy at his funeral.We were stationed in MA at Army base in VERY cold winter.....

Before we moved in March during snowstorm Tim insisted on going to his friends snow covered grave and covering it with blankets so Kevin would not get cold.........I am sobbing thinking of this mother in the rain and my son in the snow

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."

:hug:

Today has opened a lot of old wounds. TG we have each other .

Thank you for sharing . It flies in the face of the DT's opening statement.

Did JB say the Defense will rest tomorrow? Is he counting on no cross exam for Casey?

After today's testimony, I feel more confident than ever that the jury will come back with a 1st degree murder conviction. It will be a sweet day when the verdict comes in, for so many of us. Caylee will have the justice that she so rightly deserves. Casey will have her justice too, and no one deserves, the kind of justice she will receive, more than she does. Thank God for the prosecutors that have worked so hard for Caylee. I, for one, will be glad when this trial is over and Casey is locked away and forgotten.

Is River Cruz the only defense witness left? I'm not sure she'll be allowed to testify.

ITA but, along with that I think it's a gesture of self-comforting in an insecure frame of mind. A little paranoid maybe too. She's at the end of the hallway with this trial and she knows it!

I am trying so hard not to cry but the tears are welling up making it hard for me to type. Oops, there they go. The differences between the mother worried about her baby in the dark and the rain and the mother living the bella vita while her daughter was -- well, you know all the horrible things that poor baby suffered -- the differences are gigantic. I lost my husband last November and I thought I was doing well until this month when his birthday and father's day rolled around one week from each other. I thought I was doing well considering he was progressively ill with dementia since 1998, but I've been hit big-time with grief this month. I need to do something because I am slipping into somewhere I don't want to be. It surprises, angers, mystifies, and sickens me that KC can go live the bella vita after her daughter's death - even if she didn't do it (which I think she did). My heart is full of pain from a more or less natural death - and she sits there stone faced and angry during testimony that breaks the hearts of people who will never know Caylee Marie. I am not a saint, but I changed the diapers of a grown man, bathed him, comforted him, feed him, sang to him, read to him, loved him, and held him in my arms as he lay dying, pleading me with his eyes to not let go. When I finally had to, it was so hard. Because most of us have loved so much and have lost so much through the years, we are outraged at what this young mother has done and even more so at what she continues to do. With every lie she murders her beautiful child over and over again. She needs to rot in hell while her daughter plays games with my Papa Joe. He will love to tease her and make sure she suffers for nothing in their special place.

I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are feeling. God Bless you!

So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!
THAT'S IT!!!! Molly Shannon's Sally O' Malley!! I was trying to think of that character's name for HOURS, you have saved me from obsessing all night! Someone has to find a video. What did she say- "I like to kick! and ??" This woman IS Sally O!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆