2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a big mistake if they do not have Dr. G take the stand during rebuttal. I think she needs to to address the whole opening of the skull issue.

HHJP says:

If the jury opens the can and smells it, what would they smell it to determine? Are we making them witnesses? Are we asking them, Can you determine based on your own senses to say it is the scent of a decomposing body?

In jury selection, 3 or 4 said they already smelled the odor, but I can't remember which ones. How would the defense be able to question that one particular juror and know what impact that one juror will have on other jurors?

In my estimation the new extrinsic evidence would deny ICA her 6th amendment right to confront witnesses against her because she would have no ability to question that member of the jury.

We will not allow any smell test by jurors. There has been ample testimony, cutting edge or voodoo science, depending on which side you're on, on Mr. Baez side it's voodoo science, we have had ample evidence from several witnesses as to what the testimony was (and what the can smelled like).

We will not permit Mr. Vincent's testimony.

BBBM: She could confirm the odor from her trunk.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with HHJP:twocents:

This is the problem with CA's and ICA's elaborately detailed lies. That extra information (passwords, etc.) comes back to haunt them. Truly, the devil is in the details!

after living with habitual liar for yrs that is their problem.They think that they need more facts to bolster their claim all the while really digging themselves further into a hole.The more my husbands sister gave alot of details I knew she was lying..
Sort of like she would say the sky is green and then proceade to tell me all sorts of facts,people involved that prove that the sky is green

Slow, slow, slow. Man, get it moving, why dontcha? Will they never end this mess? I'm ready to move on with my life. :crazy:

And WTF does it matter what the cans smell like. How many people have gotten life or the death penalty without the jurors having to smell evidence? Not necessary IMO!

View attachment casey.bmp

I don't have a clue if I did this right, but IF the pic loads, look just behind the water bottle, you can see the black corner of something. At one point she was looking at it, nudged the person next to her, then quickly snatched it up and put it in her lap. Wondering if JB has a second blackberry, possibly she slid it into the huge notebook that she placed back up on the table.

She's had more than a fair trial. SHe's had the benefit of hundreds of thousands of dollars of free legal work from some top professionals. She chose Baez, she got to keep him and therefore she's had a fair trial.

meh this whole thing seems like a witch hunt to me. i don't think we'll ever know the true story. the family is just as guilty as ICA

HHJP treats JA like the OLDER child. You know the one that always gets into trouble and you should know better.

Sit down Mr. Ashton, I am not finish. Mr. Ashton, I apoligize and HHJP says I know?

But how many times has JB interupted HHJP and nothing said to him.

Kinda, in a backwards sort of way, the way Cindy treated Lee over KC. :banghead:

I hope they are not able to smell the cans. I just think it's too risky, and the State does not need them to smell it to make their case. Sometimes the imagination is better than the real thing. They have heard everyone state how horrible the car smelled. No reason to have them smell. It looks as if JP is leaning toward them not smelling it. I hope the suicide note comes in, to me that's more important than a smell that most would agree smells like death. All, just my opinion.

Agree. The state has proved a body was in the car. Why risk that one of the jurors will smell it and think differently for whatever reason? They don't need it.

Judge Perry is amazing! He knows what's best. I adore this man, sorry, but I just do!

ICA isn't paying much attention to HHJP is she? Unless she's feeling the need to send him the Death Glare.

I'll tell ya, what little I've seen so far the DT looks and sounds totally deflated to me.

She is reading something JA gave to JB...

My suspicion is that Casey is reading either (1) Baez closing statement or (2) instructions to the jury

IMO

I think it is the documents from Gentiva IMO

o/t but since the jurors were dismissed/not allowed back in after lunch I have been able to preheat my oven, mix, bake, and sufficiently cool brownies, which I am currently eating. These breaks are killing me---and my thighs!

It really is good the jury does not have to smell that smell.

It was bad enough Casey forced her Mom, her dad and brother to smell it.

I think Casey was going to testify until she saw what Ashton did to Cruz and then she said "F that I'm not testifying".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23